Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0731 (resized).JPG
IMG_0730 (resized).JPG
IMG_0732 (resized).JPG
IMG_0729 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Hey Pinsiders,

I have a lead on a Bad Cats, The owner says it plays good, but the cabinet is not so good. He is sending some pics, and his asking price. Is this a good pin for a collection?

Kickout

#2 7 years ago

A lot of people seem to enjoy it.

Though, it probably depends on what other games you like.

#3 7 years ago

No - terrible pin for any collection. That said, would you mind kicking his contact info over to me?

#4 7 years ago

Hell yes, it's a great machine.

#5 7 years ago

Bad Cats is a great system 11 game. Most of the time, fade is the big issues. Decals are available. Good find.

#6 7 years ago

Not everyone care about imperfections that don't effect game play.

Should you get it? Go through the list -

Do you want it?
Do you have room for it?
Do you have money for it?
Are you getting it for a price where if you decide you don't want it you can sell it for around what you paid?

Then get it

#7 7 years ago

I'm surprised to hear so many people love this game. I think it's a complete snooze fest. Unless it's an absolute bargain, I'd pass.

#8 7 years ago

Do you like meows?

#9 7 years ago

SEAFOOOOD!!!!
MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW!!!
Great callouts, decent enough game play...if the machine in good enough physical shape and the price is right I say go for it. I've run across a couple over the years and would get one in a Gorgar heartbeat if I could afford to do so. But don't let my enthusiasm sway you....

#10 7 years ago

Its an ok player but the scoring drove me nuts. If you have a larger collection its fine, but i wouldnt want it as my only machine.

That being said, i would get one again if the price was right, but i wouldnt pay market value just to get one.

#11 7 years ago

I like this game but the rest of my family don't. My wife did not like the out call. Every time I play the Bad Cats and when she heard "meow meow meow meow" will leave my game room immediately This is the main reason I sold my Bad Cats a month ago. Anyway if you like ramp shots as well as hitting the drop targets you will enjoy this game. Keep than in mind the scoring of this game is very random. At the end there are a lot of good system 11 pinball machines, unfortunately Bad Cats is not one of them.

#12 7 years ago

Its a fun enough game. No multiball. The gimmicks of the seafood wheel and the linear target are about it for toys. The game has plenty of charm with the artwork and animated back glass. Very straight forward game with easy to understand rules but very little depth. If that is your thing then you will love it. If you want depth and multiballs then it might not be for you.

#13 7 years ago

Yes, great game. Main knock on the game is no multiball.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

Hey Pinsiders,
I have a lead on a Bad Cats, The owner says it plays good, but the cabinet is not so good. He is sending some pics, and his asking price. Is this a good pin for a collection?
Kickout

Have more details/price and any pictures of the game?

#15 7 years ago

Looks like the seller changed is mind. Has not sent me any pics, or replied to my calls.

#16 7 years ago

Someone else probably grabbed it.

1 week later
#17 7 years ago

Well the seller just got back to me. Here is what he said. "The pinball plays great, the cabinet is the only thing beaten up.... it is actually very playable.... I'm looking for around $1400."
At this time I am going to pass on it. If any Pinsiders are interested here are the pics he sent me. He is located near Baltimore MD. If anyone is interested mail me for his information.
Kickout

IMG_0729 (resized).JPGIMG_0729 (resized).JPG

IMG_0732 (resized).JPGIMG_0732 (resized).JPG

IMG_0730 (resized).JPGIMG_0730 (resized).JPG

IMG_0731 (resized).JPGIMG_0731 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-should-i-buy-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.