Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by caz1844
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1543886557867 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caz1844.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hey guys. I have a Firepower here that will no longer start a game...the original power supply is in the system and I suspect its bad as I now only get Displays 1,2 and some of 3. All coils test and lights test fine in the diags. I know that power supply is bad as all 4 displays were fine and then they stopped and this happened. My question is , will a bad power supply prevent the game from starting?

#4 5 years ago

It does not go into audit mode it looks like it's ready to.play upon boot...just player 3 is missing a digit and player 4 has no digits....switch test acts weird when I trigger some of the switches on the right side. It register several number switches before it stops. Very strange.

#5 5 years ago
    1543886557867 (resized).jpg1543886557867 (resized).jpg
    #9 5 years ago

Does anyone think it can be the power supply...When the game worked the night before I had all 4 displays.

#12 5 years ago

Also how would I test the switch matrix for the trough and other switches besides the switch test in the diags? When I do activate those in the switch test they register several different numbers went activated.

#14 5 years ago

No , not yet. I will try to reseat the boards

#15 5 years ago

Reseated the 40 pin connector and not change...upon further troubleshooting I noticed the entire row of switches is out the run the trough and roll overs etc. UGH

#16 5 years ago

Ended up being some bad n7406 chips and PIA for the switch matrix, but now I have a locked coil . UGH.
    Bought a rebuilt board.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caz1844.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-power-supply-system-6?tu=caz1844 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.