Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by SpOoKyRiDeS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have room for one machine and I had pretty much settled on Bad Cats as the theme fits my family and it's a fun, straight-forward System 11 game (my wife likes cats but not complicated pins). However, a Flintstones has just become available and I'm wondering which would keep everyone happy in the long run.

I've only played Flintstones in Visual Pinball and watched some YouTube videos but it seems like a cool game with some unique features and fun shots. Perhaps not too complex for my wife but still deep enough for me. It's got multiball, which Bad Cats doesn't have. I know it's based on the movie and that's a negative, but I can live with it.

I have played a real Bad Cats a bunch of times (as well as the virtual version), and it's a lot of fun. But I'm wondering if it's got enough to keep me happy over the long haul.

For reasons I won't go into I'm going to have to hang on to whatever I choose for a couple of years, so I need to choose wisely. I realize these are two very different games and different price points, but I'm less concerned about the price and more concerned about finding something I'm going to be happy with over the semi-long haul.

#2 6 years ago

Flintstones FTW

I like both games.

Bad cats is in my top 5 for sys 11 titles.

#3 6 years ago

Flintstones, the ball going across the flippers on ramp shots is awesome!

#4 6 years ago

I love me some Bad Cats, but in a 2 or 3 pin collection, it would be Flintstones for sure.

#5 6 years ago

I've owned both....Flintstones is still downstairs after 6+ years, and Bad Cats left before 6 months.....meow meow meow meow gets old really fast

#6 6 years ago

Flintstones would be my choice of the two as a single pin. I like Bad Cats, but personally, I'd only have one in a mutliple pin collection. Flinstones has multiball as you noted, and more things going on in general.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Flintstones, The ball going across the flippers on ramp shots is awesome!

OK, so since I have never played Flintstones, I had to look this up. That is WAY cool!!!!

Chris

#8 6 years ago

I'd go with Flintstones personally.

#9 6 years ago

Flintstones is great. It is my family's favorite in my 12 pin collection.

#10 6 years ago

Bad Cats is long gone. Pin lacks much to do. Bedrock will never leave! ~SpOoKy

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I've owned both....Flintstones is still downstairs after 6+ years, and Bad Cats left before 6 months.....meow meow meow meow gets old really fast

I've never played Flinstones, but Bad Cats is one of the very few pinball machines I would honestly not have in my house, even as a gift. I find the audio, art and theme just unbearable. Especially the audio. And I like cats.

Sort of.

#13 6 years ago

I tried to play Bad Cats last Sat at a pin gathering, and I barely got through one game. Granted, I couldn't hear it and had no clue what I was doing, but my mom has Flintstones and it rocks. She sent MSF to my house to make room for Flintstones then shipped it in from across the country because she liked it so much. It's lots of fun, and you can get mods to make it more Hanna-Barbara than the movie characters if you'd prefer.

#14 6 years ago

I love Bad Cats probably as much as anyone. I dig the theme and sounds and all that. I have it in a five pin lineup and wouldn't give it up for anything.

In your situation, though, I'd definitely go with Flintstones. More going on, more to do. If you're going to only have one game, Flintstones is likely a much better choice.

#15 6 years ago

Don;t know much aboot Bad Cats but Flinstones is really bad.

#16 6 years ago

Flintstones
Great fun game

#17 6 years ago

Hi everyone, thanks for the responses, it looks like Flinstones is the winner. However, I really should have mentioned this last night (shame on me for posting in a semi-comatose state), but the second pin in my two-pin collection is going to be Elvis. A fellow Pinsider has hooked me up with a nice one, so that is set.

What I should have asked to begin with: Would Bad Cats or Flintstones be better in a two-pin collection alongside an Elvis? Flinstones and Elvis both have a right-side third flipper that shoots an inner loop, and both have multi-ball. My thinking is Bad Cats might give me better variety in a two-pin collection, but never having played anything but the virtual version of Flintstones it's hard to make the determination of how different it is from Elvis.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Don;t know much aboot Bad Cats but Flinstones is really bad.

Thanks. Care to elaborate?

#18 6 years ago

Flintstones, BTW I would put Flintstones up against most titles, VERY underrated!

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Kurisu:

Thanks. Care to elaborate?

I think it's one of, if not the, ugliest w/b ever made. The color scheme, art, backglass, plastics, all look cheap and really poor. The layout isn't bad, and it has some positives, but add in the sounds and it's just, TO ME, almost unbearable. If kids are involved, then it becomes more logical.

#20 6 years ago

I have JP and MSF beside each other, and the layouts for both are VERY similar. Flippers, pop bumpers, ramps all in the same location. However, to me, they don't play anything alike because of the modes and strategies involved. My Spiderman also has the 3rd flipper in the same spot, and all 3 machines have multiball, but not all multiballs are made the same. My mom has TAF and Flintstones beside each other, and both have the third flipper in the same spot, and neither plays like the other. I've never played Elvis, but I think you'll be fine with it and Flintstones still giving you variety.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it's one of, if not the, ugliest w/b ever made. The color scheme, art, backglass, plastics, all look cheap and really poor. The layout isn't bad, and it has some positives, but add in the sounds and it's just, TO ME, almost unbearable. If kids are involved, then it becomes more logical.

Unfortunately, the theme is a turnoff for a lot of people.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Unfortunately, the theme is a turnoff for a lot of people.

It doesn't help. If it were the cartoon it would get boosted a little bit.

#23 6 years ago

Its easy to turn the pin into the cartoon with the cartoon translight, pf overlay and a few mods and/or toys. I owned Bad Cats for two years and hated it. Stupid " meow meow" and "Baaad Caaats" over and over again. I wanted to like the pin, but nothing to do on the top of and no multi ball at all. Besides.....Any parts are not to be had At All! Not to offend anyone, but I couldn't wait to unload it.~SpOoKy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside