IMG_1444 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1906 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1905 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1904 (resized).jpeg
20240303_160305 (resized).jpg
20240303_160006 (resized).jpg
There are 1,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.
#1 9 years ago

Just got mine yesterday.

Meow Meow Meow Meow!

#2 9 years ago

Any pictures? Got one myself so if you need any support let me know.

#3 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Just took one with phone of me getting on the high scores. Thanks to the 20 mill last ball jackpot. Not used to a game with no ball save. Other machine is a WCS. I dig both, but I love the BC style. We have 2 boy cats who sit on the pins as we play them. Will have to post.

In terms of condition, back glass great, Mylar PF, cabinet not faded but a few dings. Getting new plastics, hole in tiger ramp near return ( please make new ones pinball inc). Also fish bone-us seized. But looking forward to restoring and playing!

#4 9 years ago

Looks good. I took the mylar off mine with no problems.
Vari-target will need 2 new post rubbers and 2 new nyliners...possibly a fresh spring.

#5 9 years ago

Thanks AndyBadCatsUK! Are you tempted by the new PF?

#7 9 years ago

I would love to have a Bad Cats to go with my print.

You need one of these now:

python1.jpgpython1.jpg

Congrats on the machine!

Chris

#8 9 years ago

Hi there

Got mine a couple of months ago, very similar condition: Love it.

http://imageshack.com/a/img842/7081/i5aa.jpg

#9 9 years ago

Cool! Fantastic info on rebuild! Amazing how nice it all turned out after rebuild, ramps especially.

Quoted from MSN22:

Hi there
Got mine a couple of months ago, very similar condition: Love it.
http://imageshack.com/a/img842/7081/i5aa.jpg

Some sweet machines you have there! Glad to see you enjoying your Bad Cats.

Nice artwork SilverUnicorn! Python was a genius, his artwork was what attracted us to our new pin.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks AndyBadCatsUK! Are you tempted by the new PF?

YesI have got one pre ordered from CPR. Current playfield is fine but a spare is a good idea. My wife adores this pinball must be the "One More Time " chant its a bit deep and sexy.

Now 2 handy tips as seen in my photos.

1. Ball entrance at the Top right make sure 2 posts are fitted.PE_20140604143156.jpgPE_20140604143156.jpg Originally Williams got the second post 3mm out from correct spot causing ball to catch on ball launch. A lot of operators removes the second post. I have fitted a new post in correct the spot. This now stops the ball from re-entering shooter lane, but allow free movement from ball launch.
2. Fit a blue/Green led inside Ralphie's dog hole ball exit.PE_20140604152849.jpgPE_20140604152849.jpg It adds an extra dimension.
Also Jeff z's Web page is great for more tips (especially the linear target) and a nice story too. Let's see some more shots of yours

#11 9 years ago

I love Scruffy helping out!

One day I will own one after CPR gets the PF's out...

#12 9 years ago

On the hunt soon for one. I want to talk my son out of a Black Hole and into a Bad Cats.

SEEEEAAAAAFOOOOODD, YEAH.

#13 9 years ago

Bad Cats is one of my ABSOLUTE favorites!! I can't wait to put a new CPR playfield, and plastic set in mine... and hopefully a new seafood bonus ramp someday

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I would love to have a Bad Cats to go with my print.
You need one of these now:

Congrats on the machine!
Chris

python1.jpg 109 KB

That's funny because we bought that print at one of Python's fundraiser and we just bought the machine to match!

#15 9 years ago

Just got an email confirmation from James from Pinball inc concerning Bad Cats ramps:

"Yes, we have slotted next to do. We're finishing up the Bride of Pinbot and a few re-stocks so it will be 3-8 weeks depending on how testing goes.

Thanks,

James Loflin

Pinball Inc.
885 Streamside Dr .
McDonough , GA 30252"

Are you excited?

#16 9 years ago

New BadCats owner/addict here. My wife and I played one several years ago at a show and she really liked it. Ever since she's always mentioned 'the cat game' whenever I get start looking for another game. I never had any intention of buying one because I was being a snobby collector I guess. One came up for sale recently so I gave the game a second chance and kinda got hooked by the art, sounds and gameplay. Not a deep game, but its a good balance vs the DMD games in my collection.

Mine has a really nice cab with zero fade. Playfield is fully mylared, ramps are good and there's a new CPR plastics set on the game. I'll probably buy a set of the new ramps once they are made as insurance because I can't see them ever getting produced again. I'm also on the list for a new CPR play field if that ever happens.

Just realized I don't have a pic of it my lineup. For now I'll just post a glamor shot of the playfield showing a new linear target I made to replace my missing one.

P1050102.jpgP1050102.jpg
#17 9 years ago

Here's a question for fellow owners. I've heard people gripe about the 20 million point ramp shot and how it ruins the game's balance. Do you find this to be the case?

Personally I don't see that shot as a major problem since there are several other significant scoring options:
5 mill fix bone-us = max out linear target + 10x bonus
Left ramp for unlimited millions on any ball
Jackpot can build pretty high
Free balls available on fishbowl ramp + seafood wheel

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

Here's a question for fellow owners. I've heard people gripe about the 20 million point ramp shot and how it ruins the game's balance. Do you find this to be the case?
Personally I don't see that shot as a major problem since there are several other significant scoring options:

I dunno, we just play them for fun. I got on the HS on the third day because of the 20 million final ball bonus shot, but I kind of liked it. At least everyone can work towards it, and its not a total luck thing.... (unless I'm mistaken).

Talking about the fish bone-us, I only just got mine to work. It was pretty ugly

Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Looks good. I took the mylar off mine with no problems.
Vari-target will need 2 new post rubbers and 2 new nyliners...possibly a fresh spring.

Here was mine before:

photo 5.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG

My after shot sucks a bit:

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

But thanks for the advice, 2 hours of WD-40 to remove the brown ear-wax gunk, 2 new post rubbers and the nyliner bearings (actually already had the correct size since PSPA sent me the wrong size for WCS - refunded BTW) and now it works!!!! Real smooth, now a whole corner of my machine makes sense!

Now does anyone find Ralfie spits it SDTM, trying to work out if I can change the direction or whether I need to hone my skills.

#19 9 years ago

Now that I have fixed my fish bone-us, I am finding on the rare occasion after I have racked up a few million and collected the bone-us, that the bone-us will start to actuate, flash, sound and increase when we hit anything that creates vibrations such as the jet bumpers. Whilst this is happening I notice that the wheel on the fish bone-us opto is not turning, so the mechanism itself is not turning. What's causing this, loose wire? Any suggestions?

#20 9 years ago

This happens on mine too sometimes. I think this is because the wheel occasionally becomes positioned in such a way that it trips the opto due to game play vibrations. I find that a good shot or two to the fish bonus plunger will set it right again.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from KingBee:

This happens on mine too sometimes. I think this is because the wheel occasionally becomes positioned in such a way that it trips the opto due to game play vibrations. I find that a good shot or two to the fish bonus plunger will set it right again.

Thanks for that! At least I'm not alone. If I find a permanent solution will post. My Ralfie eject seems to vary so not too concerned now.

Quoted from jgreene:

Actually all my 20 million + scores are a combination of jackpot and 10x fish bone-us. In a way the jackpot could be seen as unfair because only one person can get the high score. The chances of me getting five tigers in a row are next to nil.

#22 9 years ago

Getting five or more tiger ramps in a row is a great feeling!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from KingBee:

Same here... if you polish with a cotton bud the area inside that the rubber wheels travel on it helps.
1 in every 20 games but it's common on BC. Ralphies home if you lubricate underneath where ball ejector joints are it sounds bethere.
Q. Do you have the post inbetween flippers, some were sent out without posts. It plays much better with a post there.

#24 9 years ago

Get your name on the new CPR playfield list. It is finally ready to get made. Just need enough people on the list to get done. http://classicplayfields.com/order.html

#25 9 years ago

It's already in Production ( CNC Process )......

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It is finally ready to get made. Just need enough people on the list to get done

#26 9 years ago

I'm on the list.

Hope I don't miss out.

Has anyone heard anything on the progress of the new ramps being made?

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Same here... if you polish with a cotton bud the area inside that the rubber wheels travel on it helps.
1 in every 20 games but it's common on BC. Ralphies home if you lubricate underneath where ball ejector joints are it sounds bethere.
Q. Do you have the post inbetween flippers, some were sent out without posts. It plays much better with a post there.

Yes, I do have the post. At first I thought sacrilege!!! But then after realising, no ball save and how quick it can be, I changed my mind. Love the centre post!

I will check out the Ralfie eject. It does seem to vary in strength which results in different placement of ball. Still to do your cool LED Ralfie light. Also the post you mentioned up the top was there, but the shooter spring it came with was SO strong that it would come straight back down the shooter lane before the gate up the top could shut. I installed a green .033" spring. All good now. Thanks again for all your help Andy.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm on the list.
Hope I don't miss out.
Has anyone heard anything on the progress of the new ramps being made?

James got back to me 3 days ago. I posted his e-mail in this forum. It's further up the page. I can't wait, as my tiger ramp was destroyed by sitting too low over the shooter lane. Hole is repaired by gaffer at the moment.

Does anyone know what happens with the stickers on the ramps?

#29 9 years ago

I'm trying to restore the cab on my BC, anyone have any leads on some decals ? I only need the head decals, but I'll take the whole set if I can get it.

#30 9 years ago

I would have bought one of these a long time ago but I can't get by the fact there are no multi-balls. What were they thinking . There are many games of this area and well before that have multi-balls. I guess there is no way to redo and add them. Great art work and fun theme and shots.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I would have bought one of these a long time ago but I can't get by the fact there are no multi-balls. What were they thinking . There are many games of this area and well before that have multi-balls. I guess there is no way to redo and add them. Great art work and fun theme and shots.

I have one of the best multi-ball games being WCS 94. Apparently the Germany game is manic (have not get there yet 'cos I suck). But even though I love WCS, this is my chill out game. I don't miss multi-ball at all. You can add more balls and change a setting to add multi-ball, but would it be fun?

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I honestly don't miss a multiball on this game. I was concerned when i first learned this. But I have a lineup with several dmds so maybe it just balances with my collection.

I thought I saw a post where the fast pinball controller guys were going to release a sys 11 controller. Once this happens you could add some balls and redo the rules for multiball.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

It's already in Production ( CNC Process )......

Very nice!! Thank you STU. The Flash Gordon playfield is outstanding.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from jgreene:

I honestly don't miss a multiball on this game. I was concerned when i first learned this. But I have a lineup with several dmds so maybe it just balances with my collection.
I thought I saw a post where the fast pinball controller guys were going to release a sys 11 controller. Once this happens you could add some balls and redo the rules for multiball.

I've got the Sys 11 interface (not yet populated though) and had thought about this but it would be more difficult for BC. You'd have to cut the playfield under the apron to add a multiball trough for starters.

#35 9 years ago

You still have time to get on the list. http://classicplayfields.com/order.html

#36 9 years ago

Updated to CNC Programming now!!! Meeoooow!

#37 9 years ago

Here are my bad cats. Two boys. image-375.jpgimage-375.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#38 9 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

James got back to me 3 days ago. I posted his e-mail in this forum. It's further up the page. I can't wait, as my tiger ramp was destroyed by sitting too low over the shooter lane. Hole is repaired by gaffer at the moment.
Does anyone know what happens with the stickers on the ramps?

The Congo ramps I bought had the appropriate sticker(s) with them, I just had to install them on the ramps. I'm assuming it'd be the same with these. Kind of a waste, otherwise.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Here are my Bad Cats. Two boys.

image.jpg 174 KB

image-375.jpg 176 KB

Very cute!

#40 9 years ago

I picked up a spare lower half of a cabinet, and am looking forward to transplanting my game into it!

#41 9 years ago

I'm looking for insert decals. Anyone have a set?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I picked up a spare lower half of a cabinet, so I may sell the decal set I got last year.

Have any pictures? How much?

#43 9 years ago

Collin ,if you have cabinet decals for Bad Cats i would be interested in them.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

The Congo ramps I bought had the appropriate sticker(s) with them, I just had to install them on the ramps. I'm assuming it'd be the same with these. Kind of a waste, otherwise.

Thanks Collin!

#45 9 years ago

Ha ha, thanks. My cats jump up on both pinballs even while playing. They live watching the ball and the vibrations. I have to keep the windex handy.

#46 9 years ago

Bad Cats playfields at CPR have been cut and inserts installed, not too much longer now Papa Smurf!

#47 9 years ago

[URL=http://s425.photobucket.com/user/D1rty_dan/media/016_zpsb8907ee4.jpg.html][IMG]http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp331/D1rty_dan/016_zpsb8907ee4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Pic of my Bad Cats!!

Love it. Seems like everyone wants one of these now??

Meow. Dang. Pic didn't take!

Post edited by Silvercoin: Pic no worky

#48 9 years ago

Bad Cats was my first pin and I still love it. It has an awesome flow to it. I was wary of the no multi-ball at first, but it's still a super fun game. I want those repro ramps!

#49 9 years ago

Mine has a Factory Populated Replacement Playfield in it. We really love the game and it plays like new. Python signed my backglass and a flyer for me when he was at my house. Fun!

#50 9 years ago

Was wondering if this would work to fix the fish bone-us firing incorrectly. This happens because sometimes the black disc slot is over the opto at rest. So each time a vibration occurs the opto is triggered by the edge of the slot vibrating. It thinks the disc is doing revolutions when it is not. The only way to fix is to hit the fish bone-us again to realign the disc so the slot is not resting underneath the opto. Meanwhile the game has been incorrectly increasing the fish bone-us during play which may cause somebody to incorrectly receive a 5 million bonus. A bit of a game ruiner. I know this does not happen all the time, but what if we can fix it?

I was thinking that a switch connected to the back of the plunger rod of the fish bone-us, so that when it is fully extended (at rest), then the switch is activated and would turn off the opto? Or break the triggering signal or some thing. I would just need to work out what sort of switch would work and which wires to interrupt.

I am not an engineer by any stretch, so if any wiser more learned people care to comment would really appreciate their input.

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 1,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-cats-everyone-welcome/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.