2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gjm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I had bought a NOS playfield for Gottlieb's Solitaire from an eBay seller "ballyop" in Italy; there was a long stated time frame for shipping, but OK. So I keep in touch with the seller, and it's delay after delay. I know from past experience that one cannot complain to eBay until after the expected arrival date has past, at which point I eMail eBay executives about this case (there didn't seem to be a way to file a complaint; only a way to send a message to the seller). So the seller apologizes and gives me a UPS tracking number, but it turned out to be canceled, so eBay gave me a full refund. Evidently, there was some other buyer who had left a bad rating on the seller's account (i.e., that was added after I had made my purchase) for not shipping an item.

The great thing is that I had thought I wanted the playfield, but after cleaning the one I have now "Diamond Jack", which is the same playfield, I realize the imperfections are not much at all, and I'd rather not put in the time to install the playfield. Hopefully the reproduction Count-Down playfields will be getting done soon, so I could steer the cash for that.

#2 2 years ago

I bought a play field from ballyop last year, no problems, took about 3 weeks to show up, could have been packed better but no damage, no issues. Have a friend who bought 2 from him and didn't have an issue.
    Just my 2¢.
    B

#3 2 years ago

Hmm ... perhaps ballyop was too busy to attend to his business - or perhaps he was planning to go out of business "in style". Still, sending me a canceled tracking number is fraudulent.

#4 2 years ago

Yeah, I'd be pissed if I were you, just wanted to let you know this guy didn't scam me, so hopefully he'll make everything right, best of luck.
    B

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from swampwiz:

Hopefully the reproduction Count-Down playfields will be getting done soon, so I could steer the cash for that.

Is Wade making the Count Down playfields that you mentioned above?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-ebay-seller-ballyop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.