Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hottubr
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 309 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-57.jpg
image-118.jpg
image-992.jpg
IMG_9358.JPG
IMG_9377.JPG
IMG_9373.JPG
IMG_9362.JPG
IMG_9365.JPG
IMG_9371.JPG
IMG_9339.JPG
IMG_9345.JPG
IMG_9344.JPG
IMG_9343.JPG
IMG_9342.JPG
IMG_9341.JPG
IMG_9340.JPG

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Mine doesn't seem to have decals on the cab though, looks like it was silk-screened. At least it feels that way and normally decals will peel. I've been doing airbrush/paint touch-up on it. Were some of these screen painted on the sides?

Apparently they're both ways and IPDB shows it too. You'll find both out there. I believe that the painted cabinets like yours is what PPS has matched the decals to better than mine. You can usually tell the painted by them being orange painted on the insides which I assume yours is. If I had a painted cabinet, I'd try and go that route like you plan but the decals were peeling off mine all over so had not to strip down and go decals.

#52 4 years ago

Plan on doing the full restore on mine once pf/plastics are avl.

Definitely disappointed in color of the decals!!

#53 4 years ago

I don't think anyone should be disappointed until they compare them to painted cabinets which is what PPS matched to. Isn't that what everyone wanted or did I miss something? The decaled cabinet orange is very different from painted orange. The new decal colors look to match the painted from what I can tell.

#54 4 years ago

Excellent work as far as I'm concerned. Who hasn't done some work on something only to be disappointed about how it turns out, yet others who see it never even notice the 'problems' you see every time? I refuse to do my own sheet rock work for the same reason.

I'd rather look at someone else's mistakes than obsessing over my own.

Andretti

#55 4 years ago

no offense but i like orange more than brown!

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Apparently they're both ways and IPDB shows it too. You'll find both out there. I believe that the painted cabinets like yours is what PPS has matched the decals to better than mine. You can usually tell the painted by them being orange painted on the insides which I assume yours is. If I had a painted cabinet, I'd try and go that route like you plan but the decals were peeling off mine all over so had not to strip down and go decals.

Yep, the one I have is orange on the inside. Cab touch-up is taking a lot longer than I thought. I'll probably get to the PF teardown by the weekend. Then onto my wacko method of flattening plastics after cleaning them. I tried something different this time for cleaning the metal parts, Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish... WOW, why haven't I been using this all along? Stuff is amazing. My lockbar looks new.

Anyone interested in flattening warped plastics, try this out:

Two cookie sheets and a heat gun - heat plastic on bottom cookie sheet till it just starts to flatten (silk screen down), put other cookie sheet on top and hold for 1 minute - works wonders, no paint loss or melting).

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

no offense but i like orange more than brown!

LOL, Its better than yellow! So what are you going to do with your front? Air brush it?

#58 4 years ago

My front is done!

image.jpg
#59 4 years ago

Looking great Dmacy!

Now you need one of these -

bad cats print.jpg

Chris

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

My front is done!

Looks great! I'm sorry they didn't take your perfect example of the color from yours. Maybe it's just my camera making it look worse?

Quoted from thedefog:

Yep, the one I have is orange on the inside. Cab touch-up is taking a lot longer than I thought. I'll probably get to the PF teardown by the weekend. Then onto my wacko method of flattening plastics after cleaning them. I tried something different this time for cleaning the metal parts, Mother's Mag & Aluminum polish... WOW, why haven't I been using this all along? Stuff is amazing. My lockbar looks new.
Anyone interested in flattening warped plastics, try this out:
Two cookie sheets and a heat gun - heat plastic on bottom cookie sheet till it just starts to flatten (silk screen down), put other cookie sheet on top and hold for 1 minute - works wonders, no paint loss or melting).

Mother's is great stuff. Good idea on the plastics.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Looks great! I'm sorry they didn't take your perfect example of the color from yours. Maybe it's just my camera making it look worse?

Mother's is great stuff. Good idea on the plastics.

Thanks Dave . I sent them pics and offered to match swatches against cab. One can only offer. And they chose brown.

#62 4 years ago

It's looking really nice Dave. Much better than it did when I saw it a few weeks ago!

#63 4 years ago

Very nice Dave! Looks like great work to me...you transformed a runt of the litter Calico into a pure-bred orange Persian No offense to those with Calicos...

With a CPR playfield in there, that game is gonna look sweet. You don't see enough nice Bad Cats.

#64 4 years ago

Thanks Ryan! You've been coming into a string of very nice machines! HS, the WW you have and the CP is like a time capsule. If only it was a TOTAN.

#65 4 years ago

Didn't get too much done other than the cabinet wiring back in and cleaned, new power cable, and attached where necessary and dropped the playfield in. I have the coin door painted and ready to go back in.

I sent Kevin at CPR a message asking how much longer for the playfields but haven't gotten a reply back. It does say on their site, "IN CLEARCOAT NOW" from being in silk-screening earlier in the week.

Hoping I'll have more pictures this weekend.

IMG_8284.JPG IMG_8286.JPG IMG_8307.JPG IMG_8308.JPG
#66 4 years ago

Kevin from CPR got back and said the playfields should be about 2 weeks and the preorders should get requests for payments. And 60 plastic sets were re-run. Thanks Kevin and team at CPR!

#67 4 years ago

Finally fully back together and playing again as of today. Needed some more LED's so it's a bit dark in a few spots.

image-509.jpg
image-796.jpg
image-33.jpg
image-887.jpg

#68 4 years ago

Excellent work!

#69 4 years ago

Here are some LEDs I put in mineimage-63.jpgimage.jpg

#70 4 years ago

dave watch the UV thru the window would't want to fade those new cab decals

#71 4 years ago

Got the rest of the LED's installed tonight. Finally settled on warm white frosteds in the lower GI and cool white frosteds in the upper GI. Warm white frosteds in the back box with some cool whites at the clouds. And blue flex 906's for the seafood flashers.

Some play field pics:

image-199.jpg image-922.jpg image-307.jpg image-640.jpg image-553.jpg image-201.jpg image-408.jpg
#72 4 years ago

Left the incandescents in for candle and grill.

image-73.jpg
#73 4 years ago

looks good to this cat. MEOW! U 1 BAD CAT

#74 4 years ago

Looks great! Makes me wanna re-decal mine, but thats such a pain in the ass.

#75 4 years ago

I pulled my Bad Cats out front of garage for picts. I own a painted cab version and a decaled cab version. I tore my decaled one down and decided I would wait for the new playfield I ordered vs. cleaning and pulling the mylar on existing.

I had decals made in orange. Here are picts of the 2 games next to each other. Note: the decaled version is a tad brighter than the painted cabinet. The last picts are of my removed PF and the new decals rolled up (sorry, I didn't want to pull the protection paper off of them, but there was one w a litle bit of orange showing at top)DSCN3399.JPG orange showing.DSCN3400.JPGDSCN3399.JPG

DSCN3401.JPG
DSCN3402.JPG
DSCN3403.JPG
DSCN3404.JPG
DSCN3406.JPG
DSCN3408.JPG

#76 4 years ago

kerry nice looking games i enjoyed the pics.

#77 4 years ago

There is/has been a lot of discussion / questions re: painted Bad Cats cabs vs. decaled. I wanted to share with the Pinside crowd what the 2 looked like up close. I felt with Dave's new BC project (which is awesome BTW) this would be a good thread to share in. Lots of picts of Bad Cats. Meoooooow

#78 4 years ago

I thought I sould mention that I've just released a Tech Chart for Bad Cats.
Complete solenoid, switch and lamps information on one big sheet (or PDF).
The file is available from my website www.inkochnito.nl.
Look in the "Tech Chart" section.
If I missed something or made an error, please let me know.

Enjoy your game,
Peter
If you like my work, please send me a donation via PayPal.

1 month later
#79 4 years ago

To those that have helped me over the years: thank you!

#80 4 years ago

dave you did a great job on your bad cats i can't wait to see pics with a new play field installed.

#81 4 years ago

Anyone want to take over my Bad Cats restoration project? I have a complete working game and over $1100 in new parts including a new CPR playfield and plastics set, plus new cabinet decals, all ready to be installed by someone with more time than I have. The game is located on Long Island, NY. PM me if interested.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffTaylor:

Anyone want to take over my Bad Cats restoration project

PM sent.

#83 4 years ago

New playfield arrived just a few minutes ago. Looks great Stu, Kevin, and the rest of CPR involved to make these happen.

I'll likely start to install new parts over the next few days but won't start the full swap for a full week letting the clear get a few weeks to cure.

IMG_8992.JPG IMG_8993.JPG IMG_8994.JPG IMG_8998.JPG IMG_8999.JPG IMG_9001.JPG IMG_9002.JPG
#84 4 years ago

Mine is on the way. The wood quality really looks fantastic there. Can't wait to get mine even though it's going to wait for a swap till the ramps come out... :^(

#85 4 years ago

Mine will be here tomorrow

#86 4 years ago

Can't wait to see the play field swap. Excellent work man!!

#87 4 years ago

Wow that looks great!

CPR is awesome!

Chris

#88 4 years ago

Stu and CPR do nice work. This is my first playfield from them but have seen their PF's in person and was impressed. I don't want to downplay IPB or Mirco as I used both before but this is very nice. Playing some games on the old playfield really has me anxious of the new one.

#89 4 years ago

Got mine today, it looks fantastic!

#90 4 years ago

Nice to know that people are happy with this playfield....excited to get mine tomorrow!

#91 4 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear from Kevin as to when mine will ship.

I heard back from him 10 days ago...

Haven't heard a word since.

#92 4 years ago

Looks great. Do you install it as is or will you have it recleared?

#93 4 years ago

Installing as it is if you're asking me. It really looks great as is. Being a car restorer before this hobby, I'm happy with the clear.

Quoted from bam10:

Looks great. Do you install it as is or will you have it recleared?

2 weeks later
#94 4 years ago

I finally got started on the tear down this week during our "blizzard" (when our site was closed in the NE US area) but don't have most of the pics at work to share.

I was able to remove the wood rails and send them out to TaylorVA to have him make replacements. If you haven't seen his work, his work is fantastic and he has lots of templates for several machines already. I've been using them on all my PF swaps. And the price is very reasonable and a nice complement to a PF swap.

Will update with more pics this evening.

IMG_9130.JPG IMG_9137.JPG IMG_9136.JPG IMG_9135.JPG IMG_9134.JPG IMG_9133.JPG IMG_9131.JPG
#95 4 years ago

Old playfield stripped down.

image.jpg
#96 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Old playfield stripped down.

image.jpg 499 KB

Interesting -
Is there supposed to be a GI light back there in the upper right corner? The old playfield has a 'hole' in the artwork, but not the wood.

#97 4 years ago

Yeah I didn't put the "hole" in the Artwork since there was no hole in the Wood.....we find all kinds of changes on playfields in the artwork from the wood itself, which is not surprising considering that in the original Bally/Williams days the artwork was done way in advance of the production. Back then many things were eliminated in the production stage (due to cost savings) long after the artwork/films were already finished....We try to fix these issues....

Quoted from Coyote:

Is there supposed to be a GI light back there in the upper right corner? The old playfield has a 'hole' in the artwork, but not the wood.

#98 4 years ago

Wow, the "old" playfield doesn't look too bad at all. What are your plans for it? We just got our project Bad Cats on legs and working for the first time tonight, motivated, in part, by reading this post. We could definitely use a better playfield for it, let me know if you'll be selling it.
Keep on restoring!

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Wow, the "old" playfield doesn't look too bad at all. What are your plans for it? We just got our project Bad Cats on legs and working for the first time tonight, motivated, in part, by reading this post. We could definitely use a better playfield for it, let me know if you'll be selling it.
Keep on restoring!

Glad you got it up and running! Not really sure the plans for it, but I'd let it go cheap. But it's far from nice. Planking pretty much everywhere as the tear down pics will show.

#100 4 years ago

Here's the start of the tear down top side. Hopefully these pics will help someone out.

DSCN2288.JPG DSCN2289.JPG DSCN2290.JPG DSCN2291.JPG DSCN2292.JPG DSCN2293.JPG DSCN2294.JPG DSCN2295.JPG DSCN2296.JPG DSCN2297.JPG DSCN2298.JPG DSCN2299.JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fredonia, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside