New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 93100)

Bad Cats - Everyone Welcome

By gumnut01

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 538 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 153 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E217DB45-1E3F-4513-981F-E3A26A5A9DC8 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
91B1AA7E-02EE-43A0-86AC-25956C76B9CA (resized).jpeg
rg2 (resized).jpg
rg1 (resized).jpg
BOP (resized).png
Bad Kitty (resized).JPG
5 Shed light during plunger shot (resized).JPG
4 Shed light (resized).JPG
1 Daytime, lit during game play (resized).JPG
3 Backboard, machine off (resized).JPG
2 Backboard, machine on. (resized).JPG
Bad Cat Elmer 3 (resized).jpg
Bad Cats shed cat (resized).JPG
garfield (resized).png
BC 7 (resized).JPG
BC 6 (resized).JPG

There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 10 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yes. Classic Arcades. Outside of the color being a little off, I thought they're good quality.
Then again, this is my first decal job.

Once on the machine, it actually looks pretty good. And when they are all the same the color will look even as well. Can't wait to see the rest! Well done on the coin door!

Chris

#302 10 months ago

About to lay the right side decal, and noticed the art is wrong. It’s got the cat in the front when it should be the dog.

The correct way is dog in front on right side, and cat In front on left side.

I have a call into Classic Arcades. And what happens if he sends new decals but they don’t match color to coin door decal already laid?!

On the plunger lane side, the dog should be in front. Look at mine:
13EF869B-A4C1-424B-A900-7367136C37B6 (resized).jpeg

#303 10 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

About to lay the right side decal, and noticed the art is wrong. It’s got the cat in the front when it should be the dog.
I have a call into Classic Arcades. And what happens if he sends new decals but they don’t match color to coin door decal already laid?!
[quoted image]

That's sad. How can he care so little about what he puts out?

#304 10 months ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That's sad. How can he care so little about what he puts out?

I’m very frustrated. I’m concerned about him sending a replacement, and the color is off compared to coin door, which is installed, and the left side decal (not installed yet) And if that does happen, (replacement color is off), will he send all new? I’d have to redo my coin door!

He’s sent me a few messages in ebay. Said he’ll see what went wrong, but nothing more than that. Very short answer. Not even an apology.

I am going to believe he’ll make this right. I spent a lot of money on these decals and invested a ton of time.

#305 10 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

[quoted image]

So instead of creating the second side of artwork he just reversed the image? Sheesh. I am sorry this has been such a hassle for you Honestly, I probably would not have even noticed the error, but I'm pretty dumb like that. LOL

I hope he can make it right for you but given the track record I am uncertain. Try to have a good weekend anyway.

Chrris

#306 10 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

So instead of creating the second side of artwork he just reversed the image? Sheesh. I am sorry this has been such a hassle for you Honestly, I probably would not have even noticed the error, but I'm pretty dumb like that. LOL
I hope he can make it right for you but given the track record I am uncertain. Try to have a good weekend anyway.
Chrris

Exactly. It’s just the mirror image. I noticed the error as I was looking at bad cats pics online in trying to line up mine for application. Something wasn’t right!!

What’s odd is I’ve looked at others’ bad cats cab restores where they used CA decals, and they seem correct. Maybe it was still Planetary Pinball then. Idk.

Really hoping I don’t have to redo the coin door due to mismatched colors.

I’ve been a customer for years with CA so I have hope.

#308 10 months ago
Quoted from woody76:

blackbeard
you could have this one
ebay.com link

Haha. Good find.

Still haven’t heard anything from CA. Then again it’s Saturday. Stinks cause this weekend was for decals.

Having a HELLEVA time getting this old tape off. Tried heat..eh. Now trying goof off.

Anyone have any suggestions?
40DD8576-EFE8-4AC2-8DF7-11D7A9C36487 (resized).jpeg

#309 10 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

[quoted image]

Is it possible you just have the left side decal laid on the right side of the cabinet and the right decal off in the background? If the art isn't tapered, that could be the whole issue. Just a thought, as I haven't seen them in person.

#310 10 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Is it possible you just have the left side decal laid on the right side of the cabinet and the right decal off in the background? If the art isn't tapered, that could be the whole issue. Just a thought, as I haven't seen them in person.

Art is tapered. On both pieces, cat is in front. It’s simply incorrect.

#311 10 months ago

double sided sticky tape

#312 10 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

double sided sticky tape

Yes. Tons of goof off and elbow grease.

#313 10 months ago

It would be nice if somebody could scan the cabinet decals before applying them...

#314 10 months ago

Nothing from Classic arcades Yet.

#315 10 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Nothing from Classic arcades Yet.

Just go with mirco Rad Cals you will be a happier Beard!

#316 10 months ago

And you will not get low spots with rad cals .

8A311AFD-DE12-4063-9509-477AD2E0F31D (resized).jpeg
#317 10 months ago

Or just go with this
ebay.com link » Beautifully Restored Bad Cats 1989 Williams Pinball Machine New Playfield

#318 10 months ago

That’s not a low spot. That’s was a hole for a bolt that wasnt cut yet.

Can’t just go elsewhere. I have money invested here.

8FC7E2BC-1097-408C-9851-35153F05D11E (resized).jpeg
#319 10 months ago

Dude that sucks you had to have this happen. What's ever weirder is mine were correct! It almost looks like someone just mirrored one side image when printing them this time. Hopefully an honest mistake that is easily fixed. Worst case you could try to say yours is the "mirror cat LE". But I agree, CA should definitely step up here. It's an obvious error with a simple fix and they don't even need to reprint the full set. Hopefully they're just away for the weekend.

#320 10 months ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Dude that sucks you had to have this happen. What's ever weirder is mine were correct! It almost looks like someone just mirrored one side image when printing them this time. Hopefully an honest mistake that is easily fixed. Worst case you could try to say yours is the "mirror cat LE". But I agree, CA should definitely step up here. It's an obvious error with a simple fix and they don't even need to reprint the full set. Hopefully they're just away for the weekend.

That’s exactly what I told classic arcades that it had looked like it was just a mirror image. I have confidence that he’ll make it right. I just wish he would be a little more responsive to me and at least offer some sort of an apology. I spent a lot of money on these decals

#321 10 months ago

Looks like you ended up 2 of the same left side.

#322 10 months ago

Bet you some other BC owner has two right-sided decals. Or maybe Classic Arcades has them sitting in inventory.

#323 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

Or just go with this
ebay.com link » Beautifully Restored Bad Cats 1989 Williams Pinball Machine New Playfield

I’ll have some of what he’s smoking. “And for $300 I’ll include new decals!” And for 400-500 you can get it shipped to you! I would have thought with that extra 10k over what it’s worth he’d be able to have new decals and shipping included!

#324 10 months ago

Jeff messages and said he’s working on the art now.

My guess is he just mirrored both sides. In pics of other CA decals, they were Correct. I wonder if this was a new batch that just had a mistake in them

#325 10 months ago

I feel the mirco Rad cals are worth the money rad cals are awesome

#326 10 months ago

Jeff just said decal was corrected and it’s printing today.

He was fast to correct the issue and I give them accolades for that

#327 10 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Jeff just said decal was corrected and it’s printing today.
He was fast to correct the issue and I give them accolades for that

Did he correct the orange?

#328 10 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#329 10 months ago

He can’t in mine cause I’ve already laid the coin door decal so I need them to match.

One thing that’s rubbed me the wrong way about it is he never once apologized or said sorry for the inconvenience or anything

#330 10 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

He can’t in mine cause I’ve already laid the coin door decal so I need them to match.
One thing that’s rubbed me the wrong way about it is he never once apologized or said sorry for the inconvenience or anything

So he is only sending you the right side?

#331 10 months ago

So he is only sending you the right side?

I believe so. His contacts are very short.

My concern I shared with him was that it would match with the ones I already have. He said it’s the same color.

I guess I’ll wait and see.

#332 10 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

I feel the mirco Rad cals are worth the money rad cals are awesome

Yes, we get it. You have made this ABUNDANTLY clear in this thread.

He is not getting Radcals. He already has time and money invested in this. Hopefully the replacement art will be correct and we can see Blackbeard's progress on his great machine!

Chris

#333 10 months ago

Well got the left side done. Just need to trim it up a bit. And cut out areas for cab protectors.

4608C0D1-124F-4DE7-A467-AE694C65E987 (resized).jpeg
#334 10 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Well got the left side done. Just need to trim it up a bit. And cut out areas for cab protectors.[quoted image]

Looks fantastic!!!

Chris

#335 10 months ago

Looks fantastic!!!
Chris

Thanks! It's been an awesome project. Do you know what kind of "paint pen" one would use on the corners?

Next will be the backbox, and it will be difficult. It needs to be sanded and bondo'd. Also painted the same color as the cab decals with a sprayer. I am looking at harbor freight turbine sprayers.

#336 10 months ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Hi, I have the files already set up for bad cats. All I need to do is to match the colors. My problem is that I do not own a game so hard to compare. Maybe someone can send me a pic of their cabinet sides so I can compare with my file. I can put any pantone color or otherwise measured color into the printer software. Just need to know where to go to..
Regards,
Mirco

Hi Mirco!

What about the playfield? Would be nice to have a limited run of Bad Cats playfield. Im in if you decide to do so.

#337 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballphotos:

Hi Mirco!
What about the playfield? Would be nice to have a limited run of Bad Cats playfield. Im in if you decide to do so.

Charles order the rad cals too!

1 week later
#338 9 months ago

Well finally got the last decal on. All in all, came out better than expected.

I have a question however in regards to installing the side rails with tape. I've cleaned the old tape off, but I forgot to take a picture of where the tape was on the rail... as in, was it closer to the bottom of the rail? The middle? ALso, did it run the whole span of the rail, right up (and perhaps past) the flipper button area?
Should've taken pics.

Can anyone add some help?

#339 9 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I have a question however in regards to installing the side rails with tape. I've cleaned the old tape off, but I forgot to take a picture of where the tape was on the rail... as in, was it closer to the bottom of the rail? The middle? ALso, did it run the whole span of the rail, right up (and perhaps past) the flipper button area?
Should've taken pics.

Glad to hear you got them on. Did you get a corrected decal from Jeff?

Chris

#340 9 months ago

Glad to hear you got them on. Did you get a corrected decal from Jeff?
Chris

Yes. Same color so it matched.

#341 9 months ago

Congratulations! It’s a ton of work but results are worth the effort.

Tape: is just make sure you have it close to the edge. It not all the way at edge. Length: just run it the length close to the flipper buttons. They’ll hold it tight there.

#342 9 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Should've taken pics.

I just did mine, used double sided carpet tape , applied close to the lower edges. Worked out great

20191220_214855 (resized).jpg
#343 9 months ago

Thanks.

Was just wondering if I should put any tape between flipper button and The little bolt?

#344 9 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Thanks.
Was just wondering if I should put any tape between flipper button and The little bolt?

You could but I didnt, there wasn't any there originally, sure was a bitch to get that black crap off the rails though, carpet tape is alot thinner also

#345 9 months ago

Cab is done! Thrilled with the results. Backbox is sanded and being patched.

99169174-297B-4A94-B55A-D1D55E30AFA5 (resized).jpegE526200A-1568-4D0D-BDD3-B9186D76A86E (resized).jpeg
#346 9 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Cab is done! Thrilled with the results. Backbox is sanded and being patched.[quoted image][quoted image]

Headless Bad Cats looks good.

#347 9 months ago

I’d say those colors are actually a pretty good match, here’s mine which was a silkscreened example, definitely seen better days but nothing horrible on it and colors stayed the same

5B2525A7-EA96-40D6-BCC5-FA12B1A984DC (resized).jpeg
#348 9 months ago

I think as long as the head and cab decals match, it’s fine.

These decals were nice to work with. Not super thin. And props to Classic Arcades for switching out the incorrect art timely.

#349 9 months ago

Looks great, your decals went on nice, I will be bringing my cab over to Dmacy tomorrow, he did my playfield swap, hopefully I will have mine up and running tomorrow. I also used the same decals, honestly I am pretty happy with the color, my cab was really faded. Put my decals on dry, was easier than I expected. Will be some nice Bad Cats for both of us! I'll post pics later

#350 9 months ago

So my linear target has been inoperative for as long as I can remember and I kept telling myself it was probably just a dirty opto. Well I have exciting news. Yesterday I was playing it and I hit the target and out of no where the fish bone us target lit. It only went to 25k but that means it is still functioning and I have to suck it up and take those ramps out to get at it. Even though it wasn’t working “right” it felt really exciting to have it light up lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Paramount, CA
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 19.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 538 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside