2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by presqueisle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Ok, so tonight after I got off work, I played ten games on my Gottlieb Atlantis. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good player. I'm not much of a nudger, but I do save a lot of potential drains with the quick left-right or right-left flipper flip. On the ten games I played, I didn't break 10,000 once. Lord knows how many games I've played on this game or overall, but I've never been smoked like this. Am I alone?

#2 2 years ago

This is what helps keep us all humble!!

#3 2 years ago

Atlantis can sometimes be a bitch, not usually that bad but it is not unusual to have a few sub 30,000 games in a row.

My nemesis is "Top Card " I have had a many games under 1,000 and the all time low 0,300
    All games set to 3 ball

If you could beat the game every time you played it , you would get rid of it.

You want to play some truly humbling games try the early 60's Bally's most of them are just nasty

My 2c

Sir Brian of Ortonville

#4 2 years ago

This is why I have EMs. There is no such thing as a long EM game. On my Slick Chick it's a good day if I break 300. Just brutal. In contrast if I play the Hobbit I have to try hard to actually lose the ball. I find I play my EMs more than my DMDs mainly because it takes less time to do so.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Amesra:

On the ten games I played, I didn't break 10,000 once.

If it happens again, it might be time to check the scoring relays or the score reels.

#6 2 years ago

Atlantis is a really good player...a shooter's game; picking off the drops. I played one for the first and only time (I don't recall playing one before, but maybe) in the SFGE tourney room. We hit it off and I put up 109K. One of my highlights of the weekend!

This was an example of one of those times where I could absolutely tell if I liked the game with one play.

I liked it a lot!

#7 2 years ago

Atlantis can play that way at times. I've had games where 3 or 4 balls exited down the gaping L drain with little play at all. The thing will beat me up and steal my lunch money and then I'll break through and have that game where I can put up 7-8 replays on the credit window, by score and special.

#8 2 years ago

Don't mean to hike know th thread but since we are on the topic of Atlantis, has anyone had issues with the matchme hanismbin the backbox functioning properly. Mine is indeed working but it seems to be slipping thus staying on the same two digit number quite often. I did replace the inner plastic gear but that has not seemed to help. I have watched it and it is actuating when it should but seeming to slip again this staying on the same two digit match number. Thanks fellas

G

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Amesra:

Ok, so tonight after I got off work, I played ten games on my Gottlieb Atlantis. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good player. I'm not much of a nudger, but I do save a lot of potential drains with the quick left-right or right-left flipper flip. On the ten games I played, I didn't break 10,000 once. Lord knows how many games I've played on this game or overall, but I've never been smoked like this. Am I alone?

That's what is great about these em's. If we beat them all the time they wouldn't be near as much fun. Always want to come back for "one more".

As a side note have you put fresh rubber on lately? I just did a Jacks Open last week. Between the new rubber and better adjustments to make the pops and kickers more active, it made a big difference.

#10 2 years ago

I agree with you on that about EMs. Sure, I liked High Speed and Taxi, but I will never buy one. The EMs just feel more real and crafted to me. Plus, the scoring today seems ridiculous. You can score 100 billion points today, but the slingshots still score ten points. To me there is no rhyme or reason in that.

The rubber is only a few months old. It was recently restored sans the play field, which is in really good shape except for a little cupping on some of the inserts. It's pretty true to the original.

#11 2 years ago

All of my EM's kick butt, and take names...
    Sometimes, it is all me... other times...,,,...well...
    I think it is funny how a bad ball on a DMD, may only produce a couple million points. I can't even think that high...
    but, a bad ball on an EM, and you may walk away with...3, maybe 12 points...

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

All of my EM's kick butt, and take names...
    Sometimes, it is all me... other times...,,,...well...
    I think it is funny how a bad ball on a DMD, may only produce a couple million points. I can't even think that high...
    but, a bad ball on an EM, and you may walk away with...3, maybe 12 points...

Hey now, take a look at the woodrail era before the awful score inflation was "reset". They had millions upon millions of points too! Don't like it.

#13 2 years ago

Atlantis is tough. First replay on mine set at 65k, and maybe 1 in 20 tries gets me there. Never rolled the reels either and I have the tilt bob wrapped in tissue. So...I can't help you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 129.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 142.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 13.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 94.00
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,500.00
    $ 16.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 52.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside