Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Milltown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Hello all been having a real bad deal with this company.
    07/12/2019 ordered lord of the rings power blades.
    07/12/2019 they received payment for blades 277.00
    07/16/2019 emailed and pm them through pinside and through their web site on status of order and finally called.
    07/17/2019 They accepted order after call on pinside
    07/23/2019 Called left message. 9.40 am
    07/23/2019 Joe returns call 4.05 pm says He will get in the mail today and throw in a few trinkets.
    07/29/2019 Call left message
    07/29/2019 Returns call and cannot find my order I give him the pinside order number. He say he found it and will go out today and knock fifty bucks off
    for the delay.
    08/02/2019 Called again and left a message no return call as of yet.

I still do not have my blades and he has not credited my account. I know it is only 300.00 dollars but that is my 300. dollars with no product. My next step is to report them to the police dept and file theft charges. I hope nobody else has to go through this with them. BUYER BEWARE. I hope their is something that this form can do to help me get my product and or my money back.

#2 4 years ago

Hey Ray
    Yes we missed your order. The pinside orders come through another system. Please forgive me.
    It is also summer time and we are a little short handed at the moment.

If you check your e-mail you will see I sent you a tracking number and I also included some extras.
    I also took off $50.00 as I stated.

I think I went well beyond what any other company would have done.. Most would have just gave you a refund and be done with it honestly.

While I understand your frustration,..I am also very surprised by this even after the nice conversation we had on the phone. And the next time you feel someone wronged you all you need to do is get in touch with Paypal and file a claim.

For the record. I have been selling mods for over on RGP and Pinside for over 12 years and I can assure you I never ripped anyone off. Ever.

Enjoy your evening.
    Joe

#3 4 years ago

Placed a BIG order with PinGraffix just a few days ago. Not worried at all and know I’ll get some sweet Pinblades soon! They are good people

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from elkjunkie:

My next step is to report them to the police dept and file theft charges.

Really?...... That is the NEXT step to solve your online pinball mod order that hadn't even been a month and you had communication with him less than a week before that. I'm sure the Rock Springs police will get right on that

#5 4 years ago

IM CALLING THE POLICE! Love that shit lol

#6 4 years ago

Not sure what went wrong here but Joe is super solid, an asset to this community and a heck of a nice guy!.. I have bought from him in the past and will in the future.

#7 4 years ago

Joe is currently helping me out with an inverter issue on my SWLE side rails. I think it’s great that guys like him are around to provide some awesome mods for our pins. Be patient. This isn’t Amazon

#8 4 years ago

I can vouch for Joe as well and this seems like an honest mistake that he’s going out of his way to make it right.

#9 4 years ago

It's just pinball. Its not like it's the transmission in your car and you're driving a rental. Yeah it was a long time to wait for your toys but $50 off is awesome.

#10 4 years ago

I have ordered from him and I will say that sometimes things do take longer than they should despite his saying that it will ship right out. He made it right by refunding the entire price for the pin blades, even though they eventually showed up after after being lost in the mail system. He said to keep them no charge. I sent him some money after all was said and done.

#11 4 years ago

I think Joe is a great guy also, it is very frustrating when some tells they are going to do something and it does not get done. We will get through this. I trust that Joe will follow through with his promises and all will be good. I understand being short handed but do not tell us it is going out today and not get shipped. If we run into a problem car break down or just didn't make it to the post office a friendly phone call or email would go a long ways. I see that he has done most of what he promised. I will remove this thread as soon as all is completed. Ray

#12 4 years ago

Uh... Joe and PinGraffix are awesome people, and fully supportive of the community, AND bend over backwards to come up with new ideas and support their buyers. But you go ahead and “report them to the police” - can’t wait to hear what the reaction is.

Oh yeah and I see Joe responded to your post IMMEDIATELY so that should definitely help your case

#13 4 years ago

Man it seems like Joe is trying to make things right. I’d give just a little more time, I remember ordering a band’s patch for my jean jacket as a kid and waiting 4-6 weeks

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from WeLoveScott:

Man it seems like Joe is trying to make things right. I’d give just a little more time, I remember ordering a band’s patch for my jean jacket as a kid and waiting 4-6 weeks

Everyone expects Amazon service shipping now. It's unfortunate for the little guy but reality.

#15 4 years ago

You all can dog pile on me next I suppose but here goes...

If you are in business you should behave like it's a business. Yes pinball is a hobby, but a business isn't a hobby. If you run a business, don't act surprised after three weeks of broken promises something like this post happens. The OP isn't out of line expecting clear communication and actual follow through on promises made, especially after payment was made. I'm sure Joe is a great guy, and mistakes can happen, but losing an order twice in three weeks... maybe Joe got a little lax or lazy? That's bad business. I think even Joe would agree this isn't good on his part...

The OP is a bit overboard with the going to the police over a late internet order, given it was made through Paypal and there are avenues within paypal to make things right especially for buyers...

Given all that I just don't think the OP deserves the dogpile. He paid money for a product three weeks ago, and after several attempts to have an update or check on the order, the order still wasn't shipped.

Personally I would have waited, given Joe's stature and reputation in the community, but again, even with that, the OP isn't totally out of line here.

Flame away.

#16 4 years ago

I would not flame you. And also wouldnt dogpile the OP. Just wanted to give a perspective that situations are tough to navigate sometimes. More patience in some, less in others. OP can do whatever he feels. I’d be happy with $50 off and let this one simmer a bit longer. Good luck everyone!

#17 4 years ago

I did place a order with pin graphics.....it took 4-5 weeks to show up....i called he never called back ...he finally sent a email saying there on the way..... I finally got them.... I don't think I would do business with Joe again.....

#18 4 years ago

They were good to me with my order - I'm happy to keep being a customer for the foreseeable future

#19 4 years ago

Joe is a great guy and is going above and beyond here in this situation. I trust Joe 100% and he would be the last guy to ever rip someone off.

Pete

#20 4 years ago

Joe is as solid as they come - he missed it, called you back (wasn't ducking you), apologized, and ate $ 50 he didn't have to... THEN you post on Pinside ? For Christ's sake... At least change the title of your post now that this is resolved, only fair. I can tell you one stupid post like this that is not necessary and meant to hurt and can have a negative affect on a business - I've been there and it sucks. Joe's a good guy and I'd suspect this thread will grow to be 10 pages of people saying the same thing. He messed up, he's human, he made up for it without being asked cause he's a nice guy and he cares - now how about YOU be a nice guy and change the title of your post to reflect the resolution. For the small margins people in business in the hobby make to create great products like Joe does and then have to put up with this sort of nonsense it's a wonder anyone bothers...

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Joe is as solid as they come - he missed it, called you back (wasn't ducking you), apologized, and ate $ 50 he didn't have to... THEN you post on Pinside ? For Christ's sake... At least change the title of your post now that this is resolved, only fair. I can tell you one stupid post like this that is not necessary and mean to hurt can have a negative affect on a business - I've been there and it sucks. Joe's a good guy and I'd suspect this thread will grow to be 10 pages of people saying the same thing. He messed up, he's human, he made up for it without being asked cause he's a nice guy and he cares - now how about YOU be a nice guy and change the title of your post to reflect the resolution. For the small margins people in business in the hobby make to create great products like Joe does and then have to put up with this sort of nonsense it's a wonder anyone bothers...

Word

#22 4 years ago

Joe is a great guy. If you see him at his table at a show. Be sure and say hi.

LTG : )

#23 4 years ago

they are a little slow sometimes, employees go on vacation, summer activities etc. I just got my order after 3 weeks of ordering, but the wait was worth it in the long run.

#24 4 years ago

Bought a Dead pool Prem from Joe. Smooth transaction. Super nice guy. Would gladly deal with him again. And his blades are sick.

#25 4 years ago

I can understand when something doesn't arrive in a timely fashion. This looks like a shake hands and back to the usual for sure, no need to needle the OP.
    I had a chromer who shall remain nameless take a year, a year, thats right a whole year, to get my order back. He was good enough to contact me every 3 months or something and say he was behind , etc. Hey shit happens and I had broken my leg of all things during this time and would't be installing any parts anyway. Got my parts, installed them and now I have a beautiful KING OF DIAMONDS that I can't get working correctly anyway. Really, shit happens.
    Like I said, sometimes shit happens even tho no one wanted it too.
    You know , like watching the RAYS.
    "

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

IM CALLING THE POLICE! Love that shit lol

This sounds like my X wife... never knew she was into pinball. Lol

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from EdHess:

This sounds like my X wife... never knew she was into pinball. Lol

Haha mine too

#28 4 years ago

I'm not sure what the issue is exactly. It took a bit longer due to heavy order backlogs (which it sounds like it was made very clear), he gave a partial refund and extra goodies as well!

Chill out!

#29 4 years ago

Yikes.....Not a great first post, O.P.

Welcome to Pinside, I guess.

#30 4 years ago

Joe and the Pingraffix crew are outstanding people hands down!

#31 4 years ago

Add a poll . . . based upon comments on this thread:

1) I will never do business with Pingraffix
    2) I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Pingraffix

My guess is that #2 will get all but 1 vote.

We all have bad experiences, and good people drop the ball at times. Personally, I know it is frustrating while going through it, but in the end what is important to me (and most I presume) is did the other party acknowledge their mistake, and did they make things right.

#32 4 years ago

Joe is the best. Trust him like a brother. I have 40+ machines and his products are in most of them!!!!

#33 4 years ago

Good company with great products.

#34 4 years ago

Interesting the thread title hasn't changed even though this appears to have blown over. Not a good look OP

#35 4 years ago

We completely understand your frustration, and It can seem very unacceptable to place an order and not get it instantly, but what no-one understands is that Joe and I are a two-man shop.

And when I'm not available because I have a 6 year old home during the summer...Joe designs, prints, cuts, laminates has to send out the orders... Make sure that our distributor gets us our mirror blades, our powerblades... then he has to put them together, then package them... send them out, read through tons of emails. It's a very time consuming process....everyone is used to Amazon where you're getting it within one business day.

I wish we could be quicker but sometimes it just isn't possible. Sometimes we mess up but, we go above and beyond when we do because we appreciate our customers whole-heartedly. Joe is truly a stand-up guy and he loves the pinball community, and would never want to take advantage of anyone. I am sorry if you feel that way.

If you or anyone else would like to talk about any issues you have/had or just to say hi you can always email me at [email protected].

Keep Flippin'

Gina

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Interesting the thread title hasn't changed even though this appears to have blown over. Not a good look OP

Agree, OP said he would delete thread when products received....That Happen?...

#37 4 years ago

Joe is one of the best in the hobby. You should probably change the title of the thread.

#38 4 years ago

pinball people.....

Call the cops. At least I got a chuckle out of it.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Call the cops. At least I got a chuckle out of it.

I would love to hear that conversation.

(OP) Hello cops? I'd like to report that I got ripped off for $300 in pinball mods.

(Cops) $300 in what?

(OP) Pinball mods! Mods for my new pinball machine.

(Cops) Pinball machines, they still make those?

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

OP said he would delete thread when products received

OP can't delete it. Only mods or Robin.

Quoted from woody76:

You should probably change the title of the thread.

You can change the title. But the URL remains the same with bad-deals-pingraffix.

The internet is written in ink, not pencil.

LTG : )

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

I would love to hear that conversation.
    (OP) Hello cops? I'd like to report that I got ripped off for $300 in pinball mods.
    (Cops) $300 in what?
    (OP) Pinball mods! Mods for my new pinball machine.
    (Cops) Pinball machines, they still make those?

LOL

#42 4 years ago

Got an email that my order of 6 Pinblades shipped today. Can’t wait!

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from elkjunkie:

Hello all been having a real bad deal with this company.
    07/12/2019 ordered lord of the rings power blades.
    07/12/2019 they received payment for blades 277.00
    07/16/2019 emailed and pm them through pinside and through their web site on status of order and finally called.
    07/17/2019 They accepted order after call on pinside
    07/23/2019 Called left message. 9.40 am
    07/23/2019 Joe returns call 4.05 pm says He will get in the mail today and throw in a few trinkets.
    07/29/2019 Call left message
    07/29/2019 Returns call and cannot find my order I give him the pinside order number. He say he found it and will go out today and knock fifty bucks off
    for the delay.
    08/02/2019 Called again and left a message no return call as of yet.
    I still do not have my blades and he has not credited my account. I know it is only 300.00 dollars but that is my 300. dollars with no product. My next step is to report them to the police dept and file theft charges. I hope nobody else has to go through this with them. BUYER BEWARE. I hope their is something that this form can do to help me get my product and or my money back.

I had a similar experience a couple years ago buying art blades for my Whitewater. Took about a month. Lots of excuses. I was told to expect a small refund for the inconvenience, but it never came. Oh well. I eventually got my item, so not the biggest deal. I'm sure you'll get yours.

#44 4 years ago

OP: Hello police department?
    Police: Yes, this is the police department, How can I help you?
    OP: Well I know you have to deal sometimes with mass shootings and stuff like that but I have this pinball machine
    Police: You mean the Toy?
    OP: well yes the toy.......
    Police: Was it stolen? I am sure those must cost several hundred dollars
    OP: Well actually they cost $6 to $8 grand
    Police: Wow, I had no idea - where was it stolen from?
    OP: Well it wasn't stolen, I was actually buying $300 worth of stuff to make my toy look better but I waited several weeks and they didn't show up. I am sure they will show up eventually but I am really pissed as these light up on the sides of the game and now every time I play it it just gets me so mad as I know what how cool it could of been with this extra stuff.
    Police: Have a good day

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinupgirl1975:

We completely understand your frustration, and It can seem very unacceptable to place an order and not get it instantly, but what no-one understands is that Joe and I are a two-man shop.
    And when I'm not available because I have a 6 year old home during the summer...Joe designs, prints, cuts, laminates has to send out the orders... Make sure that our distributor gets us our mirror blades, our powerblades... then he has to put them together, then package them... send them out, read through tons of emails. It's a very time consuming process....everyone is used to Amazon where you're getting it within one business day.
    I wish we could be quicker but sometimes it just isn't possible. Sometimes we mess up but, we go above and beyond when we do because we appreciate our customers whole-heartedly. Joe is truly a stand-up guy and he loves the pinball community, and would never want to take advantage of anyone. I am sorry if you feel that way.
    If you or anyone else would like to talk about any issues you have/had or just to say hi you can always email me at [email protected].
    Keep Flippin'
    Gina

You guys must be doing something right. You can’t buy this amount of community support.

#46 4 years ago

This is the kind of reaction you would get from the cops.

#47 4 years ago

Bought some items in the past and have had no issues, also got to meet Joe at TPF and he let us get up close and personal with Magic Girl.

#48 4 years ago

Joe and Gina are both genuine pinball people. Pingraffix makes countless unique mods and adds immensely to the hobby. I would think that a delay like this should be excused given the amount of positivity and awesome products that exist because of them.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from marksf123:

OP: Hello police department?
    Police: Yes, this is the police department, How can I help you?
    OP: Well I know you have to deal sometimes with mass shootings and stuff like that but I have this pinball machine
    Police: You mean the Toy?
    OP: well yes the toy.......
    Police: Was it stolen? I am sure those must cost several hundred dollars
    OP: Well actually they cost $6 to $8 grand
    Police: Wow, I had no idea - where was it stolen from?
    OP: Well it wasn't stolen, I was actually buying $300 worth of stuff to make my toy look better but I waited several weeks and they didn't show up. I am sure they will show up eventually but I am really pissed as these light up on the sides of the game and now every time I play it it just gets me so mad as I know what how cool it could of been with this extra stuff.
    Police: Have a good day

Calling Better Business Bureau would have made more sense than calling police, just saying...

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from elkjunkie:

I still do not have my blades and he has not credited my account.

they probably just shipped them to Wyoming the country.....not many people realize we live in a state.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-deals-pingraffix-?hl=gunsnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.