Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by arcademojo
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 41 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180616_103351 (resized).jpg
DSCF1534 (resized).JPG
DSCF1535 (resized).JPG
DSCF1490 (resized).JPG
DSCF1491 (resized).JPG
DSCF1502 (resized).JPG
DSCF1489 (resized).JPG
DSCF1481 (resized).JPG
DSCF1482 (resized).JPG
DSCF1478 (resized).JPG
DSCF1476 (resized).JPG
DSC_0105.JPG
_20171113_000710.JPG
20171112_191735 (resized).jpg
20171112_192734 (resized).jpg
20171112_184622 (resized).jpg

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Just tested again, this time was happening with disc in different position. I will clean opto and then if continues will research switch solution. Will let you know how I go.

#52 4 years ago

Sorry, but this is a shameless plug: http://www.pinballshirts.com/shop/bad-cats-by-python-anghelo

I actually am no longer part of the business, but the shirt is soooo cool...

2 weeks later
#53 4 years ago

Where are the bees? I can see the birds, dogs and cats. But where are the bees? Was Python testing us or is my pin missing something?

#54 4 years ago

I think about that occasionally... Possibly just worded that way due to the term "birds & bees" and actually the original prototype back glass had a condom near the garbage can.

1 week later
#55 4 years ago

Just got a Bad Cats and was hoping for some help on a few issues. The fish bonus plunger is not moving freely, there is some lifting on the back glass near the lift channel, and am looking for a few broken plastics. Any help on what is going on with the plunger, how to treat the back glass, and any leads on plastics is greatly appreciated!!!
Side note, the lady on the back glass has a butterfly on her ass. I assume that standard? I don't have the lucky only one like that?

#56 4 years ago

Take the plunger apart and you'll probably see decayed rubber where there used to be two rubber rings that act like tires. They are post rubbers. Clean out what was there and put new ones on. Good as new. There is a picture of the mech in an earlier post showing the decayed rubber - it turns to a brown gummy goo.

As for backglass, Marco had some in stock last month. Ask them.

#57 4 years ago

I want a Bad Cats, Been looking for a while, Drop me a PM if anyone want to trade or sell one. Looks like
a great game and I love my Cats!

#58 4 years ago

I'd love a bad cats too whenever the playfields are out.

Here's me at PAPA last year playing. It's a great machine!

1 month later
#59 4 years ago

The PF is moving up the ladder. Next one to be screenprinted after Star Trek.
http://www.classicplayfields.com/order.html

#60 4 years ago

Great! Now if someone would sell one.

1 week later
#61 4 years ago

I decided to put my BAD CATS up for sale here is the pinside market link .https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/14690

2 months later
#62 3 years ago

I've joined the club. Doing a shop job first, then I'll share some before and after photos. Mostly just filling gouges, paint touch-ups, de-rusting parts, then playfield strip down/clean. I'm going to leave the mylar and forego the removal/auto-clear that I've done before after careful assessment of the state of it and fear of massive paint loss. I'll just deal with the mismatched color areas, not taking a ME to the other spots, just cleaning.

2 years later
#63 1 year ago

I just have an urge to vent.

By necessity I had to redesign the Linear Target on my Bad Cats due to that the screw broke flush to the rod.
As it turns out, my redesign plays much better then the original target design.

*thumbs up*

Cheers
//Mima

#64 1 year ago

One foul feline!

iphone pics 268 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#65 1 year ago

A few years ago I made a topper using the display that came with the CPR reproduction plastics set. I lightly glued it to a board with clear silicone caulk and back lit it with a modified 25w clip-on lamp I found at Home Depot. Recently I acquired an original standup promo so I redid my topper to include both...

topper-01 (resized).jpg

topper-02 (resized).jpg

topper-03 (resized).jpg

topper-04 (resized).jpg

topper-05 (resized).jpg

topper-06 (resized).jpg

#66 1 year ago

I'm IN.
~Steveo (meow)

Bad Cats (resized).jpg

1 month later
#67 1 year ago

Anyone know what size rubbers and the screw size for these lane change guides?

I had a screw snap and the rubbers I bought from macro bad cats set seem to big.

IMG_20170319_103621 (resized).jpg

#68 1 year ago

The rubber doesn't go around the whole guide. There should be one ring per post (four altogether). Not sure on the size. 5/16" or smaller. I would suggest you get a general assortment of rings to have on hand. Buying a kit is a good starting point, but kits often have errors.

#69 1 year ago

you are very lucky guys i ll be in your club one day this game is very nostalgic for me as the jokers so much love for those two games.
fortunately for me i know someone who keeps his bad cats for me.
so one day i ll be with you

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

The rubber doesn't go around the whole guide. There should be one ring per post (four altogether). Not sure on the size. 5/16" or smaller. I would suggest you get a general assortment of rings to have on hand. Buying a kit is a good starting point, but kits often have errors.

Thank you! I just bought the pin and didn't even know the rubber was installed wrong.

#71 1 year ago

I have received a few emails asking about the Seafood Table window hardware. These parts do not appear to be stocked by the usual pinball parts suppliers and I had no luck finding them at the local hardware store. The picture below shows what you're looking for. As you can see I had to buy in bulk and have more than I'll ever use. If you are missing some of your screws or T-nuts and live in the US I can send you a few.

tnut440-01 (resized).jpg

#72 1 year ago

I miss our Bad Cats. One day one will return.

6 months later
#73 1 year ago

I'm in...!!!...Meow...!!!........Joey

IMG_4019 (resized).JPG

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I'm in...!!!...Meow...!!!........Joey

sure he will love his new blanket

#75 12 months ago

Sry man...they like to be tuck't in at night.... ......you mean to tell me you guys don't tuck them in before bed...???!!!... ...........Joey

#76 12 months ago

Not much action round these parts...?!...I'm curious why there is no multi-ball on this title...anyone know the reason...I've tried looking and came up with nothing...Thank you...........Joey

#77 12 months ago

no multi ball but shoot that TIGER ramp! MEOW

#78 12 months ago

Not much action round these parts...?!...I'm curious why there is no multi-ball on this title...anyone know the reason...I've tried looking and came up with nothing...Thank you...........Joey

I think I remember an interview with Python or Barry where it was told that BadCats where some sort of reaction to the dominating masculine themes. So they glanced towards the fun and quirky 50s games. And decided to make a modern (at that time) 50s game styled game. And as we all know, there where no "true" multiball pinballs back in the dsys...

#79 12 months ago
Quoted from mima:

I think I remember an interview with Python or Barry where it was told that BadCats where some sort of reaction to the dominating masculine themes. So they glanced towards the fun and quirky 50s games. And decided to make a modern (at that time) 50s game styled game. And as we all know, there where no "true" multiball pinballs back in the dsys...

it means that we have our feminin side popping up

#80 11 months ago

Anyone have apron cards they could mail out?...I'd gladly PayPal you some bucks for the trouble...mine is missing both...Thank you...........Joey

#81 11 months ago

My Bad Cats with some extra LED lighting.

0817171034 (resized).jpg

#82 11 months ago

Still looking to bring one back into our house, to stay this time.

#83 11 months ago

Pretty new to working on these things....can someone help me here....just replaced a flipper bushing...and noticed when the hood was up...this contact is not making contact when the flipper button is pressed...can someone tell me what it activates and if it's saposta touch when pressed....Thank you...........Joey
Not pressed

IMG_4030 (resized).JPG

Pressed...

IMG_4031 (resized).JPG.

1st contact touches....second one does not....???.....Thank you again

#84 11 months ago

Couple more noob questions....when/how to you use the millions on backglass...mine all stay lit with the 8 mill blinking.....are you saposta be able to move the blinking lite for skill shot....?....lastly..when are the flashers in the backbox saposta lite up..?..Thank you..........Joey

#85 11 months ago

Couple more noob questions....when/how to you use the millions on backglass...mine all stay lit with the 8 mill blinking

That's the jackpot. Use the drop targets to spell BAD CATS then shoot the Fish Bowl ramp. Click...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/badcats/rules/rules.html

#86 11 months ago

Pretty new to working on these things....can someone help me here....just replaced a flipper bushing...and noticed when the hood was up...this contact is not making contact when the flipper button is pressed...can someone tell me what it activates and if it's saposta touch when pressed....Thank you...........Joey
Not pressed

Pressed...

i'm wondering why you have a double switch button on a badcats normaly those one fit a pinball with two flipper on the same side
i think it is a single switch on this one nevertheless it's not bad u just have to bend a little bit your contact to make him touch becarefull
it has to be seperate.
Your pinball should work cause there is only two flippers so don't worry

#87 11 months ago

Anyone have apron cards they could mail out?...I'd gladly PayPal you some bucks for the trouble...mine is missing both...Thank you...........Joey

I believe I picked up a set from Marco.

2 weeks later
#88 11 months ago

so happy to join the club i ve been waiting so long but now im in
i have so good memories around this pin
it is just awesome.
plus the backglass it is just perfect any scratch

20171112_184622 (resized).jpg

20171112_192734 (resized).jpg

20171112_191735 (resized).jpg

#89 11 months ago

I had a chat with Barry Oursler this Friday, and he was kind enough to sign my sling plastic.

Seeeeeet!

_20171113_000710.JPG

DSC_0105.JPG

#90 11 months ago
Quoted from mima:

I had a chat with Barry Oursler this Friday, and he was kind enough to sign my sling plastic.

Seeeeeet!

2 months later
#91 8 months ago

Does anyone have or know of any playfield scans, or insert scans / decal sheets?

I have a players' project to resurrect with lots of touchups. I can print my own insert decals... and make them from scratch if need be but before I go reinventing the (seafood) wheel I figured I should see if I can save myself some aggravation.

Thanks for any assistance...!

3 months later
#92 4 months ago

I bought a replacement spin wheel motor a while back for my Bad Cats. The original motor had these wires: pin 1 red, pin 2 brown, pin 5 green and pin 6 black.

The new motor has different wire colors: red, white, yellow and blue. I don't want to send some high voltage up a 5-volt line, how do I tell which wire replaces which?

BTW, my machine's serial number is : I315297, a re-import from West Germany. The head is still a nice bright orange on all sides. The cabinet has faded to a solid yellow on all sides.

Meow m'meowmeow!

#93 4 months ago

I'm IN!!! Finally! Been looking for a nice example for a long time. I sold another system 11 (Black Knight 2000) in order to get this. I can't stop playing it!

The machine came with new plastics, new ramps, and LED's. Anyone know of a source for a replacement apron?

Chris

DSCF1476 (resized).JPGDSCF1478 (resized).JPGDSCF1481 (resized).JPGDSCF1482 (resized).JPGDSCF1489 (resized).JPGDSCF1490 (resized).JPGDSCF1491 (resized).JPGDSCF1502 (resized).JPGDSCF1534 (resized).JPGDSCF1535 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#94 4 months ago

Not pressed

Pressed...

The second switch should be for the lane change.

(yeah, I know this question was from 7 months ago).

Chris

#95 4 months ago

For the life of me I can't figure out how to install the cam that that runs between the lockset in the head and the moving bar that locks in the backglass. I have tried flipping it each way, changing locksets, etc. I can get the key to rotate 90 degrees either CW or CCW depending on the lockset, but the key comes out with the moving bar in the "open" position and stays in the lockset with the backglass locked in.
A really close up pic of a properly installed cam would be of great assistance.

Thanks.

1 week later
#96 4 months ago

Finally figured it out: I've got the wrong bracket.

Here's what I need: Looking for two of the Locking Cam Brackets shown in the upper drawing in the pic. Part number I need is: Wms. 01-9281, not the bracket in the lower drawing. Needed for Bad Cats and Jokerz! Thanks.

20180616_103351 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#97 3 months ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I'm IN!!! Finally! Been looking for a nice example for a long time. I sold another system 11 (Black Knight 2000) in order to get this. I can't stop playing it!
The machine came with new plastics, new ramps, and LED's. Anyone know of a source for a replacement apron?
Chris

Welcome to the club brother! Long time no talk. I bought mine back in 2012, 1 week before Python Anghelo came to my house. Everyone loves the game! Meow Meow Meow Meow!!!

2 months later
#98 35 days ago

I got one about 7 months ago. Everyone absolutely LOVES this game. It has become the favourite in the collection.

I do have a question though. You get an extra ball with four consecutive shots at the fishbowl ramp, but after you collect it, how do you get an extra ball again in the same game? I watched a PAPA video about the game before, and he gets multiple extra balls. I can't find any settings on it!

#99 34 days ago
Quoted from PinWiz1969:

I got one about 7 months ago. Everyone absolutely LOVES this game. It has become the favourite in the collection.
I do have a question though. You get an extra ball with four consecutive shots at the fishbowl ramp, but after you collect it, how do you get an extra ball again in the same game? I watched a PAPA video about the game before, and he gets multiple extra balls. I can't find any settings on it!

i suppose he get them from the sea food wheel .
but i never really care about it i will have a special interest to this next time on the pin

2 weeks later
#100 17 days ago
Quoted from PinWiz1969:

Seen the same question posted on Facebook. Tried it on my game and does the same thing. Only one extra ball per game. My setting say 5 extra balls but still only one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 139.00
Playfield - Plastics
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 57.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside