IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1904 (resized).jpeg
20240303_160305 (resized).jpg
20240303_160006 (resized).jpg
20240303_160214 (resized).jpg
IMG_2876 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2877 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Alan_L.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 5 years ago

I bought a replacement spin wheel motor a while back for my Bad Cats. The original motor had these wires: pin 1 red, pin 2 brown, pin 5 green and pin 6 black.

The new motor has different wire colors: red, white, yellow and blue. I don't want to send some high voltage up a 5-volt line, how do I tell which wire replaces which?

BTW, my machine's serial number is : I315297, a re-import from West Germany. The head is still a nice bright orange on all sides. The cabinet has faded to a solid yellow on all sides.

Meow m'meowmeow!

1 week later
#95 5 years ago

For the life of me I can't figure out how to install the cam that that runs between the lockset in the head and the moving bar that locks in the backglass. I have tried flipping it each way, changing locksets, etc. I can get the key to rotate 90 degrees either CW or CCW depending on the lockset, but the key comes out with the moving bar in the "open" position and stays in the lockset with the backglass locked in.
A really close up pic of a properly installed cam would be of great assistance.

Thanks.

1 week later
#96 5 years ago

Finally figured it out: I've got the wrong bracket.

Here's what I need: Looking for two of the Locking Cam Brackets shown in the upper drawing in the pic. Part number I need is: Wms. 01-9281, not the bracket in the lower drawing. Needed for Bad Cats and Jokerz! Thanks.

20180616_103351 (resized).jpg20180616_103351 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#195 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm going to try and match the cabinet color and repaint the head.

MY BC is the exact opposite, orange over yellow. Too bad we're not closer.

#198 4 years ago

I'll take the yellow one, it actually is bequested to my granddaughter and she prefers yellow.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I wished you were closer and I would be happy to swap heads

Hey, Hawkeye,

Are you coming to York next month or Allentown next spring? I'd be happy to swap heads with you.

Alan

4 months later
#390 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Forget if they’re 6 or 8-32

Generally speaking, use an 8-32 if it goes through a post or standoff that gets hit by a ball. 6-32 for posts that just hold stuff up and don't get hit: plastics, etc.

6 months later
#435 3 years ago

Should the wooden playfield siderails, backrail and back light panel all be the same black finish? Gloss? Semi-gloss? Semi-flat or flat?

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Should the wooden playfield siderails, backrail and back light panel all be the same black finish? Gloss? Semi-gloss? Semi-flat or flat?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? I want to get these right. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#458 3 years ago

Just received a new plastic set for my BC from CPR. There are two plastics where the originals have bends in them but their replacements are flat. The large plastic on the right hand side that has the gray cat punching the blue bulldog has a 90 degree flip on the bottom edge that looks like it's there to keep air balls from getting stuck behind the doghouse. Also, the dog house roof has a large bend and the replacement comes flat.

Do I have to heat these plastics and bend them to match the originals? What have you guys done with yours?

Thanks.

1 month later
#532 3 years ago

There is a tapered rubber and white spacer at the right entrance to the Tiger ramp, and at the left entrances to the Fishbowl ramp and the Doghouse.
Some of the IPDB pics show the spacer on top of the tapered rubber and others have the spacer on the bottom. Which is correct?

1 year later
#728 2 years ago

Anyone need these?

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Selling one pair, left & right, Bad Cats slingshot plastics. These are new from CPR and still have the protective film on them. $31.00 USD including shipping within the Conti...”
2022-06-30
Jarrettsville, MD
31 (Firm)
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 87 times

5 months later
#831 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Debating on selling my Bad Cats.

It seems as though Bad Cats shows up a lot when the subject of "machines that I wish I hadn't sold" comes up.

1 year later
#1259 3 months ago

Quick question: What switch or shot triggers the woman to swing her broom and the cat to spin?

Tia,

Alan

1 month later
#1318 47 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

My outlane inserts have a ? on them and say Curiosity Spin underneath. I'm fairly sure mine isn't a prototype.

Chris

My playfield has the question marks as well. Don't know if its early production, but it is a re-import from West Germany if that matters.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Alan_L.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-everyone-welcome?tu=Alan_L and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.