Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6CCCFCC7-4C18-45CC-BAE6-D28C9398F75E.gif
    E6E3FF10-4C5E-4EEF-BD19-3DEC5E083748 (resized).jpeg
    D00B7C0B-BB79-4F44-90C6-5202495F7ECE (resized).jpeg
    D2F8EE23-80C9-4A16-8BDA-BC49765A1BCF (resized).jpeg
    709ED91A-18D6-4CEC-BFA9-C3E09D69C034 (resized).jpeg
    4119E2B4-6DB6-4675-9B3D-BC907269602C (resized).jpeg
    D48BC97A-EE8F-4010-B258-4DAF09D8F486 (resized).jpeg
    AA1E122B-A07A-476D-9426-4E1C48F3BF50 (resized).jpeg
    DD597B70-1AC9-44FA-A4BF-E315E00B69A5 (resized).jpeg
    07107AB8-D167-4146-86BD-BCF1A2528FA1 (resized).jpeg
    64F86A4C-5972-4020-8B94-BDD491E0E329 (resized).jpeg
    6D96330F-01AE-49DD-8031-71AC610B810F (resized).jpeg
    8547DD24-91BB-4123-B8DD-48ADF48EED90 (resized).jpeg
    2BC2432B-23DD-402A-AAB0-FE7379757ECE (resized).jpeg
    96D7EC5A-8990-4BFA-BF20-54FA769AA686 (resized).jpeg
    Wayne's World small.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

WOW that's some work. I'll be watching.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

The company arrive at 6:30 this Saturday morning, ready to go with equipment, saws blaring and busting up existing concrete... I love disturbing my neighbors

#16 6 years ago

Are you going to have some kind of elevator system to get the games up and down?

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes, I plan to build a cage that can be lifted by a winch, then the cage can be locked into place on the edge of the 2nd floor when not in use

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

A structure like that here would not pass any zoning here. In a single family residential area, with restrictions on building square footage ratio to lot size. It would have to have a garage door on it. Being a garage in a residential area there are also restrictions on the height of the structure.
    Keep us posted, on your progress, congrats.

Same here, I got all kinds of greef when I did my garage addition.

G17 (resized).JPGG17 (resized).JPG

IMGA0083 (resized).JPGIMGA0083 (resized).JPG

IMGA0093 (resized).JPGIMGA0093 (resized).JPG

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

No foundation?

No. It's attached to the existing foundation and supported by the cement pads along the 3 sides. But I did put 4 more pads along that main side.

1 week later
    #30 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Back from vacation! Back to work---
    Floor power boxes in place as well as cat 6 runs in place
    An extra clean out and pipe run for sink.

What are ya planning on putting in the middle of the floor, bar?

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I don't know exactly what the layout will be just yet :-/
    BUT! I'm trying to plan for anything... I also have a bunch of arcade games that I need to figure out placement for also... I'll also be looking for a skee ball, or ice ball and should have a few spaces for more future pins

Dang...is that new space gonna be big enough for all that plus all your pins?

#34 6 years ago

Can't wait for the build, I'm watching every step.

#39 6 years ago

They took the yellow caps off and filled then in? Boneheads. Doesn't rain when ya want it too and rains when ya DON'T want it too. But you guys needed the water right. Is your building a kit or stick built? That 2nd floor is gonna have to be VERY sturdy.

#41 6 years ago

Wow, yeah that will hold your games. What does the 2nd floor and roof look like? You gettin a pool table too?

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

A hybrid of these two images are what I have in mind

I see, a slightly pitched flat roof. I hope you have an overhang over a nice deck on the 2nd floor.

4 weeks later
    #54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Took the building company a little more time to build the steel I needed, delivered yesterday. Now I finally get to start working on things again.

A grownups erector set. Those big beams are heavy I'll bet. Are you gonna erect this?

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

You bet! I'll rent a forklift and bribe a few buddy's with beer

Cool. Beer and steel construction work....what could go wrong.

#63 6 years ago

When do you start on the second story?

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I spent the day leveling and adjusting all of the metal, if I posted a pic, it would look the same.
    The 2nd story will be built of wood on top of the metal structure, so hopefully soon! I need some stairs and I'm also ready for some privacy, my rear neighbors have been able to see the back of my house for months now, I wander if any of them saw my woz through the dining room window.
    I have a lot to do now, but at least I'm not waiting on concrete or metal, so hopefully there's little to wait on for a while and I can just start framing.
    And I keep getting asked the question by my friends and family... "so... the whole 2 stories is for games!!??"
    My answer... YES!
    And... they look at me in surprise and are bewildered... just the response I wanted.
    My neighborhood Contains a very large park and it acts as a catch for rain that flows off the neighborhood, because of this it is a breeding ground for mosquitoes... so my family and I hate going in our backyard in the dead of the summer, even though we have fun there, we would rather be inside away from the mosquitoes... many other families have done similar things... indoor pools, big trampoline room, screened in BBQ kitchen... us... big 2 story game room!

Wood, I see. Who's gonna engineer your game lift? That will be interesting to see. We here in the cities live in what's called the Mosquito Control District, it started about 30 or so years ago, every they hit most of the breeding grounds within a 9 county area and man does it work. I live about 3 miles away from the capitol and for the past 20 or so years I can count on 2 hands how many of those little suckers I've had to swat. Looking forward to more pictures.

3 weeks later
    #73 6 years ago

Man that's lookin great. I wish I could help, I love that kind of building. I had a blast doing the inside of my garage/shop/Gameroom II. I imagine you have to drill and bolt the walls down. What spacing are the bolts required to be? Are you also using tie straps or plates on all the wall studs? Don't just trust 2 screws or spikes per stud to hold the walls together in high winds.

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I dont know what the requirements are, but I was thinking about every 2 feet I'd place a 1/4" bolt to tie the framing to the metal and wood together. The metal is 1/4" thick plate steel,

I'd suggest running a grade 8 bolt and nut, 1/2 inch through a 1/4 inch thick plate steel on top of the wood then through the I beam. Don't trust just washers, you need a rectangular plate to distribute the clamping force over a larger area. Your only going to do this once so go as heavy duty as you can.

2x6 is the way to go.

#77 6 years ago

The sill plates, bottoms of the walls are 2x6 right? They are 5-1/2 inches wide so make the plates 5-1/2 x 5-1/2. You'll be golden then using the full width of the board for strength not just a 2 inch circle. You'll make good brownie points with the inspector too. ) Damn that looks like fun.

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

thank you for spending more money for me, lol

You'd be kicking yourself later if you don't do it now. )

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'm getting closer with the floor, I'm in a race against the clock, it's supposed to rain a lot next week, so I'm trying to tighten everything down as good as I can as fast as I can

I hope ya got a BIG sheet of thick plastic to put over it. That would be real nasty if that insulation got wet. Are you doing any kind of vapor barrier? Don't know what code is down there. And make sure to put lots of screws in the flooring, use the star head screws not the Phillip head screws. After using the star head screws in my addition and garage inside finish I threw all my Phillips head screws away and will never buy them again, pure junk compaired to the star head.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

The flooring is engineered tongue and groove osb,

Oups I meant the osb sub floor.

#88 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Good call, I'll use ply on the inside, should work great!

That's what I used on the inside of my garage/shop/ gameroom II but I screwed up, I used 3/8 inch ACX on the walls and ceiling, what I should have used was 1/2 inch. 3/8 is not rigid enough so I have some bowing in the walls and ceiling especially the ceiling. The roof rafters are 24 IOC and that's just too much for 3/8, for walls it's not too bad because they are 16 IOC. What I should have done with the rafters is put 2x4's in between the rafters to connect them, that would have given me a lot more support for the 4x8 sheets of plywood. I love those torque head screws too.

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

went to my local bolt supply, they don't have large plates for the bolts, just hardened flat round washers, but they also had 2" washers; a couple of builders were in and one them said that using the 2" washers plus the hardened flat, plus a lock washer would marry the wood to the steel, the screws holding the wood together will rip apart before the 2x6 will separate from the steel with this setup. I have one more source to find some steel plates, so I'll check there too, other than that I would have to make them.

I have a local discount steel place a few miles from me that I go to but if they say those round ones would be good enough you should go with that. It would be nice to anchor those wall studs better though. That upper floor catches more wind up high.

2 weeks later
    #95 6 years ago

Oh man sorry to hear about all that wet insulation and flooring, that's gonna be a real pain to redo. As long as you used screws to put the osb down it won't be tooooo bad. At least your wall studs aren't on top of the flooring.

#97 6 years ago

Nails? I quit using nails years ago. The guy that built my garage addition put the insulation in the floor then put plastic over the top then layed the osb floor then put the walls up on top of the flooring, he said that was the right way to do it. When the inspector saw it he said the plastic was backwards, plastic between floor joists then plastic then insulation. I had to run my circle saw 4 inches away from the walls just deep enough to cut through the osb floor, unscrew the couple hundred screws then remove and throw away all the osb because he had used Liquid Nails and screws to hold the flooring down. Good thing the Liquid Nails hadn't set real good but It still took me a couple days to scrap that shit off, some of which had hardened and osb had stuck to it. Then I had to pull up the plastic and insulation and lay down new plastic (4 mill is code so I put 6 mil down LOL) put the insulation back down and get it reinspected. When all that was done (about 3 weeks) a buddy and me put all new T&G 3/4 inch osb down. Your gonna have to put new insulation and osb down....what a waste especially for that size floor you have, mine is only 12x22. I feel your pain.

1 week later
    #99 6 years ago

WOW!!! That's some great progress and some overhang over the house. I'm guessing the roof pitch is towards the alley correct. I've never put roof screws in steel beams before, it must be fun. Stay safe on that roof.

#101 6 years ago

Oh that's right, I saw the ridges in the roofing and didn't put 2 and 2 together.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

How much to have a crane truck deliver sheets to the top of the roof? Seriously is a pain pushing sheets up that high. Otherwise three people. Two on roof with ropes, to pull sheets up and one on the ground floor to tie the ropes around each end of each sheet.

The roof is steel so no sheets needed up there.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks guys, I’m bustin a$$ every day,
    I’m at a place where I may need some heavy equipment again, my uncle tells me he’s got a fire mans ladder I can use to put on the upper sheets. I’m trying to determine the best course of action, I have a few ideas
    Apparently the hurricanes have created high demand for 7/16” 4x8’ osb, it’s shot up to over $17 per sheet! Insane, I still need a whole bunch of it too , grrrrr
    Pics tomorrow

I would think the best way would be to rent some scaffolding. 2 men on the scaffolding positioning and screwing it and one person on the bottom with a 2x4 brace proping the sheet in place to be screwed down.

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes, roof is done I hustled those sheets up myself’ one level at a time

Scaffolding is also a great idea, and a 2x4.
    Looks like I may need to commission a few buddies, although I do have this wild idea that involves a bucket of bricks, some paracord and a few screws- Merica!

When you overlaped the roof sheets what did you use to seal them with?

Will be interesting to see what you come up with.

#114 6 years ago

Nice. Do they want you to stagger the vertical sheet? Good choice with using plywood. I was going to suggest that, makes the 2nd floor much stronger.

#116 6 years ago

Lookin good. Those top ones are gonna be fun. Be safe an that ladder doin those.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have an engineer stamped package for the metal structure, I’m awaiting the inspection for the 2nd floor, as well as having a professional look over my work... the city wants to do an electrical inspection and follow up with a framing inspection; 2 different inspectors. I’m trying to have the city reverse that order so I can fix any issues before I run electrical

You’re right, I’m going to let a pro take a look to see what the consensus is before my metal siding goes on, if code forces me to stagger, I guess I’ll be pulling sheets and redoing them Again.

Your gonna insulate it too right? Besides all those permits you got I had to get an insulation permit and inspection and a gas heater permit too.

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes, I’ll insulate too, no permit necessary for it or heater

But you're gonna put up a vapor barrier on the inside right?

#126 6 years ago

Well Tyvek breaths so it't not a vapor barrier, 4 to 6 mil plastic sheeting is a vapor barrier and put on the inside on top of the insulation, except sprayed foam then the drywall goes on top of that. But not in your area?

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Have you been to West Texas Paul? I think they’re still in search of vapor in that area!!

Yup on the way to Los Crusis, NM. Almost got blown off the road buy the side winds.

#134 6 years ago

Nice that you had it looked at before the inspectors came out. Maybe it would be a good idea to put some kind of ties on the wall studs where they meet the floor plate, or every other stud. Just guessing here. I always overbuild everything.

#138 6 years ago

To soon for mold I would think. I hope you use all screws on the new flooring, you'll never have a squeak.

#140 6 years ago

Oh yeah you have to take it all apart and probably throw the insulation away and dry the wood and everything with fans for a few days, but with your dry heat it should dry fast. Is the insulation fiberglass? I used 2 coats of the high traffic floor paint on the wood floor portion in my garage then I covered it with 10x17 piece of that drive on plastic cement floor covering from Menards, but you won't be doing that.

1 week later
    #142 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Started pulling apart the floor, lots to clean under the insulation, no big deal

What a mess, you buy that stuff by the case. Hose it down, let it dry then hose it down and let it dry REAL good then you'll be ready to go.

#144 6 years ago

Damn that's expensive, probably just bleach too.

4 weeks later
    #159 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Floor cleaned and put back together... check
    Building wrapped... check
    Bottom outside edges flashed... check
    Doors installed... check
    Fixed big 2nd story header top plate... check
    1st floor window frame made... check
    Bought 2 pins that I don’t need... check
    Finished bottom cabinet of Medusa restore... check
    Led’d color changing spare earthshaker playfield for overhead lighting... check
    Next...
    Start sections of exterior with Hardie plank
    Get electrical boxes installed
    Run electrical wire and conduit
    Install overhead lights
    Install window
    Sand, level and seal 2nd story sub floor
    Electrical inspection

Yup you've been busy. Nice progress.

#161 6 years ago

Yeah awnings over the doors are a must.

1 week later
    #165 6 years ago

Good no more rain getting inside. What do ya have planner for both ceilings?

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Looking good. I been working on my garage teardown/arcade conversion since June so I think you're making good progress. I've been stuck in finishing world for a couple months now, still got floor and trim to do! You've got me wanting to make a thread for it.

Yes do, I love these kinds of threads. I'll follow for sure.

1 month later
    #177 6 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Ding ding... time for an update!

I think he gave up on the idea, it was to much for him.

#180 6 years ago

WOW a gas leak, good you caught it. Looks like you'll have to have a drop ceiling because of the electrical.

1 week later
    #197 6 years ago

WOW what a project but ya gotta do it.

3 weeks later
    #235 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I started to put up metal siding today, I got 2 vertical trim peices on and started putting up one horizontal sheet.
    Well, I was 1” too wide on the sheets for that wall! Doh!!!! I hate making these kinds of mistakes... tomorrow I gotta go buy a nibbler to cut the sheets down, and discovered that I will need some help for sure installing the panels.
    It’s funny how these types of things start out intimidating, and then when you add a friend to help, everything gets 100 times easier. <- looking forward to this.

I hate it when that happens. If I was local I'd help ya.

#242 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m excited and freaked out... yesterday a buddy and myself installed the west wall metal, I had to grab a neighbor to come help about half way through, we needed another 20ft ext ladder and couldn’t get one in that short of notice, this was the most difficult thing we have done so far. Still have another 2 walls I’ll need help with. I’ll be calling in several friends to help out.

That's just crazy, I hope you guys don't get hurt.

#244 6 years ago

Ha if I saw that tangle of wires I'd run away.

#248 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Last nights work, goes much better with more people.

You gonna put a rain gutter on the back slope of the roof?

#261 6 years ago

How did ya ever come up with the outside look?

#276 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

A few throwback pics which I will catalog after the project is finished ... or will it ever be finished???

Your family is gonna LOVE it and you'll be the envy of all your neighbors. Well worth every penny.

1 week later
    #290 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I like “gameroom in the desert” or “desert gameroom”

I like Desert Gameroom.

#295 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisS:

Did I miss what is happening upstairs? Is it 2 floors of pinball fun? It’s looking really good.

Yup 2 floors of fun.

#314 6 years ago

Crazy. I hope the roof facing the house that has the big overhang is on good.

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Oh yeah, super strong. I’ll ask the wind rating tomorrow when I talk to my metal guy, but I think it’s 120mph

That's like F2 isn't it?

#321 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I also went through the adventure of spray foaming the roof... more on this later

Oh that must have made a mess but it's the way to go for your set-up.

#327 6 years ago

Oh man that had to piss you off something bad.

#331 6 years ago

Are you just going to paint the ceiling flat black then?

2 weeks later
    #345 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Surprises will alter your mind... hint: no window, but closed off to the world

I'll have to see it finished to understand.

#350 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Foundation, electrical, framing, done !
    On the road to final... Then after what would a pinball room be without mods, yes some mods are tasteful, And expensive, in this case all of the above could be true

Looks good. How about some neons and lit pf's on the walls.

#355 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

The mods I’m talking about are much bigger than that

Bigger??? I gotta see this.

2 weeks later
    #370 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

More stuff done!
    Finished upper ceiling frame. Added drywall to 4 walls
    Victory is nearing all the time!

Great progress. You go with 3/8 or 1/2 drywall? You do the taping, muding and sanding?

#372 5 years ago

Good choice for thickness but that 5/8 is a pain.

1 week later
    #404 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks Paul !
    Thoughts?

Are the games going against that brick siding? If your looking to go wild with it get a graffite artist to spray florescent pinball related stuff on it. Just a fun thought.

#406 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Good thought, I know of 2 graffiti artists, one is maybe me, when I have the patience, the other is an unreliable addict that can paint some really mad skill type stuff. Unfortunately I may be the guy :-/

Cool if you could do it. Like I said it's a crazy idea and once you start there's no going back because of what your spraying on.

1 week later
    #418 5 years ago

What's the room in the first picture? Pin shop?

#420 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

It’s just the bottom floor, I plan to make a corner of my garage the shop, then move the finished games to the playing area

I see.

3 weeks later
    #430 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Playing with some LED lighting, and working on a door for where the lift will go.
    Oh yeah... Also, I have all of my electricity switches now controlling everything they’re supposed to. It’s taken a while, but this was a big hurdle.

I gotta see that lift.

2 weeks later
    #434 5 years ago

Yeah Texas get's a little toasty this time of year. Warpage, is it still usable? Looks like it.

#436 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

This is what I’m talking about... PM time mind you

... says 102 btw

Oh shit. That's as bad as us having -20 up here....but we only have it that bad for a few days.

#438 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yeah, weeks of this craziness. I have a whole day to work on it, and I’m not motivated to go into the heat :-/

There's no way you could put a small window unit in it and just work on the inside?

#441 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Large window frame, because;why not

Looks like a big screen tv.

#446 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

A little progress done, it’s like eating an elephant ... one bite at a time

Tell me about it....and I only did the inside of my garage.

#448 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Playing with a logo idea for a gameroom sign...
    A few hours in photoshop, don’t tell the Chinese that I have a knack for copying stuff )

I like it. Have it screen printed using UV ink and put a bl above it.

#453 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I also have no idea on where to have it screen printed with uv ink.

Check with a local T shirt printing company that prints shirts for kids baseball teams and such.

1 week later
    #459 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Added a little flair over the weekend, lots of cleaning and some repair, she purrs like a kitten
    Also... foo fighters + joust, what could go wrong??
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is gonna give you a nice selection of bottle beer. LOL

1 week later
    #468 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

So the door on the second floor that leads to the roof of your house?

I think there'a gonna be a balcony along that wall, that's why there's a big overhang.

#470 5 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

I just figured thats the door you send people you don’t like through.

#473 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

That was ACTUALLY in the original design, my better half didn’t approve, and neither did the city... actually, the city doesn’t care if I put a party deck up there, they don’t want me connecting it (the building) to the house
    I bet after some time passes, the Mrs and the City might forget about little ole me

That deck would have been cool but at least you don't have to worry about someone falling off it and suing your ass. So is the lift gonna be exposed?

1 week later
    #478 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yup... working on the up stairs again, it’s about time
    And got the stain and sealer finished on the wood exterior [quoted image][quoted image]

Would you hurry up.

#482 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

NO!
    There’s a lot little detail things I can’t stand to document, I’m trying to hit the highlights. I’m so ready to be done its not even funny. Lol

I hear ya, I did the complete inside of my 24x36x9'6" garage by myself and it took 1-1/2 years. Now I'm putting soffit rgb lighting on 3 walls and it's taking forever and of course the walls aren't straight so I have to put molding under it to hide the gaps but I was going to do that anyway to hide the screws so no big deal. I wish I could put the programable led strip in but man that stuff is expensive and power hungry.

You have the ac on while working inside?

IMGA0774 (resized).JPGIMGA0774 (resized).JPGIMGA0775 (resized).JPGIMGA0775 (resized).JPG

#485 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Finishing sucks. It’s like the last 10% of stuff takes 50% of time. I tore my 500sqft garage to the studs and I’m stuck in finishing hell myself right now. Just spent $600 on trim lumber and once I’m done with that, it’s DONE. I need to make a thread!

Finishing is where you spot things you should have done differently way back when and now you have to find a way to cover it up or do a work around. Yeah I'd like to see a thread.

3 weeks later
    #506 5 years ago

Wow you have been busy. Looks great.

2 weeks later
    #510 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have led neon strips I’m going to put on the top part of the wall, I also have a lot of vintage and new arcade and pinball posters I’m having framed to put above the games in various places. I’ve also collected several playfields, I plan to do something with those too... there’s going to be so much going on with arcade and pinball machines I’m trying not to go over kill. Going dark gray carpet on bottom floor , and arcade fluorescent carpet up stairs.
    Update!
    Final inspection completed... on to finishing my patio and Hvac soon! Moving forward
    [quoted image]

Dang your doing a patio enclosure too, that going to be glassed in.

#514 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Good ole fashioned stairs, just need time and few curious inquiring pinsiders to engineer some crazy stuff

Make sure you light um up. I got 3 sets of 4 at Ikea so each set of 4 changes color at different times.

IMGA0693 (resized).JPGIMGA0693 (resized).JPGIMGA0694 (resized).JPGIMGA0694 (resized).JPG
    #520 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

You sir are going into legendary status

hahahahahah thanks, found better pictures.

00 13 Aug pin ball hell (30) (resized).jpg00 13 Aug pin ball hell (30) (resized).jpg00 13 Aug pin ball hell (31) (resized).jpg00 13 Aug pin ball hell (31) (resized).jpg00 13 Aug pin ball hell (32) (resized).jpg00 13 Aug pin ball hell (32) (resized).jpg00 13 Aug pin ball hell (33) (resized).jpg00 13 Aug pin ball hell (33) (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #524 5 years ago

Those show great progress, won't be long now.

#531 5 years ago

I'd like to ride up and down on the outside lift you have.

#536 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

[quoted image]

Not quite ready for that kind of lift.

2 weeks later
    #540 5 years ago

Now that's cool, gonna make loading you gr a breeze. How much weight do ya think it would handle?

#544 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

The cable winch is rated at 1200lbs. The existing equipment is about 150lbs...
    I don’t think I have any games or anything else that’s over 500 lbs... I think my Virtua Racing Machine is the heaviest, but it comes apart in 2 pieces

Yeah your good.

3 weeks later
    #564 5 years ago

Do you have to worry about the heat this time of year?

#566 5 years ago

Not bad. those are good working temps.

1 month later
    #573 5 years ago

What are you using for carpet padding? I love my 3/8 inch memory foam.

#577 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yes! I’m using 3/8” padding... (I think it’s memory foam)

Memory foam looks like all one piece, chip foam looks like chips of different colored foam. Make sure to put black lights under your games, that brings the entire carpet to life.

#579 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yup, definitely don’t have memory foam
    Bro, you know me... lights galore

OK, I hope the dents don't get to bad with the regular padding. MORE LIGHTS!

1 week later
    #602 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I visit midland/odessa about once a month...hotels are like $350 per night. How much for a cot in your game room? Haha!

There ya go Chosen, $100 a night B&B with unlimited game play. Pay for that building in no time.

1 month later
    #629 4 years ago

Almost done, can't wait for the video. My only suggestion is get the pf's out from behind the games and put them on the ceiling.

3 weeks later
    #652 4 years ago

So glad to see it's finally done and it turned out like you imagined it. Now go play and think up another project.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MustangPaul.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backyard-gameroom-in-the-desert?tu=MustangPaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.