20240303_160006 (resized).jpg
20240303_160214 (resized).jpg
IMG_2876 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2877 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3400 (resized).JPG
IMG_2971.jpeg
IMG_2875 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago

Get your name on the new CPR playfield list. It is finally ready to get made. Just need enough people on the list to get done. http://classicplayfields.com/order.html

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

It's already in Production ( CNC Process )......

Very nice!! Thank you STU. The Flash Gordon playfield is outstanding.

1 week later
#35 9 years ago

You still have time to get on the list. http://classicplayfields.com/order.html

1 week later
#41 9 years ago

I'm looking for insert decals. Anyone have a set?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I picked up a spare lower half of a cabinet, so I may sell the decal set I got last year.

Have any pictures? How much?

2 months later
#59 9 years ago

The PF is moving up the ladder. Next one to be screenprinted after Star Trek.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

5 years later
#321 4 years ago

Looks like you ended up 2 of the same left side.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Jeff just said decal was corrected and it’s printing today.
He was fast to correct the issue and I give them accolades for that

Did he correct the orange?

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

He can’t in mine cause I’ve already laid the coin door decal so I need them to match.
One thing that’s rubbed me the wrong way about it is he never once apologized or said sorry for the inconvenience or anything

So he is only sending you the right side?

2 weeks later
#346 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Cab is done! Thrilled with the results. Backbox is sanded and being patched.[quoted image][quoted image]

Headless Bad Cats looks good.

8 months later
#474 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Also, does anyone have any experience having to replace the Driver/MPU board due to battery leakage. Was not sure if installing a Rotten Dog causes any issues or differences when playing the machine.

I would pass on a Rottendog board. Can you post a picture of the original MPU?

8 months later
#617 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Anyone have an original power/driver board for this game? I currently have a rotten dog, but it does not produce clear sound (rather static/fuzzy). I was told only an original board will work properly in this machine.

Actually you should be looking for a System 11B MPU board. DumbAss has some new boards he designed.

Currently, it is tough to find an original MPU that is not battery damaged. I would watch/create a wanted ad on Pinside, watch Ebay or buy the mentioned above board.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

If someone has an original that has battery damage, can it be fixed? I always prefer the original if possible.
Maybe someone is just selling parts for the game.

This is why I stated to create a Wanted to Buy ad on Pinside. Not many in this club and you'll reach 10x more people that way and have an actual chance of finding one. pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

4 months later
#626 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I wish you were on the other coast

ship it

#630 2 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

I'm 100% in the market for a bad cats as well, but being in Florida Cross country shipping is ridonkulously expensive.

If you don't get one shipped, then you are limiting yourself. It could be years before you find one within what you may consider reasonable driving distance. $520 is the highest I had paid for shipping through the Beltmann Group.

So finding a reasonable priced Bad Cats, I think will be quiet challenging these days.

4 months later
#672 2 years ago

I can see a Hardtop being available in our future.

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Interconnect board. Not sure they ever go bad really. I've never needed to replace or service one.

3 different GI connectors sometimes are burnt on interconnect boards. J6 being the most prone, depending on how long the game has been on in its lifetime. Incandescent bulbs put a big strain on the GI circuit.

4 weeks later
#701 2 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

The original owner switched all the bulbs to LEDs except the flashers and GI. Guessing for the fade the game does? Most likely will change all to LEDs. Any thoughts on this good or bad?

This is no fading GI effect in this game. There is a backbox GI relay board and a playfield GI relay board that will turn off/on the GI lamps. Usually are just 2 reasons for not going to LEDs. 1. Owner liked the looks of the original bulbs 2. People tend not to change the GI because all the plastics and ramps have to be removed to get to all the GI bulbs. Since the CPR playfield was installed, I would say it is because of the first reason.

Personally speaking, I don't like LED flashers because they are just too damn bright. Odd, because I like me some bright cool white GI in this title.

Congrats on your purchase!!

1 month later
#775 1 year ago
Quoted from Peruman:

The Bad Cats I’m working on has no battery pack, to correct this, would I install the remote battery pack between the two points I marked?
This game does not have the NVRAM as it starts in “Factory Settings” upon power up.

Have someone install NVRAM for you, if you are not able to solder.

#779 1 year ago

I have been seeing coin cell die in 2 years and even seen one leak.

For same price of NVRAM, NVRAM will win all the time with me.

I even install them for free labor for any person who's game I repair.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
$ 19.99
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballManiac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-everyone-welcome?tu=PinballManiac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.