(Topic ID: 113451)

Bad Cats Backglass weirdness, Prototype??

By 80spit

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dtown
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-959.jpg
P5310100.jpg
337524-i.jpg
P5310097.jpg
P5310096.jpg
P5310094.jpg
P5310093.jpg
P5310095.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Recently got a Bad Cats and am enjoying it, I recently bought a bunch of assorted backglass's at the last Morphy auction, and there was a Bad Cats backglass in one of the groups. I was thinking listing it for sale since mine is near perfect. But when I looked at them, one is different that the other, one has
the BAD CATS in mirror and the other in black, although there is mirror on that glass, just not on the BAD CATS! one has a tiled floor the other does not! and Python's picture is totally different! I could
not find any info on a reproduction of this glass, so what do I have here!! weird
P5310093.jpgP5310094.jpgP5310095.jpgP5310096.jpgP5310097.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Can not say but it is good to have a spare.

#3 4 years ago

i dunno, but i never noticed Rudy with the slingshot! the eyebrows are the giveaway

#4 4 years ago

Ok not 100% sure but the trash looks like it contains condoms and if so it is very rare backflash as Williams did not 337524-i.jpgt approve this hence only a handful were made.

#5 4 years ago

There are 4 different versions of this glass that I know of.....

#6 4 years ago

Anyone else notice the copyright is missing between the pool and Python on one of them? Dunno how that might factor in but just thought I'd point it out since it's easy to miss. : o

#7 4 years ago

Is it for sale?

#8 4 years ago

In the upcoming 3rd Issue of Pinball Magazine, which will have a cover story on Python Anghelo, he talks about what happened regarding these backglasses. I know of 3 different versions of the glass, as the one on the flyer has a different snake. Curious to find out what is different on the 4th version.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Ok not 100% sure but the trash looks like it contains condoms and if so it is very rare backflash as Williams did not t approve this hence only a handful were made.

Wow great catch, I missed that one, here's a better pic, noticed that this glass also says GARBAGE on the can, Thought about selling it but now I am thinking on hanging on to it!
P5310100.jpg

#10 4 years ago

I read this thread and went out to look at mine. I actually have 2 BC's. Both BG's are w Python's hair blue, no "garbage" written on the can, both have blue tiled lines on ground and no condom near trash can.

I actually didn't know there were more than 1 version, apparently 4 versions. I too would love to see / know the differences.

OP Thanks for the info.

#11 4 years ago

The other one I know of is on the flyer: I presume a prototype game, there is no Python Angelo head on the snake.

#12 4 years ago

I knew I had seen this BG pictured or mentioned somewhere before.

Page 112 from The Pinball Compendium 1982 to Present by Michael Shalhoub.

image-959.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside