(Topic ID: 275796)

Bad Cats - Lamp Replacement Question

By PinNickleby

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnickleby.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

How do you access the lamps that are under the 50k - 20 Million jackpot marquee and the TOY marquee that sit at the top of the back of the Bad Cats playfield? These are 555 bulbs secured by locking plastic connectors on the backside. Removing the marquees doesn't work because there's no way to grab the bulbs to pull them out. Raising the playfield puts this section way down into the cabinet so you really can't get to them that way either. I tried reaching around from inside the cabinet bottom but that was a bust.

#3 3 years ago

The holders are too tight when I reach underneath, can't even get one of them loose. I certainly don't want to break something so I may have to remove the playfield from the swivel hinge to get to them.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for confirming what I was thinking I would need to do. This would have been the last step in my cleaning, installing new rubbers and converting to leds. I've had the machine for about 10 years now.

The good....none of the 555 incandescent bulbs are bad under the marquees.

The bad....nobody else is around to help with the playfield removal due to covid. I'll live with that section not being converted to leds for now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnickleby.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-lamp-replacement-question?tu=pinnickleby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.