8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 232 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled.png
    funny-pictures-angry-grey-cat-sulks.jpg
    sandbox.jpg
    images.jpg
    DisGonBGud.gif
    popgoesthecyborg.gif
    terminator_hawaii.jpg
    escalated-quickly-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    251614.jpg
    Ministry2.jpg
    T2.gif
    firefly.gif
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-15_at_9.10.56_PM.png
    THE-TERMINATOR-BY-MRF-terminator-30881291-1920-1200.jpg
    city_in_fire.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 8 years ago

I hate to do this, but tough crap… I bought a T2 alt translite, as the guy in the states that originally did them said he doesn’t do them anymore, and all the stuff went to this European guy. I have bought from the original guy before, and he did TOP NOTCH work and quality. He assured me the new people doing these have promised the same quality (a point of contention I’m not holding the original guy too…).

I purchased this via paypal, wait forever for it to arrive (I get that’s not the fault of the seller), and when it does, I get a pixelated piece of garbage. I ordered the red T2 alt, and it looks as though they simple blew up the image on the site, and didn’t even use an original large scale image.

I contact them, he says to mail it back, must have been a mistake by one of his staff, he would never had let this go out like that… Whatever. I had to start a dispute though, as the time was nearly there for being able to go this route. He gets all mad, stating that people do this to get their money back, and keep the item. I clearly tell him and paypal that is not my intention, and that this thing would be in the garbage even if he told me to keep it, and that it’s not even my money I want back, it’s a good version of the translite. I clearly told him I was doing this as I needed to protect myself, and that I would still gladly take a proper one.

Anyway, I fail to hear from him again (shocking, I assume he was hoping for a delay in the mail, and my time expiring to make a dispute), and after a while paypal tells me to send it back. I had to call to argue paying for return shipping, as MOP said they would pay for the return postage, but did not, and I didn’t feel I should. All this time mind you, I told both paypal AND MOP that I have photos that can CLEARLY end who is right and wrong, but neither want them. Paypal agrees with me, and covers the $50 shipping, but requests a tracking number, which I provided.

Due to the delays, a few days ago I get an email from paypal stating we are closing you case in the favor of MOP as my tracking number was incorrect… I’m like wtf!? Check it, nope, it’s perfectly fine, and the item is in the Netherlands in a sorting facility. I call, waste another 45 minutes dealing with them. At this point paypal tells me I need to show a receipt for this, to prove I sent it to them, as they ccan only see it’s in the Netherlands, but can’t confirm the address, as people commit fraud with sending to other addresses, whatever, it’s been a month since I sent it, and they only asked for the tracking number. I’m losing my mind here, as I’ve jumped through a crap load of hoops here, only to have to do more? And AGAIN I remind them, I still have the photos that can prove this and end the dispute now if anyone wants to see them…. Crickets…. MOP doesn't care to see them, they know what they sent.

Finally the object is shown as delivered, and today paypal forwards my money. I had even wrote to MOP before telling them the money isn’t my goal, I just want a proper quality print of what I ordered, and I’ll gladly pay for it, but nothing in return.

What a mess, I wasted like 3-4 hours doing this, and even told everyone, I just want the product, not even the refund. I can only assume he wanted it back, and NOT photos so he could try to sell it to some other pinhead, so be warned.

Here are the pics I took. I can't even post the pic from their site, as they are closed for moving. the original guy BTW recommended this red one, as he said the detail of the city really made it look amazing... you be the judge:

20150807_140902_resized.jpg20150807_140902_resized.jpg
    20150807_140914_resized.jpg20150807_140914_resized.jpg
    20150807_140846_resized.jpg20150807_140846_resized.jpg
    20150807_140854_resized.jpg20150807_140854_resized.jpg

#2 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I ordered the red T2 alt, and it looks as though they simple blew up the image on the site, and didn’t even use an original large scale image.

Since the robot skeleton image is pretty clear that's obviously not the case. The source image for the background just sucked. Was probably downloaded off the web, and what you're seeing is a combination of scaling and the mess that JPEG compression can leave when compressing images that are really red heavy.

#3 8 years ago

The site is still accessible underneath the overlay.

Here's a direct link the image displayed in the listing for the translite: http://www.ministryofpinball.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/e/terminator2-03_alternate_mop.jpg

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Since the robot skeleton image is pretty clear that's obviously not the case. The source image for the background just sucked. Was probably downloaded off the web, and what you're seeing is a combination of scaling and the mess that JPEG compression can leave when compressing images that are really red heavy.

It's not. It may be hard to see that detail in these photos, but the robot is pretty much the same. If you look at the image, and the one posted in the link, you can see the lines are not clear in what I got.

I'm pretty sure that same image on his site is what was used to make the full sized one. If you ever bought from the original guy that made these, his stuff was perfect.

What I received was total crap, unlike his description of the item.

#5 8 years ago

Looks about the same quality as a standard stern translite.

#6 8 years ago

This is another good reason not to enter the Ministry

#7 8 years ago

Hello Aaron,

When we first had contact with each other our email to you sounded like this:

"Hi Aaron,

Sorry to hear this.

We use the exact same files as the original ones. A translite bought in Europe or the USA will look 100% exactly the same.

We have never ever had any complaints about these translites but we respect that your not satisfied with the product.

You can sent the translite back for free using PayPal and we will refund you your money for it.

Starting a dispute before we had the chance to even give a reaction to the buyer usually means that the buyer wants his parts for free. Let's hope your not a buyer like that."

Does that sound to you that I got all mad? Not to me but again I respect your opinion.

You then sent us an email complaining that you don't like the quality of the part and want a replacement as you stated in your Pinside post. We then reply to you with this answer:

"Hi Aaron,

No worries. We will solve this. I obviously didn't pack your order, otherwise I would have seen that it is as bad as your saying.

When you log on to Paypal you can print labels for free return shipping.

Please let me know."

Assuming that you we're busy with PayPal about this, we asked you after 2 weeks if you already sent us the translite back. This also doesn't sound to me as we don't care about this issue?

You now mention in your Pinside post that we shouldn't care about this issue and just want to wait for you to return the translite just so we can sell it to somebody else. Making assumption like that are just plain wrong. We're not the type of business that want to make money over other peoples backs. Most all of customers are more then happy with our products and our service.

Just to explain a few things. We buy these translites from a second party in The Netherlands who bought the files from the guy you mention in your post. We have asked this supplier about the problem you experienced with the translite. The guy assured us that the files he is using to make these translites are exactly the same as the files the American guy used.

Any bad experiences you experienced with PayPal, USPS or any second party is obviously very unsatisfying but isn't something we can't do anything about.

We also sent you a Terminator skull in your order. You have been refunded completely by PayPal. You can keep the skull for free as we understand this experience wasn't very satisfying one for you. We still would like to solve this issue completely because as I stated before, we want to do things correctly. We're sorry that your experience with use was a bad one. If you want to receive another T2 translite, to see if the second is better then the first one, please just send us an email and we are more then happy to help you.

Starting a post stating that we are a bad seller is your right to do but isn't something we should do.

Thanks Bert

#8 8 years ago

Now this sounds like a great seller in my mind!

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Brt:

Hello Aaron,
    "Hi Aaron,
    Sorry to hear this.
    We use the exact same files as the original ones. A translite bought in Europe or the USA will look 100% exactly the same.
    We have never ever had any complaints about these translites but we respect that your not satisfied with the product.
    You can sent the translite back for free using PayPal and we will refund you your money for it.
    Starting a dispute before we had the chance to even give a reaction to the buyer usually means that the buyer wants his parts for free. Let's hope your not a buyer like that."
    Does that sound to you that I got all mad? Not to me but again I respect your opinion.
    You then sent us an email complaining that you don't like the quality of the part and want a replacement as you stated in your Pinside post. We then reply to you with this answer:
    "Hi Aaron,
    No worries. We will solve this. I obviously didn't pack your order, otherwise I would have seen that it is as bad as your saying.
    Please let me know."
    Assuming that you we're busy with PayPal about this, we asked you after 2 weeks if you already sent us the translite back. This also doesn't sound to me as we don't care about this issue?
    You now mention in your Pinside post that we shouldn't care about this issue and just want to wait for you to return the translite just so we can sell it to somebody else. Making assumption like that are just plain wrong. We're not the type of business that want to make money over other peoples backs. Most all of customers are more then happy with our products and our service.
    Just to explain a few things. We buy these translites from a second party in The Netherlands who bought the files from the guy you mention in your post. We have asked this supplier about the problem you experienced with the translite. The guy assured us that the files he is using to make these translites are exactly the same as the files the American guy used.
    Any bad experiences you experienced with PayPal, USPS or any second party is obviously very unsatisfying but isn't something we can't do anything about.
    We also sent you a Terminator skull in your order. You have been refunded completely by PayPal. You can keep the skull for free as we understand this experience wasn't very satisfying one for you. We still would like to solve this issue completely because as I stated before, we want to do things correctly. We're sorry that your experience with use was a bad one. If you want to receive another T2 translite, to see if the second is better then the first one, please just send us an email and we are more then happy to help you.
    Starting a post stating that we are a bad seller is your right to do but isn't something we should do.
    Thanks Bert

Well done sir.

#10 8 years ago

Pretty good if you got a free skull out of the deal. Sounds like it was a gift from MOP for what you had to deal with. They sound pretty cool to me

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

It's not. It may be hard to see that detail in these photos, but the robot is pretty much the same. If you look at the image, and the one posted in the link, you can see the lines are not clear in what I got.

You got an aftermarket translite, made from assets stolen from who knows where. Google image search probably. Yeah, not gonna be super clear. Your photos are more than clear enough to show that the robot isn't a pixelated mess, it's probably just suffering from the fact that it never was a high rez image source.

I don't think people realize how large a translite image needs to be to look like proper high quality. If you're working at the standard 300dpi than a Williams translite is 7950 × 5513 pixels. Good luck with your Google search for a studio photo of a T2 that big.

You get what you pay for, I doubt anyone else has one that's going to magically look good with that kind of work.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Brt:

Hello Aaron,
    "Hi Aaron,
    Sorry to hear this.
    "Hi Aaron,
    Please let me know."
    Thanks Bert

Seems like a good response and the original doesn't look too bad to me considering it'll be made from stock images and you generally don't look up too close on a translite.

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Seems like a good response and the original doesn't look too bad to me considering it'll be made from stock images and you generally don't look up too close on a translite.

Yeah. 5 feet away and it probably looks ok.

#14 8 years ago

I've recently purchased plastic sets from M.O.P and found their prices and services to be fantastic...

If it was an NOS or repro of the original i'd understand your concerns but in support of Aurich's comment you've got to manage your own expectations for after market products like this.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Brt:

Hello Aaron,
    "Hi Aaron,
    Sorry to hear this.
    "Hi Aaron,
    Please let me know."
    Thanks Bert

Makes me want to buy from MOP after reading the response.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from mikeincali:

Makes me want to buy from MOP after reading the response.

Agreed. Always two sides to every story.

#17 8 years ago

I ordered many times at ministry of pinball. I got my Metallica LE from them and am still waiting for the Hobbit I ordered there. And all I can say is that the service there was always very good!
    Top Seller and very friendly! I can highly recommend Ministry of pinball and don't think that the thread title is fair.

#18 8 years ago

So, here is the actual email exchange:

Me:

I have received this package. I am not at all happy with the translite. This is a heavily pixielated image, which only appears to be the one from your site blown up to translite size. I know the guy in the states who created these, and he told me that you were doing these now at that he sold all to you, and that you were making them to his standards, but this is not that.

The images in the back cannot even be made out given issues, and the robot that is supposed to be defined and clear is pixielated as well, and it simply looks awful.

Please confirm what you are going to do about this.

MOP:

Hi Aaron,

Sorry to hear this.

Starting a dispute before we had the chance to even give a reaction to the buyer usually means that the buyer wants his parts for free. Let's hope your not a buyer like that.

Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards, Sincères salutations, Herzliche Grüße,

Ministry of Pinball Import B.V. / Ministry of Pinball Online Sales B.V.

Me:

MOP,

I am on Pinside, as Atomicboy, and am very active in the community. I started the dispute at the same time as I wasn't sure of any time restrictions with that. I am not looking for anything free, only what I ordered. I have ordered from the guy in the states before, and talked to him many times on the phone. He actually directed me to this particular T2 one, as he noted the details in the city behind the robot was incredible, and crisp. I have also seen this translite on other pinsider's machines, and the image is perfect, unlike what I received. It's not even close.

I can send photos of what you have sent me, although I'm sure you know what it looks like. It is so heavily pixelated that you can't make out any detail of the city at all, and the the robot is garbled in appearance.

If this was in some way an error, and you are able to send the crisp translite, with the quality description you described on your own site, that IS what I want, but if not, then I do not wish to keep this.

Again, I would in no way ever put this on my machine in the quality it is now, so you can rest assured I care not for acquiring this for free.

Let me know what you want to do, but if you want it returned, I do not want to pay for return shipping and have my full payment plus the shipping for this item refunded.

MOP:

Hi Aaron,

Please let me know.

Met vriendelijke groet, Best regards, Sincères salutations, Herzliche Grüße,

(Everything looking good at this point, send back, they will pay, I`m thinking, ok good...)

Me:

So you will review this when returned and send me a good one? Again, that is all I want, the clear crisp version that everyone else has, nothing more. I would prefer this over a refund for sure.

(a week passes, as I thought my assistant sent this back for me, in their defence)

MOP:

Aaron, have you shipped the translite back to us?

Me:

I thought my assistant sent this back, but she is having the same issue as me, I cannot see where you can print the return labels. I have looked up the instructions from Paypal which note the below, but I cannot figure out how to do this. I've tried all of the below, but none of them have this link...

(no response)

Me again:

I have not had a response from you. I contacted Paypal and their resolution department, they stated what you advised of is not possible, as I am charged for the return of the item. Furthermore, this is not something they offer for Canadian Customers, but apparently I can use www.paypal.com/shipnow to complete something similar, but this is through the USA paypal.

Regardless, because of the issues, I don't feel I should be paying for the shipping to return. Please advise how you would like to proceed.

(no response again, or in the future again)

So now, despite being told I would be taken care of, there was nothing, and clearly I wasn`t getting the cost for the return covered by you.

This is the correspondence.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Brt:

Why should I care, this is YOUR product when sold on your site. You should know what you are selling, and if there is a problem, I deal with you. You can clear this up with whomever is behind that.

Quoted from Brt:

This all resulted from you not “taking care of me”, which you said you would. If you did, paid for the return as you stated you would, I would have then accepted the money back, or what I really wanted, a good version, which I noted to you in the emails.

Quoted from Brt:

The skull is crap too, it’s not even shiny like the original, but whatever. I don’t care I got it for free, I could have sent that back as well, send me postage and it is yours.

I am STILL prepared to pay that which was returned if you send me what you described so nicely on your site, but I will be damned if you are getting my money first this time, as if there is an issue, I am not prepared to get crickets again. You had that chance.

I am hardly looking for free people. Please tell me, if you ordered what I did and got the below, would you be happy? Did I not try to deal with the seller adequately given the emails? I had to launch my dispute, but they then allow both to resolve, which is what I tried, and ONLY after the seller stopped responding, did it have to go further. After the time I wasted, I’m simply pointing this out so others don’t fall into the same issue.
    20150807_140914_resized.jpg20150807_140914_resized.jpg

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Please tell me, if you ordered what I did and got the below, would you be happy?

Honestly it looks exactly like I'd expect it to look. Which isn't that great, but see my post above for why that would be.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You got an aftermarket translite, made from assets stolen from who knows where.

I bought a product from MOP. How do I know if it's licensed or not, why is that my concern? They sold it, buyer is supposed to confirm with licencee that product is legit?

Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, not gonna be super clear. Your photos are more than clear enough to show that the robot isn't a pixelated mess,

Wrong. You have never bought from the previous guy, his stuff is top notch clearer than most original work. Robot lines in person were not good. I realise this is not coming through well in the photos I posted. Only when I was about to mail this back did I think, hmm I better snag some in my car just in case, despite no one wanting photos of it.

Trust me though, it was not good in person.

Quoted from Aurich:

I don't think people realize how large a translite image needs to be to look like proper high quality. If you're working at the standard 300dpi than a Williams translite is 7950 × 5513 pixels. Good luck with your Google search for a studio photo of a T2 that big.
    You get what you pay for, I doubt anyone else has one that's going to magically look good with that kind of work.

You're right, I will get what I pay for, or I will get my money back. Anyone else purchased this from the original guy that can comment on the quality please?

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly it looks exactly like I'd expect it to look. Which isn't that great, but see my post above for why that would be.

So below is what it was supposed to look like, and you are saying you would expect the shitty pixelated mess I got?
    So your Shadow translites clearly have much less detail and more pixelation than what you promised in your description? Come on...

And this should be expected? Look at this photo, read his site description, and tell me again how I got what I ordered...!
    Read the email correspondence and tell me where I was wrong in how that went down! Thank god I DID start the paypal dispute, given how he failed to get back to me or pay for the return shipping, given it was not as described. Yet, I'm given the comment about how I might be that kind of buyer trying to get something for free. Ironic in the end, given he was prepared to keep my money but not pay for the return shipping to make it right, despite stating he would.
    translite_terminator_2_judment_day_pinball_williams_03.jpgtranslite_terminator_2_judment_day_pinball_williams_03.jpg

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

You're right, I will get what I pay for, or I will get my money back.

Didn't you already get your money back?

Quoted from Atomicboy:

So below is what it was supposed to look like, and you are saying you would expect the shitty pixelated mess I got?
    So your Shadow translites clearly have much less detail and more pixelation than what you promised in your description? Come on...

No, my translites look better in person than in photos.

Seriously though, this is the difference between something done from scratch, and something built from photos grabbed off the web. Do you think that guy hand painted that burning background? He stole it from a wallpaper site:

city in fire.jpgcity in fire.jpg

It was never meant to be printed that large. I'm not surprised it doesn't look great. If you think MOP shouldn't be selling it because the quality sucks ... well I guess I don't have an argument for that. But this isn't a freak accident, it's on the guy who made it, even if you were happy with his other products.

#24 8 years ago

Someone who bought the original please step up and post how yours looks... You have no idea where he got the original image from.

Regardless, even if that was the case, as I mentioned, if it's not as described, for whatever reason, that's false advertisement. What I got was not what was described, plain and simple. If he posted an actual photo, as *I* did, with the issues, a clear view of it, and said this is what you get, hey no problem. I wasn't given that opportunity though.

#25 8 years ago

Sorry you're unhappy

I found MOP extremely easy to work with.

Best of luck in happy ending

#26 8 years ago

Extra extra, (apparently) unlicensed product is not up to snuff!

Story at eleven...

#27 8 years ago

Dude, take your refund and move on with your life. Seller seems cool to me, and I've dealt with dozens of sellers of arcade cabs, boards and pins over the years.

I've ran into my share of shady sellers and this guy isn't even close.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Someone who bought the original please step up and post how yours looks...

Exactly like yours I'm sure. You can't print it nicer no matter what printer you use if the original data just isn't there in the pixels.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

You have no idea where he got the original image from.

Sure I do, the, the guy who makes these steals all the images for all of them. I just showed it to you above, it's the exact same image, he slapped a T2 on it and a logo and blended in some fire over the chrome. I've already played this game on Pinside, dissected a bunch of his translites to show all the source images, it's really not hard when he grabs them all from the internet in the first place.

Wallpaper sites, model sites, car sites, he even just jacked the front of video game box art on more than one occasion. Shock, the quality is bad.

If you're gonna be mad at someone be mad at the guy who's making crappy translites, the sites selling them are just providing what he does. We all know they're bootlegs, no one thinks they're actual licensed products, it's buyer beware really.

Here's the source for the terminator image, he just mirrored it and blended over it:

THE-TERMINATOR-BY-MRF-terminator-30881291-1920-1200.jpgTHE-TERMINATOR-BY-MRF-terminator-30881291-1920-1200.jpg

I could recreate that translite in 20 minutes, but it wouldn't print any nicer, source art still sucks. Unfortunately red is really susceptible to JPEG compression too, which isn't helping the fire.

#30 8 years ago

And there you go

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Exactly like yours I'm sure. You can't print it nicer no matter what printer you use if the original data just isn't there in the pixels.

Sure I do, the, the guy who makes these steals all the images for all of them. I just showed it to you above, it's the exact same image, he slapped a T2 on it and a logo and blended in some fire over the chrome. I've already played this game on Pinside, dissected a bunch of his translites to show all the source images, it's really not hard when he grabs them all from the internet in the first place.
    Wallpaper sites, model sites, car sites, he even just jacked the front of video game box art on more than one occasion. Shock, the quality is bad.
    If you're gonna be mad at someone be mad at the guy who's making crappy translites, the sites selling them are just providing what he does. We all know they're bootlegs, no one thinks they're actual licensed products, it's buyer beware really.
    Here's the source for the terminator image, he just mirrored it and blended over it:
    THE-TERMINATOR-BY-MRF-terminator-30881291-1920-1200.jpg
    I could recreate that translite in 20 minutes, but it wouldn't print any nicer, source art still sucks. Unfortunately red is really susceptible to JPEG compression too, which isn't helping the fire.

So, if that's the case, I'm the bad guy here, and MOP was a great seller, is that correct? I ordered based on their description, didn't get that, but I'm the one that is wrong?

This is shit... I posted this for people to not get screwed the same way I did (didn't get what I ordered, didn't get the ending I was told I would from MOP directly). This was a warning for others.

Fuck it, great seller everyone, I was wrong, buy their translites with confidence! You're welcome for trying to make sure the next guy doesn't go down the same shitty path and watching out for others here. Just continue to tell me how it's my fault for this...

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

So, if that's the case, I'm the bad guy here, and MOP was a great seller, is that correct? I ordered based on their description, didn't get that, but I'm the one that is wrong?
    This is shit... I posted this for people to not get screwed the same way I did (didn't get what I ordered, didn't get the ending I was told I would from MOP directly). This was a warning for others.
    Fuck it, great seller everyone, I was wrong, buy their translites with confidence! You're welcome for trying to make sure the next guy doesn't go down the same shitty path and watching out for others here. Just continue to tell me how it's my fault for this...

If I read everything accurately, it was more of just lack of communication to get the product returned correct? So maybe Uncommunicative Seller would have been more descriptive.

Good warning on the Refake Translite though, thanks!

Edit---Maybe not Refake......Hijacked Translite,,,,Shitty looking Translite,,,,,Under-pixeled Piece-O-shit?

#33 8 years ago

Meh.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

You weren't happy with the product which is totally fine, they offered to refund it if you returned it. Not sure what the big problem is then.

#35 8 years ago

I'm going to wait until I can see a close up of the American translight that supposedly shows a better resolution, before I pass judgement.

#36 8 years ago

Not to hijack, but I make my own translites as well. They're awesome!

Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 9.10.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-15 at 9.10.56 PM.png

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm not trying to make you out to be the bad guy, just saying that the product you weren't happy with isn't an anomaly, anyone who sells it will have the same thing.

You weren't happy with it, and I don't blame you. But you seem to be defending the guy who made it and being mad at MOP, and that doesn't make sense.

I bought an ACDC cannon from Pinball Life. I wasn't really happy with it. I don't blame Terry though. I didn't try and return it, it's hacked apart waiting for me to fix it up so I'm happier.

You had a little bit of a rough time getting a refund, but the seller is right here, looks like just some communication hiccups, and you have your money back. I think the disconnect here is that you're kind of smearing someone (BAD SELLER ALERT) and it's not really entirely accurate, and not really fair.

More like BAD TRANSLITE ALERT.

#38 8 years ago

North American or South American

#39 8 years ago

MOP did everything they could to make you happy. You really should change the title of this thread...

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Not to hijack, but I make my own translites as well. They're awesome!
    Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 9.10.56 PM.png

If I ever by some random chance end up with a T2 that's missing it's backglass can I please print this out and use it?

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

MOP did everything they could to make you happy. You really should change the title of this thread...

Have you read the emails? Obviously not. Please do so for those that think they treated me right.

#42 8 years ago

To be fair, it's kind of an ugly design. I would start being upset with that before I'd move on to the pixels.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Have you read the emails? Obviously not. Please do so for those that think they treated me right.

I read all the emails you posted. Yes, I think they are treating you right.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

If I ever by some random chance end up with a T2 that's missing it's backglass can I please print this out and use it?

No, I'm sorry. This is a copyrighted image of my own intricate design.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Yes

Quoted from Atomicboy:

I contact them, he says to mail it back, must have been a mistake by one of his staff, he would never had let this go out like that… Whatever. I had to start a dispute though, as the time was nearly there for being able to go this route. He gets all mad, stating that people do this to get their money back, and keep the item.

Quoted from Brt:

That's not exactly "getting all mad."

Quoted from Atomicboy:

I am on Pinside, as Atomicboy, and am very active in the community.

What exactly does that have to do with your buying a translite, except to be an implied threat to attack him (as you just did here)?

Quoted from Atomicboy:

(a week passes, as I thought my assistant sent this back for me, in their defence)
    MOP:
    Aaron, have you shipped the translite back to us?

So you screw around for a week, he asks about the return, and you still blame him?

Only thing I see them doing wrong is not realizing paypal would charge you for return shipping (and honestly, the translite is good enough you could have covered the return) Frankly, after your attitude, I doubt I'd want to deal with you either.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

To be fair, it's kind of an ugly design. I would start being upset with that before I'd move on to the pixels.

Still better than GOT

#47 8 years ago

I would be semi satisfied if I was you to be honest. You got a refund so you're not out anything and you ordered a T2 replacement skull for your game, which is what $50? And you got refunded for it too and MOP let you keep it as a good gesture. So in the end you're actually ahead a $50 skull

#48 8 years ago

I think MoP is responding just fine. Atomicboy I think you escalated too quickly with starting the dispute process assuming the whole things was going pear shaped. Give the guy a chance to sort it out. I would add the same about posting the 'bad seller alert' thread. Relax, drink a beer or ten and play some pinball.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Still better than GOT

firefly.giffirefly.gif

#50 8 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

I think MoP is responding just fine. Atomicboy I think you escalated too quickly with starting the dispute process assuming the whole things was going pear shaped. Give the guy a chance to sort it out. I would add the same about posting the 'bad seller alert' thread. Relax, drink a beer or ten and play some pinball.

In atomicboys defence, PayPal gives you 45 days to file a dispute and he said it was near the end of that time period so he had to file a dispute. I think giving MOP 45 days to sort it out was enough time, IMO.

There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-seller-alert-%e2%80%93-ministry-of-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.