IMG_2863 (resized).JPG
imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_2507 (resized).JPG
GI_relay_b (resized).jpg
6 Bad Cats with Playfield Protector (resized).JPG
Bad Cats - 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2766 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,440 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.
#1401 87 days ago
Quoted from andylama:

Thanks for that.
As for the PF GI relay, I figure the wires go through the C to NC contacts of the relay, but is it:
YEL --> YEL/WHT
VIO --> VIO/WHT
I really want to restore the wires to 'factory order' on a new connector.
Thanks again!

Is this of any help?

IMG_2507 (resized).JPGIMG_2507 (resized).JPG
#1402 87 days ago

Yes, thank you!

I found a couple other pictures in Google Image Searches, but they showed the wires in different orders.
Yours tells me that X/X/VIO/YEL/KEY/VIO/YEL seems to be the majority configuration.

Thanks again,
A

1 week later
#1403 76 days ago

I did some work on a Bad Cats with a burnt out "Woman Motor" and found a suitable replacement! (For the Cat Motor too) Part #14-7954

The manual lists the motor as 6800 rpm, but the original motors in the game I worked on were 8600 rpm! Just some dyslexia in the manual?
With that, it wasn't too hard to find a close enough rpm motor with the same dimensions as the originals. As both motors just operate on quick pulses, the rpm shouldn't be too critical anyway.

Sadly, it's not made anymore, but there's a fair amount of stock floating around still. This motor is 8100 rpm at 24V, and fits perfectly.

Johnson Motor HC385G-304 (NOT the XLG motor they still make)
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/johnson-motor/HC385G-304/12719594
Data sheet https://disti-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/testco-inc/files/datasheets/25280.pdf

Get them while you can?

I hope this brightens up your day if you've been looking for one.

#1404 76 days ago

Ack, I just searched for people needing the motor in this thread and found a post from 3 months ago with the same part! Haha

#1405 76 days ago
Quoted from andylama:

Hi guys,
I've been getting my Cats dialed in, and the game is playing really well. I'm just chasing the last couple of minor ghosts out of the machine.
I'm hoping someone here can help me with these last little nuisances:
1. Solenoid 10 (playfield GI) does nothing. The previous owner meatball-soldered the wires onto the underside of the relay board (WHY?!), and I suspect they are in the wrong places. (see attached picture) I'm going to replace this ruined relay board and re-terminate the wires in a new connector. Can someone confirm the correct wire positions? I can't find that level of detail in the manual schematics.
2. Solenoid 14 (BAD CATS Backglass Flashers x4) also does nothing. All other flashers in the game work fine. Even though the Aux Power board is a modern Kohout reproduction, I suspect the Q5 driver transistor (TIP36C) may be burnt out. Does anyone know of any other components or interconnect points I should look at that might cause these flashers to not fire?
Any advice is much appreciated.
Andy
[quoted image]

I recently had flashers not firing on a Jokerz and it took repinning the connectors to the bottom long interconnect board and reflowing solder on the pins to resolve it.

#1406 76 days ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Ack, I just searched for people needing the motor in this thread and found a post from 3 months ago with the same part! Haha

Heh, yes, I was the one who got lucky as hell and found that part that had the right form factor and 'close enough' specs. Mine have been working perfectly since I installed them.

I bought a couple of extras as future insurance.

#1407 76 days ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

I recently had flashers not firing on a Jokerz and it took repinning the connectors to the bottom long interconnect board and reflowing solder on the pins to resolve it.

Cool, thanks for the insight. I was just thinking that this felt like a loss of continuity somewhere, but hadn't traced it through yet.

#1408 75 days ago
Quoted from andylama:

Heh, yes, I was the one who got lucky as hell and found that part that had the right form factor and 'close enough' specs.

I'm glad we came to the same replacement part. Were the old motors in yours also marked 8600rpm instead of the 6800 listed in the manual?

#1409 75 days ago

IIRC, mine didn't have markings on them. I went by the specs in the parts catalog, then looked for any motor that had similar mounting holes.

3 weeks later
#1410 53 days ago

I am down to the last seafood window in stock....wondering if there is any need to run another batch of these? Anyone not get one that wants one?

#1411 52 days ago

So it begins.

IMG_2863 (resized).JPGIMG_2863 (resized).JPGimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg
#1412 52 days ago

If you want to sell that old playfield let me know I have quite a collection of bad cats PFs

Quoted from radial_head:So it begins.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#1413 52 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

If you want to sell that old playfield let me know I have quite a collection of bad cats PFs

Look at the lower left corner bub. It's getting the full treatment.

#1414 52 days ago

Ah, I had no context at all so I would have never studied that picture to see that. Do see it now, though. Good work

#1415 52 days ago

Looking forward to seeing how your project turns out.

#1416 52 days ago

Hello,all you alley Cats,due to a mistaken purchase,I have a brand new Bad Cats Translite to give away! First member to pm me scores! Its 1:15 my time>GO!!

#1417 52 days ago

did I win did I win did I win !!!?!?!!!

#1418 52 days ago

YES U did!Thank-you everybody that pm,d me!JRCMLC got it!

#1419 52 days ago

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

#1420 52 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

mistaken purchase ... to give away

Real class!

#1421 51 days ago

That's right neighborly!

#1422 47 days ago

Thank-you Both, very much!! Watch this space

#1424 47 days ago

watching as well! LOL

#1425 47 days ago

I am guessing from the complete lack of replies that everyone has gotten what they need on this, so I suppose we'll just do a "list" like I previously did with my TZ 3rd magnet kit before we stocked them all the time. Once we have X # of them on the list we'll make another batch. Shrug

Quoted from jrcmlc:

I am down to the last seafood window in stock....wondering if there is any need to run another batch of these? Anyone not get one that wants one?

#1427 46 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I'd like it but shipping from wherever you are probably going to suck.

For future reference, it was shipped (FedEx eco) from the Netherlands to Colorado Springs for $60,-

#1428 46 days ago

Not bad

Quoted from Numiah:For future reference, it was shipped (FedEx eco) from the Netherlands to Colorado Springs for $60,-

#1429 43 days ago

Radial_head... are you going to post progress here, or make your own thread for your BC's restore?

#1430 40 days ago

OK,all alley cats, another giveaway! Up for grabs is a nib NVRAM for sys.11-a,b,and c! Its 5:38 a.m. cali time! First member to call out,gets it! Free!GO

#1431 40 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

OK,all alley cats, another giveaway! Up for grabs is a nib NVRAM for sys.11-a,b,and c! Its 5:38 a.m. cali time! First member to call out,gets it! Free!GO

I’ll take it

#1432 40 days ago

Freddy gets it! Thanks everybody!!

#1433 40 days ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Radial_head... are you going to post progress here, or make your own thread for your BC's restore?

I'll post the progress here.

Lots of projects happening currently, all at once, so it'll be a slow process. A mortician friend of mine is doing the cabinet and the clear coat. I'm doing the playfield prep and touchups and board work. This one was a mess (barely booting, tons of shit missing) but I think it's going to all come out allllllright.

#1434 40 days ago

Thank you thank you thank you thank you hawkmoon for the translite and extra black sharpie

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1435 39 days ago

Glad U like it!I have NO idea where that sharpie came from! Must have been when U.P.S.shipped it!

#1436 33 days ago

Updates on the cabinet.

imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg
#1437 27 days ago

Would anybody be able to get me a close-up-ish image of the cat coming out of the doghouse on the playfield? Will need to repaint that bit and am looking for a close, straight on, reference image.

Thanks in advance.

#1438 27 days ago

Here. The phone camera distorts color, but I guess you have enough of the original orange left.

IMG_20240624_190436.jpgIMG_20240624_190436.jpg
#1439 25 days ago

Here is one where the elbow is visible. It has a pointy bit.
If you need more from other parts in high resolution, feel free to PM me.

IMG_3256 (resized).JPGIMG_3256 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Machine - For Sale
Phoenixville, PA
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,440 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.