IMG_2809-880.JPG
IMG_2818.JPG
IMG_2806.JPG
IMG_6663.JPG
IMG_6662.JPG
IMG_6667.JPG
IMG_6668.JPG
IMG_6665.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#97 9 years ago

That comparison photo is amazing on several levels. So much of the argument is over subjective semantics: "decal v. sticker"; "gloss v. matte"; "white v. off-white v. clear"; etc. I personally attribute this to the pool of potential uses and expectations... and better communication from both parties could have avoided that.

But the Classic Arcades one has a HORRIBLE flaw in the "flipper button" lettering: poor kerning, bad arc, misalignment... Also compare the "For Amusement Only", the coloring of the Stern logos, and the quality of the concentric arcs below them. Astounding.

I'm not well enough versed in arcane pin knowledge to know if any such flaws were "typical of the era" and/or original, but one looks horrible. All else being equal - if they were printed in the same colors on the same medium - I would definitely choose the Pinball Rescue version.

Of course, that's owed to the luxury of choice. As others have stated, if the CA version was all that's out there...? Some titles probably only have one repro vendor, and beggars can't be choosers.

But damn: I'd at least expect someone reproducing artwork to get it right before offering it for sale!

(That said, I know reproducing art is not always easy... which is why I hate selling my own stuff without heavy disclaimers and admissions that I ain't perfect...)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
$ 169.00
Boards
Troxel Repair

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-deal-from-e-bay-seller-classicarcades?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.