(Topic ID: 227623)

Bad cats - sounds stop after a few minutes

By jimy_speedt

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi,

Yesterday, sounds and speeches were ok. Today, a fews kids came to play, and the following happened.

When I switch on the machine and start a game, I have the sounds and speeches. After 5 to 10 minutes, no more sound (extremely low sound), speeches are all ok. If I play with the pot, volume changes for speeches only.

I switch off the game and restart. Then again both dpeeches and sounds are ok. For 5 minutes, then the same problem happens again.

Does anyone have an idea about this ? Thank you

#2 5 years ago

I have investigated on the web. Actually, the machine was on for about 1.30h with people playing on it. after that period of time, the problem occurred. It is said in a pinside or google post that there is a system which prevents from overheating and disable speeches.

Maybe it is what happened with sounds. Today I have been playing 20 minutes without problem.

Could it be a component on the audio board that is damaged or "tired" and which does no longer fulfill its job, with an abnormal increase of temperature ?

Thanks for your help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jimy_speedt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-sounds-stop-after-a-few-minutes?tu=jimy_speedt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.