(Topic ID: 98493)

bad battery connection=switch matrix issues?

By Dommer

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Dommer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dommer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

strange question: can a bad battery connection on a system 11 cause switch matrix issues? i have a pinbot that's been acting up (phantom switch stuff, random switches firing). kept getting a system adjust failure when i turned it on so i put in new batteries, maybe 6-7 months ago. anyways, didn't work on it for several months so i could focus on other stuff.

today i went to work on it and got the adjust failure message again. i replaced the batteries again and cleaned off a little corrosion one of the battery terminal prongs. viola! it works fine now. could it have just been a bad connection? is it possible for phantom switch issues to just go away? literally haven't touch the thing in months. either way, happy my game is up and going. all three machines working!!!!

#3 9 years ago

thanks for the info. i've posted on a facebook page and got the same input. played a good 20 games on it today and no problems (except for an intermittent lane switch issue, which i also fixed). need to put in a remote battery holder at some point. it's just really strange that it started working again after not dealing with it for so long.

just glad my pinbot is up and going again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dommer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bad-battery-connectionswitch-matrix-issues?tu=Dommer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.