Topic Stats

• 424 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jjoravec
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 128 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0BE3B1B9-DBF7-4616-B456-AEAEA4434825 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
D9AF4319-2081-48BC-9870-90E85B1D15CB (resized).jpeg
5780D010-D491-4EF8-8E07-7664B65443F2 (resized).jpeg
A8724DFF-0B20-4C18-8E0B-72698440CF90 (resized).jpeg
DSCN8409 (resized).JPG
DSCN8413 (resized).JPG
DSCN8407 (resized).JPG
DSCN8406 (resized).JPG
DSCN8405 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200212_233231 (resized).jpg
Calvin pinball (resized).jpg
9b9964f759d28fd39dfe40d56f0ce97006b52b34 (resized).jpg
kitty (resized).jpg
9B1FB179-8DE8-41F5-82FE-852E9D91ADC3 (resized).jpeg
19E09799-5829-4CE1-AF59-6536B5F6FD94 (resized).jpeg

There are 424 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 3 months ago

Blackbeard, that looks fantastic!!!

Great work!

Chris

#352 3 months ago

Does anyone else seafood wheel award extra ball what seems like way too often? I checked my adjustments menu and extra ball was originally set at 33% I changed it down to 10%. Still seems to award extra ball 9/10 times

#353 3 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Does anyone else seafood wheel award extra ball what seems like way too often? I checked my adjustments menu and extra ball was originally set at 33% I changed it down to 10%. Still seems to award extra ball 9/10 times

That’s what makes it fun!
No ball save or multiball so x-ball is king

#354 3 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

That’s what makes it fun!
No ball save or multiball so x-ball is king

Ah I see, it just seemed weird to me because it has essentially the same awards as BoP small wheel and on BoP that stingy thing almost never gives me extra ball, that one like to light jackpot and 50k lol

#355 3 months ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Yes. On a game the other night it awarded extra ball on all 7 Seafood Wheel spins.

I can't find a setting anywhere for the 'randomness' of this.

Chris

#356 3 months ago

if any one is looking to sell , I'm interested!

1 week later
#357 3 months ago

Have a weird issue going on with my Badcats. Game plays fine the large majority of the time with no issues. However, it seems like once it's on for a longer period of time; some of the coils will start to lose power / strength -- specifically flipper and/or the trough eject coil. I've had it where the ball will get stuck in the lane between the trough and shooter lane. I've tried bending the metal ramp slightly to fix this, which seemed to help a bit; but it felt more of a band-aid fix. Any reason or things to check as to why it might be losing power?

#358 3 months ago

Anyone try pulling the Mylar on a bad cats?

Really debating it. Just nervous about decals coming up. I’ve froze off a pinbots Mylar without issue.

Anyone try bad cats?

#359 3 months ago

if anyone wants to part ways with theirs let me know, I have a guys traveling from Chicago to east coast (NY, etc.) and then back down south and then out west. I should be able to have it picked up soon.

#360 3 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Anyone try pulling the Mylar on a bad cats?
Really debating it. Just nervous about decals coming up. I’ve froze off a pinbots Mylar without issue.
Anyone try bad cats?

My Bad Cats never had Mylar, but I wish it did. All my system 11s with factory Mylar look better. Don't risk it.

#361 3 months ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

My Bad Cats never had Mylar, but I wish it did. All my system 11s with factory Mylar look better. Don't risk it.

Yeah, i'll probably just leave it alone I guess.

#362 3 months ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Yea, I learned my lesson when removing mylar from a Mousin Around. Never again.

#363 3 months ago

My Bad Cats only had factory mylar in the sling and pop area. Removing it was not terribly difficult, and aside from one weird defect that was surely fixed at the factory (documented in my restore thread) I didn't lose much if any art on the playfield. The inserts, however, were a different story: if you pull mylar you should expect all the insert graphics to need rework.

Personally if the PF is clean flat enough I would leave it alone. The only reason I removed the mylar is because my kids and I custom-painted the playfield so it needed to be preserved under clear, which meant the mylar had to go.

#364 3 months ago

I just hate the black dirt line around the parameter of the mylar.

#365 3 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I just hate the black dirt line around the parameter of the mylar.

Use a toothpick and gently scrape it away. You can drag the toothpick along the edge without lifting the Mylar. I do this to all my games upon acquisition and by the time I'm done you can't tell the mylar is there.

If one portion does happen to lift because of the dirt, carefully trim the edge back with an xacto knife.

Edit to add: be careful not to poke the dirt further underneath the mylar: Push the point of the toothpick along, following parallel to the edge. Don't push it under the edge. But don't be afraid to use light pressure to lift stubborn gunk; a soft wooden toothpick should dull itself without damaging a pf in good condition.

#366 3 months ago

Good tips. Do you use any cleaner on the toothpick while doing it?

#367 3 months ago

Not normally. My fear is that any cleaner might wick under the mylar or otherwise react with any adhesive present at the edge, weakening it or causing other future problems.

Once the gunk is gone simply wipe down the edge as you would normally otherwise.

#368 86 days ago

For anyone who has upgraded your ramps: How did you reattach the switches?

I'm assuming one needs to drill out the old rivets holding the switches onto the old ramps.. and then reattach the switches to new ramps.

I don't have a rivet press. Anyone find tiny screws and nuts that may work?

#369 84 days ago

I didn'tt replace the ramps on my BC because I was able to repair them. That said, I've had to replace a couple rivets on other machines and it's more or less as you said: carefully drill the flanged section to get it out. To fasten the switch or gate or whatever without a rivet press, you will have to find suitable screws and nuts. Every situation is different in terms of clearance. Take your switch bracket and old rivet to your local mom&pop hardware store (Ace, Do-It-Best, whatever) that has the drawers full of random fasteners... there is usually one with micro/hobby sizes. You might have to get a longer screw with intent to cut it back to fit. Don't forget the nut and lockwasher, and maybe use a dab of lock-tite for good measure if you're worried it would loosen up.

A collector purist will of course frown on exposed screw heads instead of smooth shiny rivets but at the end of the day, it's supposed to work as a fastener: if you can find a nice screw that fits and get it tightened "permanently", what's the problem? Rivets were probably less a cosmetic concern as opposed to the cost benefit of being one piece instead of three (screw+washer+nut).

#370 83 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

For anyone who has upgraded your ramps: How did you reattach the switches?
I'm assuming one needs to drill out the old rivets holding the switches onto the old ramps.. and then reattach the switches to new ramps.
I don't have a rivet press. Anyone find tiny screws and nuts that may work?

There are some tiny bolts and nuts you can use. I used to use them to reattach the button plates on stern le lock bars when I used to plate them.

#371 82 days ago

Welp she’s done. Came out terrific. And the paint color match was spot on.

Next to shop pf.

342D9B59-9D3B-48FE-A353-39B42CF7007C (resized).jpeg
#372 82 days ago

Nice Job I hope CPR will make more Playfields soon

#373 82 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Welp she’s done. Came out terrific. And the paint color match was spot on.
Next to shop pf.[quoted image]

You did fantastic!!!

#374 82 days ago

Great job man...!!!...while I don’t miss playing mine...I sure do miss looking at it...the mirror spots in the backglass really make this a pretty, stand out pin...will you be doing the same to RK when I can finally let my first go...!!!???............Joey

#375 82 days ago

Any word if CPR will ever do repro back glasses?

#376 78 days ago

Guys: I am shopping the top side of my bad cats now. I need to replace the 30 or so red star posts.

Does anyone know which size they are or have a link on marco for them? There are a few different types and I don't want to get the incorrect size.

#377 78 days ago

Blackbeard I have the manual which I believe has all that info in it, I can send you a picture if you’d like?

Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys: I am shopping the top side of my bad cats now. I need to replace the 30 or so red star posts.
Does anyone know which size they are or have a link on marco for them? There are a few different types and I don't want to get the incorrect size.

#378 78 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think this covers it edit or maybe not. Maybe the online version is missing a page because I don’t see the plastic posts referenced.
2A8BC28F-1EC1-4968-9973-9A1942662FC5 (resized).png

#379 78 days ago

Thanks for the reply. I checked my manual too and didn't see them listed.

I know a few on here have redone pfs, so I'm hoping they'll chime in.

#380 78 days ago

I just measured the posts I removed and looked on Marco / PBL for the same sizes. Height wise I think there are only two (maybe three?) different sizes for the common star posts in primary colors, so there's not too much to get mixed up.

Just make sure you account for the fact there ARE different heights, and count every post you removed! It's when you don't realize that one or two posts were an extra 1/16" tall, that you eat the shipping for a second order

#381 78 days ago

This is from the parts catalog -

Not sure if it helps, but maybe it will give a reference? Looks like 03-7542-9 is correct. They should be 1 1/16".

P.S - Orange posts look amazing on a Bad Cats too, just sayin

Chris

bad cats post (resized).png
bad cats post 2 (resized).png

#382 78 days ago

You got the sizes so you’ll have to decide what you want. On Gerry’s we used a mix of orange most areas with red at drops and amber in a few select areas. I don’t have a count but should be able to see them all here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-playfield-swap-ii-youre-one-bad-cat#post-5303506

#383 78 days ago

Thanks guys.

More issues. Those little standoffs are breaking. I know they have locktite but they still snap.

Anyone have a link?

D7B2DD8F-72B0-4947-A2F6-8A340298770F (resized).jpeg
#384 78 days ago

Just get new t nuts and studs.

#385 78 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Just get new t nuts and studs.

It’s the studs (the metal posts that are snapping) that I don’t know where to
Find. Not sure the part number. And it’s funny I just saw a post somewhere on here with a link to them but I can’t find it.

#386 78 days ago

Heat the t-nut with a solder iron before loosening.

#387 78 days ago

I’ve attached a few pics of the stud. Seems to be 2” long and 1/8” in diameter.

Any one have any clue?

19E09799-5829-4CE1-AF59-6536B5F6FD94 (resized).jpeg9B1FB179-8DE8-41F5-82FE-852E9D91ADC3 (resized).jpeg
#388 77 days ago

Forget if they’re 6 or 8-32 but should be easy for you to confirm. If 8-32:
https://www.pinballlife.com/machine-poststud-02-4425-2.html
If 6-32:
https://www.pinballlife.com/machine-poststud-530-5012-02.html

#389 77 days ago

Just for reference, Planetary has the full parts catalogs online which are sometimes awesome for finding this stuff.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK

The red book covers Bad Cats (as well as many other titles).

Chris

#390 77 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Forget if they’re 6 or 8-32

Generally speaking, use an 8-32 if it goes through a post or standoff that gets hit by a ball. 6-32 for posts that just hold stuff up and don't get hit: plastics, etc.

#391 77 days ago

Good call. For original reference: On Gerry’s BC, the only 8-32 were on the top side.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-playfield-swap-ii-youre-one-bad-cat#post-5297381

#392 77 days ago

I bought a bunch of each size.

1 month later
#393 40 days ago

Just picked up my Bad Cats, are there any good Toppers for it.

#394 40 days ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Only Topper is a plastic set you can purchase from Classic Playfield Reproductions. Congratulations on your BC

#395 39 days ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

The best toppers are the ones that climb up there.They fit the theme lol!

#396 39 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Yes, go with the bio-topper...

kitty (resized).jpg

#397 37 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Quoted from JeffZee:

Yes, go with the bio-topper...

Agreed! They come in different colors and you can even accessorize them with collars and bells.

9b9964f759d28fd39dfe40d56f0ce97006b52b34 (resized).jpg

#398 36 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Agreed! They come in different colors and you can even accessorize them with collars and bells.
[quoted image]

If your bio topper didn't come on the game, check inside

Calvin pinball (resized).jpg

#399 36 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

If your bio topper didn't come on the game, check inside
[quoted image]

Be careful not to flip that switch, unless you want a fried cat topper!

#400 36 days ago

Shopping a bad cats now. Tilt the pinball cat is helping.... I think.

IMG_20200212_233231 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 19.99
3,300 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Asheville, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
2,825 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
There are 424 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside