Topic Stats

• 486 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Jmckune
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 142 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Bad Cat Elmer 3 (resized).jpg
Bad Cats shed cat (resized).JPG
garfield (resized).png
BC 7 (resized).JPG
BC 6 (resized).JPG
BC 5 (resized).JPG
BC 4 (resized).JPG
BC 3 (resized).JPG
BC 1 (resized).JPG
BC 2 (resized).JPG
Bad Cat Elmer (resized).JPG
20200513_170635 (resized).jpg
20200731_144245 (resized).jpg
AFD2A0A9-1079-4469-B85D-6DFB51DA872B (resized).jpeg
0BE3B1B9-DBF7-4616-B456-AEAEA4434825 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 486 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 27 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Thanks for letting me know playfield was instock.....ordered new plastics too.

I sell a nice playfield plastic protector set for BadCats, if anyone is interested.

#452 26 days ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I sell a nice playfield plastic protector set for BadCats, if anyone is interested.

Me me me! Seriously though, Playfield on the way and I already had a replacement plastics set. Would love to protect them!

Chris

#453 26 days ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Me me me! Seriously though, Playfield on the way and I already had a replacement plastics set. Would love to protect them!
Chris

Sell it to Chris.....Enjoy

#454 26 days ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Is it colored or just clear?

#455 26 days ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Is it colored or just clear?

clear, 1/16 polycarbonate.

#456 26 days ago

Chris

send me a PM

1 week later
#457 16 days ago

If anyone is selling a bad cats machine or know of one for sale please let me know as I am wanting to purchase one, would help if it was not to far from Paramount CA 90723 as this is where I get my items shipped from to Australia.
cheers
Trevor

1 week later
#458 8 days ago

Just received a new plastic set for my BC from CPR. There are two plastics where the originals have bends in them but their replacements are flat. The large plastic on the right hand side that has the gray cat punching the blue bulldog has a 90 degree flip on the bottom edge that looks like it's there to keep air balls from getting stuck behind the doghouse. Also, the dog house roof has a large bend and the replacement comes flat.

Do I have to heat these plastics and bend them to match the originals? What have you guys done with yours?

Thanks.

#459 8 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Just received a new plastic set for my BC from CPR. There are two plastics where the originals have bends in them but their replacements are flat. The large plastic on the right hand side that has the gray cat punching the blue bulldog has a 90 degree flip on the bottom edge that looks like it's there to keep air balls from getting stuck behind the doghouse. Also, the dog house roof has a large bend and the replacement comes flat.
Do I have to heat these plastics and bend them to match the originals? What have you guys done with yours?
Thanks.

I purchased new playfield and plastics but have not opened the box to look at them. I will look at mine this weekend. I would email CPR and asked them what they recommend

#460 8 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Thanks.

Use a heat gun to soften the plastics prior to bending.

#461 8 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Thanks.

Those plastics are tricky to fit and need to be bent to the correct angles. My CQ BC (thanks Absolute Pinball) with new plastics came bent and I adjusted the fit and assembly slightly of the two you mentioned. Also, I slightly adjusted (pushed down) the kick out flanges to give a better fit for the dog house roof, as the front panel of the roof is a bit long.

Along those lines are a few other mods of interest:
- Some of the old plastics were added to the fishbowl ramp.
- A few bird drop target stickers were added at the end of the tiger ramp and on both art blades.
- A few fish bonus cat targets were placed on the roof of the dog house and the thread ball balloon.
- Added art blades and at first they seemed sparse prior to application (one sided whiskers and all) but they mesh well with the overall colour scheme.
- The fish bonus kick out hole was lit up as well as the left cat face bumper.
- The CPR gold playfield received a playfield protector.
- Most metal parts received micro gold metallic powder coating.
- And of course a 'furry game warmer upper' was self added!

BC 1 (resized).JPGBC 2 (resized).JPGBC 3 (resized).JPGBC 4 (resized).JPGBC 5 (resized).JPGBC 6 (resized).JPGBC 7 (resized).JPGBad Cat Elmer (resized).JPG
#462 8 days ago

Not a fan of powder coat, but that one looks great!

#463 8 days ago

Awesome looking were did you purchase the side art blades.

#464 8 days ago

The side art blades are from Retro Refurbs based in the UK. I liked the product and it was reasonably priced with more than patience required for shipping / customs costs /currency exchange. Mine took about a month to get to rural Canada last year. I ordered two, one for BC and one for Atlantis. Multiple or bulk orders would be the way to go to save on shipping.

#465 8 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Thanks.

Yes!

#466 7 days ago
Quoted from ManyQuarters:

The side art blades are from Retro Refurbs based in the UK. I liked the product and it was reasonably priced with more than patience required for shipping / customs costs /currency exchange. Mine took about a month to get to rural Canada last year. I ordered two, one for BC and one for Atlantis. Multiple or bulk orders would be the way to go to save on shipping.

Thanks for sharing the information.

#467 7 days ago

Those plastics are tricky to fit and need to be bent to the correct angles. My CQ BC (thanks Absolute Pinball) with new plastics came bent and I adjusted the fit and assembly slightly of the two you mentioned. Also, I slightly adjusted (pushed down) the kick out flanges to give a better fit for the dog house roof, as the front panel of the roof is a bit long.
Along those lines are a few other mods of interest:
- Some of the old plastics were added to the fishbowl ramp.
- A few bird drop target stickers were added at the end of the tiger ramp and on both art blades.
- A few fish bonus cat targets were placed on the roof of the dog house and the thread ball balloon.
- Added art blades and at first they seemed sparse prior to application (one sided whiskers and all) but they mesh well with the overall colour scheme.
- The fish bonus kick out hole was lit up as well as the left cat face bumper.
- The CPR gold playfield received a playfield protector.
- Most metal parts received micro gold metallic powder coating.
- And of course a 'furry game warmer upper' was self added![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks great but i m not a fan of the inside art blade.
too simple i will try to create something closer from Python idea and art style

#468 7 days ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Thanks.

I'm working on this myself. Scroll to the bottom of the page...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/badcats/repair/repair.html

Hopefully I'll be done in a few more weeks (months). I'll update as I go.

#469 7 days ago

manyquarters Wow, but the gold really does look great on that! And your tabby really sells the authenticity for inspiration.

Funny enough, it's that mod comparison to your real cat that only made me finally realize where Williams' original black and orange (as in, why *those* of all colors?) might have come from. I mean, the game's release timing aligns with the peak of this famous bad cat's popularity...

garfield (resized).png
#470 7 days ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

manyquarters Wow, but the gold really does look great on that! And your tabby really sells the authenticity for inspiration.
Funny enough, it's that mod comparison to your real cat that only made me finally realize where Williams' original black and orange (as in, why *those* of all colors?) might have come from. I mean, the game's release timing aligns with the peak of this famous bad cat's popularity...[quoted image]

Thanks and I think you're on to something with that Garfield / Bad Cats analogy! (I'm going to have to keep an eye on my Garfield (Elmer) for that!)

To have Python Anghelo do the artwork was a masterstroke! Everywhere you look on Bad Cats just overflows with entertainment that attracts you before even turning the game on! This is more than just a pinball machine!

"Cats & Dogs, Bees & Birds by the Pinball Python." He was at the top of his game, even giving himself a nickname and spot on the backglass! He had carte blanche to do his artwork! I wondered about the "Bees" part because there didn't seem to be any on the game but this is Python and so birds and bees + that sexy tattooed lady (and the trash 'items?')...well I get it...and so does one of the cats (Garfield) on the backglass, peering down from the shed roof, tail straight up in the air and waiting for some skirt action!

Bad Cat Elmer 3 (resized).jpgBad Cats shed cat (resized).JPG
#471 7 days ago
Quoted from stef34:

looks great but i m not a fan of the inside art blade.
too simple i will try to create something closer from Python idea and art style

Thanks, I understand what you mean by the art blades being too simple. Looking forward to your idea of a more Python inspired blade!

#472 3 days ago

Does anyone have an original Bad Cats Manual they are willing to sell?

Thanks!

#473 3 days ago

Also, does anyone have any experience having to replace the Driver/MPU board due to battery leakage. Was not sure if installing a Rotten Dog causes any issues or differences when playing the machine.

#474 3 days ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Also, does anyone have any experience having to replace the Driver/MPU board due to battery leakage. Was not sure if installing a Rotten Dog causes any issues or differences when playing the machine.

I would pass on a Rottendog board. Can you post a picture of the original MPU?

#475 3 days ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Is it so bad it needs replaced? It’s far cheaper to order components and clean and swap than it is to get a new MPU board for a system 11

#476 3 days ago

The machine I am getting had battery leakage from being in storage. I do not have any pictures nor the actual original board, but was told it was replaced. Was just curious if this affects the machine any.

#477 2 days ago

Getting ready to buy a Bad Cats this weekend. Any advice on problems to look for, etc? I only have some poor quality pics but I'm hopeful it's in good shape.

#478 2 days ago

mostly the ramps, often broken at entrance
do the fish roto target working well ?
the mechanism under the playfield, same for the one in the backbox ?

#479 2 days ago

System 11 games are rock solid. Check the MPU for any type of battery acid damage. Good chance the ramps are cracked. Starship fantasy has the ramps. Plastics are available through classic playfield reproductions. You will find other stuff on ebay.

#480 1 day ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Getting ready to buy a Bad Cats this weekend. Any advice on problems to look for, etc? I only have some poor quality pics but I'm hopeful it's in good shape.

As others have said, make sure the seafood wheel is working and also the vari target. Plastics and ramps can be found fairly easily now, and CPR jus did a small run of Bad Cats playfields as well. Decals are available if the cabinet is faded too. This game has a lot of love in parts available.

Good luck! This was the one game I feel I overpaid for but I really enjoy it so I am ok with it

Chris

#481 1 day ago

I know my wife wanted so bad and we looked for one over 4 years. We paid 2200 for ours and it needs plastics playfield and ramps. When I get some time I will post photos of the playfield swap.

#482 1 day ago

As others have said, make sure the seafood wheel is working and also the vari target. Plastics and ramps can be found fairly easily now, and CPR jus did a small run of Bad Cats playfields as well. Decals are available if the cabinet is faded too. This game has a lot of love in parts available.
Good luck! This was the one game I feel I overpaid for but I really enjoy it so I am ok with it
Chris

You under paid! Bad Cats Rocks!

#483 1 day ago

Your machine looks great. I've talked to Devron about having him do a pin for me. The work looks great how was the buying experience?

#484 1 day ago
Quoted from Rhyme0rc:Your machine looks great. I've talked to Devron about having him do a pin for me. The work looks great how was the buying experience?

Thanks RhymeOrc!

I was very happy with the Bad Cats buying experience at Absolute Pinball such that I have subsequently ordered a CQ Bride of Pinbot to pick up some time next year. You have to be patient though as these restorations take time and there is a waiting list. I ordered my BC April 2019 and had a blast driving the 2300 km roundtrip to pick it up in my old University town Saskatoon, this June. In my estimation, it was well worth it. The machine is just beautiful, plays smooth as silk with no issues and I think, for a CQ priced in Canadian $'s, was quite reasonable. No currency exchange, customs or border hassles to deal with was a bonus. Also, the micro gold metallic powder coating was at my choice and included in the advertised price. (I added the other mods, like the playfield protector, art blades, additional plastics / decals and lighting the cat face bumper after taking delivery...
...just had to...love tinkering with these machines! + + = >

Devron did some fine work on that machine, full three stage restoration (Board Sets-Playfield-Cabinet) to CQ status. If you scroll back through the Absolute Pinball Facebook page you can follow the detailed progress from start to finish on this and other machines.

#485 1 day ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

And know that you have something which is worth something (wish I could say the same about my WCS94).

What makes you say that about WCS94? I have a WCS94 and am picking up a Bad Cats this weekend. I believe they're about the same value here on Pinside, right?

#486 19 hours ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

What makes you say that about WCS94? I have a WCS94 and am picking up a Bad Cats this weekend. I believe they're about the same value here on Pinside, right?

He’s talking more so about bang for buck. WCS is worth what it is because of the features and WPC operating system. Bad Cats is worth what it is not because of outstanding gameplay. It’s because it has neat artwork, fun music, and is on the rarer side for system 11 games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Paramount, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
There are 486 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside