(Topic ID: 49024)

Bad Cats or Flintstones

By Kurisu

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kurisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I have room for one machine and I had pretty much settled on Bad Cats as the theme fits my family and it's a fun, straight-forward System 11 game (my wife likes cats but not complicated pins). However, a Flintstones has just become available and I'm wondering which would keep everyone happy in the long run.

I've only played Flintstones in Visual Pinball and watched some YouTube videos but it seems like a cool game with some unique features and fun shots. Perhaps not too complex for my wife but still deep enough for me. It's got multiball, which Bad Cats doesn't have. I know it's based on the movie and that's a negative, but I can live with it.

I have played a real Bad Cats a bunch of times (as well as the virtual version), and it's a lot of fun. But I'm wondering if it's got enough to keep me happy over the long haul.

For reasons I won't go into I'm going to have to hang on to whatever I choose for a couple of years, so I need to choose wisely. I realize these are two very different games and different price points, but I'm less concerned about the price and more concerned about finding something I'm going to be happy with over the semi-long haul.

#17 10 years ago

Hi everyone, thanks for the responses, it looks like Flinstones is the winner. However, I really should have mentioned this last night (shame on me for posting in a semi-comatose state), but the second pin in my two-pin collection is going to be Elvis. A fellow Pinsider has hooked me up with a nice one, so that is set.

What I should have asked to begin with: Would Bad Cats or Flintstones be better in a two-pin collection alongside an Elvis? Flinstones and Elvis both have a right-side third flipper that shoots an inner loop, and both have multi-ball. My thinking is Bad Cats might give me better variety in a two-pin collection, but never having played anything but the virtual version of Flintstones it's hard to make the determination of how different it is from Elvis.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Don;t know much aboot Bad Cats but Flinstones is really bad.

Thanks. Care to elaborate?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 19.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kurisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-or-flintstones?tu=kurisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.