IMG_1444 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1904 (resized).jpeg
20240303_160305 (resized).jpg
20240303_160006 (resized).jpg
There are 1,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.
#401 4 years ago

Since when is the Fish-bone-us rewarding 5 million as opposed to 500,000 points?

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Since when is the Fish-bone-us rewarding 5 million as opposed to 500,000 points?

Lit right inlane for 10x trashcan.

#403 4 years ago

Hello Bad Cats owners... I could use some help on values:

I have BC's with screened cabinet and head. It's been in my collection for 20+ years. I think its an earlier version, with no black paint inside head or cabinet. It's real nice, plays 100% and no cracked ramps or plastics. I have a new CPR "Gold" playfield as well (not installed).

My plan was to do a PF swap, but I just have too many other things going on (Pinball / Family / work +++).

I may just sell BC separately, sell the Playfield separately or sell both together.

Can I get your value opinions on both: Game & Playfield? Here are some picts.

Thank You!
Kerry in Danville, Calif
DSCN8405 (resized).JPGDSCN8405 (resized).JPGDSCN8406 (resized).JPGDSCN8406 (resized).JPGDSCN8407 (resized).JPGDSCN8407 (resized).JPGDSCN8409 (resized).JPGDSCN8409 (resized).JPGDSCN8413 (resized).JPGDSCN8413 (resized).JPG

#404 4 years ago

Hard to tell Kerry without better pics. But from what you've shown, PF looks a little above average as most are beat. Cab looks good, but we can't see sides or backbox. Front looks really nice.

I think average bad cats are going for around 3000. This one is nicer than average i'd say... especially since the cab colors look rich. I'd go 3400-3600 as long are cab isn't planking and the sides are as nice as front.

The separate pf i have no clue.

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Hard to tell Kerry without better pics. But from what you've shown, PF looks a little above average as most are beat. Cab looks good, but we can't see sides or backbox. Front looks really nice.
I think average bad cats are going for around 3000. This one is nicer than average i'd say... especially since the cab colors look rich. I'd go 3400-3600 as long are cab isn't planking and the sides are as nice as front.
The separate pf i have no clue.

This seems pretty accurate to me. I am sure it's out of my price range, but I'd love to get aa playfield.

Chris

#406 4 years ago

I noticed on the CPR site there is a BC topper for sale 80.00 dollars plus shipping

#407 4 years ago

I tried to get my cat to stand on top of Bad Cats. She kinda sniffed it when I put her up there but then ran away as soon as I started a game instead of chasing the ball

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I tried to get my cat to stand on top of Bad Cats. She kinda sniffed it when I put her up there but then ran away as soon as I started a game instead of chasing the ball

That's how ours are too. They are fine when the machines are off but turn one on and they are out of there.

Chris

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

That's how ours are too. They are fine when the machines are off but turn one on and they are out of there.
Chris

My cat could care less...

#410 4 years ago

Thanks guys for your input.

I'm thinking ~$3500 for the game and probably around $1000-1100 for the playfield.

This has been helpful, now I need to decide and actually pull the trigger

#411 4 years ago

I think that price is about right. Yours is a little nicer than mine and I’d probably list mine for 3000-3200
5780D010-D491-4EF8-8E07-7664B65443F2 (resized).jpeg5780D010-D491-4EF8-8E07-7664B65443F2 (resized).jpegA8724DFF-0B20-4C18-8E0B-72698440CF90 (resized).jpegA8724DFF-0B20-4C18-8E0B-72698440CF90 (resized).jpeg
Mines about to get a full topside tear down and deep clean to help with the dirt. Does anyone know where I can get a seafood wheel clear cover piece? Mines a little hazy after cleaning
D9AF4319-2081-48BC-9870-90E85B1D15CB (resized).jpegD9AF4319-2081-48BC-9870-90E85B1D15CB (resized).jpeg

#412 4 years ago

<blockquote cite="#5507687" Does anyone know where I can get a seafood wheel clear cover piece? Mins a little hazy after cleaning
[quoted image]

I'd be interested in a replacement as well. Mine is cracked. Please let me know if you find a source

Chris

#413 4 years ago

I recently bought my old one back. Painted cab with some dings, cpr playfield installed, new ramps and plastics for $4400.

Backglass came back worse than I sent it away with and now masking has peeled so I need to seek out a perfect backglass.

#414 4 years ago

I just sent an email to CPR with regard to Bad Cats backglass attached was the reply I got.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#415 4 years ago

Would be nice if they would offer a back glass at some point.....

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

<blockquote cite="#5507687" Does anyone know where I can get a seafood wheel clear cover piece? Mins a little hazy after cleaning
[quoted image]
I'd be interested in a replacement as well. Mine is cracked. Please let me know if you find a source
Chris

Making the window is easy. The printing on the window? Not so much.

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Thanks guys for your input.
I'm thinking ~$3500 for the game and probably around $1000-1100 for the playfield.
This has been helpful, now I need to decide and actually pull the trigger

Hi Kerry. I just bought my BC from a seller close to Concord for $2700. Needs new plastics and cab art. Back glass is near perfect and the playfield shows it’s age but is still in a decent condition. I’d be interested in your playfield if you go to sell it (especially since you’re not too far away).

#418 4 years ago

Not sure what direction I'm going in for my playfield. I'm currently working on 2 tear down projects (Taxi & Indiana Jones). Once those are done, I'll decide what to do. If the playfield becomes available... I'll post here.

Thanks!
Kerry

1 week later
#419 4 years ago

Any know where I can get a System 11B mpu for Bad Cats? Looking for a used original before laying for the money on a Rottendog, they are expensive now.

1 week later
#420 4 years ago

Does anyone have the rubber ring layout or diagram? I have the manual which tells me what is needed but doesn’t show where they belong. I’m ordering individual rings so I’d like to have them defined. Here’s what the manual requires.

0BE3B1B9-DBF7-4616-B456-AEAEA4434825 (resized).jpeg0BE3B1B9-DBF7-4616-B456-AEAEA4434825 (resized).jpeg
#421 4 years ago

Picked up a Bad Cats and the MPU was shot so I replaced it and the Power driver board with a Rottendog ones and still having issues. The Game boots and "Factory Settings" come up on the display. So I go in and save the setting but when I power cycle it comes back. Second, nothing on the playfield works, all the lights work, sound works but none of the coils, flippers, etc work and it work eject a ball when I press start.

Any thoughts? Could the Interconnect board be bad? Is there a way to test it?

Thanks

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Picked up a Bad Cats and the MPU was shot so I replaced it and the Power driver board with a Rottendog ones and still having issues. The Game boots and "Factory Settings" come up on the display. So I go in and save the setting but when I power cycle it comes back. Second, nothing on the playfield works, all the lights work, sound works but none of the coils, flippers, etc work and it work eject a ball when I press start.
Any thoughts? Could the Interconnect board be bad? Is there a way to test it?
Thanks

Doesn't the "Factory Settings" thing mean it needs the batteries replaced?

#423 4 years ago

yes
but in the case exposed above, seems there's something more being wrong...
having empty batteries on a SYS 11, once pin is ON, and set up done, you can play it until you set it off

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Doesn't the "Factory Settings" thing mean it needs the batteries replaced?

I put in a new Rottendog board that comes with NVRAM, so not batteries.

#425 4 years ago

Update, I narrow the playfield issue down to a bad interconnect board, replaced it and the game works fine.

I still have the issue when I turn it on is say "Factory Settings". I have a new Rottendog board that comes with NVRAM so not sure why it is not saving the settings.

Any thoughts?

#426 4 years ago

Could be a bad NVRAM. I’ve seen plenty of story’s of rottendog boards that were bad right out of the box

#427 4 years ago

I agree that a bad NVRAM will not hold the settings.

1 week later
#428 4 years ago

Had the time to finish some stuff on my BC (rebuilding mechs and cleaning up). When I first got it I noticed the Tiger Ramp does not register. In switch test the switch registers and I can manually get it to register during a game but when I actually hit the shot nothing happens and the gate gets stuck up. I've seen some nice pictures of the ramp assembly and I've tried everything to fix it. Adjusted the set screw, tinkered with the actuator and the wire form going through the playfield. Anybody have the same issue or insight on this? Starting to think the wire form may not be perfectly straight as I've seen that on some spinners before.

1 week later
#429 3 years ago

Of all the dozens of different games and mechs I've worked on, that Tiger Ramp switch is among the touchiest and most finicky to get dialed in. It looks deceptively straightforward but there's very little margin for error. You're on the right track in recognizing it's like a spinner... but IIRC that set screw adjustment is very fine. The wire also needs to be straight with no deflection or binding. Adjustments aren't helped by gravity affecting the mech differently when the playfield is raised vs. lowered, so you have to compensate for that in your adjustments. Remember the weighted bob will pull the gate lower when the pf is at rest.

Sorry I can't offer specific advice... It's been a while but I remember being frustrated and confused when I first put mine back together. Once I got it right, it's been 100% trouble free ever since (~two years and a couple thousand plays...)

#430 3 years ago

Has anybody powder coated their bad cats with a color other than black? Looking for photos/suggestions.

This game is getting the full treatment, decals etc...

AFD2A0A9-1079-4469-B85D-6DFB51DA872B (resized).jpegAFD2A0A9-1079-4469-B85D-6DFB51DA872B (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#431 3 years ago
Quoted from N80G80:

Has anybody powder coated their bad cats with a color other than black? Looking for photos/suggestions.
This game is getting the full treatment, decals etc...[quoted image]

I think a metallic red might look good on it

#432 3 years ago

I guess the obvious choice would be orange unless you're looking for contrast.

If I were to go all out on mine I would do orange.

Chris

#433 3 years ago

Can anyone help this guy with his fish bone-us target?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/target-bad-cats-#post-5687974

#434 3 years ago

On it!

2 months later
#435 3 years ago

Should the wooden playfield siderails, backrail and back light panel all be the same black finish? Gloss? Semi-gloss? Semi-flat or flat?

#436 3 years ago

Finally joined the Club! Have always wanted a BadCats.

Factory Mylar. Playfield Protector installed. Blue Pop caps. Added light to third pop bumper. Added GI above right outlane. Brand new ramps & plastics. Vari-target dialed-in. Plays as it was designed to be played - fast & smooth!

20200513_170635 (resized).jpg20200513_170635 (resized).jpg20200731_144245 (resized).jpg20200731_144245 (resized).jpg
#437 3 years ago

SEAFOOOOOOOD

#438 3 years ago

why does this pin cost so much?

i mean, its spretty cool. but basically a very short game with short rules etc...

I suppose nostalgia ccarries the day. kinda like IJTPA.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

but basically a very short game

Play better!

#440 3 years ago

Cause it’s kinda rare, especially in decent shape.

#441 3 years ago

i mean, its spretty cool. but basically a very short game with short rules etc...
I suppose nostalgia ccarries the day. kinda like IJTPA.

+1

i got one to my sister house, my answer is simple : she likes cats, she's playing pinball, than you have it
because let's admit, the artwork is simply fabulous/hilarous if you love cats

but from a gameplay point of view, as i player, i'm (quite) not playing with it :/

#442 3 years ago

Honestly, for me, it's a boring pin. I have more fun with police force than i do with bad cats.

But, it's pretty to look at.

#443 3 years ago

Picked up my CPR playfield yesterday, to go with my nos backglass and plastic set.

Now I just need to find a project machine that needs some love!!

#444 3 years ago

Thanks for letting me know playfield was instock.....ordered new plastics too.

#445 3 years ago

We only just sold ours. And more than double what we bought it for. I think if you like cats, which we do and you want a beautiful piece of furniture in your main living area and you just want a quick game now and then it's awesome!!!

My wife was upset when I sold it. I miss the cool factor.

All those that have it, enjoy. And know that you have something which is worth something (wish I could say the same about my WCS94). Always nice.

EDIT: I must say, the tiger ramp is one of the best ramps in pinball.

#446 3 years ago

The individual playfield features are fun. The problem (as with many system 11 games) is no integration between the features. On the opposite end of the scale would be something like Taxi that has great integration among the features.

So I don't have an overall game strategy for Bad Cats because there is none. I forget about trying for high score and just focus on the 5 million trashcan shot. Then I'll play a few games for the jackpot. Then maybe I switch to trying to max out the Tiger ramp and so on.

#447 3 years ago

My wife is the crazy cat lady. The first time she played this pin at an arcade in 2015 she wanted one. Every time a BC came up for sale the pin sold quickly or is was in really bad shape and the seller wanted too much for it. Finally last year one came up for sale that needed ramps but overall was in good shape. We purchased and I contacted CPR for a playfield it has been 1 year and the wait is over we purchased playfield and got a discount on buying the plastics with the playfield. My wife is excited about getting this BC looking like new. I will post up some photos during the process of the playfield swap.

#448 3 years ago

I agree that Bad Cats suffers from a lack of cohesion: there's a lot of great features and ideas but they don't fully gel in the way some better integrated System 11's do (see Diner, Taxi, Whirlwind, Mousin'). Plus, there's no multiball, and the rules aren't especially deep. The vari-target is a PITA. And tourney players don't like the imbalanced code / 20 mil shot exploit... if that latter part were fixed, I bet this game would get more love...

BIT with those faults acknowledged, it's still a great game: the Tiger ramp IS truly satisfying! And the Fishbowl song never gets old. The drop shots are just tricky enough (hint, set up the right flipper to *just* make the right bank kinda sorta backhandable). And here's the thing: if this game is set up clean and FAST, my god can it be brutal and fun. I restored and cleared mine 2 years ago and it is still maybe the most brutal game in my lineup - and I have a Firepower, Torpedo Alley, and Whirlwind in the same room. Every guest who plays it comes away astonished that the "aww widdle kitty game" is such an asskicker. My kids - the target market for cat lovers - almost hate it but love trolling their friends. When I took it to a show, several people asked me what I did (i'm not sure? lol) and remarked it was the best playing Bad Cats they ever touched. So if you get one playing fast, it truly takes on the "arrgh just one more game" quality and the shallow rules aren't an issue.

Now add best-in-class art and sound package, the relative rarity, family-fun factor, and interesting cabinet variants to chase or prefer, and it's really a gem among System 11's. As I said, a code option to remove the progressive jackpot / 20mil shot exploit could make a fast machine a great tourney seed game and elevate it status a bit.

But you have to get it dialed in and playing fast. This game cannot be left to wear dirty or get slow or it's a real dog.

#449 3 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

So if you get one playing fast, it truly takes on the "arrgh just one more game" quality and the shallow rules aren't an issue.

Try it with a ceramic power ball, l have one in mine . I don’t think I’d ever put a regular ball back in it..

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Should the wooden playfield siderails, backrail and back light panel all be the same black finish? Gloss? Semi-gloss? Semi-flat or flat?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? I want to get these right. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-everyone-welcome/page/9?hl=n80g80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.