8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 232 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled.png
    funny-pictures-angry-grey-cat-sulks.jpg
    sandbox.jpg
    images.jpg
    DisGonBGud.gif
    popgoesthecyborg.gif
    terminator_hawaii.jpg
    escalated-quickly-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    251614.jpg
    Ministry2.jpg
    T2.gif
    firefly.gif
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-15_at_9.10.56_PM.png
    THE-TERMINATOR-BY-MRF-terminator-30881291-1920-1200.jpg
    city_in_fire.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#138 8 years ago

Atomicboy - For what it's worth I've read the entire thread. The emails between you and Ministry seem to be slight miscommunication. They were planning to refund your money and pay for return shipping and directed you to paypal link for return label shipping. Unfortunately, looks like that option didn't work for Canada residents which I don't believe Ministry knew. But his intention was to refund you. I do agree that you sent multiple emails following that email and did not get a timely response. That is the fault of the seller - Ministry. Maybe he got busy, I don't know but a simple email back with alternative instructions could have avoided much of this.

Playing arm chair QB, I get the clock was ticking on your paypal protection clock of 45 days. So you had to file to protect yourself. Playing the same QB position for Ministry I get why his thoughts would be, why did you go to paypal first? I sent you instructions for a return? How much clearer can I be? Another freebie US/Canadian buyer. Ugh. I'll get back to you shortly. Just sharing each others point of view in the scenario. What did we learn, Canada screwed you.

I do think Ministry is trying to do you right though and even giving you a free T2 head to remedy. BTW, slapping the olive branch saying it's a crappy head too was in poor form and added to the pitchforks. It came across as being bitter - reading everything in this thread.

As far as the translight goes, that's a product quality issue. Whether that's the best it's going to get (Aurich) or somehow it could be better (I honestly don't know) - this is not the customer fault, period. Ministry chose to carry the product to resell, they then need to support their return policy as well. Period. And it looks like they are.

All you guys blaming Atomic for thinking it would be just like the picture on the for sale site, respectfully you guys may be sitting too high on your horses. While I sincerely respect being educated on the process for translight production with least pixelation, as a consumer buying from a respectable site like Ministry (yes, I support them) I expect it to be of equal quality to what's being advertised. Again, not sure if it is or isn't. But to blame a consumer is not right. Feedback like what Atomic is providing will help Ministry determine if they should keep stocking that product in the future. Without that feedback, people buy this alleged crap translight, never say anything, and the next pinsider gets disappointed again.

Too many pitchforks in these threads lately. Atomic my only advice would be to relax a bit, reach out to Ministry directly again and work it out off the forums. He seems like he's trying. I appreciate heads up on quality concerns of translight.

#157 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Um, your post is titled "bad-seller-alert-–-ministry-of-pinball" If you wanted to just advise about the bad translite, you should have titled "Crappy bootleg translite from MOP - buyer beware"
    YOU are the one who turned disappointment over a bootleg translite into a general "bad seller" thread. Change the title and stop trashing those guys already.

He got his refund from paypal - not MOP. Thus why he started the thread "bad seller". Thread should probably be changed now in lieu of remedies offered.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-%e2%80%93-ministry-of-pinball?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.