IMG_1444 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1904 (resized).jpeg
20240303_160305 (resized).jpg
20240303_160006 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 9 years ago

I'm on the list.

Hope I don't miss out.

Has anyone heard anything on the progress of the new ramps being made?

5 years later
#161 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My wife and I purchased a Bad Cats
I really enjoy this pin
We will need a set of plastics and both ramps. I will post photos of our repair work.

I sell a full set of plastic protectors if you're interested.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Thanks I will send you a PM. I contacted CPR and asked about plastics and do they have a playfield I could purchase.
The answer they gave me here is a link to the plastics they have in stock and never answered my question about an replacement playfield.....

I was on the pre-order list for 5 years before CPR finally made the playfields. To my knowledge, they sold out pretty quick.

With the new manufacturing model, CPR might end up running the again in the not too distant future.

3 months later
#253 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yes. All 5.
Classic arcades. Totally off color. How does he sell those like that?? It’s WAY WAY off.

I've only bought from them a couple times. I've never cared much for their "quality". I won't buy from them again.

8 months later
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Thanks for letting me know playfield was instock.....ordered new plastics too.

I sell a nice playfield plastic protector set for BadCats, if anyone is interested.

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Is it colored or just clear?

clear, 1/16 polycarbonate.

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Me me me! Seriously though, Playfield on the way and I already had a replacement plastics set. Would love to protect them!
Chris

send me a PM

2 weeks later
#460 3 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Just received a new plastic set for my BC from CPR. There are two plastics where the originals have bends in them but their replacements are flat. The large plastic on the right hand side that has the gray cat punching the blue bulldog has a 90 degree flip on the bottom edge that looks like it's there to keep air balls from getting stuck behind the doghouse. Also, the dog house roof has a large bend and the replacement comes flat.
Do I have to heat these plastics and bend them to match the originals? What have you guys done with yours?
Thanks.

Use a heat gun to soften the plastics prior to bending.

1 year later
#635 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Dirty dirty dirtrrrrty
Finished LEDs, then began the topside teardown. I've got lots of really wonky screw/nut hardware to replace so that should be fun. I think I'm going to bring it down in sections so I can clean/buff/reassemble. I'm still not overly in love with taking things ALL the way down... even though I obviously had to for my High Speed and Eight Ball Deluxe hardtops...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I make a really nice 15 piece playfield plastic protector set, if you'd be interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-badcats-plastic-protectors

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

These are nice. I have a set for mine.
Chris

Thanks Chris

5 months later
#719 2 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

I’m cleaning up a Bad Cats for a friend and have a couple of questions:
The pop bumper under the wire ramp, is it supposed to have a cap? Photos I’ve seen online show it with no cap. On this game, someone added a flat plastic to it. Which one is correct?
The metal plate holding the motors for the back animation has some severe rust (acid damage?) which might have killed the stepped motor for the spinning cat. It also has damaged the artwork for that insert. Are either of these sold? I did not see them on the Marco site.
Thanks
Alberto
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

No cap...no bulb either. (I installed a bulb in mine...just tied it to the other pop bumpers).

1 week later
#731 2 years ago

I have an issue with my BadCats.

When my seafood spinners spins...it only makes about a quarter turn, then suddenly stops.

Any advice as to what to look for?

#733 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Been a few years, but I had that same issue with mine when I rebuilt the whole game from an unknown project status. I replaced the motor first but it ultimately turned out to be one (or more) of the ICs on the controller board, d'oh.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-taking-my-kids-down-with-me-by-resurrecting-bad-cats/page/2#post-4473672
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stepper-motor-woes-getting-stuck-every-5th-pulse
I hope that helps. I think I ended up shotgunning everything in that wheel but as I said, I really didn't know anything about what worked or didn't when I got the game, it was a complete mess.

Thanks for the respose. Is this the motor that you bought?...

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-stepper-motor.html

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Unless they've changed it since then, that's probably the one. IIRC PBL's game list / cross ref was incomplete when I googled before purchase, but it's not like there were many others to choose from
To be honest after that whole circus I think I put the OEM motor back in, and it's been working fine. I found a clean/nice stepper in my parts bin the other day and I know I didn't need one for anything else.

I talked to Doug at PBL....That is NOT the correct motor. That motor is a 12 volt. I need the 6 volt stepper motor: P/N 14-7948

#739 2 years ago

Fixing the seafood wheel on Bad Cats was a lot easier than expected. I had a broken wire on one of the connectors. Visibly, everything looked fine. I gave each wire a little tug...sure enough, one came right off. I replaced the unreliable IDC connector with a Molex connector.

Dsc_6318_1 (resized).jpgDsc_6318_1 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#796 1 year ago
Quoted from keanan_connell:

Yeah they did a decent job with the plastic lol. Definitely on the lookout for an original.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1006-575

8 months later
#944 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Lol. It should be on the right side, inside the cabinet, visible with coin door open, above the power switch. You can see mine in a couple pics. Just wondering if yours is first run, maybe why it's all orange.

All orange is pretty common. My BC is that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider indypinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-everyone-welcome?tu=indypinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.