20240303_160006 (resized).jpg
20240303_160214 (resized).jpg
IMG_2876 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2877 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3400 (resized).JPG
IMG_2971.jpeg
IMG_2875 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kerry_Richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#169 4 years ago

I bought 2 CPR Bad Cats playfields. I actually have 2 BC's. Not sure I'll be able to do a playfield swap on both of them, as one is really nice.

Any idea of what a CPR playfield is worth today?

Let me know.
Thanks!
Kerry

1 week later
#174 4 years ago

I have a painted cabinet & head (earlier production?) and another with decals (highly faded and torn corners).

The painted version is all orange, no black paint inside the head. The decaled version has black inside the head. I actually prefer the black painted contrast better.

I have 2 new CPR repo playfields and 1 set of decals. My plan is to redo them both, just not sure when, as I have 2-3 other games ahead of them.

Bad Cats is a GREAT game!

#182 4 years ago

goingincirclez and freddy:

Freddy... my BC is like your buddies (2nd picture) all orange. There is no black anywhere. I actually prefer the black paint inside the head, vs all orange. However, that game has no decals. I think it's an earlier production, so I'm inclined to leave it that way vs. painting the inside head black.

2 months later
#219 4 years ago

I have 2 BC's: one is decaled on lower cabinet, w painted (silk screened?) head. The other is painted (silk screened?), both lower cab & head. Maybe the ones with decaled lower cab. came out later.

1 week later
#250 4 years ago

Blackbeard... where did you get them? Are they a complete set, 5 decals?

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I contacted the place out of Europe, Pinball Decals.eu about their decals. They mentioned knowing about Classic Arcades color match and said there's is much better.

Has anyone used them?

No, I haven't used them... Idea: maybe they can cut a small piece of the yellow?/orange? body, and send you a sample of it.

#270 4 years ago

I think he had Taxi RadCals, but not Bad Cats. Anyone know differently?

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

He can make anything

Negative... I've asked for Champion Pub and many of us asked for IJ (Williams). Plus, I'm a returning customer who has already bought two sets from him (BSD & FT).

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Hi, I have the files already set up for bad cats.

Yeah!!! I'm in for Bad Cats.

Question: is this for both; decals or Rad Cals?

#281 4 years ago

Mirco... can your Rad Cals be printed without holes cut (flippers, start button etc?)

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I understand this, but with these cabinets, all you're going to do is match the "current" color of the cabinet, right? If these are mostly, if not all, faded, how do we know what is "correct" or not?

You can usually get an exact color match, on any faded game... places to look:
1) under glass lock bar
2) under edge of coin door
3) under legs
4) under back box hinge bracket (IMO: Biggest and best place for sample)

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I say match the orange from the speaker plexi

IMO... that orange is too neon bright looking

#298 4 years ago

Blackbeard... nicely done!

#311 4 years ago

double sided sticky tape

2 months later
#403 4 years ago

Hello Bad Cats owners... I could use some help on values:

I have BC's with screened cabinet and head. It's been in my collection for 20+ years. I think its an earlier version, with no black paint inside head or cabinet. It's real nice, plays 100% and no cracked ramps or plastics. I have a new CPR "Gold" playfield as well (not installed).

My plan was to do a PF swap, but I just have too many other things going on (Pinball / Family / work +++).

I may just sell BC separately, sell the Playfield separately or sell both together.

Can I get your value opinions on both: Game & Playfield? Here are some picts.

Thank You!
Kerry in Danville, Calif
DSCN8405 (resized).JPGDSCN8405 (resized).JPGDSCN8406 (resized).JPGDSCN8406 (resized).JPGDSCN8407 (resized).JPGDSCN8407 (resized).JPGDSCN8409 (resized).JPGDSCN8409 (resized).JPGDSCN8413 (resized).JPGDSCN8413 (resized).JPG

#410 4 years ago

Thanks guys for your input.

I'm thinking ~$3500 for the game and probably around $1000-1100 for the playfield.

This has been helpful, now I need to decide and actually pull the trigger

1 week later
#418 4 years ago

Not sure what direction I'm going in for my playfield. I'm currently working on 2 tear down projects (Taxi & Indiana Jones). Once those are done, I'll decide what to do. If the playfield becomes available... I'll post here.

Thanks!
Kerry

1 year later
#624 2 years ago

I'm going to be listing my very nice Bad Cats with new side art. Probably just a tad under $4k.

I'm in Northern Calif

3 months later
#653 2 years ago

I have 2 Bad Cats...

#1) is painted black inside head and inside cabinet, with decals
#2) is all orange silk screened(?) art work on head & cabinet body, no black paint anywhere. I believe this is/was an early production Bad Cats.

#655 2 years ago

Honestly... I had 3 Bad Cat's. A few weeks ago; I sold one with new decals and shopped very clean. Asked $3895 / sold for $3800. Same with my Taxi asked $3895 / sold for $3800 and my DINER asked $3495 / sold for $3400.

Hind sight; maybe too low for them, given the current market were in.

Well I'm happy... it was fair deal for me.

#658 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m paying $4500 for this nice original in good shape, but it includes a new CPR gold playfield and plastics set.

I think you got a great deal at $4500.

A new PF is ~$900 and new plastics are ~$200, plus shipping ~$100 = $1200. $3300 ($4500 - $1200 for new parts) for a nice Bad Cats... Congrats!

3 months later
#794 1 year ago

Nice score... Bad Cats is such a cool game.

BTW: someone went to some efforts to make the big plastic on the right, that goes 1/2 way over the shooter lane and the other 1/2 into the playfield.

2 months later
#813 1 year ago

I played 3 games on my Bad Cats tonight.

Not bragging, but out of 20+ late model pins... that game just gives me so much pleasure playing. It's so simple, but so many long satisfyingly shots, they're very challenging and difficult to make to 3-5 times in a row.

I really enjoy the simplistically, but very challenging (oxymoron I know) aspects of the game. The animated backglass is icing on the cake too!

Kerry

2 months later
#841 1 year ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

I now play it like a drop-target game, which is what I believe it was meant to be. I frequently complete the Jackpot, sometimes multiple times in a single game --- the post-Jackpot background music is the best! I think that in my home ROM I'll enable the 20M shot after scoring a Jackpot, a 5M Fish Bone-Us reward, and getting an extra ball.

WOW... Very impressive Some great ideas here.

2 months later
#912 1 year ago

Hello Pinbuddies...

I recently picked up my repopulated BC's playfield (wrapped up with padding). I opened it and this plastic (part #575-19-SP) was laying at the bottom. I can't seem to locate its proper place... any help?

Thank You!
Kerry

DSCN1629 (resized).JPGDSCN1629 (resized).JPG
#914 1 year ago

Ironically the Bad Cats plastic part #575-19-SP is for sale on EBay. It doesn't indicate where its located tho.

ebay.com link: itm

#917 1 year ago

Awesome interconnect... Thank You!

1 month later
#935 1 year ago

jrcmlc... my BC's is an all orange (silk screened / non-decaled) cabinet & head with no black painted inside head or inside cabinet. Mine is just like yours where that plastic hole doesn't line up for a threaded screw. I never noticed it, until you pointed it out.

#937 1 year ago

My BC's is all orange (screened, not decaled), no black painted anywhere.

DSCN3400 (resized).JPGDSCN3400 (resized).JPG
#942 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

What's your serial #?

My game is pressed up against the wall, between 2 others. It's difficult for me to check at this time.

#947 1 year ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Lol. It should be on the right side, inside the cabinet, visible with coin door open, above the power switch. You can see mine in a couple pics. Just wondering if yours is first run, maybe why it's all orange.

Thanks jrcmlc... I didn't think about that. I was only thinking I'd have to pull the game out and check the back.

I opened the coin door and the serial number was there on the inside, right side of cabinet.
It reads: S/N 575 310134

3 months later
#1061 10 months ago

@skuuun... Congrats on your BC's purchase.

Looks like you got an early production pin (no black on insides of cabinet or head, and silk screened artwork vs. decals.

Have Fun with it

2 months later
#1128 8 months ago

I too recently got another BC's. It is the rarer all orange screened cabinet & head (no black inside head or body). I think these were the early production ones.

This BC also has the complete PF mylar. It too covers the fishbowl clear window. And the 4 screws are under the mylar. I do plan on carefully cutting around the window, and with light heat, removing the mylar and cleaning off any glue residue. Should be easy and fairly simple.

I'm in California and will probably be selling it for around the same ~$6000

1 month later
#1146 6 months ago

Put me on the list please.
Thanks
Kerry

5 months later
#1307 45 days ago

If you decide to "Polish" the mylar... it does look so much better!!!

With that said: be careful to mask the playfield edges around the mylar, so this protects your PF that has no mylar on it. It is easy to have your buffer pad slide off the mylar and quickly remove art off PF. Don't ask me how I know

2 weeks later
#1342 25 days ago

I own 2 Bad Cats that I think are early production models.

Neither have decals, both have orange paint (silkscreen?) inside the body next to playfield, and the inside of the head is also orange, no black.

One has last 4 serial numbers of 0190. It says Curiosity Spin and ? ? ? ? on both outlanes.

The other one has last 4 serial numbers of 0134. However, I put a new CPR repo playfield in it and threw away the old playfield. So, not sure if that one 56 units older had the other outlanes

#1344 25 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Threw away the old pf? Goddammit lol

Ironically, he burnt the underside of the playfield fairly badly removing some parts.

#1356 24 days ago
Quoted from idealjoker:

Is the full number 310190? That's very close to 310184. No serial number on the playfield? I wonder why.

For clarification: I own 2 early production BC's.

1) #310134 I had original playfield (PF) swapped out with new CPR PF. He burnt the backside of PF and it was thrown away

2) #310190 has original PF. The outlanes read; Curiosity Spin ? ? ? ?

BTW: on both games: there are serial # stickers all over them (inside and out), all referencing their same serial numbers.

#1360 24 days ago

WOW... very interesting indeed!

Both low serial number games above (310062 & 310131) have black paint inside cabinet & head.

Ironically, both my low number games (310134 & 310190), higher than the 2 above, have no black paint on head or inside cabinet.

Pictured is 310134, and the other one 310190 is identical.

DSCN3400 (resized).JPGDSCN3400 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 19.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kerry_Richard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-everyone-welcome?tu=Kerry_Richard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.