• Latest reply 5 years ago by JCO25
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190408_190812 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I was playing my bad cats machine and about to hit with the left flipper, next thing I knew, the flipper completely stops. I tried one more game, but the left flipper won't move. Is this a coil-related issue or a part with the flipper that has stopped?

#2 5 years ago

It could be mechanical or electrical. To narrow it down, power the game off and remove the glass. Move the flipper with your hand. Make sure it "flips" smoothly without binding and returns as normal. If it doesn't, lift the playfield and inspect for mechanical issues (loose links and screws / broekn parts / worn coil sleeves / etc).

If it's mechanically sound, then the problem is electrical. Could be as simple as a wire popping off from vibration and needing to be resoldered (it happens!), or a failed diode, or dirty / misaligned switch... to something a little more involved. But In my experience sudden flipper failure has usually been pretty simple and easily fixed.

#3 5 years ago

Cool. Thank you very much. Will look into it.

#4 5 years ago

Most likely a fuse. Simple things first. F6 on the auxiliary driver board. Check that.

4 weeks later
#5 5 years ago

Well, something popped out when I lifted the playfield; found a fuse, a lockbolt and other supplies. Tried putting the lockbolt and screw back in, cleaned out the coil, but the left flipper still isn't working. I ran a switch test too; nothing. This is what the left flipper underneath looks like with the lockbolt; any ideas how to repair this?

20190408_190812 (resized).jpg20190408_190812 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-left-flipper- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.