IMG_1907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1904 (resized).jpeg
20240303_160305 (resized).jpg
20240303_160006 (resized).jpg
20240303_160214 (resized).jpg
There are 1,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.
#1051 11 months ago

I need to get new rubbers and nyliner for my vari target. Just to verify, the nyliner is 3/16 and the rubbers should be 3/16" as well? Anyone used titan rubbers for it? I thought maybe that would ensure it last a long time. Do you just use needle nose pliers to pop out the nyliner? Total pain getting to it!

#1052 11 months ago

I think I've mailed everyone's screws or have them in the mail for tomorrow. If anyone still needs some I have half a bag still sitting here. Pm me.

#1053 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I think I've mailed everyone's screws or have them in the mail for tomorrow. If anyone still needs some I have half a bag still sitting here. Pm me.

Thanks man!

If anyone has an OG right sling, the blue plastic that goes over the shooter lane or the plastic for the fish bowl ramp hit me up

#1054 11 months ago

Here is the video footage of my crazy 55 hour roundtrip roadtrip to pick up Python’s personally owned prototype Bad Cats!

#1055 11 months ago

I bought a whole set from absolute pinball in Canada. I think I have a discount code if you want it and with the cad to usd exchange rate it was reasonable I thought.

Several places are selling the ramps.

Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Thanks man!
If anyone has an OG right sling, the blue plastic that goes over the shooter lane or the plastic for the fish bowl ramp hit me up

#1056 11 months ago

I have enough screws left to send 2 people 8 and one person 6 or 2 people 7 and one person 8, or something like that. If anyone still needs them, pm me.

#1057 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I have enough screws left to send 2 people 8 and one person 6 or 2 people 7 and one person 8, or something like that. If anyone still needs them, pm me.

Got mine! Thanks so much!

#1058 11 months ago

Got mine today too! Thanks!

Chris

#1059 11 months ago

Happy to do it. You're welcome.

Got mine! Thanks so much!

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Got mine today too! Thanks!
Chris

#1060 11 months ago

Just picked up this fella, doesn’t boot yet but I’m excited to join the club

IMG_1871 (resized).jpegIMG_1871 (resized).jpegIMG_1872 (resized).jpegIMG_1872 (resized).jpeg
#1061 11 months ago

@skuuun... Congrats on your BC's purchase.

Looks like you got an early production pin (no black on insides of cabinet or head, and silk screened artwork vs. decals.

Have Fun with it

#1062 11 months ago

Good afternoon Bad Cats family! I'm upgrading my machine to LEDs but a wire under the playfield has snapped. Can someone confirm where it goes? Thank you!

D2E21F43-1833-42A4-915A-5A795A4AD087 (resized).jpegD2E21F43-1833-42A4-915A-5A795A4AD087 (resized).jpeg
#1063 11 months ago
Quoted from Bernardspop:

Good afternoon Bad Cats family! I'm upgrading my machine to LEDs but a wire under the playfield has snapped. Can someone confirm where it goes? Thank you!
[quoted image]

Looks to me like it came off of that closest contact, the GI should all daisy-chain off each other. If you look close is there evidence of a broken off wire in the solder?

IMG_1888 (resized).jpegIMG_1888 (resized).jpeg
#1064 11 months ago
Quoted from skuuun:

Looks to me like it came off of that closest contact, the GI should all daisy-chain off each other. If you look close is there evidence of a broken off wire in the solder?
[quoted image]

Thank you!!! I will try it now

Thanks for the help

#1065 11 months ago

It also looks like that wire you’re holding has seen better days, it may be wise to replace it if you have some yellow wire of the same gauge.

#1066 11 months ago

I have 2 yellow flipper bats that I can't use, my flipper brackets wouldn't tighten enough to hold one of them so I pulled them back out, they came from pbl and were $11.xx + shipping. $9 shipped conus.

Williams Logo Flipper Bat And Shaft Assembly #20-9250-6 - Yellow

SKU: 20-9250-6

#1067 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I have 2 yellow flipper bats that I can't use, my flipper brackets wouldn't tighten enough to hold one of them so I pulled them back out, they came from pbl and were $11.xx + shipping. $9 shipped conus.
SKU: 20-9250-6

You need rebuild kit for flippers your brackets are toast!

#1068 11 months ago

Eh... It plays great. I only bought them because I was freshening everything and changing to titan rubbers and wanted everything clean... Mine have some residue from the old rubbers on them. Flippers work great, 100%.

Quoted from freddy:

You need rebuild kit for flippers your brackets are toast!

#1069 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Eh... It plays great. I only bought them because I was freshening everything and changing to titan rubbers and wanted everything clean... Mine have some residue from the old rubbers on them. Flippers work great, 100%.

But your tightening brackets Are at their end Life.
Flipper rebuild and you will notice the difference .

#1070 11 months ago

Yes, I could replace the brackets that work 100% with my existing flippers and I might be able to get the new ones to tighten down on new bats, you're possibly right.

However, my existing flippers work 100%, I got the residue off them, they aren't cracked and there is no reason to change them, thus no reason to do any rebuild and the game plays better than it did new. The "end of life" thing for a solid state part that never moves or gets adjusted is semi funny, but either way, I'm good. And I still have cheap brand new flipper bats available for sale if someone wants them. Cheers.

Quoted from freddy:

But your tightening brackets Are at their end Life.
Flipper rebuild and you will notice the difference .

#1071 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Yes, I could replace the brackets that work 100% with my existing flippers and I might be able to get the new ones to tighten down on new bats, you're possibly right.
However, my existing flippers work 100%, I got the residue off them, they aren't cracked and there is no reason to change them, thus no reason to do any rebuild and the game plays better than it did new. The "end of life" thing for a solid state part that never moves or gets adjusted is semi funny, but either way, I'm good. And I still have cheap brand new flipper bats available for sale if someone wants them. Cheers.

#1073 11 months ago

The rebuild advice is correct. While those linkages may hold the old bats just fine, you likely (definitely) have excessive wear between the plunger and coil stop bracket that you can’t see without taking it apart and comparing to a new part. You likely also have excessive slop between the mechanical linkages causing a less than optimal flipping experience. Completely up to you to do it or not, but your game currently is definitely not playing at its best with worn flipper assemblies (which are more than just the bats)

#1074 11 months ago

I understand. I do, holy crap. I have rebuilt a lot of flippers back before pinball was the $10k per game fad it is now. In truth the coils both could be replaced as well, but the bats weren't/aren't worn, it's like my explanation of why they were being replaced, purely aesthetical, is being ignored. The rubber needed replaced, I didn't want to get into the coils and rebuild everything as it works amazing as it is, so I stopped and tried to get someone a good deal on parts. Ffs.

I don't want to rebuild them now, I'll wait until another unit or 5 needs it done and do a dozen at a time. Until then, there are no metal shavings, there is no significant slop, there is no significant play, it really does play great still.

Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Quoted from Jmckune:

The rebuild advice is correct. While those linkages may hold the old bats just fine, you likely (definitely) have excessive wear between the plunger and coil stop bracket that you can’t see without taking it apart and comparing to a new part. You likely also have excessive slop between the mechanical linkages causing a less than optimal flipping experience. Completely up to you to do it or not, but your game currently is definitely not playing at its best with worn flipper assemblies (which are more than just the bats)

#1075 11 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I understand. I do, holy crap. I have rebuilt a lot of flippers back before pinball was the $10k per game fad it is now. In truth the coils both could be replaced as well, but the bats weren't/aren't worn, it's like my explanation of why they were being replaced, purely aesthetical, is being ignored. The rubber needed replaced, I didn't want to get into the coils and rebuild everything as it works amazing as it is, so I stopped and tried to get someone a good deal on parts. Ffs.
I don't want to rebuild them now, I'll wait until another unit or 5 needs it done and do a dozen at a time. Until then, there are no metal shavings, there is no significant slop, there is no significant play, it really does play great still.
Thanks to everyone for all your help.

Typically coils don’t need to be replaced ,Ohm them before deciding to replace.

#1076 11 months ago

These appear to be one original and one replacement, the wrapper is bleh, and they'll both get done at the same time along with everything else, but that's going to wait until I have multiple machines to do at the same time and I'm in the mood, hence my lack of desire to do any rebuild at all. Probably winter.

#1077 11 months ago

Just to bump this:
I have 2 yellow flipper bats that I can't use, my flipper brackets wouldn't tighten enough to hold one of them so I pulled them back out, they came from pbl and were $11.xx + shipping. $9 shipped conus. Just PM me, venmo, zelle work.

I also have a few more of the seafood wheel screws available for $2 for 8 of them, shipped, also PM me.

#1078 11 months ago

Got my project BC flipping finally! Still having sound issues but I’m getting close to tear down and cleaning time which will include fresh titan rubbers. Anyone have a favorite color scheme? Considering just black or clear but I’m curious what y’all have in your games.

#1079 11 months ago

So my prototype Bad Cats is missing the level to lock the lockdown bar. I’m not even sure how it assembles. Anyone have an idea of where I could purchase a latch or the assembly? So strange.

IMG_8245 (resized).jpegIMG_8245 (resized).jpegIMG_8247 (resized).jpegIMG_8247 (resized).jpeg
#1080 11 months ago

Really like white rubbers and orange and black posts. The white really lightened up the game, along with comet.

Quoted from skuuun:

Got my project BC flipping finally! Still having sound issues but I’m getting close to tear down and cleaning time which will include fresh titan rubbers. Anyone have a favorite color scheme? Considering just black or clear but I’m curious what y’all have in your games.

#1081 11 months ago

I'd check with pinball life and see if they have a system 11 lockdown receiver, id probably just replace the whole thing.

So my prototype Bad Cats is missing the level to lock the lockdown bar. I’m not even sure how it assembles. Anyone have an idea of where I could purchase a latch or the assembly? So strange.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#1082 10 months ago
Quoted from skuuun:

PXL_20230526_032104314.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20230526_032104314.MP (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1083 10 months ago

Anyone have a resource for this board or idea of what is corroding on my 5 opto drop target? The board works except drop target #2 isn’t registering. Marco seems to be out of stock. Any other resources?

IMG_8447 (resized).jpegIMG_8447 (resized).jpegIMG_8448 (resized).jpegIMG_8448 (resized).jpegIMG_8449 (resized).jpegIMG_8449 (resized).jpeg
#1084 10 months ago

I'd check pinballlife

Anyone have a resource for this board or idea of what is corroding on my 5 opto drop target? The board works except drop target #2 isn’t registering. Marco seems to be out of stock. Any other resources?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1085 10 months ago

Playfield cleaner / Wax ? Should be an easy fix to clean it then wash and dry. If any components were damaged they can be replaced, but most likely just a good cleaning should do it. I don't see any signs of corrosion in the picture.

#1086 10 months ago
Quoted from Mthomasslo:

Playfield cleaner / Wax ? Should be an easy fix to clean it then wash and dry. If any components were damaged they can be replaced, but most likely just a good cleaning should do it. I don't see any signs of corrosion in the picture.

Ahh thank you!! I was confused by it too. This makes sense

#1087 10 months ago

That stuff kinda looks like playfield wax that dribbled down and could be gumming up the drop target or blocking the opto beam? It’s possible the opto transmitter or receiver has failed or has a bad connection as well.

2 weeks later
#1088 10 months ago

Does anyone have a source for a replacement seafood wheel cover, the clear plastic piece that fits into the PF there? Or should I just make it.... And if so, what should it be made out of?

#1089 10 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Does anyone have a source for a replacement seafood wheel cover, the clear plastic piece that fits into the PF there? Or should I just make it.... And if so, what should it be made out of?

Des the CPR plastic set come with this? I can check at some point when in the basement again. I know the Playfields come with one, ot at least it was an option.

Chris

#1090 10 months ago

It doesn't. If it's only available with a playfield that's out of production, I'm thinking I'll have some made. My guys are really getting into making pinball stuff. Any thoughts on what the material needs to be?polycarbonate?

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Des the CPR plastic set come with this? I can check at some point when in the basement again. I know the Playfields come with one, ot at least it was an option.
Chris

1 week later
#1091 9 months ago
316FCBD6-BD27-4696-B6A3-9D97FA06F9BB (resized).jpeg316FCBD6-BD27-4696-B6A3-9D97FA06F9BB (resized).jpeg
#1092 9 months ago

Are those bad cats? Lol

#1093 9 months ago

Have any of you had an issue with the tiger ramp return bouncing out of the inlane and into the outlane? I have the original ramps still but they have some cracking around the drop hole. I’ve tried to adjust the position but it hasn’t been able to move far enough. Hoping to grab repro ramps while they’re still available but I’m curious if this is fixable in the meantime.

#1094 9 months ago

I've not had that issue. I'll have my og ramps for sale soon, I have starship units sitting here. Mine are not bad, just not as clear as I'd like and I was ordering from them anyway, so I saved some shipping. Pm me if you're interested.

Quoted from skuuun:

Have any of you had an issue with the tiger ramp return bouncing out of the inlane and into the outlane? I have the original ramps still but they have some cracking around the drop hole. I’ve tried to adjust the position but it hasn’t been able to move far enough. Hoping to grab repro ramps while they’re still available but I’m curious if this is fixable in the meantime.

#1095 9 months ago

I also have both original ramps if you’re interested. In good shape, just a little yellowed as happens to them over time. Just PM if you’re interested.

#1096 9 months ago

That solves the issue of me having to do mine if he wanted my old one LOL I'm still putting off installing them after my Police Force ramp clusterfuck

#1097 9 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

It doesn't. If it's only available with a playfield that's out of production, I'm thinking I'll have some made. My guys are really getting into making pinball stuff. Any thoughts on what the material needs to be?polycarbonate?

I could definitely use a new seafood wheel cover. Let us know if/when you have some made

#1098 9 months ago

Whenever I get in there to do the ramps, I'll pull this and measure it, draw it and see what I can get done. Def. Will post it here.

#1099 9 months ago

I think I’m gonna hold out for the thicker upgraded ramps, but thanks for the offers! I’ve rigged some bumpers to help control it before the drop which seems to be working for now.

Finally finished repairing all the boards, got all the switches working so it’s ready for a top side teardown once I have the time and resources. Looking at all new plastics, star posts, LEDs, rubbers, ramps, and a PF protector in lieu of a CPR or a hardtop.

…but for now just being able to play it feels freaking great

#1100 9 months ago

I found out that if you orer from Starship they will only charge you the real shipping, it's worth emailing them and making sure of this and making sure they refund the difference, but the shipping shows as crazy high....but ends up being fair. I had bad cats and police force ramps shipped at the same time, shipping came to $105, LOL, was refunded $77 of it...which with the size of the box and the packing, is close enough for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,392 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-everyone-welcome/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.