Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3517 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3512 (resized).jpeg
6EB32B76-B67C-4875-B25E-249F7EFA5B2B (resized).jpeg
193387E5-2451-40FD-BC58-0BEC27AC100D (resized).jpeg
4E8873A8-E483-42BD-84AD-661C3DDDA222 (resized).jpeg
D1BB2865-6F10-42D4-8364-16614682EDD8 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
20201209_175329 (resized).jpg
20201019_202742 (resized).jpg
shop-50 (resized).jpg
E217DB45-1E3F-4513-981F-E3A26A5A9DC8 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
91B1AA7E-02EE-43A0-86AC-25956C76B9CA (resized).jpeg
rg2 (resized).jpg
rg1 (resized).jpg
BOP (resized).png
Bad Kitty (resized).JPG

There are 632 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
#601 9 months ago

Does anyone have a count on how many post sleeves are needed for a full swap? I think I'm seeing 7 in the topic images? Also, it looks like some people have used those upside down "cone" type sleeves in a few spots. What's the consensus?

#602 9 months ago
Quoted from Scribbles:

Does anyone have a count on how many post sleeves are needed for a full swap? I think I'm seeing 7 in the topic images? Also, it looks like some people have used those upside down "cone" type sleeves in a few spots. What's the consensus?

I am not positive of the factory set up (my guess is 9), as I have optimized my BC, putting sleeves where I feel they are needed. I don't use cones and have placed ten black sleeves on my machine:

- 2 (one on each side of the fish bonus target).
- 1 on the left side of the collect fish bonus entrance.
- 1 on the far end of the fish bonus ball gate.
- 4 (two in front of each ramp).
- 1 between the milk bottle drop targets and the dog house entrance.
- 1 at the steel support post below the bird drop targets (custom).

#603 9 months ago

Did somebody scan the playfield at a full swap? Looking for a nice scan...

1 month later
#604 8 months ago

Interest? Non destructive mount for the CPR topper.

193387E5-2451-40FD-BC58-0BEC27AC100D (resized).jpeg4E8873A8-E483-42BD-84AD-661C3DDDA222 (resized).jpeg6EB32B76-B67C-4875-B25E-249F7EFA5B2B (resized).jpeg
#605 8 months ago

On my playfield there are 3 yellow cone shape rubber posts and just above them is a short little clear/white post to fill the gap before the screw. Does anyone know what part this is? I am missing one.

#606 8 months ago

Hi there! I recently made a keychain for one of my friends Bad Cats and I thought I would share it with you all! It's 3D printed and hand painted, and the front of the fishbowl is clear which I think makes it look even more cool. If you want one for your game let me know

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1298-jk-pinball/04581-bad-cats-keychain

IMG_3512 (resized).jpegIMG_3517 (resized).jpeg
#607 8 months ago

Does anyone have a driver board from an old bad cats machine that they don’t need? As long as it can be repaired, that works as well. I currently have a rotten dog board which I want to replace with an original. Please PM me.

Thank you.

3 weeks later
#608 7 months ago

I don’t know if it has been mentioned but I believe I found a bug in the most recent code for Bad Cats.

If your current game ends and you want to start another immediately after and press start while the back glass lights are flashing it will start a game but there is no skill shot lit. You lose that initial shot and just light whatever the ball hits without the possibility of a 2x bonus. Rest of the game plays normally. If I wait that doesn’t seem to happen.

Can someone try to replicate this and confirm you see the same behavior? I’m running the latest rom code. Any other odd features to look out for or quirks in the current code?

#609 7 months ago

if anyone is selling one lmk---miss mine.

1 week later
#610 6 months ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

if anyone is selling one lmk---miss mine.

They come up, but not often. I looked almost a year for mine.

1 month later
#611 5 months ago

Hey all!

Obscure question for you guys to help satisfy my Pinball OCD... When should the lamp inside Ralphie's Doghouse light up during gameplay? Mine lights during attract but I have yet to see it illuminate during gameplay.

This drives me mad.

I noticed that I am running mismatched gamerom versions, will be fixing that so that they are both L5. May have something to do with it.

Thoughts?

#612 5 months ago
Quoted from Xylog:

Hey all!
Obscure question for you guys to help satisfy my Pinball OCD... When should the lamp inside Ralphie's Doghouse light up during gameplay? Mine lights during attract but I have yet to see it illuminate during gameplay.
This drives me mad.
I noticed that I am running mismatched gamerom versions, will be fixing that so that they are both L5. May have something to do with it.
Thoughts?

This is something that mine does too. I hope someone can shed some light (no pun intended) on this for you.

Chris

#613 5 months ago

New ROM's installed. Further testing on the Ralphie Doghouse Lamp...

In Game will flash upon Special Award and 10x Fish Bonus collect. That's it so far.

On the lamp table, it is lamp 31, marked as 'Seafood Arrow 1". Oddly, in test mode there is no label for lamp 31 nor 32. Number 32 is 'Not Used' however is marked in the manual as 'Seafood Arrow 2'.

Interesting!

Addendum:
Considering some mods in this area to make the light show make more sense.
Have removed the flasher from under the SPIN insert (the orange cat) as that flasher looked very out of place during the spin.
Will link the SPIN lamp to the Ralphie Lamp so they both will illuminate. May as well do this since the Ralphie Lamp is basically unused by the software.
Considering installing a flasher inside the doghouse & linking it to the Doghouse Flashlamp (red flasher on the ramp next to doghouse). Should produce a nice effect.

3 weeks later
#614 5 months ago

Guys, I'm half tempted to list my restored bad cats. Looking for thoughts on pricing as i've been outta the hobby for a few months..

Restored cab with new decals. Turned out amazing. Coin door refurbished.
All new starship ramps. Playfield is about a 7-8. Pretty nice. ALL leds.

It's a truly really nice example. Just wondering thoughts on pricing with this sorta work done to it.

Thanks!

#615 5 months ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys, I'm half tempted to list my restored bad cats. Looking for thoughts on pricing as i've been outta the hobby for a few months..

Blackbeard, that's a tough one and you always have to factor in condition and rarity but the way pin asking prices have moved lately makes for a rising price target for any pin. Last year's prices (or even six months ago prices) are not this year's prices.

I see a lot of low to medium rated EM's in 6 or 7 condition priced for nearly $US2,000 and the highly rated rare ones pricing for double that or more in my local. SS's are about that or more and NIB prices are going off the charts. It just seems the middle era alphas and DMD's are seeing a less volatile price surge. Their time will come. The shine just seems to be elsewhere right now. JMHO

As far as Bad Cats go here are my thoughts:
- My refurbished to CQ status BC was ordered two years ago for the equivalent of just over $US6,000. I felt that was a lot at the time but NIB's were nudging up to $US10,000 here so I reasoned I was getting a good deal.
- Well two years later I'm a happy camper with that purchase as it's basically a NIB (or better) HUO and easily half the cost of any NIB.
- Now I see the prices from the same refurbisher (Absolute Pinball ) and you are looking at around $US8,000 for the same or even lower rated game.
- It depends on the buyer though. Bad Cats is a masterpiece of art from Python and many people love cats. Yes, it may not be the most highly rated game playwise but look at all the mediocre stuff pumped up on the market that has a lot less going for it.

Bottom line, in today's market, I'll guess $US5,000 to $7,000 for a restored Bad Cats depending on condition. Go for $6,000+.

#616 5 months ago

Anyone have an original power/driver board for this game? I currently have a rotten dog, but it does not produce clear sound (rather static/fuzzy). I was told only an original board will work properly in this machine.

#617 5 months ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Anyone have an original power/driver board for this game? I currently have a rotten dog, but it does not produce clear sound (rather static/fuzzy). I was told only an original board will work properly in this machine.

Actually you should be looking for a System 11B MPU board. DumbAss has some new boards he designed.

Currently, it is tough to find an original MPU that is not battery damaged. I would watch/create a wanted ad on Pinside, watch Ebay or buy the mentioned above board.

#618 5 months ago

If someone has an original that has battery damage, can it be fixed? I always prefer the original if possible.

Maybe someone is just selling parts for the game.

#619 5 months ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

If someone has an original that has battery damage, can it be fixed? I always prefer the original if possible.
Maybe someone is just selling parts for the game.

This is why I stated to create a Wanted to Buy ad on Pinside. Not many in this club and you'll reach 10x more people that way and have an actual chance of finding one. pasted_image (resized).png

4 months later
#620 29 days ago

Price check

Thinking of listing my bad cats. What's the going rate for a good unrestored machine in today's market? (w/original playfied w/mylar, excellent back glass, very good cabinet (painted version so zero fade, new cpr plastics).

Thanks

#621 28 days ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Price check
Thinking of listing my bad cats. What's the going rate for a good unrestored machine in today's market? (w/original playfied w/mylar, excellent back glass, very good cabinet (painted version so zero fade, new cpr plastics).
Thanks

Sent you a pm…

#622 28 days ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Price check
Thanks

In Banning a couple weeks ago. YMMV...

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/80/lot/19541

#623 28 days ago

Your mileage WILL vary. A Bad Cats will almost never fetch that price. I'd sell mine for that and I have lots of spare parts to go with mine.

Realistically for a nice original, you're probably looking at $4K or a little more or so I'd say.

Chris

#624 28 days ago

I'm going to be listing my very nice Bad Cats with new side art. Probably just a tad under $4k.

I'm in Northern Calif

#625 28 days ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm going to be listing my very nice Bad Cats with new side art. Probably just a tad under $4k.
I'm in Northern Calif

I wish you were on the other coast

#626 28 days ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I wish you were on the other coast

ship it

#627 28 days ago

I'm 100% in the market for a bad cats as well, but being in Florida Cross country shipping is ridonkulously expensive.

I'm very much hoping to find one in the southeast (Florida, where i live) or midwest (Ohio, where my parents are, and can send someone there to pick up), Of course there's a lot of north/south travelers too....

#628 28 days ago

Those banning prices are just insane. I can only assume those were bid up by non collectors?

#629 28 days ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Those banning prices are just insane. I can only assume those were bid up by non collectors?

Very much so. See 5k Broncho.

#630 26 days ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

I'm 100% in the market for a bad cats as well, but being in Florida Cross country shipping is ridonkulously expensive.

If you don't get one shipped, then you are limiting yourself. It could be years before you find one within what you may consider reasonable driving distance. $520 is the highest I had paid for shipping through the Beltmann Group.

So finding a reasonable priced Bad Cats, I think will be quiet challenging these days.

#631 24 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If you don't get one shipped, then you are limiting yourself. It could be years before you find one within what you may consider reasonable driving distance. $520 is the highest I had paid for shipping through the Beltmann Group.
So finding a reasonable priced Bad Cats, I think will be quiet challenging these days.

Thanks for the heads up on shipping. I had to pay almost $900 to ship my D&D several years back

#632 24 days ago

Yeah shipping just adds risk for everyone involved. I much prefer road trips.

There are 632 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside