Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Leeb18509
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2016-09-09 21.53.59 (resized).jpg

#1 7 years ago

What started out as a good day just took a turn. I stopped at my parents house to tell them some good news, that i finally got a closing date on a house that im buying for my father-in-law for this tuesday. So we are talking about it and the excitement, because in reality, not many people buy a house for there in-laws to live in. Then my father ask me if I had made a run to get machines today, I said no and asked him why. He then tells me he stopped by my warehouse and that my trailer wasnt there, so he just assumed i was on the road.

So i leave his house and go to my warehouse, Yep, one of my trailers is no longer there. I have two trailers, one is an enclosed and one is an open. The enclosed happens to be at my house loaded, but my open trailer is now in new hands, lol. It really sucks, beacuse I deal in video games to and there are many games that are to tall for an enclosed trailer, or to heavy where they are easier to load with forklift. But the worst part is, that i was needing it to move larger things from the fater-in-laws old house to the new one tuesday.

Im a believer in Karma, so lets see how it turns out, but I dont like Karma like this where i have a great day and then something like this happens to bring me down, sure took the wind out of my sails today

#2 7 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear. Concentrate on the good things happening in your life

#3 7 years ago

I have had an absolutely horrible week as well, Troy. Mine started out with a debit card getting stolen and someone spending a whole lot of my money, and spending the week chasing down banks etc trying to get things straightened out and has wrapped up with another financial crisis that of course happened when I don't have direct access to funds

I'm not going to say things couldn't get worse, because I know they could from personal experience!

I, too, believe in Karma, and I'm sure the stealer of your trailer will answer for their crimes, just like I hope the person who made a copy of my debit card. Crime doesn't pay.

On the bright side, we both woke up this morning, and hopefully will be able to say the same tomorrow morning

#4 7 years ago

Sorry to hear about your debit card issue John, I would never own a
    a debit card b/c of it's limited layers of protection vs a credit card.

Just my 2cents!!

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from ILovePinball:

Sorry to hear about your debit card issue John, I would never own a
    a debit card b/c of it's limited layers of protection vs a credit card.
    Just my 2cents!!

Debit card has the exact same protection through Mastercard and Visa as a credit card does. Bank proved it this week. It was just a pain in the *ss!

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

What started out as a good day just took a turn. I stopped at my parents house to tell them some good news, that i finally got a closing date on a house that im buying for my father-in-law for this tuesday. So we are talking about it and the excitement, because in reality, not many people buy a house for there in-laws to live in. Then my father ask me if I had made a run to get machines today, I said no and asked him why. He then tells me he stopped by my warehouse and that my trailer wasnt there, so he just assumed i was on the road.
    So i leave his house and go to my warehouse, Yep, one of my trailers is no longer there. I have two trailers, one is an enclosed and one is an open. The enclosed happens to be at my house loaded, but my open trailer is now in new hands, lol. It really sucks, beacuse I deal in video games to and there are many games that are to tall for an enclosed trailer, or to heavy where they are easier to load with forklift. But the worst part is, that i was needing it to move larger things from the fater-in-laws old house to the new one tuesday.
    Im a believer in Karma, so lets see how it turns out, but I dont like Karma like this where i have a great day and then something like this happens to bring me down, sure took the wind out of my sails today

File a police report asap. And check the local pawn shops and junk yards.

Did the trailer have a small license plate on it? Some states require that, do it might be possible to track it that way.

#7 7 years ago

Can't stand thieves...hope you recover your trailer before Tuesday. Scum I tell you. Awesome though what you were able to do for your in-laws...you are truly a great guy in my eyes.

Sorry for you CC stolen crap too Johnwartjr. This stuff is just plain wrong and I can't understand the thought process behind this behavior.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I can't understand the thought process behind this behavior.

2016-09-09 21.53.59 (resized).jpg2016-09-09 21.53.59 (resized).jpg

#9 7 years ago

I don't know where you are located but if you are in Florida, I have a spare open trailer that I don't use that you can borrow. I just might have to put air in the tires and it is ready to go.

#10 7 years ago

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope your trailer and its contents are recovered quickly.

#11 7 years ago

John -

Look at an app called Mobi Money for your debit card. I have mine set up to where my phone has to be within a few feet of the swipe machine or else the debit card is denied. I can't use my debit card at drive up windows because the swipe machine is too far away. Only problem I see is if someone steals my debit card and phone at the same time.

#12 7 years ago

If you have a buisness all your cars trucks and trailers should have trackers installed on all mobile items, I am sorry for your loss, but please put spidey tracers on all your items out of sight to trace these fools and catch them where they sleep.
    Thieves should be shot.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I can't understand the thought process behind this behavior.

Follow the money.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Follow the money.

I know they do it for the money and greed but the thought process of taking other peoples stuff is just wrong. I am sure they wouldn't like it if someone took their stuff but I can only hope that karma will bit them in the azz.

Hoping the OP posts a recovered in perfect condition update soon.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I know they do it for the money and greed but the thought process of taking other peoples stuff is just wrong. I am sure they wouldn't like it if someone took their stuff but I can only hope that karma will bit them in the azz.
    Hoping the OP posts a recovered in perfect condition update soon.

I was primarily referring to credit card hacking and theft.

#16 7 years ago

That sucks Troy
    Sorry to hear that.

#17 7 years ago

Sorry to hear Troy but Karma is King and everyone will get what 's coming to them. Hope it gets resolved quickly and good luck in moving your father in law!

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

Debit card has the exact same protection through Mastercard and Visa as a credit card does. Bank proved it this week. It was just a pain in the *ss!

Possibly things have changed, but when my wife lost hers and someone found it and went on a shopping spree it took 45 days to get back access to the money they spent. It was "temporarily credited" soon enough but wasn't released until they wrapped up their "investigation". Granted, this was at a credit union and only $500 but I could only cringe at what could've been.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-day-for-me-my-trailer-was-stolen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.