Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by woz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

858537BD-CFA8-4399-9E54-2E50BCCB61DB (resized).jpeg
8A656B85-557A-4A54-9488-E5BFD48EB60E (resized).jpeg
0A4E00D9-A01C-4643-97BB-EB3A273C93CF (resized).jpeg
20200227_172319 (resized).jpg
IMG_6619 (resized).JPG
IMG_6613 (resized).JPG
20200224_180351 (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

Thread dedicated for Bad Girls pinball machine. Here's a place to share game play tips, high scores, repair questions or just talk about the hotties on the backglass.

1 week later
#2 4 months ago

No club before now? Shoot.
Well, I'm making replacement windows for a fellow Pinsider. If anyone needs one, the will be in my Pinside store soon. Also will have replacement 2-way mirror plastic as well.

20200224_180351 (resized).jpg
#3 4 months ago

Oooh finally. Love my game, bought it cheap but has no sound. Tried to figure out but thinking just to send in sound board to Clive.

#4 4 months ago

I just completed a full rebuild of mine. I had to improvise slightly for some parts which are no longer available. For example, the pop bumper bodies aren't available from PBR with the silver/chrome finish. I utilized self-adhesive aluminum trim to obtain a nearly identical finish compared to the originals.

IMG_6613 (resized).JPGIMG_6619 (resized).JPG
#5 4 months ago
20200227_172319 (resized).jpg
#6 4 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Well, I'm making replacement windows for a fellow Pinsider. If anyone needs one, the will be in my Pinside store soon. Also will have replacement 2-way mirror plastic as well.[quoted image]

I would definitely be interested in both....and your in Lancaster this can't get much better lol. I am in york so wouldn't have to ship them

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Oooh finally. Love my game, bought it cheap but has no sound. Tried to figure out but thinking just to send in sound board to Clive.

Couple things you can check is first make sure all ground mods are done. Make sure sound board is recieving 5 volts. Should have a red LED on board. Maybe swap the board out for another if you have a spare to make sure it is the board. I also know there is some information on sound issues with system 80 b on clays guides

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

I just completed a full rebuild of mine. I had to improvise slightly for some parts which are no longer available. For example, the pop bumper bodies aren't available from PBR with the silver/chrome finish. I utilized self-adhesive aluminum trim to obtain a nearly identical finish compared to the originals.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great makes a huge difference!

#9 4 months ago

Any ideas where to get replacement mirrors for the cabinet?

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from fatality83:

I would definitely be interested in both....and your in Lancaster this can't get much better lol. I am in york so wouldn't have to ship them

Absolutely! I have a set going to the donor today to verify fitment, so I can get you one early next week if you like.

#11 4 months ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Any ideas where to get replacement mirrors for the cabinet?

Plexiglass mirror is pretty cheap if you get a full sheet of it. I contemplated selling them, but that size becomes a hassle to ship. You may be able to order it precut to size from a place like Canal Plastics. I am not sure how thick they are on Bad Girls, but Canal sells a 24"x48" sheet of 1/16" mirror acrylic for $60 plus shipping. Slice it down using a fine tooth plastic blade on a table saw. Then you can round the corners off by hand.

#12 4 months ago

jodyg did a fantastic job reproducing the playfield window and playfield mirror for Bad Girls, identical to the original. Very fortunate that these parts are now available especially since they’ve been out of circulation for years now. Included some pictures. Thanks again Jody!!

0A4E00D9-A01C-4643-97BB-EB3A273C93CF (resized).jpeg858537BD-CFA8-4399-9E54-2E50BCCB61DB (resized).jpeg8A656B85-557A-4A54-9488-E5BFD48EB60E (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#13 4 months ago

Hello, I bought a Bad Girls at an auction and the rent a-bums they had literally ripped the left front leg off and bent the right front leg while transporting it.
So it went into storage over ten years ago because I'm not a pinball guy and I was tired of getting the stinky end of the shaft from the local hacks.
I've recently started getting my other machines working. I've kept this one for last because of the amount of work it needs and I needed a couple working machines under my belt to boost my confidence before tackling this task.
I found out what battery leakage was. I started looking on the web for info. I removed the battery, replaced a couple of the larger caps, replaced a couple coils, a blown F-10 fuse, new cord and freed up the drop targets. Crossed my fingers and powered it up.
It came to life and seems to function as it's suppose to except alot of burnt bulbs. Now that's it's working I've been inspired to work on the cabinet. I fabricated some brackets for all the front inside corners, modified some new bally leg mounts to fit, broke out the wood clamps and a bottle of gorilla glue. The clamps came off today and I started working with the plastic wood. I'll try to upload some pics when I'm done sanding airbrushing and putting the mirrors back on. Then it's onto cleaning up the play field, LED's, rubbers and fabricating a bracket to hold color changing LED's for the back box instead of that florescent fixture.
I need a little help finding out what kind of battery and holder I need to put back on the board. Also there are little rubber stoppers on the top of the post instead of acorn nuts. Is this normal?
thanks
Committed to this machine or Should be committed

#14 4 months ago

Someone needs to make a custom instruction card for this game. I may try to learn how but hoping someone with photoshop skill can pull it off

2 months later
#15 44 days ago

Seems like most suppliers are out of stock but does anyone know where to get a new sound board for bad girls?

#16 44 days ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Well, I'm making replacement windows for a fellow Pinsider. If anyone needs one, the will be in my Pinside store soon. Also will have replacement 2-way mirror plastic as well.[quoted image]

jodyg Those are beautiful. I applaud you for putting all this work into remaking a part for one of the least desirable titles (unfairly so) of the era.

I love how Bad Girls is so unmistakably and blatantly 80's, more so than any other pin. I made this gameplay video of mine about a year ago. Including cool 80's style intro and some interesting facts about the game. Enjoy!

1 week later
#17 37 days ago

Top right flipper stopped moving on my friends Bad Girls. Only the top right.
Anything I should be looking for to get this flipping right again?

#18 37 days ago
Quoted from vassq:

Top right flipper stopped moving on my friends Bad Girls. Only the top right.
Anything I should be looking for to get this flipping right again?

Check the flipper EOS switch and cabinet flipper switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 299.00
€ 8.40
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Ramp-O-Matic
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9,099.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 12.50
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 19.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 55.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside