Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6CCCFCC7-4C18-45CC-BAE6-D28C9398F75E.gif
    E6E3FF10-4C5E-4EEF-BD19-3DEC5E083748 (resized).jpeg
    D00B7C0B-BB79-4F44-90C6-5202495F7ECE (resized).jpeg
    D2F8EE23-80C9-4A16-8BDA-BC49765A1BCF (resized).jpeg
    709ED91A-18D6-4CEC-BFA9-C3E09D69C034 (resized).jpeg
    4119E2B4-6DB6-4675-9B3D-BC907269602C (resized).jpeg
    D48BC97A-EE8F-4010-B258-4DAF09D8F486 (resized).jpeg
    AA1E122B-A07A-476D-9426-4E1C48F3BF50 (resized).jpeg
    DD597B70-1AC9-44FA-A4BF-E315E00B69A5 (resized).jpeg
    07107AB8-D167-4146-86BD-BCF1A2528FA1 (resized).jpeg
    64F86A4C-5972-4020-8B94-BDD491E0E329 (resized).jpeg
    6D96330F-01AE-49DD-8031-71AC610B810F (resized).jpeg
    8547DD24-91BB-4123-B8DD-48ADF48EED90 (resized).jpeg
    2BC2432B-23DD-402A-AAB0-FE7379757ECE (resized).jpeg
    96D7EC5A-8990-4BFA-BF20-54FA769AA686 (resized).jpeg
    Wayne's World small.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

But not in your area?

Have you been to West Texas Paul? I think they’re still in search of vapor in that area!!

4 months later
    #245 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Ha if I saw that tangle of wires I'd run away.

It has the opposite effect on me... somehow it almost excites me. Must be why Tron is one of my favorite games... I can almost imagine how most of those wires lead directly to The Grid!!

2 weeks later
    #291 6 years ago

The Brigade

BackyaRd GAmeroom in the DEsert

1 month later
    #383 5 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I do have some life experience I can provide. I wouldn't post in a public forum your intentions to violate a law, city code or whatever. We live in a society of envy and entitlement and not everyone is your friend. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't put it past someone to send an email to your city code enforcement giving them a heads-up of your intentions. Am I pessimistic? I would say, yes, but I like to error on the side of caution. Just my opinion. By the way, your building is awesome.

Was thinking the same thing. I would edit this post immediately and solicit private feedback. And for good measure, rx3 should edit his post to delete the quoted text. Just my two cents worth... maybe I'm a bit jaded.

Edit: you beat me to it on the recommendation to remove rx3's quoted section. We got your back... but not sure everyone on the Internet feels the same.

#385 5 years ago

Well... I'm a curious sort and you may have already done this. But a search of the Midland Tx code turned up the following. I'm not saying this particular instance relates directly to any proposed changes of your property... there may be other code penalties that might apply. NOTE that the penalty says it can be assessed EACH day.

I want to go on record that I am in no way aiding, abetting, or assisting in any alleged violations that may or may not occur.

General penalty; continuing violations.
    If in this Code or in any ordinance of the City an act is prohibited or is made or declared to be unlawful or an offense or a misdemeanor, or if in this Code or those ordinances the doing of any act is required or the failure to do any act is declared to be unlawful, then the violation of any such provision of this Code or any such ordinance shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $500.00; providing, however, that any violation of an ordinance governing fire safety, zoning or public health and sanitation shall be punished by a maximum fine of $2,000.00; provided, however, that if the minimum or maximum penalty provided by this Code for any such offense is less or greater than the maximum penalty provided for the same or similar offense under the laws of the state, then the minimum or maximum penalty for violation as provided by state statute shall be the minimum or maximum penalty under this Code. Each day any violation of this Code or of any ordinance continues shall constitute a separate offense.

Any person who shall aid, abet or assist in the violation of any provision of this Code or any other ordinance shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished as provided in the preceding paragraph.

In any prosecution for the violation of any provision of this Code, it shall not be necessary for the complaint to negative or for the state to prove any exception contained in this Code concerning any prohibited act unless the state is otherwise required to do so by law; provided, however, that any such exception made therein may be urged as a defense by the person charged by such complaint.

1 month later
    #429 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I figured out all of my smart switches last night,

Forgive me if you mentioned this already, but what brand/protocol did you go with for the smart switches?

1 month later
    #493 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Is that a tungsten carbide ring? No fun getting off if you smash your finger. Mine is only worn at my desk job and when the wife and I go out. Any physical work and it is sitting on a shelf.

I might be mistaken, but it looks like a silicone band or similar. Been thinking of getting one to replace my tungsten band for just the reason you mention. And less harm to the pins during a slap-save.

3 months later
    #529 5 years ago

Did you already state which rope led light you went with (make/model or website)... would like to do something similar in my shop.

And same question for the brick (wallpaper?)...

#534 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Led lighting
    Rhein lighting technology inc in China, you can find them on alibaba, they are the 3/4” thick led neon. Buy the aluminum tracks as well and plenty of splice connectors, talk to Leon,
    www.rhein18.com rhein18.en.alibaba.com e: [email protected] Skype:Huliboled
    Brick
    Brick paneling from Home Depot , I used a gray grout caulk and an exact paint match to the grout for the panels seams, the “bricks” still look separated, the grout lines look mostly connected and perfect ... but once I put games and art up, no one will notice

Thank you... Everything looks great!!

5 months later
    #633 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Thank much. Must say, I made every effort to Try and get pricing and order from Leon but to say it was difficult is an understatement. lol Diffidently a language barrier. Said the ones you have are "to expensive" and not available now? Ok never heard that sales pitch before. No worries I will find something similar.

You’re not alone. I commend Chosen_S for pulling it off with the language barrier, but when I inquired several months ago about the same thing, I contacted Leon and ran into the same difficulties. Shop-cade has been on hold for quite a while, so games are in basement now with no fancy lighting. But if you find anything good, please highlight here (or send PM if it risks derailing this thread).

#635 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’ll look around alibaba and AliExpress... that’s where I found Leon . Sorry y’all are having trouble... he hounds me once a month to buy more stuff, so for him to say that is weird

No worries. I probably didn’t put the effort into it that you did and since my project is on long term hold didn’t really worry about it.

I do suppose that the days of 1-click purchases on Amazon has spoiled many of us (me for sure) when you have to actually research and work a bit to get what you want/need. And tough to find out what you actually want/need sometimes on Alibaba.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backyard-gameroom-in-the-desert?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.