Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by DaddyManD
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Bad Dad or Bad-Ass Dad?”

• Bad Dad 8 votes
      19%
    • Bad-Ass Dad 35 votes
      81%

(43 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E7CF4CDD-B362-4940-A7B1-CE3AE38B714A (resized).jpeg
    AC873146-8DC0-4737-9D2F-ADB05A1EDE46 (resized).jpeg
    20220526_064102 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

This morning, I had to "urgently" move a pinball machine (since I overcommitted on space and wife was like no way 8 is too many...sigh). Luckily, my buddy DHudec was ready to accept the SW Premium that we co-own with @moat-pin.
    In order to get it there with my work schedule, it had to go in the F150 at 5:45 am this morning on my way to work (at a Fortune 100 company 60 miles away) near the pins final destination. My 15 year old son happily agreed to wake up early at 5:45 am to load it, after helping me slide it out of the basement last night before bed.
    I drove him to the bus stop, enjoying the sound of leg bolts rattling in the coin box in the back seat (oh that glorious sound!). I swear his buddies at the bus stop, and every car I passed on the road heading to my destination, were looking at me like "who is that bad ass with the SW Premium driving at 5:45 am!?" Hahaha we pinheads like to think "normies" care what grail pin we are hauling.
    Anyway, I digress. After dropping off the pin I stopped for a moment to ask myself, am I a cool bad-ass Dad, or actually am I a bad Dad asking my son to do this for my hobby (which he enjoys), when he should be resting before a long day of high school and track practice?
    Comments welcome and please share your stories here!

20220526_064102 (resized).jpg20220526_064102 (resized).jpg
    #3 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

When I was your sons age I had to wake up at 05:00 to help my father carry pinball machines, through the snow and ice!

Yes! Love this and will share with my son. It's like when we tell our kids how we had to walk a mile in the snow and rain to school while they have the bus to take them

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

I’ve had buddies over the years help me out. Nothing compares to having my twevle year old break down a game with me load and deliver. He shares my passion but we also have great father son time. So yes your another Badd-Ass Dad![quoted image]

Love this thanks for sharing!

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Definitely bad-ass dad. It’s all about the time you spend with your kid.
    I am “forcing” my 14 year old son on a road trip tomorrow morning to pickup a Mini Cooper with a blown out clutch for his first car.
    20 hours round trip , he misses school (straight A student), and we get to spend time together listening to music and hanging out.
    Best vacation day ever!

Can I come too!? Sounds great

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

My younger son (now 19) is my road warrior.. he NEVER says no. His first question is "what are we getting". He's been with me for at least 4 trips over 7 hrs each. Last two were over 10 hrs. Bad Ass Dad for sure.. this is how we get our time in.. no phones, no GFs, just the two of us truckin pins all over Florida.. great stuff!

Love this! It's like this with me and my older son too. We drove to CT recently to get his prized Rick and Morty and talked the entire trip about my childhood, his dreams and worries, it was just amazing!

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

Bad-ass dad…he would cherish those memories for the rest of his life
    My 17 year old son has been helping me for years with no complaints
    From driving across town to pick up a pin to a 12 hr round trip to San Diego
    Every time I tell him
    “Let’s go pick up a pin” his eyes light up and it’s ready to go in a heartbeat
    He’s leaving to the marines soon
    Iam sure going to miss him

Awesome bro! My son leaves for college in 3 yrs too and already sad! Great job to you sir for raising a fine young man and thank him in advance for his service!

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Love it! I started buying pinball and arcade games when I was 14. Bally Skateball and Atari Spaceriders for $225 total. Had to ask my parents to help me pick up the games from an operator's warehouse in the Chicago suburbs, so a little backwards vs your situation. Now, my 8 year old son loves to help me clean up project games and install mods. Most of all, he loves to spend time together playing them.

Wow love to hear about your lifetime passion (reflected in your business!) and passing the torch to your 8 year old...maybe he can do some clear coating for me in a few years?!

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from SDpinballer:

surrounding yourself with good people I see …

Haha he's a gem isn't he?!

#30 1 year ago

Love that 6 dudes voted for "Bad Dad". Missed the point of the thread being about sharing stories. Lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-dad-or-bad-ass-dad?tu=DaddyManD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.