20240303_160006 (resized).jpg
20240303_160214 (resized).jpg
IMG_2876 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2877 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3400 (resized).JPG
IMG_2971.jpeg
IMG_2875 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 28.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

talking about gameplay, of course not ! very simple sys 11, no MB, barry oursler typicals ramps hurry up... nothing here for hardcore players
i own it because it was a gift for my sister, who's like to play pinball and she's in love with cats
now the theme is top, the water plan, the animated backbox... and than, seeing your avatar, you should found some love for it

I was pulling your chain! Nice story. I actually have my BadCats at HEP being restored!

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Is it really that good?

We are all different, but for me this is the game that I will bring on my final journey. .

3 weeks later
#153 4 years ago

My wife and I purchased a Bad Cats

I really enjoy this pin

We will need a set of plastics and both ramps. I will post photos of our repair work.

#154 4 years ago

I bought Bad Cats about 20 years ago and it was in storage for the last 10.
I just recently pulled it out of storage and had it serviced with every intention of selling it.

After a few hours of play last night I came back to my senses and quite possibly will be getting a second machine soon. (after I buy something nice for the wife of course !)

It was a riot watching my daughters boyfriend, first time ever playing a pinball machine, trying to figure it out.
She had to drag him away !

IMG_2187 (resized).jpgIMG_2187 (resized).jpg
#155 4 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Slick, Jazzy music with just a hint of sultry sexiness...so great
mmmeoww!

Aren't you building one from scratch Cosmo? Thought I remember reading that somewhere. How's that coming along? I'd love to own one of these, but owners love to hold onto them...for good reason.

#156 4 years ago
20190814_153134 (resized).jpg20190814_153134 (resized).jpg
#157 4 years ago

I will need an apron too. Something happened to the Williams logo

#158 4 years ago

My bad cat hanging out on my Bad Cats.

Phoenix BC (resized).jpgPhoenix BC (resized).jpg
#159 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My bad cat hanging out on my Bad Cats.[quoted image]

BAD kitty!

#160 4 years ago

I keep my BAD CAT in good company!

2D6F9020-7433-4311-B54E-D443864CBDFE (resized).jpeg2D6F9020-7433-4311-B54E-D443864CBDFE (resized).jpeg34FEF010-17DE-488B-A36B-F577DF038595 (resized).jpeg34FEF010-17DE-488B-A36B-F577DF038595 (resized).jpeg
#161 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My wife and I purchased a Bad Cats
I really enjoy this pin
We will need a set of plastics and both ramps. I will post photos of our repair work.

I sell a full set of plastic protectors if you're interested.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I sell a full set of plastic protectors if you're interested.

Thanks I will send you a PM. I contacted CPR and asked about plastics and do they have a playfield I could purchase.

The answer they gave me here is a link to the plastics they have in stock and never answered my question about an replacement playfield.....

#163 4 years ago

What is it with cats and Bad Cats?

f6fd4a79d7d1f831c785cd41e7a1a4a940e582ce.jpgf6fd4a79d7d1f831c785cd41e7a1a4a940e582ce.jpg

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I will need an apron too. Something happened to the Williams logo

If you find 2 aprons, can you let me know? I need one as well

I thought someone made repros of these, but I can't seem to find the thread now.

Chris

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

What is it with cats and Bad Cats?
[quoted image]

Not sure, but it seems to be a trend...….

Calvin pinball (resized).jpgCalvin pinball (resized).jpg

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Not sure, but it seems to be a trend...….
[quoted image]

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Thanks I will send you a PM. I contacted CPR and asked about plastics and do they have a playfield I could purchase.
The answer they gave me here is a link to the plastics they have in stock and never answered my question about an replacement playfield.....

I was on the pre-order list for 5 years before CPR finally made the playfields. To my knowledge, they sold out pretty quick.

With the new manufacturing model, CPR might end up running the again in the not too distant future.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I looked many months for a CPR Bad Cats PF. I think they’re practically unobtainium Maybe lots of people have then stash away in closets. I finally found one, but paid big bucks!

#169 4 years ago

I bought 2 CPR Bad Cats playfields. I actually have 2 BC's. Not sure I'll be able to do a playfield swap on both of them, as one is really nice.

Any idea of what a CPR playfield is worth today?

Let me know.
Thanks!
Kerry

1 week later
#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I bought 2 CPR Bad Cats playfields. I actually have 2 BC's. Not sure I'll be able to do a playfield swap on both of them, as one is really nice.
Any idea of what a CPR playfield is worth today?
Let me know.
Thanks!
Kerry

I have no idea what a new playfield would cost. Its disappointing that CPR has said in my email they have no plans of making anymore Bad Cats playfields. I thought in a post on pinside CPR could produce a single playfield with there new technology they have.

I was away on vacation the last 10 days. I moved bad cats to the basement. I'm not sure when I will do any repairs on it. I will continue to see what parts are needed to make the repairs. First purchase will be new ramps amd Comet LED's.

Has anyone added LED's to the Seafood wheel? What did you use for bulbs?

#171 4 years ago

Anyone know what color orange was used on the cabinet? The head is faded and the cabinet is not.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Aren't you building one from scratch Cosmo? Thought I remember reading that somewhere. How's that coming along? I'd love to own one of these, but owners love to hold onto them...for good reason.

Yes, still collecting parts, but I have all the main pieces (populated playfield,lamp panel with animation,transformer, back glass, new cabinet etc).
I still need some harnesses, a board set and im sure a lot more than I can recall right now.
I have a few WPC projects in front of BC so I should have plenty of time to get the rest of the parts.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Anyone know what color orange was used on the cabinet? The head is faded and the cabinet is not.

I am not sure what the actual color values are. But mismatching is more common than you might think on this title, as WMS made painted and decaled versions of the cabinet... and then mixed them up. You can have a decaled cab with painted head (as I do), painted cab with decaled head, or matching units of paint or decals.

Generally it seems the decals were made to present a slightly "hot" or dayglo effect that could not be achieved with the direct-print (painted) cabs. And yet they were mix-matched so go figure. But the decals are what fade to yellow, whereas the paint does not.

When I restored mine I found that the orange values were all over the place. I found the original orange protected and shielded by the head brackets, and it was "hot". The repros I got from Classic Arcade were dull, somewhere between the painted head and the "hot" part of the decals. I was not happy but nobody else was making them. But then, even the speaker panel hue did not match any of the other oranges: hot, painted, repro, or otherwise! And when I later made my own special apron, I discovered commercial printers can struggle with getting a specific "orange"...

...And yet for their non-identical discrepancies, they're still pretty close overall... so in the end I redecaled the cabinet, kept the painted head, and just took the various hue values as part of this game's personality, kind of like fur on an orange tabby.

#174 4 years ago

I have a painted cabinet & head (earlier production?) and another with decals (highly faded and torn corners).

The painted version is all orange, no black paint inside the head. The decaled version has black inside the head. I actually prefer the black painted contrast better.

I have 2 new CPR repo playfields and 1 set of decals. My plan is to redo them both, just not sure when, as I have 2-3 other games ahead of them.

Bad Cats is a GREAT game!

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

The painted version is all orange, no black paint inside the head. The decaled version has black inside the head. I actually prefer the black painted contrast better.

Huh, my painted head has black paint inside. I assume yours has the black trim edges on the front face, right? The black insides naturally follow that.

I wonder how many *more* paint variants there are??

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Look into createx transparent paints for this.

https://createxcolors.com/airbrush-colors/transparent-colors/5119.html

Clay of This Old Pinball fame showed a video of a friend of his using these types of paints to restore the reds in a BSD cab, the orange and yellow of a faded Williams IJ. Seemed to work extremely well. You just paint over the existing color. You can even overlap it over the black since it is translucent. I'm more of a leave it be kind of collector, but if I was going to try and fix what you're describing, I'd give that a shot.

#177 4 years ago

Thank you everyone for the helpful information I hope to restore this pin in the near future. I have a new playfield I can purchase in the next 6 months

#178 4 years ago

Here’s a pic of my game with black accented head and stenciled painted cab.
And a pic of my buddies game orange head and stenciled cab.
I prefer the black but all orange looks good too.
25C145C1-F9D7-47F4-93C5-0025099DF1AE (resized).png25C145C1-F9D7-47F4-93C5-0025099DF1AE (resized).pngE79FE386-2A34-43A6-808E-5746DFCF1A8D (resized).pngE79FE386-2A34-43A6-808E-5746DFCF1A8D (resized).png

#179 4 years ago

When I look at my backbox the sides look like they are painted yellow. The cabinet does not have a decal on it. I wonder what was going on during production??

#180 4 years ago

Anyone have a nice fishbowl ramp for sale ?

#181 4 years ago

I wonder why they made some back box orange and some black? Luckily I got one that’s black cause while I may be a little biased, I think it helps balance out all the orange.

DB6210F2-68CC-4897-A740-281ADFA8A0CB (resized).jpegDB6210F2-68CC-4897-A740-281ADFA8A0CB (resized).jpeg
#182 4 years ago

goingincirclez and freddy:

Freddy... my BC is like your buddies (2nd picture) all orange. There is no black anywhere. I actually prefer the black paint inside the head, vs all orange. However, that game has no decals. I think it's an earlier production, so I'm inclined to leave it that way vs. painting the inside head black.

#183 4 years ago

OK all those cab color combos are pretty interesting! I've never seen an all-orange one before. Mine has black trim around the head as well as inner cabinet:

20190831_183105 (resized).jpg20190831_183105 (resized).jpg

20190831_183114 (resized).jpg20190831_183114 (resized).jpg

20190901_111149 (resized).jpg20190901_111149 (resized).jpg

You can make out a show-trip battle-scar on the lower left corner of the head. That (along with pre-existing damage I fixed) proves the head is painted. I'm essentially the second owner of this formerly heavily routed and destroyed game and have no reason to suspect the head/cab were ever swapped. Actually, the guy I got this from had TWO Bad Cats, and both had decaled lower cabs, both of which were nearly *completely* faded yellow.

Here's mine showing as found, note the decal chipping around the legs. My own cats of course claimed their cameos...

Bruce (resized).jpgBruce (resized).jpg

Shelby (resized).jpgShelby (resized).jpg

Decals (resized).jpgDecals (resized).jpg

For anyone interested, my restoration is documented here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-taking-my-kids-down-with-me-by-resurrecting-bad-cats

#184 4 years ago

Actually, given this discussion it's probably as good a place and time as any to say:

- I had to buy the full cabinet decal set, but didn't use the head decals right away. Well, now that 16 months have passed I can safely say I don't think I ever will. There's only so many of the painted ones around, and mine's decent enough to preserve.

So if someone has a "yellow head / orange cab" machine and wants just the head decals, I'll sell my leftover head set for less than the full machine cost. They are the Classic Arcades set. As mentioned, the orange isn't likely to be "perfect" but it's better than yellow!

#185 4 years ago

I just have a hard time with the repro cab art it looks brownish to me
Should be orange . Give me a stenciled cab any day over that brownstuff there pushing

#186 4 years ago

Is there a website that offers a stencil kit for BC??

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Is there a website that offers a stencil kit for BC??

Ask the Pinball pimp if he doesn’t have it he may be able to make it

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Ask the Pinball pimp if he doesn’t have it he may be able to make it

Thanks.....I will let the group know if its available.

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

OK all those cab color combos are pretty interesting! I've never seen an all-orange one before. Mine has black trim around the head as well as inner cabinet:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
You can make out a show-trip battle-scar on the lower left corner of the head. That (along with pre-existing damage I fixed) proves the head is painted. I'm essentially the second owner of this formerly heavily routed and destroyed game and have no reason to suspect the head/cab were ever swapped. Actually, the guy I got this from had TWO Bad Cats, and both had decaled lower cabs, both of which were nearly *completely* faded yellow.
Here's mine showing as found, note the decal chipping around the legs. My own cats of course claimed their cameos...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
For anyone interested, my restoration is documented here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-taking-my-kids-down-with-me-by-resurrecting-bad-cats

I miss bad cats. I hope to one day own a nice example to keep. Both of the ones I had were beaters but this one that you brought back was the worse of the two by far. I still can’t believe how well it turned out! It makes me smile every time I see it.

#190 4 years ago

My wife and I had been looking for one for two years. We did find two that was in terrible condition. One of them was an hour from us and the owner wanted 3k. We tried asking them to reduce the price for a week and they said no. This one came from the west coast from an arcade. The ramps are terrible condition. This weekend we did a topside teardown. Installed LEDs and titan rubbers for now. When we get the spare cash we will buy new ramps.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

My wife and I had been looking for one for two years. We did find two that was in terrible condition. One of them was an hour from us and the owner wanted 3k. We tried asking them to reduce the price for a week and they said no. This one came from the west coast from an arcade. The ramps are terrible condition. This weekend we did a topside teardown. Installed LEDs and titan rubbers for now. When we get the spare cash we will buy new ramps.

New ramps make it pop!

#192 4 years ago

I received an email from pinball pimp. They said they would not be making a stencil for Bad Cats because it's too much detail to hold with the stencil....

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I received an email from pinball pimp. They said they would not be making a stencil for Bad Cats because it's too much detail to hold with the stencil....

Wow that sux!

#194 4 years ago

I'm going to try and match the cabinet color and repaint the head.

20190904_092405 (resized).jpg20190904_092405 (resized).jpg
#195 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm going to try and match the cabinet color and repaint the head.

MY BC is the exact opposite, orange over yellow. Too bad we're not closer.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

MY BC is the exact opposite, orange over yellow. Too bad we're not closer.

sounds like a head trading exscurion.

#197 4 years ago

Who gets the all yellow one?

#198 4 years ago

I'll take the yellow one, it actually is bequested to my granddaughter and she prefers yellow.

#199 4 years ago

I wished you were closer and I would be happy to swap heads. I wished someone from William's could tell the group was this part of the production. I just find it odd the head faded and the cabinet did not. Both the head and cabinet are stenciled......

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I wished you were closer and I would be happy to swap heads. I wished someone from William's could tell the group was this part of the production. I just find it odd the head faded and the cabinet did not. Both the head and cabinet are stenciled......

Come on guys. Meet half way. Make this Cinderella story come true. It's pinside fate.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-everyone-welcome/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.