IMG_2809-880.JPG
IMG_2818.JPG
IMG_2806.JPG
IMG_6663.JPG
IMG_6662.JPG
IMG_6667.JPG
IMG_6668.JPG
IMG_6665.JPG
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from oldschoolbob:

The dark blue matches the play-field.

But not the orginial design of the of the apron. It does look great though.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

But the Classic Arcades one has a HORRIBLE flaw in the "flipper button" lettering: poor kerning, bad arc, misalignment... Also compare the "For Amusement Only", the coloring of the Stern logos, and the quality of the concentric arcs below them. Astounding.

I got a Paragon apron decal from them that had all of the same problems. It wasn't even close. Never again.

#103 9 years ago

I agree with much of what has been posted. However, I would have sent it back on my next trip to the post office for the $6.00.

#104 9 years ago

He recently printed me a williams king pin plexiglass, i am very happy with it. He answered my questions in a timely manner and sent it out immediately. My first and only experience with him. I do not think it is crap quality by any means. I mean, i wish there were a silk screened glass option available, but otherwise, the product is exactly what i expected.

image-766.jpgimage-766.jpg
#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I agree with much of what has been posted. However, I would have sent it back on my next trip to the post office for the $6.00.

So he could resell it? I would have burned it and posted the video

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Buying from this company is literally like playing Russian Roulette.

That pretty much sums it up. I always did ok with him on decals and such but he sold me a load of "fully tested working" Bally lamp and solenoid boards that were about 50/50, and a custom-made "Bally lamp matrix tester" that was absolutely worthless.

Life is too short haven't bought anything there in a decade.

4 months later
#107 8 years ago

BEWARE THIS CROOK !jeff only sale trash ! example of material send it to a friend in buenos aires He says that the difference preasure in the hold of the aircraft caused the hole to run and drawing shrink stay away from this guy ! they rip a lot of person via ebay !

space 2.jpgspace 2.jpg
space.jpgspace.jpg

#108 8 years ago

a lot of people was riped by jeff

classic rip.jpgclassic rip.jpg
#109 8 years ago

Too bad PPS is in bed with Classic Arcades. PPS shut down Pinball Rescue on making WMS and Bally artwork. They are clearly superior to Classic Arcades's stuff.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/pinball$20rescue/rec.games.pinball/00sHCvgfUPM/2eYeDw2vKfMJ

#110 8 years ago

Good to see this guy is still talking about this...

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Too bad PPS is in bed with Classic Arcades

PPS is not in bed with anyone. If you want to sell "licensed" products you need to buy the hologram stickers from PPS. Minimum order of 20 at $15 each and you can turn out a crappy product. He does not care about the quality or accuracy. He just wants his $15 per product.

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

PPS shut down Pinball Rescue on making WMS and Bally artwork.

At the same time PPS claimed they were working with several other other venders ramping up production for parts for older Williams and Bally EM games. So far none of it has shown up on their website....

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

PPS is not in bed with anyone.

Don't kid yourself. Why would PPS send me a PRIVATE email then send a copy to Classic Arcades.

Rick and Jeff are in it together - Rick sent me a private e-mail then copied Jeff. I will not deal with either of them.

#114 8 years ago

3 pages of this from a $20 sticker that u were pissed about return postage.........
Move On.

#115 8 years ago

I started this topic 5 months ago to inform others about the crappy sticker I got from Classic Arcade. I answered a few comments then dropped it.

One month (and 29 comments) later someone else brought it back up - not me. I then said that the problem was resolved (as far as I was concerned) with a new decal from Pinball Rescue.

Four months (and 16 comments) later someone else brings it up again. I can't help it if Classic Arcades keeps screwing people over and they post it here.

Jjsmooth, I suggest you read and understand all of the comments before you accuse me of not moving on.

Bob

#116 8 years ago

I bought several items from Classic Arcades. It's about a 50/50 shot. Half were way to small, half fit. It's a shame they don't push for perfection. I think they could do really nice work if they went the extra step.

#117 8 years ago

I hate ebays returns policy, I once had a seller in england ship me the wrong item. Totally different item to what I was buying, not even open to debate that they had messed up. Paypal and ebay's disputes had them agree to refund me only if I paid the shipping back to england which was substantial.

#118 8 years ago

I started this topic 5 months ago to inform others about the crappy sticker I got from Classic Arcade. I answered a few comments then dropped it.
One month (and 29 comments) later someone else brought it back up - not me. I then said that the problem was resolved (as far as I was concerned) with a new decal from Pinball Rescue.
Four months (and 16 comments) later someone else brings it up again. I can't help it if Classic Arcades keeps screwing people over and they post it here.
Jjsmooth, I suggest you read and understand all of the comments before you accuse me of not moving on.
Bob

Haha. Love how people rip you when they don't even take the freaking time to look at the dates and who's rehashing it. Face. Palm.

#119 8 years ago

I started this topic 5 months ago to inform others about the crappy sticker I got from Classic Arcade.

It's been way longer than that since I purchased one of his sanctum decals for Shadow. The machine is long gone, but the memory remains...

8 months later
#120 8 years ago

I bought an expensive decal and the colors were very, very badly off. Wish I would have taken the time to look for this thread beforehand.

All he would say is other people didn't complain, and he kept changing the subject to my installation methods, etc.

He would not address the pic I sent him about how badly the colors were off.

2 weeks later
#121 8 years ago

I recently picked up a project Firepower and have been shopping for a stencil kit. I'm going to restore it myself. I found one on EBay and just before I clicked the buy button the picture of the classic arcade guy reminded me of something. I seemed to remember reading a thread about this seller. Glad I remembered this thread, took me a while to find it again but thanks to the op on this one....I think I just "dodged a bullet"
I'm going to learn from others and take the advice to buy from Pinballpimp. Why try a shady seller over a $10 difference?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

I'm going to learn from others and take the advice to buy from Pinballpimp

You will love the stencils from Pinballpimp. He cuts them to order, they have the correct recognition marks, and are near perfect reproductions of the original art.

#123 8 years ago

I'm glad I saved another buyer from being taken by this guy. Just 10.00 more - I'm sure you'll be much happier.
Good luck on your project.

Bob

#124 8 years ago

Wow.... just bumped into this thread..... guess I'm not the only one whos got screwed by this piece of shit....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 10.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 3.00
Cabinet Parts
20eyes

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-deal-from-e-bay-seller-classicarcades/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.