By Atomicboy

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 232 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

untitled.png
    funny-pictures-angry-grey-cat-sulks.jpg
    sandbox.jpg
    images.jpg
    DisGonBGud.gif
    popgoesthecyborg.gif
    terminator_hawaii.jpg
    escalated-quickly-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    251614.jpg
    Ministry2.jpg
    T2.gif
    firefly.gif
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-15_at_9.10.56_PM.png
    THE-TERMINATOR-BY-MRF-terminator-30881291-1920-1200.jpg
    city_in_fire.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Noooooo................ they agreed to pay for it to be returned, I agreed to this as well, everything amicable, then because paypal didn't offer the type of return they expected from paypal's Canadian arm, where I could print a shipping label that would be charged to MOP (which believe me, would have been the very easy and simple way to go for everyone) I went back to them, and noted this, and told them they would have to find a way to pay for the return shipping another way. They could have sent me payment, paid for this and sent me a DHL company number to send it back to them, whatever they are capable of. They had stated before they would do this and take care of this, and from this point on I never heard from them again.
    How many times do I have to write that I tried and tried to deal with them, and given them the benefit of the doubt here. READ THE EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE. Only after a complete lack of response to two of my emails did I then escalate a dispute I had to start within 45 days of when I first purchased, which was previously sitting dormant allowing the buyer and seller to work this out.
    How again, did I do something wrong there? If he responded to me, found another way to pay for this return, I would have sent it (which was done eventually, but paid through paypal), he would have got, refunded or sent me a good one. Then this would have been over.
    Again, what did I do wrong there? How could I have dealt with that better, read above and tell me please.

I would have expected to pay for the return shipping. When I purchase something I expect to be on the hook for return shipping if I don't like it. The only exception would be if the item arrived broken.

Sometimes I have a problem with something I've purchased at Ace Hardware, but they don't send someone to my home to pick it up.

I never understood the expectation of the seller to pay for return shipping.

#152 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

That's funny.. because from your very own posting of your emails... I see MOP saying 'ok, send it back you can do the free return from paypal'... to which you respond
    "So you will review this when returned and send me a good one? Again, that is all I want, the clear crisp version that everyone else has, nothing more. I would prefer this over a refund for sure."
    You keep glossing over this and this is where things start going bad. You tell a guy his product is shit.. he says ok.. just return it.. and you keep going on about how you really need the FIXED product that you believe exists and MOP is saying 'this is what it is'.

My point was that I wasn't just looking for a refund, I was being clear that if there was an error, as he stated might be the case, I preferred to still purchase a good version from him, I wasn't just saying "forget it, send me my money back". I was trying to work with him so he still kept the money, and I got what I purchased, if that was possible.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Maybe you didn't include all your mails.. but you don't have all that in what you posted here, just one clouded message about not seeing the free option and what are you going to do about it kind of wording. It would have been way easier to just say 'that option doesn't appear to me as a paypal.ca customer, can I pay for shipping and have you pay me back directly?'. Don't need a story saga to say that option isn't being presented.

It was clear in my last two emails to him I could not find that option, and when I contacted paypal, they noted it's not available in Canada. At that point I asked for another option, to which I got nothing again.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Plus, you ignore Bert's post here on the first page again basically offering to try to follow-up and make things better even after the last bad go around.

No I didn't, I wrote stating if he wanted to send me a good one, and it's that, I'll pay, but I'm certainly not going through this again, and I'm SURE as shit not dealing without paypal.

**Without the shield of paypal, I would have never had another response from him.**

Quoted from flynnibus:

Maybe you didn't include all your mails..

All emails are there, I removed his actual name for privacy, that is all.

Quoted from flynnibus:

"I'm on pinside and I'm gonna..."

That is NOT what I wrote. I try to note that always with anyone, as sometimes we have talked here, and can be a very easy ice breaker for parties unknown. You're taking that out of context.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ok, so you were disappointed in a product and had a poor return experience. It happens. It's not the end of the world.

Exactly, and that's all it should have been, but page after page of "so let me get this straight, they paid you back and you are unhappy..." and "you should have known they would blow up a 6 inch image for this..."

Like F people. All this was was me trying to give everyone a heads up that might buy this. I never said, don't order from them again, this isn't a MAD type issue, I laid it out clearly (so I thought...) and was to be a helpful post for anyone, such as me prior to this, to consider before buying this item.

Then I get the lynch mod with 90% of the people not reading virtually anything, and others almost trying to pick my posts apart to find for MOB. Wow.

I've done business with tons of people and companies, and dare you to find any that would say I am a bad customer. I just wanted what I paid for, I didn't get it, I gave them more than enough chances to deal with it, they didn't take it, I used paypal, they reviewed, and decided I was right.

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I would have expected to pay for the return shipping. When I purchase something I expect to be on the hook for return shipping if I don't like it. The only exception would be if the item arrived broken.

Yeah, if it was described, and I decided against it, I would too. If it's not as described, and I took their description and photo into consideration for buying, and this was wrong, that's not something I feel I'm responsible for.

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

All this was was me trying to give everyone a heads up that might buy this. I never said, don't order from them again, this isn't a MAD type issue

Um, your post is titled "bad-seller-alert-–-ministry-of-pinball" If you wanted to just advise about the bad translite, you should have titled "Crappy bootleg translite from MOP - buyer beware"

YOU are the one who turned disappointment over a bootleg translite into a general "bad seller" thread. Change the title and stop trashing those guys already.

#155 3 years ago

Add a poll: "Am I right to consider MOP is a bad seller?"
    You might not like the result.

Friendly advice: call it a day, ask the mods to close that thread, and play you terminator pin.

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Um, your post is titled "bad-seller-alert-–-ministry-of-pinball" If you wanted to just advise about the bad translite, you should have titled "Crappy bootleg translite from MOP - buyer beware"
    YOU are the one who turned disappointment over a bootleg translite into a general "bad seller" thread. Change the title and stop trashing those guys already.

Issues:

1. translite not as described
    2. MOP did not follow up with making this right, and required paypal dispute resolution.

Both were the result of MOP, not me.

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

He got his refund from paypal - not MOP. Thus why he started the thread "bad seller". Thread should probably be changed now in lieu of remedies offered.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Yeah, if it was described, and I decided against it, I would too. If it's not as described, and I took their description and photo into consideration for buying, and this was wrong, that's not something I feel I'm responsible for.

This is the only area where I disagree with you.

#159 3 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Add a poll: "Am I right to consider MOP is a bad seller?"
    You might not like the result.
    Friendly advice: call it a day, ask the mods to close that thread, and play you terminator pin.

On this transaction, paypal already made an informed decision I think.

#160 3 years ago

I feel like if I sell something and the buyer contacts me that he is unhappy with it, and I offer a refund, the buyer should return it and the refund comes after. Once the buyer starts a dispute, I would never refund. It's out of my hands and in dispute. If the buyer would deal with me we would work it out but instead the buyer wants to go through the dispute process so that's what we will do.

Honestly, it is not the job of the seller to bend over backwards losing money to make a buyer happy. It's the job of the seller to sell a product. And yes, a buyer might have to pay return shipping in some cases. It's just how the online world works.

Honestly, the cost of a translite isn't worth a return. I'd have just tossed it and moved on in life. I would think anyone with an assistant would value his time the same.

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

This is the only area where I disagree with you.

Why though? Say you look at a photo for a whatever, a mod of some sort. The paint job in the photo is great, it looks amazing, you have to have it, description reads things like top quality and such, and buy based on this. It comes and it's not at all like the photo or the description. You feel you have to pay to send that back?

What I would do, if I was the seller, is inspect my product before selling. IF I'm stuck with what I purchased and from wherever as a seller, I would note the issues. PBR/CPR/BAA all sell things such as translites/backglasses/playfields that have issues and note these. Some of them will confirm what they are, offer for a fee to review, whatever, but they CLEARLY note this to the customer.

If this would have been presented in this way "here is a T2 translite, as you can see, and as we have best attempted to show you in these photos of the actual product, there is some pixelation" and such, then I would agree, I knew what I was buying, but in this case it was one extreme to another, and I don't agree I should pay anything for that.

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Honestly, it is not the job of the seller to bend over backwards losing money to make a buyer happy..

Just to be clear, PinballBulbs has bent over backwards to keep me happy. Hypocrite (joke)

#163 3 years ago

I’m going to appease the requests to a “bad transaction” name of the thread. That’s it though, because that’s what this was.

I don’t see what the difference would be for anyone viewing this, but whatever.

#164 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Why though? Say you look at a photo for a whatever, a mod of some sort. The paint job in the photo is great, it looks amazing, you have to have it, description reads things like top quality and such, and buy based on this. It comes and it's not at all like the photo or the description. You feel you have to pay to send that back?

Did you read the thread? This info is in the thread.

#165 3 years ago

So on a side note, anyone want to buy a new T2 scull for $50?

...what too soon?

All joking aside, if MOP contacts me about the difference, I will pay it back for this. I honestly have no idea what I paid or what the breakdown was, I just read, point, and click.

#166 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

So on a side note, anyone want to buy a new T2 scull for $50?

Me! Me! Oh wait, nevermind.

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I’m going to appease the requests to a “bad transaction” name of the thread. That’s it though, because that’s what this was.
    I don’t see what the difference would be for anyone viewing this, but whatever.

"I didn't like the Translite I bought From MOP" is the proper title.

Or "Deal with me at your own peril I am an insufferable Buyer" works too.

#168 3 years ago

As others have suggested, I think the "Bad Seller" tag in the original thread title was the root of most negative feedback from Pinsiders on this thread. I understand being unhappy with a buying experience, but personally, I feel that "Bad Seller" claims should be limited to parties like Skit-B, Zidware, MAD Amusements, kevgascan, and Choggard... parties that have clearly ripped fellow Pinsiders off and then gone completely dark when it came to follow-up communication and problem resolution. JMHO and YMMV. Glad you got your money back though.

#169 3 years ago

I'd like a refund for wasting 10 min of my life..

#170 3 years ago

Cheer up! I made this one for you free of charge!

terminator_hawaii.jpg

#171 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

What I would do, if I was the seller, is inspect my product before selling. IF I'm stuck with what I purchased and from wherever as a seller, I would note the issues. PBR/CPR/BAA all sell things such as translites/backglasses/playfields that have issues and note these. Some of them will confirm what they are, offer for a fee to review, whatever, but they CLEARLY note this to the customer.
    If this would have been presented in this way "here is a T2 translite, as you can see, and as we have best attempted to show you in these photos of the actual product, there is some pixelation" and such, then I would agree, I knew what I was buying, but in this case it was one extreme to another, and I don't agree I should pay anything for that.

Yes, I feel I have to pay to send it back.

This purchase was not made through Costco or Walmart. I am guessing this is a small company working hard to have a reasonably successful business.

I believe the expectations of the seller absorbing the return shipping cost to be unreasonable.

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

terminator_hawaii.jpg

Hah! Love it!

#173 3 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

terminator_hawaii.jpg

Too pixelated. You, sir, are a bad seller.

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

terminator_hawaii.jpg

Dude - that's awesome! That might be score card material.

Quoted from Razorbak86:

As others have suggested, I think the "Bad Seller" tag in the original thread title was the root of most negative feedback from Pinsiders on this thread. I understand being unhappy with a buying experience, but personally, I feel that "Bad Seller" claims should be limited to parties like Skit-B, Zidware, MAD Amusements, kevgascan, and Choggard... parties that have clearly ripped fellow Pinsiders off and then gone completely dark when it came to follow-up communication and problem resolution. JMHO and YMMV. Glad you got your money back though.

Yeah, I get it. I was writing seller for "the seller of this transaction" and not intending to be as a whole, which I mentioned many times. Maybe bad sale, bad transaction, what I changed it to.

#175 3 years ago

I love Ministry of Pinball after reading this thread. They're willing to take risks on artists to put out products for a niche crowd, and they're willing to back those risks up with their hard-earned cash from their more solid investments. These guys seem like an invaluable asset and I'm going to make sure I order something from them sometime in the near future.

The irony here is that I don't see anything bad aside from your standards (OP) and especially nothing bad about this transaction.

#176 3 years ago

I bought the BSD alternative translite from MoP earlier this year. I wasn't overly impressed with the quality, although it's not terrible. Decided I prefer the original. So I sold the translite on at a loss and that was the end of it.

I have used MoP before and after buying the translite and have always been happy with the service.

I agree that this thread should be a warning about buying alternative translites, not a slur against MoP.

#177 3 years ago

Bad thread alert - this thread

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Buyer seems like a complete tool.
    there's just no pleasing some people.
    Blaming the "assistant" was a nice touch. Almost as good as "sorry I can't sell it...my wife vetoed it!"

He could have blamed his "Driver"

#179 3 years ago

Atomic is a good buyer, paid in full
    just remember to buy American.
    MOP is a great seller, did the right thing
    full refund, went the extra mile with shipping and free product.
    Mods:
    PLEASE leave this thread open
    we need to keep the drama away from the good threads
    Keep all the drama in one spot

#180 3 years ago

Would someone please say they like turtles or pie or something that has nothing to do with this thread?

Oh maybe I just did!

Atomic is a good byer and MOP is a great cellar!

#181 3 years ago

popgoesthecyborg.gif

#182 3 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Would someone please say they like turtles

Refer to my post on page 3

LTG : )™

#183 3 years ago

let the dead horse flogging cease for the love of pinball.........

#184 3 years ago

Should have put this up earlier.

In the sellers defense, I've bought from him a couple times and the stuff is as advertised. I wouldn't even expect third-party translites to be top-notch material source-wise. I am looking for a TOM translite however, so I hope that will be a good one...

DisGonBGud.gif

#185 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

He could have blamed his "Driver"

Why not just blame it on the rain while we're at it

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

terminator_hawaii.jpg

OMG this is better than the original errr but hang on does it come pixelated?

#187 3 years ago

I've got nearly 20 years of prepress experience... Looks to me like the file that was printed was likely a low-res "proof" PDF. If Ministry of Pinball would like me to preflight these files for them to help explain the situation and clear things up, I'm happy to do so. PM me If you like.

- B

#188 3 years ago

I miss the Dark Knight vs KevinAssCan thread.

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

I was not expecting translite makers to be using the website thumbnail image for the actual product.

FWIW they definitely did not go ahead and print the thumbnail. The photos you provide make that clear at least.

I'm also confident that you didn't get a bad print — the original art is bad. Looking at the highest-res versions of the source art I can find compare exactly to your photos. The burning city background is replicated a thousand times across the internet. The burning city has been printed at it's original resolution. Which is about 8 times smaller than it needs to be to fill an entire translite at 300dpi. And the terminator image is about 5 times smaller than it needs to be. No wonder they look terrible in person.

Given the M.O of these art-thieving alternate translite I highly doubt this creator got a far higher resolution versions of these assets than anyone else on the web has, from the original creator.

If you want to check this stuff, use Google Image Search's 'Search By Image' feature (click the little camera icon in the image search box) then sort by size.

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

terminator_hawaii.jpg

lol, the best part of this translite is the terminator splashing it up in the ocean in the background

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from Star_Gazer:

terminator_hawaii.jpg

I might have to thumbs down. That is the wrong version of the HK ship.

I want something free now!

#192 3 years ago

Sorry about your transaction. Glad it worked out in the end.

I've ordered from MOP, and it was translite no less, but it was original artwork (The Matrix) so it looks great. I had no issues at all and if you're looking for stuff you just can't get anywhere else you can do a LOT worse than MOP!

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

popgoesthecyborg.gif

Now that is funny☺

#194 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Sometimes I have a problem with something I've purchased at Ace Hardware, but they don't send someone to my home to pick it up.
    I never understood the expectation of the seller to pay for return shipping.

I take this view too. At least initially.

Look at it from MOP side they sent out a product that was ordered and the customer was unhappy with it. It wasn't the incorrect product, to them it wasn't defective as it's the same translite they've sold to every other customer in the past, so why would they want to be on the hook for shipping it back if they haven't done anything wrong? Might be annoying but it's not worth a bad seller alert.

And yes when buying non licensed prints that are in large sizes you expect some loss of details, I've bought a few wall posters (something like 3 rows of 8 A4 prints that you hang next to each other) and have some pixelation due to the large size because they are cheap and unlicensed. It happens. Sure it could be better but it's not something you can really complain about.

#195 3 years ago

Did you send the translite back to MOP?

#196 3 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

I think you meant iran

#197 3 years ago

AtomicBoy, If you really think there is a crisp high-res version of that alt translite out there, the best way to "prove" it is just to get someone who has it to post a closeup photo of theirs, being supercrisp and pixelfree.

#198 3 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

#199 3 years ago

Wow first thread i am draining lol. Every page reads about the same what a waste. Sorry to both OP and MOP ugggh.

#200 3 years ago

is this the Jerry Springer forum or Pinside.

To the Op , for the love of pinball give it up already and please don't post again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    £ 58.00
    € 3.70
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 30.40
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 109.99
    $ 229.99
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 12.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    € 18.95
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside