Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrossman5
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 8 years ago

I essentially lost a pay pal claim once, bought some things from the U.K and it arrived but the box contained a totally different item. The seller told me they weren't going to refund or correct it as they think they sent the right item so I raised a complaint with Pay Pal and they ruled "in my favour" but said I had to pay return shipping on an item I bought that had free shipping to begin with.

Shipping would have cost more than the item itself cost so I'd essentially end up paying double the amount on the hope that they send the right product the second time. They didn't want to ship the correct item either until they recieved the old one back, so they had the right one with them but originally claimed they had sent that to me. These are used out of production hand painted war gaming models too so it's not like they have a bunch on stock that look exactly the same.

I ended up keeping the other item as it was worth more than what I'd ordered, problem is I still have it in the cupboard somewhere with zero use for it and I couldn't find the item I did buy anywhere else. Still don't see how paypal can force me to eat the return shipping when it's that expensive for what was clearly a mistake on the seller's end.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-buyer-fraud-alert-topaz?tu=pinmanguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.