(Topic ID: 108503)

Deal gone Sour, Didn't Get My Met Mod. Update:Contacted.

By halpain24

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Edit: The guy responded this morning. Apparently he has been away. He offered to refund the money, and all is well. Thought I would update to save his Rep. Glad to hear from him.

So, I hate doing this, but two weeks ago I ordered the Metallica eye sticker from IAMDARRAS. I paid in full for the item and shipping with pay pal. I have the receipt, but have not received the item, tracking info (if there even would be any), or a response. I have politely messaged him through his site twice, and on here twice, requesting at the least a response acknowledging he knows about it but have received nothing, even though his status has shown logged on since that time. I really don't want to cause anything besides my item arriving. If anyone has any info on the guy or can help get me some sort of response it will greatly be appreciated. Otherwise tomorrow I am filing a claim on pay pal to refund my money. I do not want to do that, and if my item arrives and/or he contacts me I will update this post immediately, as I do not want to hurt his reputation. That is not my intention. Any help is appreciated.

#2 9 years ago

Hope this gets resolved properly, hopefully just a misunderstanding of some sort. Would hate to think a local Oregon guy ripped someone off.
(Other than Marty anyway)
Good luck bump

#3 9 years ago

I don't want to get ripped off, but more than that I just really want the sticker. Tired of looking at that solid white coffin.

#4 9 years ago

I have ordered the same from him - most of the folks on here make mods in their spare time as a hobby. I really wouldn't be worried after two weeks... I can't imagine he won't contact you. The eye sticker comes via regular snail mail too. Just my 2 cents - I would order from him again. No worries...

#5 9 years ago

I felt the same way about two weeks not being awfully long, just the fact of no contact including Pinside messages, which he has been on multiple times since.

#6 9 years ago

I have orders from weeks ago I haven't made yet for the Metallica sneeze guard replacement with a wireform.With a full time job and newborn I just haven't gotten around to it so I can relate as a mod builder. I'd give mezelmods some more time. He seems to have a solid reputation here. Sometimes life gets in the way!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I'd give mezelmods some more time.

This was from IAMDARRAS, not Mezelmods. Actually ordered from them the same day and stuff came here pronto.

Also, of the stickers on his site 2 showed in stock and 1 showed not. I made sure to order one that showed in stock. I guess that doesn't mean it was true 100% but either way as stated before, some sort of response would and could rectify the whole situation.

#8 9 years ago

I would give Iamdarras even more time since he is way more homebrew than mezel. Like was said before a lot of modders are guys just like you that do that wind up doing this as a labor of love and not as a business. I've spent countless hours making my mod and maybe have 100 bucks in the bank to show for it. But then again I don't have a website and don't take money until the item is ready to ship. If you don't feel comfortable ask PayPal for the refund. Otherwise just try and be patient. Good luck!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I would give Iamdarras even more time since he is way more homebrew than mezel.

+1 on that. Never heard a bad word on him.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

The guy responded this morning. Apparently he has been away. He offered to refund the money, and all is well.

Didn't see the update at the top. Good news!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

7,600 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.95
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-deal-warning-or-help-requested-met-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.