20210622_081908 (resized).jpg
20200927_095148 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201111_122946 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201111_122928 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201111_122935 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201111_122021 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201111_122012 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201111_122002 (resized).jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

My Bad Girls cabinet was painted black at one point so I decided to try and bring back the pink splotches. I used acrylic craft paint from hobby lobby. I have included a photo of the shade used in case any one needs to do there cabinet. It is not exact but a pretty close match to what I believe the color looked like before it faded. Here is some after shots. I did touch up the paint on the back box and had to resplatter some pink color. I plan on clear coating the cabinet because the shade of black I used to touch up the cabinet does not quite match the shade that someone used. Once clear coated it should all have a shiny appearance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

nice, i have never seen that plain looking speaker grille/cover before, did you make it yourself?

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

nice, i have never seen that plain looking speaker grille/cover before, did you make it yourself?

Its the original one where you can see the gottlieb logo through, I just its just the way the angle makes it look different

7 months later
#53 1 year ago

Joined the club a few weeks ago. Wife wants to redo all of the art. Wish there were repro translites that were bright to compliment all the color on the pf. Anyone buy a repro? Are they worth it? I bought an Atlantis repro which was still pretty muted.

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Joined the club a few weeks ago. Wife wants to redo all of the art. Wish there were repro translites that were bright to compliment all the color on the pf. Anyone buy a repro? Are they worth it? I bought an Atlantis repro which was still pretty muted.

Mayfair still has NOS translites.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Mayfair still has NOS translites.

Not on their website.

#56 1 year ago

To follow up on this, Bad Girls translites are all sold out. Mayfair will not be making them. They are gone, into the void. Mine is super faded- if anyone has an extra they'd be willing to part with, shoot me a message. I might try to get a few translites made if anyone is interested. But for that to happen I'd still need an unfaded original.

#57 1 year ago

can't a faded specimen just be "enhanced" or "embelished" digitaly before going to print? been thinking about this recently because i need two. i thought about taking my semi faded translite to a poster shop and see what they can do with it...

#58 1 year ago

Just saw this club. Joined a couple months ago! Love this game. Becoming one of my favorite 80b games.

Anyone check with PBR on translites? I could use a new one too.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just saw this club. Joined a couple months ago! Love this game. Becoming one of my favorite 80b games.
Anyone check with PBR on translites? I could use a new one too.

PBR does not carry them. Question though- does anyone NOT have a faded one? Talking to a few other owners, they are all shot.

#60 1 year ago

PBR does not carry them. Question though- does anyone NOT have a faded one? Talking to a few other owners, they are all shot.

What does a non faded one look like? Haha. Mine is definitely not yellowed like most of my other 80b translites. It has some sort of over spray on it in parts though.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What does a non faded one look like? Haha. Mine is definitely not yellowed like most of my other 80b translites. It has some sort of over spray on it in parts though.

This is my NOS one.

8A7AE0EA-06B9-4B96-94FA-A0999B9289A6 (resized).jpeg8A7AE0EA-06B9-4B96-94FA-A0999B9289A6 (resized).jpeg
#62 1 year ago

This is my NOS one.[quoted image]

Okay. Mines in great shape then.

#63 1 year ago

This is my NOS one.[quoted image]

Ooh yeah that's much better than mine. "Bad Girls" looks more pink than orange. It's bad. Wonder if one of you guys could get a good scan...

#64 1 year ago

Ooh yeah that's much better than mine. "Bad Girls" looks more pink than orange. It's bad. Wonder if one of you guys could get a good scan...

I scanned my unfaded one a few years ago and put it in the image gallery on the game's page: https://o.pinside.com/4/18/56/41856dfb802b0487bb6ffac63dc06fc5f2d2850f.jpg

Can you work with this for a remake, quality wise?

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from Jappie:

I scanned my unfaded one a few years ago and put it in the image gallery on the game's page: https://o.pinside.com/4/18/56/41856dfb802b0487bb6ffac63dc06fc5f2d2850f.jpg

Hmm, I do see some inconsistencies in it. I'll check if I kept the Photoshop file somewhere. Probably on my old laptop.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Jappie:

Quoted from Jappie:

Hmm, I do see some inconsistencies in it. I'll check if I kept the Photoshop file somewhere. Probably on my old laptop.

this is a good specimen, very clean...how to copy it?

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

this is a good specimen, very clean...how to copy it?

It is nice, but it does have some marks where the various scans were stitched together in Photoshop.

That's why I hope I still have the Photoshop file somewhere, so I can re-stitch the scans. If I do, it's probably on my old laptop somewhere. Which I don't have on-hand.

7 months later
#68 1 year ago

Does someone have a playfield file to print? (or sell one?) My bad girls playfield is completely erased.

5 months later
#69 10 months ago
Quoted from joins:

Does someone have a playfield file to print? (or sell one?) My bad girls playfield is completely erased.

You can visit one of the virtual pinball websites and they will have a digitized version of the PF that you could use. I did exactly that but I only had to make a few decals to cover worn areas. It looks fine from a distance but the resolution will not be as good as the original PF.

3 months later
#70 6 months ago

Hi all! Recently joined the club. any luck on the translite reproduction Jappie ?

Game mostly works and plays, but having a few issues. I'm assuming I'm not supposed to be getting this error?
PXL_20230921_235622485 (resized).jpgPXL_20230921_235622485 (resized).jpg

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go through this machine.

PXL_20230922_160722782.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230922_160722782.MP (resized).jpg

2 months later
#71 3 months ago

Hello Bad Girls owners! My friend asked me to help him with some plastics for the game so I will be releasing a set of plastic protectors after the holidays.

I did make him clear 3/32" acrylic replacements for the yellowed clear plastics for the game. I have them available in my shop here and directly on my website. https://www.upkickpinball.com/store/p231/badgirls-clear.html

IMG_4212 (resized).jpgIMG_4212 (resized).jpg

#72 3 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Hi all! Recently joined the club. any luck on the translite reproduction Jappie ?
Game mostly works and plays, but having a few issues. I'm assuming I'm not supposed to be getting this error?
[quoted image]
I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go through this machine.
[quoted image]

I'm not reproducing the translite. I can try to make a better scan if I have the time, which at this point is kind of a big IF.

#73 3 months ago
Quoted from Jappie:

I'm not reproducing the translite. I can try to make a better scan if I have the time, which at this point is kind of a big IF.

I would be interested in two, please keep us posted.

1 month later
#74 73 days ago

If anyone has time when they have the hood up, could you see if the cue ball socket has a diode attached ? My bulb is visible before game start, but once the game begins that cue ball bulb is MIA. I'm not sure what could cause that. From what I see in the manual there should be a diode on there and mine does have one. If that is correct any ideas ? Thanks pinheads

#75 73 days ago

If anyone is selling i wouldn't mind trying one out in my collection

4 weeks later
#76 45 days ago

Seeking a used Bad Girls playfield! If it's collecting dust in your workshop or doubling as wall decor, I'm interested. Whether it's seen better days or just needs a new home, I'd love to take it off your hands. Happy to discuss donation or a reasonable purchase. Drop a reply or PM!

bad-girls (resized).pngbad-girls (resized).png
#77 45 days ago
Quoted from Belvedere:

If anyone has time when they have the hood up, could you see if the cue ball socket has a diode attached ? My bulb is visible before game start, but once the game begins that cue ball bulb is MIA. I'm not sure what could cause that. From what I see in the manual there should be a diode on there and mine does have one. If that is correct any ideas ? Thanks pinheads

Where is the cue ball light? Haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Calgary, AB
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-girls-club-set-up-your-balls/page/2?hl=pinostalgia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.