Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6CCCFCC7-4C18-45CC-BAE6-D28C9398F75E.gif
    E6E3FF10-4C5E-4EEF-BD19-3DEC5E083748 (resized).jpeg
    D00B7C0B-BB79-4F44-90C6-5202495F7ECE (resized).jpeg
    D2F8EE23-80C9-4A16-8BDA-BC49765A1BCF (resized).jpeg
    709ED91A-18D6-4CEC-BFA9-C3E09D69C034 (resized).jpeg
    4119E2B4-6DB6-4675-9B3D-BC907269602C (resized).jpeg
    D48BC97A-EE8F-4010-B258-4DAF09D8F486 (resized).jpeg
    AA1E122B-A07A-476D-9426-4E1C48F3BF50 (resized).jpeg
    DD597B70-1AC9-44FA-A4BF-E315E00B69A5 (resized).jpeg
    07107AB8-D167-4146-86BD-BCF1A2528FA1 (resized).jpeg
    64F86A4C-5972-4020-8B94-BDD491E0E329 (resized).jpeg
    6D96330F-01AE-49DD-8031-71AC610B810F (resized).jpeg
    8547DD24-91BB-4123-B8DD-48ADF48EED90 (resized).jpeg
    2BC2432B-23DD-402A-AAB0-FE7379757ECE (resized).jpeg
    96D7EC5A-8990-4BFA-BF20-54FA769AA686 (resized).jpeg
    Wayne's World small.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

263 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Chosen_S. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

I'm finally starting to get my gameroom built, its been about 3 years in planning, so maybe soon I can join the ranks of those that have a solid dedicated place. Right now all of my games are spread to 6 locations among family and friends homes. There's no real need for basements in this area of Texas, so everyone builds up and rarely down.

The plan is to build a 2 story extension to my house, but first it has to be built as a metal building accessory to be compliant with the city .

The electrical lines that come from the pole are in the way, so a new pole will be planted in the rear corner of my yard and the cables will run underground to the house.

So trenching will be first...
    (Actually... first I had to remove a 50 year old dying mulberry tree and a 10x16 metal shed... done)

Edit...

Spring 2019...

Building is 99.5% complete, just a few loose ends to tie up

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backyard-gameroom-in-the-desert

Simple explanation video

A better explanation video of the building coming soon

#2 7 years ago

IMG_3986 (resized).JPGIMG_3986 (resized).JPG

IMG_3987 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

IMG_4480 (resized).JPGIMG_4480 (resized).JPG

IMG_4481 (resized).JPGIMG_4481 (resized).JPG

IMG_4482 (resized).JPGIMG_4482 (resized).JPG

#4 7 years ago

IMG_4483 (resized).JPGIMG_4483 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
    #6 6 years ago

I've been working on it every day! More pics coming soon, just been working on the same area, I ran into some bedrock that has been a pain busting out... spending as little as possible for this phase. The next phase will be soon I hope!

#7 6 years ago

Removed the old building and got the new telephone pole installed in the corner of the yard, I have the trench and tunnel dug, waiting for pre inspection so I can finish the electrical conduit.

IMG_4674 (resized).JPGIMG_4674 (resized).JPG

IMG_4675 (resized).JPGIMG_4675 (resized).JPG

IMG_4676 (resized).JPGIMG_4676 (resized).JPG

IMG_4677 (resized).JPGIMG_4677 (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago

Inspector won't do pre inspection, lol

Conduit installed... 30" to the bottom, at least 24" to the top of the conduit

Oh... and a small curious child, which happens to be the most inspired pinball start button pusher that ever was... no kidding, every game in the house had a 4 player game started last time I turned them on for guests.

IMG_4683 (resized).JPGIMG_4683 (resized).JPG

IMG_4685 (resized).JPGIMG_4685 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

Re did the conduit to 2" from 2.5", using a longer sweep.. inspection complete

IMG_4700 (resized).JPGIMG_4700 (resized).JPG

IMG_4701 (resized).JPGIMG_4701 (resized).JPG

1 month later
    #10 6 years ago

#demoday

IMG_5020 (resized).JPGIMG_5020 (resized).JPG

IMG_5021 (resized).JPGIMG_5021 (resized).JPG

#13 6 years ago

The company arrive at 6:30 this Saturday morning, ready to go with equipment, saws blaring and busting up existing concrete... I love disturbing my neighbors

#15 6 years ago

IMG_5033 (resized).JPGIMG_5033 (resized).JPG

IMG_5032 (resized).JPGIMG_5032 (resized).JPG

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are you going to have some kind of elevator system to get the games up and down?

Yes, I plan to build a cage that can be lifted by a winch, then the cage can be locked into place on the edge of the 2nd floor when not in use

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

A structure like that here would not pass any zoning here. In a single family residential area, with restrictions on building square footage ratio to lot size. It would have to have a garage door on it. Being a garage in a residential area there are also restrictions on the height of the structure.
    Keep us posted, on your progress, congrats.

Here we can have a 1 story, 600sq foot detached storage, with a height of 20ft. It has to be 5ft from the adjoining property line, but can use the rear property line as a wall as long as there is no garage door, if there's a garage door, then it must be inset 10 feet from the alley property line.
    I'm within guidelines... at least as far as the inspections will be concerned

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

Nice work!! Keep up on that custom TX Sector artwork too!

Thanks! And uh, I think I may do some side art maybe for TX, Star_Gazer is doing a great job on the translite!

I just went on vacation so I won't have any new stuff done afaik til next Friday, so in the mean time all I'll be doing is thinking of ideas for the interior

1 week later
    #29 6 years ago

Back from vacation! Back to work---

Floor power boxes in place as well as cat 6 runs in place

An extra clean out and pipe run for sink.

IMG_5075 (resized).JPGIMG_5075 (resized).JPG

IMG_5076 (resized).JPGIMG_5076 (resized).JPG

IMG_5072 (resized).JPGIMG_5072 (resized).JPG

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

What are ya planning on putting in the middle of the floor, bar?

I don't know exactly what the layout will be just yet :-/

BUT! I'm trying to plan for anything... I also have a bunch of arcade games that I need to figure out placement for also... I'll also be looking for a skee ball, or ice ball and should have a few spaces for more future pins

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang...is that new space gonna be big enough for all that plus all your pins?

With 2 stories and a few places for games in the built in patio, I sure hope so...
    1200 square feet game room space
    340 under the patio (which I will build glass walls into)

I'll build it up in sketch up again and look to see how it all fits now that I know my exact layout , last time I did, it all fit and I had plenty of room to spare

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Can't wait for the build, I'm watching every step.

Right on! Thanks man,... I'll keep things updated

#36 6 years ago

Concrete day 1!

2 of The electrical boxes accidentally got filled with concrete, so we had to chisel it out, no big deal

IMG_5082 (resized).JPGIMG_5082 (resized).JPG

IMG_5080 (resized).JPGIMG_5080 (resized).JPG

IMG_5081 (resized).JPGIMG_5081 (resized).JPG

#38 6 years ago

Well this is frustrating ...

IMG_5084 (resized).JPGIMG_5084 (resized).JPG

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

They took the yellow caps off and filled then in? Boneheads. Doesn't rain when ya want it too and rains when ya DON'T want it too. But you guys needed the water right. Is your building a kit or stick built? That 2nd floor is gonna have to be VERY sturdy.

Yes.. boneheads! Actually it was an accident, the lids popped off when they were smoothing stuff out.

Yes we desperately need a lot of rain.

The first floor ceiling and walls / 2nd floor is an engineered steel structure I'm purchasing from a local steel building mfg. it's designed to hold 20,000+ lbs

The rest will be built of wood and metal

IMG_5085 (resized).PNGIMG_5085 (resized).PNG

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

My backyard is just a backyard

and my game room is just a game room.

Well, there are a few games in the clubhouse too.

Awesome! .... but! Are you in the desert?

Beautiful yard btw! That's a rare sight where I am, actually it's pretty non existent here, lol

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow, yeah that will hold your games. What does the 2nd floor and roof look like? You gettin a pool table too?

A hybrid of these two images are what I have in mind

IMG_5092 (resized).JPGIMG_5092 (resized).JPG

IMG_5093 (resized).JPGIMG_5093 (resized).JPG

#46 6 years ago

Concrete day 2!

IMG_5089 (resized).JPGIMG_5089 (resized).JPG

IMG_5090 (resized).JPGIMG_5090 (resized).JPG

IMG_5088 (resized).JPGIMG_5088 (resized).JPG

IMG_5091 (resized).JPGIMG_5091 (resized).JPG

#52 6 years ago

Metal should be in next week to build the initial frame

4 weeks later
    #53 6 years ago

Took the building company a little more time to build the steel I needed, delivered yesterday. Now I finally get to start working on things again.

IMG_5264 (resized).JPGIMG_5264 (resized).JPG

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

A grownups erector set. Those big beams are heavy I'll bet. Are you gonna erect this?

You bet! I'll rent a forklift and bribe a few buddy's with beer

#57 6 years ago

Hahaha, well, they can have beer afterwards while they gaze on their fine handiwork

#59 6 years ago

Fun with Friends, Family and forklifts + they didn't want food or beer!?!?!?

IMG_5291 (resized).JPGIMG_5291 (resized).JPG

IMG_5292 (resized).JPGIMG_5292 (resized).JPG

#62 6 years ago

I'll spend part of tomorrow straightening up the columns and the rafters, then torquing down all the bolts. I should be ready for wood frames soon I hope, this next week is super busy for me, so it may be a little bit before I start framing. Feels good to finally see big stuff happening

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

When do you start on the second story?

I spent the day leveling and adjusting all of the metal, if I posted a pic, it would look the same.

The 2nd story will be built of wood on top of the metal structure, so hopefully soon! I need some stairs and I'm also ready for some privacy, my rear neighbors have been able to see the back of my house for months now, I wander if any of them saw my woz through the dining room window.

I have a lot to do now, but at least I'm not waiting on concrete or metal, so hopefully there's little to wait on for a while and I can just start framing.

And I keep getting asked the question by my friends and family... "so... the whole 2 stories is for games!!??"

My answer... YES!

And... they look at me in surprise and are bewildered... just the response I wanted.

My neighborhood Contains a very large park and it acts as a catch for rain that flows off the neighborhood, because of this it is a breeding ground for mosquitoes... so my family and I hate going in our backyard in the dead of the summer, even though we have fun there, we would rather be inside away from the mosquitoes... many other families have done similar things... indoor pools, big trampoline room, screened in BBQ kitchen... us... big 2 story game room!

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Looking great brother!

Thank you bud!

3 weeks later
    #70 6 years ago

Some frame work up and starting on the 2nd floor, I'm exhausted, lol

Screwing the wood to 1/4" steel was a challenge to figure out.

Building the floor of the 2nd story is time consuming

But I'm having a blast

IMG_5454 (resized).JPGIMG_5454 (resized).JPG

IMG_5347 (resized).JPGIMG_5347 (resized).JPG

IMG_5348 (resized).JPGIMG_5348 (resized).JPG

IMG_5455 (resized).JPGIMG_5455 (resized).JPG

IMG_5457 (resized).JPGIMG_5457 (resized).JPG

#72 6 years ago

About 1200 square feet with the building, another 300 with the breezeway and enclosed patio.

#Blessedwithawifethatapproves

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Man that's lookin great. I wish I could help, I love that kind of building. I had a blast doing the inside of my garage/shop/Gameroom II. I imagine you have to drill and bolt the walls down. What spacing are the bolts required to be? Are you also using tie straps or plates on all the wall studs? Don't just trust 2 screws or spikes per stud to hold the walls together in high winds.

Thanks much!

I dont know what the requirements are, but I was thinking about every 2 feet I'd place a 1/4" bolt to tie the framing to the metal and wood together. The metal is 1/4" thick plate steel,

I have some metal strapping to pull the studs together, I'm using 2x6's to build the top level frame.

Keep the good advise coming, I don't have a lot of experience with code, but I'm learning fast.

so far electrical phase 1 has passed as well as foundation. Electrical phase 2, plumbing (there is no plumbing) and final is what's left on the list, my understand is that the interior fascia (drywall etc) needs to be done after the final inspection so framing and electrical can be approved, hope I'm right, I can't seem to get an inspector to talk to me, by email or phone, nor can I find any building code for my city, I'm having to go off of old code books.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd suggest running a grade 8 bolt and nut, 1/2 inch through a 1/4 inch thick plate steel on top of the wood then through the I beam. Don't trust just washers, you need a rectangular plate to distribute the clamping force over a larger area. Your only going to do this once so go as heavy duty as you can.
    2x6 is the way to go.

I can do that! Just so happens I have some 1/2" bolts that should do the trick, square washers... I'll go find some

Got some more decking knocked out today...

IMG_5458 (resized).JPGIMG_5458 (resized).JPG

IMG_5459 (resized).JPGIMG_5459 (resized).JPG

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

The sill plates, bottoms of the walls are 2x6 right? They are 5-1/2 inches wide so make the plates 5-1/2 x 5-1/2. You'll be golden then using the full width of the board for strength not just a 2 inch circle. You'll make good brownie points with the inspector too. ) Damn that looks like fun.

Good advise, and also.., thank you for spending more money for me, lol

Quoted from PinPatch:

Are you putting external structural plywood to top level walls to act as a brace? You might nor need to do the entire length of walls but rather one sheet on each side of corner.
    Might be an idea to hire or borrow from your steel guy a magnetic drill to drill the holes where you are fixing walls to steel beam. Before you lift the wall frames, drill holes then lift frames and drill the bottom plate from underneath.
    Magnet drill should "stick" through the sheet flooring, or it might fit within the beam on the outside.
    You don't want to drill a those holes the traditional way!

Good idea here too, thank you, I've been discussing the magnetic drill with my metal guy, I hope he comes through.

I have a 300ft roll of galvalum strapping to brace the corners, I have to do it this way because of the metal roof, if I plywood the corners, i will need to plywood the entire roof. Unfortunately and fortunately I can't do this.

I'm getting closer with the floor, I'm in a race against the clock, it's supposed to rain a lot next week, so I'm trying to tighten everything down as good as I can as fast as I can

IMG_5463 (resized).JPGIMG_5463 (resized).JPG

IMG_5464 (resized).JPGIMG_5464 (resized).JPG

#81 6 years ago

The flooring is engineered tongue and groove osb, I've been using ribbed hurricane nails, I'll finish it off with deck screws. I have enough plastic to cover the top floor with, but I may get more to be on the safe side. I've got bricks to weigh it down.

After I osb sheet the outer shell I will wrap it with tyvek, tape it and staple it, then cover it with cement siding and D panel.

I'm taking 2-3 hour lunches and working after work and weekends when time allows. I'm filling in as much time as I can, so when I have an opportunity to be with friends and family, I don't feel guilty from not working on it. My 2 boys are loving the project, they get a kick out of helping me. Especially my 4 year old, he asks about 2500 questions an hour, keeps me sharp, lol

#85 6 years ago

Big time props on using the torque head screws for the decking! Love those things

The 2nd story sub floor is finished, about to move on to drilling holes for the 2nd story framing, I bought a hole hawg steel bit that I can start drilling with until my buddy comes through with a mag drill

IMG_5470 (resized).JPGIMG_5470 (resized).JPG

IMG_5471 (resized).JPGIMG_5471 (resized).JPG

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

RE plywood bracing, without knowing the finish on the inside, you can put plywood on the inside of the walls. Plywood really stops movement a lot better than metal bracing in my opinion.
    (In Australia nearly all corners require ply bracing)

Good call, I'll use ply on the inside, should work great!

#90 6 years ago

went to my local bolt supply, they don't have large plates for the bolts, just hardened flat round washers, but they also had 2" washers; a couple of builders were in and one them said that using the 2" washers plus the hardened flat, plus a lock washer would marry the wood to the steel, the screws holding the wood together will rip apart before the 2x6 will separate from the steel with this setup. I have one more source to find some steel plates, so I'll check there too, other than that I would have to make them.

2 weeks later
    #94 6 years ago

Last week rained, a lot. All of my insulation got wet that I just laid in, as well as the osb, all despite my best efforts. I had plenty of plastic and a 30x40 tarp, but nothing held the water back... it actually took me the entire week to figure out how to make a tent out of the tarp to repel the water, alas work continues.

After I get the 2nd floor roof on and get the building sheeted in osb and wrapped in tyvek, I’ll rip up the insulated floor and replace the ruined pieces of insulation and clean any mild and mildew. We’ve had several 80+degree days, maybe it’s not that bad??? Still frustrating...

Still more framing work to do, I finally slowed down to snap a few pics

30296E4E-A4A1-407F-A820-CD891BD46302 (resized).jpeg30296E4E-A4A1-407F-A820-CD891BD46302 (resized).jpeg

28E3192C-9601-42B7-85F3-FF86CB5E818E (resized).jpeg28E3192C-9601-42B7-85F3-FF86CB5E818E (resized).jpeg

89B4A4E3-523F-4049-9662-D713A5509691 (resized).jpeg89B4A4E3-523F-4049-9662-D713A5509691 (resized).jpeg

5DB257CD-358D-4838-B646-EB7C051CDD0E (resized).jpeg5DB257CD-358D-4838-B646-EB7C051CDD0E (resized).jpeg

130BA0A3-C307-4C3B-8541-21AB5205D56A (resized).jpeg130BA0A3-C307-4C3B-8541-21AB5205D56A (resized).jpeg

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man sorry to hear about all that wet insulation and flooring, that's gonna be a real pain to redo. As long as you used screws to put the osb down it won't be tooooo bad. At least your wall studs aren't on top of the flooring.

Thanks man, I’ve got a mix of nails and screws holding that osb down, I bought some good pry bars to help out.

1 week later
    #98 6 years ago

I got some major work done this week, purlin up and braces in place, then put about 11 hours in yesterday to get the roof on. All by myself. I did have some help from my friend Joe with the purlins earlier in the week though.

The roof calls for 1000 screws but I lack installing about 50 of them , it got dark and both of my legs and my left arm lost functionality and started cramping. I could barely get down the ladder. Who needs CrossFit when you can build a two story building.

01C3110E-AECF-46CF-9AFA-3D1BF34BE26D (resized).jpeg01C3110E-AECF-46CF-9AFA-3D1BF34BE26D (resized).jpeg
    E6916AB1-82B0-41C7-B6C4-8CCB55E993BA (resized).jpegE6916AB1-82B0-41C7-B6C4-8CCB55E993BA (resized).jpeg
    486458C7-998F-46CF-8CA2-AF3799EEC8DB (resized).jpeg486458C7-998F-46CF-8CA2-AF3799EEC8DB (resized).jpeg
    4F02F6F5-5A63-4D87-8924-01EBDB062247 (resized).jpeg4F02F6F5-5A63-4D87-8924-01EBDB062247 (resized).jpeg
    B94A1E1D-69AD-4584-B444-6B571412F2A0 (resized).jpegB94A1E1D-69AD-4584-B444-6B571412F2A0 (resized).jpeg

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW!!! That's some great progress and some overhang over the house. I'm guessing the roof pitch is towards the alley correct. I've never put roof screws in steel beams before, it must be fun. Stay safe on that roof.

The roof pitch is toward my neighbors house/fence (west side ) , the concrete there slopes to the alley, the city code won’t allow direct drip water displacement to the alley. I plan to put in a gutter system to help in this as well

#107 6 years ago

Thanks guys, I’m bustin a$$ every day,

I’m at a place where I may need some heavy equipment again, my uncle tells me he’s got a fire mans ladder I can use to put on the upper sheets. I’m trying to determine the best course of action, I have a few ideas

Apparently the hurricanes have created high demand for 7/16” 4x8’ osb, it’s shot up to over $17 per sheet! Insane, I still need a whole bunch of it too , grrrrr

Pics tomorrow

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

How much to have a crane truck deliver sheets to the top of the roof? Seriously is a pain pushing sheets up that high. Otherwise three people. Two on roof with ropes, to pull sheets up and one on the ground floor to tie the ropes around each end of each sheet.

Yes, roof is done I hustled those sheets up myself’ one level at a time

Quoted from MustangPaul:

The roof is steel so no sheets needed up there.

I would think the best way would be to rent some scaffolding. 2 men on the scaffolding positioning and screwing it and one person on the bottom with a 2x4 brace proping the sheet in place to be screwed down.

Scaffolding is also a great idea, and a 2x4.
    Looks like I may need to commission a few buddies, although I do have this wild idea that involves a bucket of bricks, some paracord and a few screws- Merica!

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

This is gonna be really nice. Wish I could build something like this on my property.

Thank you buddy

Quoted from MustangPaul:

When you overlaped the roof sheets what did you use to seal them with?
    Will be interesting to see what you come up with.

The roofing is glued at the seams with mastic, and then joining screws tighten the mastic seal.

Started sheeting, read code last night that the 2nd floor needs the panels vertical to provide the best stability against wind, and I figured plywood is the best choice. I removed an 8’ panel and put up a vertical sheet

7BB38181-F1F5-49DB-805A-BF59AFD554B7 (resized).jpeg7BB38181-F1F5-49DB-805A-BF59AFD554B7 (resized).jpeg

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Nice. Do they want you to stagger the vertical sheet? Good choice with using plywood. I was going to suggest that, makes the 2nd floor much stronger.

I’m not real sure on the staggering, but, I put them vertical anyway

184FC299-9FCA-46A8-9E59-7970FD4048F6 (resized).jpeg184FC299-9FCA-46A8-9E59-7970FD4048F6 (resized).jpeg

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Awesome thread ! I was just looking through some of your post and I didn't see anything in regards to engineering calcs on the structure. Does your township not require them? I can't imagine the powers that be allowing construction of a 2 story structure without proper wind loads, seismic, or deflection criteria outlined in a stamped package.

I have an engineer stamped package for the metal structure, I’m awaiting the inspection for the 2nd floor, as well as having a professional look over my work... the city wants to do an electrical inspection and follow up with a framing inspection; 2 different inspectors. I’m trying to have the city reverse that order so I can fix any issues before I run electrical

Quoted from Whysnow:

staggering is a good idea and will add strength. You will have to rip the top sheets anyway, so might as well put the rip on the bottom of the next column. Like laying hardwood you dont want multiple rows/colums with the same seam.

You’re right, I’m going to let a pro take a look to see what the consensus is before my metal siding goes on, if code forces me to stagger, I guess I’ll be pulling sheets and redoing them Again.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your gonna insulate it too right? Besides all those permits you got I had to get an insulation permit and inspection and a gas heater permit too.

Yes, I’ll insulate too, no permit necessary for it or heater

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

But you're gonna put up a vapor barrier on the inside right?

I’ll flash the bottom seam, and tyvek wrap the outside (vapor barrier) and insulate the interior with a mix of 2” closed cell foam and spray in foam.

We have light restrictions on insulation due to the mild winters in West Texas, I could even get away with just exterior vapor barrier and no insulation and still heat and cool

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well Tyvek breaths so it't not a vapor barrier, 4 to 6 mil plastic sheeting is a vapor barrier and put on the inside on top of the insulation, except sprayed foam then the drywall goes on top of that. But not in your area?

All that is required is tyvek or zip board system on the outer sheeting but behind the outer layer (brick, Vaneer, or siding) , on the interior; only insulation and drywall, how much insulation is up to the builder, 2” foam does the trick around here.

I guess there is not much in the way of regulation on the insulation here, we get a lot of wind, not much rain, not much snow or ice, coldest it gets here in the dead of winter is about 12 degrees, maybe colder with wind chill, but not often. My shop at work is fairly insulated and in 10 years I have not seen it get colder than 30 degrees.

However, it gets really hot, sometimes 115, so we have to insulate the roof very well to deflect heat, that’s usually the main concern.

Quoted from kid_ego:

Very cool project...and thread!
    Keep posting those pics and can't wait to see the finished project.

Thanks a lot! I’m working hard

#131 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

If using spray foam , for the love of god put additional power points etc as no hope of running cables in the future!!

Totally plan to, they’ll be everywhere, even floor and ceiling, and every 5 will be on a 20 amp breaker .

Quoted from eh97ac:

Spray foam will help with the heat.
    Real example in this thread http://pinballrevolution.com/threads/building-a-dream.429/page-19#post-42399

Check this out...

I know this cuts into how much time the process will take, but I’m trying to save $$ on what I can... there’s still games to be bought right!?
    I will probably get a 1/3 in to the process and decide to spray anyway, who knows.

Now, I still plan to spray the ceiling on the 2nd floor, there’s no way I’m doing that by hand, I may even contract it out.

Quoted from Pinzap:

Have you been to West Texas Paul? I think they’re still in search of vapor in that area!!

In fact, there’s such a lack of vapor, stores have popped up selling the stuff in small quantities.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vape+shop+midland+tx&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari&dlnr=1&sei=b6fsWde4GejRjwTu75OIAw

Yesterday’s work... yes I know my staggering sucks, I’ll change it if my pro home builder buddy says I need to, over the phone he said the inspector won’t look for it.

I discovered that I need more of a gap in the top sheets to allow for flashing. I’ll be fixing that today, also...

I bet my neighbors are looking forward to their privacy again (they moved in about a year ago and immediately raised the cinderblock fence 2 blocks)

308D8CDF-DCB3-4EF9-B07F-0F5CDC169CDB (resized).jpeg308D8CDF-DCB3-4EF9-B07F-0F5CDC169CDB (resized).jpeg

337A69B0-DA6C-4784-A02F-0D482326D366 (resized).jpeg337A69B0-DA6C-4784-A02F-0D482326D366 (resized).jpeg

B22CC929-1404-4E50-9FB1-89E5700D12EA (resized).jpegB22CC929-1404-4E50-9FB1-89E5700D12EA (resized).jpeg

A1005E5D-6593-4763-A4E9-D77036E6A3AD (resized).jpegA1005E5D-6593-4763-A4E9-D77036E6A3AD (resized).jpeg

#133 6 years ago

Not much new to report, I had 2 pros come by to look things over and give me a few things to fix...

I’m still sheeting the sides, I got some scaffolding that’s a pain to move, but is great for getting the hard to reach stuff safely.

I went back and re framed the areas on the walls on the 2nd floor where the sheets vertical breaks showed, I’ll finish sheeting the west wall tomorrow and finish all of the screw work on the sheets as well (have to have a screw or nail every 6” on the frame through the sheet, I previously thought it was every 1’)

Installed hurricane ties to the roof purlin .

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Dig the pics with the lawn furniture on the second floor one heck of a tree house / fort at this point.... Got to be a good time chilling out up there this time of year.

You bet! Already had a few guys nights up there with drinks and cigars.

West wall sheeting done, sealing and insulation should be fun... the sheets were not planned out well, I’ll take more time planning the other walls when the sheets are cut, live and learn

925D4A0C-7A6C-46C1-9BB8-2C386D3CC442 (resized).jpeg925D4A0C-7A6C-46C1-9BB8-2C386D3CC442 (resized).jpeg

FFCB6263-4504-493E-91DD-F5A761A267D7 (resized).jpegFFCB6263-4504-493E-91DD-F5A761A267D7 (resized).jpeg

#137 6 years ago

Got the rest of the screws/nails in the north wall, started removing the nails from the upper floor to replace any moldy insulation, I’ll remove the screws and 3/4” sheets soon

BF4426F8-565D-4039-8709-9C779931A2A2 (resized).jpegBF4426F8-565D-4039-8709-9C779931A2A2 (resized).jpeg

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

To soon for mold I would think. I hope you use all screws on the new flooring, you'll never have a squeak.

Who knows, but since it got wet like it did, I’m going to check , I need to reset the sheets more staggered than I did and sand down the edges and paint the entire floor to seal it, should be fun!

1 week later
    #141 6 years ago

Started pulling apart the floor, lots to clean under the insulation, no big deal

27653656-0476-4131-A157-4ABD791CDC36 (resized).jpeg27653656-0476-4131-A157-4ABD791CDC36 (resized).jpeg

73AF2C82-EB40-46B6-8B0D-4A8F8F28CA9F (resized).jpeg73AF2C82-EB40-46B6-8B0D-4A8F8F28CA9F (resized).jpeg

209F4AFE-34D9-459D-A181-FBD39B81752E (resized).jpeg209F4AFE-34D9-459D-A181-FBD39B81752E (resized).jpeg

A65C89B6-45FF-4E9E-B1CA-741ADC6B94F4 (resized).jpegA65C89B6-45FF-4E9E-B1CA-741ADC6B94F4 (resized).jpeg

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

What a mess, you buy that stuff by the case. Hose it down, let it dry then hose it down and let it dry REAL good then you'll be ready to go.

Ha! At $14 a bottle, I have 2, I’ll go back for a third to finish it off. It actually goes a long way covering every cavity

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn that's expensive, probably just bleach too.

Nope, it’s not bleach I have that too, this stuff is pretty special anti-mold, I’ll get a pic of the label tomorrow

3 weeks later
    #146 6 years ago

Floor cleaned and put back together... check

Building wrapped... check

Bottom outside edges flashed... check

Doors installed... check

Fixed big 2nd story header top plate... check

1st floor window frame made... check

Bought 2 pins that I don’t need... check

Finished bottom cabinet of Medusa restore... check

Led’d color changing spare earthshaker playfield for overhead lighting... check

Next...
    Start sections of exterior with Hardie plank
    Get electrical boxes installed
    Run electrical wire and conduit
    Install overhead lights
    Install window
    Sand, level and seal 2nd story sub floor
    Electrical inspection

181BC27F-6A8C-478E-8216-94D44BCB4B0C (resized).jpeg181BC27F-6A8C-478E-8216-94D44BCB4B0C (resized).jpeg

89EF3C41-402B-4FDD-9F1A-E5326873DFE7 (resized).jpeg89EF3C41-402B-4FDD-9F1A-E5326873DFE7 (resized).jpeg

4E4161C4-3A5B-4248-A36E-17080E3A16E3 (resized).jpeg4E4161C4-3A5B-4248-A36E-17080E3A16E3 (resized).jpeg

5C731662-3294-46F1-B467-F99937A6E298 (resized).jpeg5C731662-3294-46F1-B467-F99937A6E298 (resized).jpeg

BD826B97-B2F5-4566-8447-A98400FA9A81 (resized).jpegBD826B97-B2F5-4566-8447-A98400FA9A81 (resized).jpeg

41E948BB-4714-4395-A58F-265CF6738143 (resized).jpeg41E948BB-4714-4395-A58F-265CF6738143 (resized).jpeg

724312C0-F4A0-439E-A96E-3E7B346392B2 (resized).jpeg724312C0-F4A0-439E-A96E-3E7B346392B2 (resized).jpeg

3A94C0C8-C9D6-4AA9-B329-9A5DF0C1185C (resized).jpeg3A94C0C8-C9D6-4AA9-B329-9A5DF0C1185C (resized).jpeg

77654D8B-9238-4DF9-B661-28E5B4C2551A (resized).jpeg77654D8B-9238-4DF9-B661-28E5B4C2551A (resized).jpeg

#151 6 years ago

Thank you guys!

The doors are sealed

51365D7F-8A18-4C79-BE63-27E05A4A08E8 (resized).png51365D7F-8A18-4C79-BE63-27E05A4A08E8 (resized).png

#152 6 years ago

Today’s little bit of work

135D8B37-E813-468D-B954-2E47FA21ECAC (resized).jpeg135D8B37-E813-468D-B954-2E47FA21ECAC (resized).jpeg

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Chosen_S, I actually meant the door itself, if it is like the ones down under the metal cladding will have a seam on the top of the actual door. It there is a seam, seal it with a suitable caulk, likewise seal the rose around the door handle.
    Trust me I have changed dozens of metal clad doors and they are a real PIA as you can't plane them etc.
    Once again looking good

I think I see, I’ll look closer at it and seal it up

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from Freeplay40:

A little drip guard or small awning over the door would be good too!

Small awning I just need to find one
    Or I’ll make something...

Or maybe nothing... there’s a 7 foot awning above the door... the other door will definitely have something

#158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’d assume that you wouldn’t have to worry that much about moisture in the desert.

I really don’t, but we get 90percent of our rainfall all in 1 week. It’s crazy... we get bad hail every 7 years. Usually it’s windy most of the time, but lately it’s been nice.

I plan to seal everything up with paint, just hadn’t thought to seal the very top of the door and the door knob, that was good advise.

1 week later
    #160 6 years ago

Thanks Mustang!

A little more...
    (With drip guard on the door.. planning on an awning as well)
    5F016470-32B7-4972-93AA-69BAA86604CF (resized).jpeg5F016470-32B7-4972-93AA-69BAA86604CF (resized).jpeg

EDBDC0CB-E3B1-4A14-BF23-47ECB28822B5 (resized).jpegEDBDC0CB-E3B1-4A14-BF23-47ECB28822B5 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #162 6 years ago

More done... it would get done a little faster if I would stop leaving town to go have fun

The top floor 1/2” insulated with closed cell foam and sealed with great stuff ... window on bottom floor installed

854EDD5E-DC4A-4A32-BC20-B982306410A1 (resized).jpeg854EDD5E-DC4A-4A32-BC20-B982306410A1 (resized).jpeg

DE2A045E-D56C-4504-8A7E-E696F5B86F2B (resized).jpegDE2A045E-D56C-4504-8A7E-E696F5B86F2B (resized).jpeg

08804819-2E46-46F4-A07D-5B535882B912 (resized).jpeg08804819-2E46-46F4-A07D-5B535882B912 (resized).jpeg

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

Was that unused header a design change, or future proofing?
    I have similar in my living room wall, for a future fireplace addition, that never happened.

Yes, I Was planning on a deck outside of that, and put French doors there.

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good no more rain getting inside. What do ya have planner for both ceilings?

Bottom floor ceiling will get the off black paint industrial treatment, top floor ceiling will get insulated and sheet rocked, and a little 80’s flair

Quoted from radium:Looking good. I been working on my garage teardown/arcade conversion since June so I think you're making good progress. I've been stuck in finishing world for a couple months now, still got floor and trim to do! You've got me wanting to make a thread for it.

Please make a thread , I love seeing what others ideas are...
    I worked the backyard for 2 years, then...
    Foundation was laid in July I believe, and I’ve been working on the building ever since, I think I’ll be finished by mid summer

#169 6 years ago

Some more...

B4303C19-A9F7-49EA-8A30-7AEEF504D80B (resized).jpegB4303C19-A9F7-49EA-8A30-7AEEF504D80B (resized).jpeg

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from mgpasman:

Out of curiosity, are you planning some kind of lift to bring your machines up to the second floor, or just stairs?

Absolutely yes... a lift is planned. Once I get a little closer to building it, I’ll put up pics and video

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

looking great dude!
    Thanks for sharing this thread! I like being able to live vicariously through you till the day comes that I can build my new space.

Thanks a lot !

It’s getting hard to work on with the sun going down at 5:30pm, I’ll start chipping away at more soon when metal and glass arrive though

4 weeks later
    #178 6 years ago

Fellas, been fighting some design issues with the framing and electrical, it’s difficult maneuvering around steel you can’t drill or cut. And I’m not an electrician, so I’m referring to my electrician over the phone about what to do with nothing visual to go off of. Time... I just need more time too. Don’t we all??
    I also had a gas leak. We discovered it at Midnight Sunday , and rushed to a hotel, then spent all Monday repairing it...

The metal conduit in the box is for data; to keep static off the cat6. Started on the can lights as well, and roughing in 12/2 romex

Pics say it all

FFB78029-228D-4AD0-A371-9C631FAF0ACD (resized).jpegFFB78029-228D-4AD0-A371-9C631FAF0ACD (resized).jpeg

03AE6FD3-22B7-4732-B755-A326A3944E58 (resized).jpeg03AE6FD3-22B7-4732-B755-A326A3944E58 (resized).jpeg

EA7D62B6-4DFA-4C29-B9FB-E54542493F94 (resized).jpegEA7D62B6-4DFA-4C29-B9FB-E54542493F94 (resized).jpeg

989EF038-CBA5-4A05-A57D-57F6722B9A3D (resized).jpeg989EF038-CBA5-4A05-A57D-57F6722B9A3D (resized).jpeg

BA9F5405-9015-4C51-AAE5-F449CD9C26F1 (resized).jpegBA9F5405-9015-4C51-AAE5-F449CD9C26F1 (resized).jpeg

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Is that romex running through the PVC conduit in that picture? Check with your electrician about that; I don't believe NEC allows for romex to be run inside any type of conduit.

From what I read in code and gather from around the internet, you are correct; in all wet environments, I believe there’s a bit of gray area when it comes to dry environments (which is where I’m working). Heat and space in the conduit becomes the only issues, so I’ll be digging in further to see what is allowed, as far as I read; the 1 foot of conduit Im in so far will not be enough to gather heat, but, the space that the romex is in may be constraining, so I may be changing a few things in that specific route.

Quoted from TheMickster:What a fantastic project, and I have been enjoying this from the beginning, but I have to ask, as I have been waiting for others to make a comment, why do your steel outside doors seem to have the door handles positioned to be locked from the outside, are you trying to keep everyone locked in? Most outdoor entrance and exit doors, (per code) are installed to open out, and not having to be pulled in to exit...
    I am sure there might be a reason....again, great project and we are all enjoying all of the work you are putting into this......

Hey thanks!

The door handles have been recently turned around. I was unaware of actual door opening egress codes, but for the record, there will be a set of doors that will open toward the outside. And strange how all of the doors on my house open toward the inside. I will be looking into this as well.

Quoted from MustangPaul:WOW a gas leak, good you caught it. Looks like you'll have to have a drop ceiling because of the electrical.

The ceiling will stay exposed, however I’ll be following all conduit guidelines to keep electrical lines hidden and keeping the industrial feel.

Yes, we are so glad we found the gas leak. We’ve been searching for weeks, no meters or outside guests could smell it, my closet door was closed for the weekend, when it is usually constantly opened, the gas collected enough for us to finally detect it, it was really just a happen stance.

#185 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

My current home, and every home I have ever lived in, the doors open inward. Maybe outward is commercial code?

I just read stuff for about 30 minutes on the difference, yes, my findings are that commercial exit doors need to open to the public, but residential it doesn’t matter, as long as the “1 required exit” landings are proper and clear of obstruction (depending on the size of residence and occupancy load)

#187 6 years ago

I need some help on switches for everything

So far the plan is:
    Floor 1:
    3 switches for lighting
    5 switches for games
    (each switch is on a 20amp breaker, no more than 4-5 games on each switch).

Also a copy of light switches from floor 2 (3 way switches to be able to control ALL lights from floor 1)

Floor 2:
    2 switches for lighting
    5 switches for games

I’m not sure what type of light switches to use, I would like to use smart switches for the lighting that are also dimmable. And for the games I would like to be able to use some sort of security switch, like a covered rocker or something. But I’m not sure what to do

Any help?

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Have you considered an automation controller instead? My plan is to mount an iPad in the wall and run my Zwave controllers app on it. That will allow me full control of lighting and outlets.
    I’ll also have voice control now that Alexa can interface with my controller.
    No need to have all the outlets on switches. It’s also bad ass to be able to turn things on and off with a wall mounted iPad or voice control.
    For example, when I walk into my theater, I just say “Alexa, turn on watch a movie”. It turns on the screen lights, the sconses and the step lights. When I’m ready to start the move, I just say “Alexa, turn on Start the movie” and all the lights get dimmed (except for the step lights).
    You could do the same thing with the games. Walk in and say “Alexa, turn on play pinball” and all the games turn on.

I want to plan for this... I truly do, but I have a 4 year old, and already Alexa has been told 65 times in the last week to “play ghostbusters song”. For the time being, I need everything on a quick touch normal Switch, however, I know there are systems that will be better than a standard 15a light switch, I also have an iPad2 sitting around that I can utilize. I will look into this Zwave you speak of.

Quoted from BlueBlood:

If you do add any type of HA switches, be sure to run a neutral to them. 12/3 with ground.

I’ve already run 12/2 Romex; it has 3 wires in it, except for the actual switch wires coming from the box, I bet those will be different, I have not run those yet, rather; my electrician hasn’t run those. (Im doing most of the work, he’s doing a very select few things)

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from BlueBlood:

The 12/2 gives you a power leg(Black) and your switch leg(white). With 12/3, the switch leg will be your red wire, keeping the white for your neutral. Just tell your electrician you want a neutral to your switch boxes, he will take care of it. Even if you don’t do it now, you will have a wire there if you decide to in the future.
    You will need a hub like SmartThings, this will need to connect to an Ethernet inside your game room. Everything can be controlled by the app, it’s pretty good. You can still use the switches like normal too, I use the GE 14294, but these are dimming. They have regular on/off switches too, for the pin circuits. They run about $40 per switch.

Nice, I’ll give you a call soon and map out the plan. Thanks man

1 week later
    #196 6 years ago

I finished up roughing in the bottom floor (at least everything I can, ) my electrician is running home runs from the top floor to the bottom floor and back to the box through conduit.

So far..
    6x 250ft rolls of romex
    350ft of mc cable (for can lights and ceiling receptacles)
    12 runs of cat6 (no idea of how many feet, maybe 1000 so far???)

73DC6153-7B8D-4B43-8041-099DC22A90F4 (resized).jpeg73DC6153-7B8D-4B43-8041-099DC22A90F4 (resized).jpeg

A9CBF045-185E-4005-9B23-B9D1A64F3E90 (resized).jpegA9CBF045-185E-4005-9B23-B9D1A64F3E90 (resized).jpeg

44F02F68-2955-4B9A-8080-262EB73CA689 (resized).jpeg44F02F68-2955-4B9A-8080-262EB73CA689 (resized).jpeg

C5727E09-1366-42BD-9A99-FB754D389250 (resized).jpegC5727E09-1366-42BD-9A99-FB754D389250 (resized).jpeg

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

WOW what a project but ya gotta do it.

Every day I’m hustlin

Quoted from Mike_M:

Looks awesome, wish I could do something like this! If I remember from an earlier post I think you're going to leave the ceilings unfinished for an industrial look? If not- one idea is a small cove/soffit around the perimeter of the room to help run/hide wiring. You could set a hidden RGB LED strip in it then that could provide cool indirect lighting towards the ceiling- kind of like this:

Love this idea , but I really like a neon laser look effect too, I’m researching led strip diffuser systems I can use to get the effect I’m after

On your Cat6 actully very simple to tell how much you used. 1000' per box and wire has footage on it. In this box l have used 450' and have 550' remaining.

And your Game room is looking great.

Thank you!

I started on the room with about 1/2 a roll of 1kft, then started into a new roll. The 2nd floor won’t have as many runs as the bottom floor (12 on the bottom) maybe 6 or 8 on top.

Ordered speaker wire today, and 80 outlets

There’s 51 outlets on bottom floor and 40 on top. So excited to start wiring up those boogers.

I also recently purchased smart switches for all of the lighting, not the games though, I’ll do that down the road possibly, not real excited to see my 4 year old wild man get excited to figure out that function. Besides, it’s 10 separate circuits @$40ea.

Metal for the exterior is all ordered as well, maybe a week for delivery, maybe 2 weeks before I start installing it.

#202 6 years ago

Alright... about 60 more to go

Also, some goodies

4BBCF166-F32B-440E-B353-D99A81EC61B1 (resized).jpeg4BBCF166-F32B-440E-B353-D99A81EC61B1 (resized).jpeg

B050C092-F66D-4D4A-8588-2D356433AD26 (resized).jpegB050C092-F66D-4D4A-8588-2D356433AD26 (resized).jpeg

1E8EB887-D4CA-4F67-B2A5-41A39568885A (resized).jpeg1E8EB887-D4CA-4F67-B2A5-41A39568885A (resized).jpeg

#203 6 years ago

And some wiring is making necessary changes ( had to rip out 2” conduit and change to 2.5” and some MC cabling is just about buttoned up

E1DC45AA-C6F1-47FC-934C-F7D97D92E2B3 (resized).jpegE1DC45AA-C6F1-47FC-934C-F7D97D92E2B3 (resized).jpeg

3E190382-7B22-4FBC-A5E2-5EB547184C43 (resized).jpeg3E190382-7B22-4FBC-A5E2-5EB547184C43 (resized).jpeg

BBAC1A19-AEE6-4262-A450-0354E91DB59E (resized).jpegBBAC1A19-AEE6-4262-A450-0354E91DB59E (resized).jpeg

F70B3593-2257-44E1-9DA4-ACB814358AF0 (resized).jpegF70B3593-2257-44E1-9DA4-ACB814358AF0 (resized).jpeg

C242E782-ACE2-48C7-A19B-4B1D6BA5F4E8 (resized).jpegC242E782-ACE2-48C7-A19B-4B1D6BA5F4E8 (resized).jpeg

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheMickster:

Quick question, you are using 12 gauge wire, suited for 20 amps, but you are installing 15 amp rated receptacles/switches....what size circuit breakers are you planning on using?
    It is fine to use them, I am just asking....it does save a few bucks..
    Great project...

Hmmmm... the switches for the games are definitely 15/20amp

I’m not sure why 15amp receptacles were chosen, probably my fault.

Thanks for point it out. I can certainly buy 20amp and just use the 15 amp for non games power...

I think the main concern is the total load on each circuit, which will be about 5 games per 20amp breaker. So if each game has its own 15 amp receptical on a 20amp circuit, I think everything should be ok using 15 amp receptacles everywhere

7A1CC571-2CC5-48B2-B351-BA7F10202148 (resized).jpeg7A1CC571-2CC5-48B2-B351-BA7F10202148 (resized).jpeg

#209 6 years ago

On your outlets it looks like you made up pig tails or little jumpers to wire nut them to the wire? Why not connect them directly to the wire? I have never seen that done (the pig tails).

I’ve made a hundred trips to 4 different hardware stores since starting this , fortunately I have bought very few things that I have not used.

I use the pigtails to do all of the micro wiring work in my warm house
    And it makes the install clean.

9EC739CB-10E6-472F-A270-78EAF621CA41 (resized).jpeg9EC739CB-10E6-472F-A270-78EAF621CA41 (resized).jpeg

#211 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_M:

Are those walls going to be drywalled?

Yes. On the bottom floor the walls will be, but not the ceiling.

On the top floor; walls and ceiling

#218 6 years ago
    Quoted from Theo_Ioannis:

Why not leave the wires inside the gangboxes for a drywall job?.....more easier for drywall guys with smooth topping compounds.
    Sanding the walls, vacuuming up everything and a coat of primer paint before install the new outlets and switches....to keep them clean from drywall mudding and dust....

Dangit!!! I should have waited, I can always remove the outlets, at least I have not started the top floor.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Man, good on you for doing this project, but I'm really glad I'm not your neighbor.

None of my neighbors care for pinball, but they’re excited to see my project go up. They all say they can’t hear me working on it and not to worry about them, but I don’t believe it. Once 9 PM happens I try to stop any loud noises, and at 10 PM I usually call it a day .

The only neighbors that it could bother anyways is directly next to me and they have two very small children, the rest of my neighbors are not present or are too far away to be bothered.

#220 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Oh I'd definitely be over there with beer supporting you, but the gas leak made my butt pucker a little.

Meh, there’s shutoff valves and detectors and such, beer would be most welcome! ... now, an open flame might be turned away, lol.

#221 6 years ago

Big electrical day

1BE809FF-7C85-4E73-814A-F063BB6D3A9D (resized).jpeg1BE809FF-7C85-4E73-814A-F063BB6D3A9D (resized).jpeg

B3E3B2B0-75D0-4B82-8ECC-0BDD6E549FFA (resized).jpegB3E3B2B0-75D0-4B82-8ECC-0BDD6E549FFA (resized).jpeg

704C93C2-1A91-4426-8596-D654B85FD2BE (resized).jpeg704C93C2-1A91-4426-8596-D654B85FD2BE (resized).jpeg

0A98DB58-E687-4735-A640-7C79E8499DB7 (resized).jpeg0A98DB58-E687-4735-A640-7C79E8499DB7 (resized).jpeg

2FCC803C-8A1F-4D41-B2F1-04464BD7118E (resized).jpeg2FCC803C-8A1F-4D41-B2F1-04464BD7118E (resized).jpeg

CF9E6DC1-B970-4331-BEC5-A036D463E8CB (resized).jpegCF9E6DC1-B970-4331-BEC5-A036D463E8CB (resized).jpeg

#222 6 years ago

Metal sheet arrived!

B0B6B87D-2F4C-4495-8767-C9BF6BDF99A4 (resized).jpegB0B6B87D-2F4C-4495-8767-C9BF6BDF99A4 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #223 6 years ago

Not much new to report... although I have actually done a ton of work, just not much to look at.

Speaker wire run for 7.1 sound down stairs, 4.1 up stairs

Up stairs electrical 90% finished

Painted exterior siding

B621D8C9-C828-4E55-9584-D05A60CB37C0 (resized).jpegB621D8C9-C828-4E55-9584-D05A60CB37C0 (resized).jpeg

E79F13C5-12B3-43FB-B431-8A04B9D4F342 (resized).jpegE79F13C5-12B3-43FB-B431-8A04B9D4F342 (resized).jpeg

5D61AFA0-C980-4958-8C39-5EE7DA5BF032 (resized).jpeg5D61AFA0-C980-4958-8C39-5EE7DA5BF032 (resized).jpeg

#225 6 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

Awesome! This thread has been a great follow for me as I attempt my (much smaller) project. Thanks for the inspiration.

Cool! Post a link if you plan to post a thread !

#229 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

I love this thread. I've been following it for a couple of months. Congrats on your project and all your hard work. I can't wait to see it finished!
    Also, I use your thread to show my wife how reasonable my ideas are. The contrast let's me push for owning more machines, and for that I also thank you.

Thank you , and you’re welcome
    You going to tpf?

Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

This is really cool. Definitely following.

Honored bro, thank you, your game will fit in well

Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Are you putting in a movie theater, or just love your music loud?

Well, Im planning the space to be available for multi use, so if one day I want to bolt in a screen and a projector; the wiring will already be there. And from time to time, yes, I’ll want my music loud... or hook a pin up to the sound system and go nuts.

#233 6 years ago

Nah, Just take a picture and put your thoughts down once in a while. It’s nice when people with experience can chime in and help you fix mistakes, or avoid mistakes altogether

#234 6 years ago

I started to put up metal siding today, I got 2 vertical trim peices on and started putting up one horizontal sheet.

Well, I was 1” too wide on the sheets for that wall! Doh!!!! I hate making these kinds of mistakes... tomorrow I gotta go buy a nibbler to cut the sheets down, and discovered that I will need some help for sure installing the panels.

It’s funny how these types of things start out intimidating, and then when you add a friend to help, everything gets 100 times easier. <- looking forward to this.

#237 6 years ago

Got the sheets for that wall cut down... put up the first with the help of my 4 year old, he actually held the panel against the wall for a good little while (for him anyway, if it was ‘time out’ he would have been screaming, lol, he actually likes work!) ; cruddy pic of the panel at dusk

EC7EB67F-6C8C-45AB-8793-7EE61CE7BCBC (resized).jpegEC7EB67F-6C8C-45AB-8793-7EE61CE7BCBC (resized).jpeg

745D4464-BCF6-4510-8D0C-C51F6313BF48 (resized).jpeg745D4464-BCF6-4510-8D0C-C51F6313BF48 (resized).jpeg

#238 6 years ago

Also, got the drywall where my gas leak was somewhat dealt with... so Tron and Tempest have found their place back in their nooks

FF2DFAD2-7EBA-43F7-AD5A-08D10C047C69 (resized).jpegFF2DFAD2-7EBA-43F7-AD5A-08D10C047C69 (resized).jpeg

#239 6 years ago

I’m excited and freaked out... yesterday a buddy and myself installed the west wall metal, I had to grab a neighbor to come help about half way through, we needed another 20ft ext ladder and couldn’t get one in that short of notice, this was the most difficult thing we have done so far. Still have another 2 walls I’ll need help with. I’ll be calling in several friends to help out.

3663A6B8-FC7B-453D-AC3B-4FDD0E1CFC8D (resized).jpeg3663A6B8-FC7B-453D-AC3B-4FDD0E1CFC8D (resized).jpeg

#241 6 years ago

Every time I read your Escort thread ....

7D569D00-2CEB-4081-B828-8F4A2F60C7C5 (resized).jpeg7D569D00-2CEB-4081-B828-8F4A2F60C7C5 (resized).jpeg

#243 6 years ago

We are definitely being as safe as we can, but tend to live on the wild side

Some electrical tidy up, starting to look legit.

I never know when my electrician is going to show up, just random acts of sporadic work

3DAFDA65-4008-4266-BDBD-9F321A505D41 (resized).jpeg3DAFDA65-4008-4266-BDBD-9F321A505D41 (resized).jpeg

92FE3AF4-589A-44DF-9B79-6197F67009BF (resized).jpeg92FE3AF4-589A-44DF-9B79-6197F67009BF (resized).jpeg

4381C062-EBB9-42E7-85FE-E18C0E81B471 (resized).jpeg4381C062-EBB9-42E7-85FE-E18C0E81B471 (resized).jpeg

#246 6 years ago

Last nights work, goes much better with more people.

7BBCE6B3-B0FA-4B9D-95F4-F5FC97EADFB2 (resized).jpeg7BBCE6B3-B0FA-4B9D-95F4-F5FC97EADFB2 (resized).jpeg

B1E8E023-2AD1-4D8D-8891-E638A4CE2951 (resized).jpegB1E8E023-2AD1-4D8D-8891-E638A4CE2951 (resized).jpeg

#247 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

It has the opposite effect on me... somehow it almost excites me. Must be why Tron is one of my favorite games... I can almost imagine how most of those wires lead directly to The Grid!!

“This is going to be quite a ride!”

It looks so clean, I’m getting really excited to finally be able to plug some stuff in!

#249 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

You gonna put a rain gutter on the back slope of the roof?

Yes sir!

#252 6 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

True.
    Although, I find life goes better with fewer people.

Apparently my friends share that sentiment... I asked 10 of them... all of which said “ if you ever need any help, I’ll be there”

Only 3 showed up, only 2 said they had something else to do.

I would install this metal by myself if I could, but I cannot . No worries! I’ve got at least a few good ones!

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from BlueBlood:

Dude, I don’t mind helping. Give me a day heads up (to work it out with the wife) and a time to meet.

Boom! This guy is amazing !

#258 6 years ago

73F92429-023F-441A-96B7-B0C939FCFDB2 (resized).jpeg73F92429-023F-441A-96B7-B0C939FCFDB2 (resized).jpeg

#259 6 years ago

BlueBlood is a freaking HOSS! Like AC Slater Hoss!

While the rest of us were laying around at the end of the day in the shade drinking Capri Sun, he installed this last wall with just his left forearm and thumb and pinky finger on his right hand! Amazing
    Big Props to this fellow... he needs an empty Williams Cab for BLack Knight, someone bring one to TPF for this Man!

EE3DAE19-ADFE-491B-AD51-D0355B2DA15F (resized).jpegEE3DAE19-ADFE-491B-AD51-D0355B2DA15F (resized).jpeg

#260 6 years ago

In other news we also finished up the alley wall #blessedwithgreatfriends

27C3D9EE-63B7-4E16-B6E6-BD2F21F8EFCB (resized).jpeg27C3D9EE-63B7-4E16-B6E6-BD2F21F8EFCB (resized).jpeg

F41C8A91-0156-4568-A160-89748AEBCE86 (resized).jpegF41C8A91-0156-4568-A160-89748AEBCE86 (resized).jpeg

#262 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

How did ya ever come up with the outside look?

I have a friend with a really modern looking house about a mile from my house and I took a few notes on his design, also... I wanted to do all metal, but city code only allows (maximum) 75% metal and (minimum) 25% anything else (siding, brick, whatever) but with placing the sheets horizontal the city considers it siding, and not metal sheets... weird I know. so in actuality its 100% siding, but the permit office was really confused and I had to show them their own code, but they still requested some type of mixed media. fun times. Come have a beer when its finished and take a gander

#265 6 years ago

There’s many thanks to a hand full of fellows that put in some anguish this weekend, Blueblood is a strong member of that team.

So relieved and excited that this phase is coming to a close, it looks so great. Still some work to do on the metal and some touch up as well as trim work.

F0610FF5-BE78-4DF9-A7F9-3F45BDFB6E2D (resized).jpegF0610FF5-BE78-4DF9-A7F9-3F45BDFB6E2D (resized).jpeg

D7ECCD15-ABB9-4529-9719-02FF530433E9 (resized).jpegD7ECCD15-ABB9-4529-9719-02FF530433E9 (resized).jpeg

#267 6 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

How many games you going to be able to have set up at once? Looks sweet!

I’m not certain just yet, I’ve laid it out in sketchup so many times, I have almost a hundred games consisting of pinball, arcade, slot, skeeball, I’ll have about 1500sqft total to use, but maybe 60 of it will be blocked for a closet and foyer. I know I won’t be able to fit all of them, and I have common sense to not try. At least half of my games are projects, so I’ll have some time before I have to make decisions of what stays and goes, and I just added a few more to the list LOL

#269 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You takin a break to cometo TPF?

You bet!!

I might even have a set of special instruction cards for you

#271 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Awesome! Lookin fwd to meeting you and playin some games

Are you playing in the tournament?

#273 6 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

This has been my only helper on my smaller project:

Safety gear, Check!

#274 6 years ago

A few throwback pics which I will catalog after the project is finished ... or will it ever be finished???

B37E67B6-A09B-4727-B5AB-882D74CCE5F7 (resized).jpegB37E67B6-A09B-4727-B5AB-882D74CCE5F7 (resized).jpeg

85699ED7-DD28-4471-8CCF-AFC9619EC831 (resized).jpeg85699ED7-DD28-4471-8CCF-AFC9619EC831 (resized).jpeg

7835E638-4665-49D6-8044-A50BFB4F46DB (resized).jpeg7835E638-4665-49D6-8044-A50BFB4F46DB (resized).jpeg

0377F20A-5E5B-41A0-850D-186FD535BBF9 (resized).jpeg0377F20A-5E5B-41A0-850D-186FD535BBF9 (resized).jpeg

298C11C1-815B-4F8B-9EB4-30CED019EE45 (resized).jpeg298C11C1-815B-4F8B-9EB4-30CED019EE45 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #277 6 years ago

Been too long since an update...

TPF was the best yet, too much fun and more loot!

Also... Crazy weekend... my father in law brings over a klipsch 5.1 surround system and a Yamaha receiver and says... I have wireless headphones, I don’t need this anymore!?!?!?

I’m grabbing a sonos connect ASAP to hook up to this booger and we will be jamming!

Anyway... I’ve been working on booring gutters and trim work, but it’s looking good and starting to really excite me!

B6EEBDAD-4B51-417A-9A62-A3A610DE4634 (resized).jpegB6EEBDAD-4B51-417A-9A62-A3A610DE4634 (resized).jpeg

08669C27-98D3-4B46-A0B9-44FFAA1BD9F9 (resized).jpeg08669C27-98D3-4B46-A0B9-44FFAA1BD9F9 (resized).jpeg

4140B66F-FD33-4A4C-AB0C-EAC0DA05F095 (resized).jpeg4140B66F-FD33-4A4C-AB0C-EAC0DA05F095 (resized).jpeg

#278 6 years ago

Been trying to come up with a NAME for the game room...
    These are names my kids came up with

Game house
    Arcade station
    Pinball station
    Space Station
    Game over, man!
    Monster
    Game Tower
    Press the button

Bah! Nothing’s sticking... but I do like ‘Game Over Man!

#299 6 years ago

Im Seriously RoFL at all the suggestions, please keep them coming

Transporter is a good one H.
    Game Tower I like
    "texas Dust bowl".. maybe too much football reference?
    Brigade is way cool
    Sand Box... I have too many bad memories of Getting eaten alive by ants in my sand box as a kid
    Game Cube... if only Nintendo would make a Pinball Machine (and not super mario mushroom world)
    the money pit... perfect, but I don't want to be reminded all the time, LOL
    GRIDTcade H... I dont wanna have to splain that, too much inside info reference, plus I can just hear the chatter from kids saying"thats not a real word!"

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

Looking at your last building photo, I'm curious how you are handling the transition from concrete to your metal siding (corrosion), and then between the concrete pad and your internal sills/studs (water intrusion)? Gutters are a great idea, but seems like you might get some splashback, back-up during heavy rain (but, you are in the desert, so maybe less a concern?).
    No opinion here, just curious.

I'm glad you ask this, It helps me remember things left to be done

I have all the proper precautions in place... there are also 2 small concrete barriers not formed yet, and a french drain that has yet to be constructed... on the west wall where the gutter is, the walkway slopes to the alleyway and the walls are 4" up from the walkway. The south side is more than a foot off the ground actual and alleyway, so no concern there. The east wall... the walkway slopes from the building, and I will build a french drain on the edge that will flow to the alley, also I will be putting gutters on the porch awning and on the house. The east wall will have 2 concrete wall standoffs to start the walls, this is more overkill than anything, but a precaution nonetheless, and the rest will be interior, so no worries... displacing the water off the house to gutters will deal with the water efficiently enough, but I'm being extra careful.

#312 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

I just thought the same thing when I was on the previous page. I even went and looked up where it was actually located.

Thanks for spying on me guys. Good thing my location is slightly off ! Haha

#313 6 years ago

I had my first big rainstorm tonight on the building since I put the roof on. The hail was in sane, so much hail that it looks like snow ... this was at Walmart about 2 miles from my house ...

One edge on the building is not windproof and is allowing moisture to come up into the first lap on the edge of the roof, no big deal I just need to seal it up and it will stop the leak, nothing damaged thank goodness. The rest of the roof and the screws are holding up like a champ

4004424E-2930-4FD6-A003-DD8298596D7B (resized).jpeg4004424E-2930-4FD6-A003-DD8298596D7B (resized).jpeg

#315 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Crazy. I hope the roof facing the house that has the big overhang is on good.

Oh yeah, super strong. I’ll ask the wind rating tomorrow when I talk to my metal guy, but I think it’s 120mph

#317 6 years ago

Ive lived in this area most of my life, the worst Ive seen here was 90mph winds, which is considered F1... I believe youre correct on the F2...

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/faq/tornado/f-scale.html

1 week later
    #320 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I'll laser cut you a wood sign if you get your name hammered out. This project has been a really good read!

Wow! Thank you

I’ll figure out the name soon, I’ve been working on some trim work that needed to be redone, I also went through the adventure of spray foaming the roof... more on this later

#322 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh that must have made a mess but it's the way to go for your set-up.

Yes, big mess, definitely a learning experience

#325 6 years ago

I’ll post some pics soon... I’ll preface this by saying it’s been 80 plus degrees here for a week and the kit sat in a warm area for the weekend... I have 600sqft to cover, so I bought a ‘touch n seal’ 600 kit... it covers 600sqft at 1” or greater. It’s 2 boxes, each box has a tank the size of a propane tank you typically use for a bbq pit. But they’re super heavy, I was a little concerned getting them up the ladder because of their weight.

I read all of the instructions and watched the dvd that came with, and it all seems straight forward... So I put on a tyvek suit, respirator, head cover and goggles and got after it...

Discoveries;
    There are not enough nozzles supplied with the kit. I ran out of fan nozzles and the spray nozzles are meh, after spraying about 75sqft the nozzle crud’s up and you must replace it. Fine, except nowhere in the instructions or video is this explained.

You need a spotter if you’re doing a ceiling.
    I missed a few places and got too thin and if I had a spotter helping me, I could have fixed the issues.

Work fast!!!!!!!! You have to be quick, no obstacles in the way, have a plan. Have a spotter!

The diy kit ran out of one chemical and continued spraying, I had no idea I was out because there was no indication... the foam kept spraying as usual. 10 minutes later the last 50sqft of foam started turning into syrup.

Oh yeah... the foam turns into snow when the nozzles start to have issues... there’s spray foam droplets every where... about half way through my goggles were so bad I had to rely on instinct and periferial vision. I even kept checking everything to be sure and I was doing everything correctly.

I called a DoW rep and he said my chemicals were too cold, that I needed them in a bathroom with a space heater on them for 3 days. The instructions don’t say that, they just say they need to be in a 70 degree environment for a few days..

I don’t have a pic yet, but I went back and spray painted red all of the low spots, there’s some areas that look great, and others like in the pics that are not so great (too thin)

I’m buying a 200sqft kit to get everything to the 2” recommended for my area, it should be enough. And after I purchase the kit, I will be at the dollar amount quoted to me by 3 pros. Lesson learned... a 2.5 hour + learning experience I could do with out. Maybe this helps you guys in your future endeavors

B6A04223-C8B0-447F-B5F1-46E236457F0B (resized).jpegB6A04223-C8B0-447F-B5F1-46E236457F0B (resized).jpeg
    9705BE03-C2B9-4A2F-BBDA-1C480778E1BB (resized).jpeg9705BE03-C2B9-4A2F-BBDA-1C480778E1BB (resized).jpeg
    4587E474-71C9-4E4C-A64B-3F3B0E37165B (resized).jpeg4587E474-71C9-4E4C-A64B-3F3B0E37165B (resized).jpeg

#330 6 years ago

Thanks guys , i’m ready to play some freaking pinball

The red marks are the low spots

Also, normally the entire Purlin Would get surrounded in foam, but I need them to be clear of foam so I can attach drywall.

BA4829E3-AB1D-45EE-A0E9-3C0E4DCE8152 (resized).jpegBA4829E3-AB1D-45EE-A0E9-3C0E4DCE8152 (resized).jpeg
    7970C507-6383-42E6-AF64-5CF2B234D55B (resized).jpeg7970C507-6383-42E6-AF64-5CF2B234D55B (resized).jpeg

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are you just going to paint the ceiling flat black then?

Ultimately
    I’m going to build a drywall ceiling in the 2nd floor, texture and paint it

The ceiling in the first floor will be sprayed black as is

#334 6 years ago

More spray foam! The 2nd kit came in last week , I’ve been heating it up for the weekend in my bathroom with a space heater. Wife was happy about that, the bathroom was really warm for 2 days.

Still not perfect , but 10-15 degrees cooler in the 2nd floor than in the sun. I still have a few thin places, but there’s smaller cans of spray that can take care of that little stuff.

287E8949-453B-4602-9787-ADF531E3E966 (resized).jpeg287E8949-453B-4602-9787-ADF531E3E966 (resized).jpeg

#335 6 years ago

Had to take a breat to catch the view.. this mesquite bush haven here sure is drab, but the sunsets are a contender with the best.

68381B4C-EBE2-4723-916B-9E832BE7D952 (resized).jpeg68381B4C-EBE2-4723-916B-9E832BE7D952 (resized).jpeg

LIONMANE!

B3770D3D-BCEA-4259-8F3B-FBB4C4E0017B (resized).jpegB3770D3D-BCEA-4259-8F3B-FBB4C4E0017B (resized).jpeg

#337 6 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

We've found that rampant pollution works to enhance sunsets here in SoCal.

I’ve experienced that, it’s working quite well!

7E41D3EA-FBE8-4D5F-840E-1D2D0E38AEDC (resized).jpeg7E41D3EA-FBE8-4D5F-840E-1D2D0E38AEDC (resized).jpeg

Edit: why on earth is pinside posting this pic again... I swear it’s not me

#341 6 years ago

Lights installed and wired in

CE6B36D3-54BA-449A-9395-DE7363F468C5 (resized).jpegCE6B36D3-54BA-449A-9395-DE7363F468C5 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #342 6 years ago

Electrical inspection passed!

Also, I needed to start building guard railing and after looking through out the Internetverse I found nothing that I like, except wire railing. So after checking prices, I decided to build my own. I went to my neighboring city, and they have a steel Company. I purchased 2 in.² tubing and 1 in.² tubing, and built my own. The wire railing that will be installed comes in this week. Built to code Time to call the framing inspector

11192B30-28B8-40FE-9C05-33F3018D00BE (resized).jpeg11192B30-28B8-40FE-9C05-33F3018D00BE (resized).jpeg

EA801A1C-E488-45F5-AD62-1B659B99C9CB (resized).jpegEA801A1C-E488-45F5-AD62-1B659B99C9CB (resized).jpeg

DD15EA2B-DB2D-446D-9598-1DE9AF407D36 (resized).jpegDD15EA2B-DB2D-446D-9598-1DE9AF407D36 (resized).jpeg

#344 6 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

I'm all turned around. That is exterior-facing? You'll have a window there?

Surprises will alter your mind... hint: no window, but closed off to the world

#348 6 years ago

Foundation, electrical, framing, done !

On the road to final... Then after what would a pinball room be without mods, yes some mods are tasteful, And expensive, in this case all of the above could be true

0400E917-EF69-426E-92B3-66D26B48FAF0 (resized).jpeg0400E917-EF69-426E-92B3-66D26B48FAF0 (resized).jpeg

#351 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks good. How about some neons and lit pf's on the walls.

You bet! All in due time

Moar insulation!!!

FCB8F4ED-9786-47C7-B31F-EC1B45989A3B (resized).jpegFCB8F4ED-9786-47C7-B31F-EC1B45989A3B (resized).jpeg

E9FCCFBD-2385-4FF8-821C-F0FA27835BCB (resized).jpegE9FCCFBD-2385-4FF8-821C-F0FA27835BCB (resized).jpeg

#352 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks good. How about some neons and lit pf's on the walls.

The mods I’m talking about are much bigger than that

#354 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah! Pin Stadium the Crap out of that place with strips on Every joist so we can see you in Chicago! JK. I am So jealous of this build and effort. In my area they won't so much as let me change the garage door without a vote.... Love what you have done thanks for sharing.

I appreciate the kind words, I might just pinstadium the crap out of it!! But in a different way

#357 5 years ago

Now we’re talking ! It needs less dudes and moar lights

#359 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

That's just hurtful.

I don’t know those guys, besides I’m tired of inspectors. Your cool to play in my gr

#360 5 years ago

We may have landed a name...

“Level Up”

I know there’s already a barcade with this name. Sometimes it just works out that way

The runner up name:

“Another Castle”

I was trying to tell my wife that she is the game rooms princess, And there is a certain game, where the princess is always in another castle. She didn’t get it. Lost brownie points on the fact that she had a game gear growing up and no NES, but I may yet persuade her...

#368 5 years ago

More insulation, really glad this phase is almost done... about to move on to dry wall. Really excited about that part!

Plus a little victory dance

0D2F247F-134F-43F9-AA59-B7D455625833 (resized).jpeg0D2F247F-134F-43F9-AA59-B7D455625833 (resized).jpeg

3149BF34-57F1-4F11-976C-7F2480DD1D34 (resized).jpeg3149BF34-57F1-4F11-976C-7F2480DD1D34 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #369 5 years ago

More stuff done!
    Finished upper ceiling frame. Added drywall to 4 walls

Victory is nearing all the time!

66A0E505-3F74-4B5A-B0CE-2720DFB385B9 (resized).jpeg66A0E505-3F74-4B5A-B0CE-2720DFB385B9 (resized).jpeg

A92E5D1E-7B8B-46CD-808C-F4BF768EA8B9 (resized).jpegA92E5D1E-7B8B-46CD-808C-F4BF768EA8B9 (resized).jpeg

B4B81CCF-A69B-4E46-9B98-F1CD864E4A91 (resized).jpegB4B81CCF-A69B-4E46-9B98-F1CD864E4A91 (resized).jpeg

FBC448CC-36DA-4F8E-BD97-DA0ACE1C2C28 (resized).jpegFBC448CC-36DA-4F8E-BD97-DA0ACE1C2C28 (resized).jpeg

2344FDDD-3E2E-44EF-BCA0-8D02AB747270 (resized).jpeg2344FDDD-3E2E-44EF-BCA0-8D02AB747270 (resized).jpeg

78A6247D-5432-4CB1-86E7-6275A1FBC2F3 (resized).jpeg78A6247D-5432-4CB1-86E7-6275A1FBC2F3 (resized).jpeg

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great progress. You go with 3/8 or 1/2 drywall? You do the taping, muding and sanding?

Went with 1/2” for the walls, probably 5/8” for the ceiling in the 2nd floor due to the 24” on center frame

I hung a few sheets and then called a fellow. He works during the day while I cannot. I wanted to pride myself with doing every square inch, but the oilfield has picked up so much here with the price of oil, and I have gotten super busy, so it is what it is. Now things should move along a little more quickly (I hope any way)

#373 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good choice for thickness but that 5/8 is a pain.

Hehe, one reason I hired a guy

#378 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

looking good and glad you hired out the drywall!
    Your body will be happy with that decision

Yes!

Quoted from AUKraut:

There is absolutely no dishonor in getting someone else to hang sheetrock, mud, and sand! BTDTBTTS.....and will gladly pay someone else to do it!!!

Yes!!

Quoted from zh2oson:

Yeah, but do you mow your own lawn?

A resounding No, I do fix all my sprinkler stuff though

Quoted from lemmsoil:

Great project!

Yes!!!... I mean; thank you!

#379 5 years ago

OK, let the criticism, encouragement and advice commence...

(Deleted txt)

There are several houses in my neighborhood that have violated the same exact code previously, two with large additions, one with an indoor heate there are several houses in my neighborhood that have violated the same exact code previously, two with large additions, one with an indoor heated pool. Another With a trampoline room, another with a large garden room that runs a large amount of water off into the alley, which is a big violations. I realize a lot of this stuff is grandfathered in after the 2015 change to the code that does not allow the additions to connect to the house.

From this point forward, I could finish the building as an out building If forced to, but what fun is that??

I’m not worried about the sale of the house when that takes place, I will list the extra addition as climate controlled storage, and not demand the addition as additional square footage in the price.

A few questions...
    1. I’m contemplating on how long I should wait after the final inspection to start changing things and attach the building to my house.

2. I cannot find what the city will actually do if they decide to come down on me. I’m curious to know what sort of fines and action the city might do.

#382 5 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I do have some life experience I can provide. I wouldn't post in a public forum your intentions to violate a law, city code or whatever. We live in a society of envy and entitlement and not everyone is your friend. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't put it past someone to send an email to your city code enforcement giving them a heads-up of your intentions. Am I pessimistic? I would say, yes, but I like to error on the side of caution. Just my opinion. By the way, your building is awesome.

Can you please unquote my entire post

I’ll take it down soon

#384 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Was thinking the same thing. I would edit this post immediately and solicit private feedback. And for good measure, rx3 should edit his post to delete the quoted text. Just my two cents worth... maybe I'm a bit jaded.
    Edit: you beat me to it on the recommendation to remove rx3's quoted section. We got your back... but not sure everyone on the Internet feels the same.

Thanks a million!

#387 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Didn't see your previous post before edit, but maybe get your own inspection done first? I'd be sweating it too but usually this stuff works out without too much pain.

I have all inspections in place so far, full compliance of the permits.... the final inspection will take place soon.

My problem is, before 2015 and outbuilding could be attached to the main house on the property. They changed the code in 2015 and they’ll say there has to be a distance of 5 feet between the main house and the out building. There are hundreds of houses that have a very large addition to the house in my city. All of my planning was done in 2013-2014

#389 5 years ago

Is there away to ask about it since you did your planning before 2015 and see if it can still be done as it was part of the original plan?

I don’t have any notorised documents or anything legit enough to present. All I have is my word, and My google sketch up files

#393 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

Good to see that all of the really important stuff is being handled by the authorities in your area. Dear lord.
    Keep your chin up buddy.

Truth be told, if it weren’t for the major power construction with the new telephone pole, I could have skated under the radar with the permit office. This area is growing too fast for itself. Theres only 2 electrical inspectors and 2 framing inspectors which also serve as final inspectors and to my knowledge, only one plumbing inspector, EVERY business has a help wanted sign as well as the city offices

#395 5 years ago

Weird you say that... A new friend asked me and my wife a few days ago if we are from San Diego.

Quoted from swillie:

Maybe a non permanent covered walkway with roof and sides could be put in place which would not be your ideal but could be easily removed later before selling.

This may be the ticket

#399 5 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

It’s much easier than all this. Just build another yet larger building that encapsulates the home and the game room. Done and done

That’s what I told my wife!!!

(Headed back up to the permit office)

#400 5 years ago

Drywall on the bottom floor done, a few touch ups with caulk and then in to paneling the back wall with brick panels

547F6FB1-724D-4AC0-A048-852B391386D1 (resized).jpeg547F6FB1-724D-4AC0-A048-852B391386D1 (resized).jpeg
    2C976438-FC5F-4096-ACDB-B5FBBDB429FE (resized).jpeg2C976438-FC5F-4096-ACDB-B5FBBDB429FE (resized).jpeg

Dropped a new gallon of paint in the alley last night!

Finished the trim on the house side today! Yeah Saturday!

Also, the brick paneling is ready for modification #1

37E8D64F-47C0-458C-BAC6-923D4E84A6A7 (resized).jpeg37E8D64F-47C0-458C-BAC6-923D4E84A6A7 (resized).jpeg

7919A47B-3BB3-4DC8-A88E-8D177F37EAF0 (resized).jpeg7919A47B-3BB3-4DC8-A88E-8D177F37EAF0 (resized).jpeg

3698102E-D44A-47B4-BB01-F544EB1808E8 (resized).jpeg3698102E-D44A-47B4-BB01-F544EB1808E8 (resized).jpeg

#402 5 years ago

Thanks Paul !

Thoughts?

0A87ED5C-177E-490A-AA66-0D1373CFDE1F (resized).jpeg0A87ED5C-177E-490A-AA66-0D1373CFDE1F (resized).jpeg

#405 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are the games going against that brick siding? If your looking to go wild with it get a graffite artist to spray florescent pinball related stuff on it. Just a fun thought.

Good thought, I know of 2 graffiti artists, one is maybe me, when I have the patience, the other is an unreliable addict that can paint some really mad skill type stuff. Unfortunately I may be the guy :-/

#408 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

The fumes from a spray paint can have ruined many of us over the years.

Yes, I always wear a respirator now, even while caulking this evening I had it on, I get used to it.

#410 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

I wish I didn't like the sweet freedom that huffing spray paint brings.

That still happens with the respirator by the way

On another note; the camera on my phone stopped working. I finished putting up the brick paneling last night, looks good. I need to find grout the same color as the paneling and fix the seams and cover the screws.

#414 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Be careful with the grout as it gets into the pores of the brick panelling face and discolors it/makes hard to get out. Try getting a mortar caulk that matches. Easier in MY opinion.

Fantastic idea! Thank you! I knew I was waiting to approach that piece of the project for some reason

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Love the metal frame on foundation you started with, looks a lot like the start of a production office. I bet that 2nd floor is sturdy as hell.

Thank you, It’s been great not having any center pole supports in the first floor. My engineer tells me I can fill that second floor with machines, and have 100 people go up there., Don’t know if I ever will have that many up there or want to have that many up there, but it’s a good thought

Saturday morning workout... Time to give my old lady her security back, we haven’t had any trouble not having any gates. Now that most of the large materials have been installed, We figured it was time to get this going.
    148CBF77-9417-4C0F-A889-2BACA170D7B1 (resized).jpeg148CBF77-9417-4C0F-A889-2BACA170D7B1 (resized).jpeg3C2F2497-8EA4-4098-A72D-DA771E4FE807 (resized).jpeg3C2F2497-8EA4-4098-A72D-DA771E4FE807 (resized).jpeg
    Big shout out to my father-in-law for this one, he’s come over a few mornings to knock this out for us. He’s been wanting to help on this project and this was right up his alley, the man builds a fine gate. So far this is the only piece of the building that I have literally not lifted a finger to do, this guy is my superman.

#415 5 years ago

Dang boys, work has been crazy busy! Finally progress !

My phone has been broken, so pics have been scarce

That ladder is not staying

5EB84B33-068B-46B3-B707-E9D4561DC217 (resized).jpeg5EB84B33-068B-46B3-B707-E9D4561DC217 (resized).jpeg6E61531F-5FD4-4078-9CEC-13DF77DF1409 (resized).jpeg6E61531F-5FD4-4078-9CEC-13DF77DF1409 (resized).jpegB4D41918-B7FE-4030-9F85-41A6DEE42048 (resized).jpegB4D41918-B7FE-4030-9F85-41A6DEE42048 (resized).jpeg
    #419 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

What's the room in the first picture? Pin shop?

It’s just the bottom floor, I plan to make a corner of my garage the shop, then move the finished games to the playing area

#421 5 years ago

More work for the day.

Also sent my boys on a scavenger hunt first thing this morning.

And... celebrated nothing with a new bottle of bourbon

16458FCE-65D9-4E85-9A4C-00C94FB63020 (resized).jpeg16458FCE-65D9-4E85-9A4C-00C94FB63020 (resized).jpeg4158F52E-D705-480A-AD2E-A4DF192A5C8E (resized).jpeg4158F52E-D705-480A-AD2E-A4DF192A5C8E (resized).jpeg7439F628-9F64-474F-BD0E-E180A1FE4AEE (resized).jpeg7439F628-9F64-474F-BD0E-E180A1FE4AEE (resized).jpeg98F512FE-FEA7-43A1-8CE3-EC7FD3EA08B3 (resized).jpeg98F512FE-FEA7-43A1-8CE3-EC7FD3EA08B3 (resized).jpeg

#424 5 years ago

I only work when I drink, and I only drink when I work, but I work all the time , it’s a fast, hard life

2 weeks later
    #425 5 years ago

Playing with some LED lighting, and working on a door for where the lift will go.

Oh yeah... Also, I have all of my electricity switches now controlling everything they’re supposed to. It’s taken a while, but this was a big hurdle.

612D8682-BD74-41DF-9D08-174BAA69D34B (resized).jpeg612D8682-BD74-41DF-9D08-174BAA69D34B (resized).jpeg97CF2611-D7D4-48EF-9262-E845EBE5E7C3 (resized).jpeg97CF2611-D7D4-48EF-9262-E845EBE5E7C3 (resized).jpeg9C0E08B0-0E4A-443A-AE38-93F1FD50A8A9 (resized).jpeg9C0E08B0-0E4A-443A-AE38-93F1FD50A8A9 (resized).jpeg
    #428 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheMickster:

Looking better every week, or so......."we" have been wondering what was the latest....
    Great work, and a fantastic project....I can not imagine that not too many others here that would take on such a costly and labor-intensive adventure as this...
    Thank you very much for sharing....

Thank you ! Enjoying (almost) every minute

It’s definitely been a challenge

I figured out all of my smart switches last night, really cool to be able to control all the lighting from my phone and a stand-alone multi switch I can mount in the house

#431 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Forgive me if you mentioned this already, but what brand/protocol did you go with for the smart switches?

For the hub, I’m using SmartThings by Samsung

The switches are GE z-wave plus.

I also bought a garage door opener that is made by .... (I’ll look it up, don’t remember)

And a multi switch by remotech Zrc-90 (this one was a booger to figure out)

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I gotta see that lift.

I can’t wait to see it too, I get giddy every time I think about building it

#432 5 years ago

Got the door installed, what a chore! Had to chop off the top of the pre made door frame and lifted up the door in a special way to get everything to fit properly, no worries! Got it done.

3EC00844-86A0-4617-8869-ABFAC00E6365 (resized).jpeg3EC00844-86A0-4617-8869-ABFAC00E6365 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #433 5 years ago

Dudes, it’s been hot, I mean HOT!

And I’ve been surfing , so not much progress.

Put in another window frame and started the t&g on the exterior

Big shout out “Screw you!” To myself for leaving the t&g wood out in the sun for 2 weeks, lesson learned. Warpage everywhere.

Whatever.

A13EAB1E-02D1-4F03-BE9A-801D54F9EBA6 (resized).jpegA13EAB1E-02D1-4F03-BE9A-801D54F9EBA6 (resized).jpeg
    #435 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah Texas get's a little toasty this time of year. Warpage, is it still usable? Looks like it.

Still usable, but a pain!!!

This is what I’m talking about... PM time mind you

... says 102 btw

FD3443C8-1C81-4FAB-8ABD-C82F7EA022ED (resized).jpegFD3443C8-1C81-4FAB-8ABD-C82F7EA022ED (resized).jpeg
    #437 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh shit. That's as bad as us having -20 up here....but we only have it that bad for a few days.

Yeah, weeks of this craziness. I have a whole day to work on it, and I’m not motivated to go into the heat :-/

#439 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

There's no way you could put a small window unit in it and just work on the inside?

The inside stays between 85-90, with fans on, its quite pleasant, the inside needs trim and the trim painted on the bottom floor, carpet, baseboards, led lighting, bar.

The up stairs needs a few drywall things touched up, trim, paint, carpet, baseboards, lighting, outlets, outlet and switch covers.

The exterior needs trim, pine siding, siding stain, winch lift, window shade awning

I’m sure I’m missing some things, pretty much a few solid weeks pushing things forward would take care of things to get to a final
    But the heat kills the exterior work, and the up stairs is lacking a large window.

#440 5 years ago

Large window frame, because;why not

4527FBE7-206A-413C-9622-D62E0E860F79 (resized).jpeg4527FBE7-206A-413C-9622-D62E0E860F79 (resized).jpeg7D7A319A-DF07-4086-851A-B5AAE886E857 (resized).jpeg7D7A319A-DF07-4086-851A-B5AAE886E857 (resized).jpeg
    #444 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like a big screen tv.

I wish, that would be sweet!
    I could change scenery

Quoted from kciaccio:

Just joined Pinside. Getting my first pin Friday..Arcade guy most of my life. Branching out to pins now.
    I live in Houston Texas...This is right up my alley. Great job! Looking forward to your final product!

Welcome to the madness!

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Any goodpublic places to play pinball in odessa/midland Area? I have work stuff there about once per month. Looking for something to do, instead of sitting inside my $350 per night hotel room! Haha!

Once this gr is done hit me up, my place is the only good place... otherwise, Cinergy Theater in Odessa on hwy191 has 2 not very well maintained pins; twd, got.

Hotel prices here are stupid. If I were smart I would install a bathroom in my gr and rent a room out (add extra for access to pins, lol)

#445 5 years ago

A little progress done, it’s like eating an elephant ... one bite at a time

ABB53A08-5A56-4FD3-AB03-036106BE5A6A (resized).jpegABB53A08-5A56-4FD3-AB03-036106BE5A6A (resized).jpeg
    #447 5 years ago

Playing with a logo idea for a gameroom sign...

A few hours in photoshop, don’t tell the Chinese that I have a knack for copying stuff )

90629E0A-0A70-412D-AE33-0BE952BB760D (resized).jpeg90629E0A-0A70-412D-AE33-0BE952BB760D (resized).jpeg9A7961EC-21D7-4E25-9D6D-8F9397A77284 (resized).jpeg9A7961EC-21D7-4E25-9D6D-8F9397A77284 (resized).jpegB9845DD2-1606-4757-AD31-058CD740A6A7 (resized).jpegB9845DD2-1606-4757-AD31-058CD740A6A7 (resized).jpeg
    #451 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I like it. Have it screen printed using UV ink and put a bl above it.

Thanks , I’m still trying to decide if I like it enough... I also have no idea on where to have it screen printed with uv ink.

Cheapest room I can find has been $303 a night. Pretty crazy, indeed!

I believe it. And most of the rooms in town are full most of the time I bet. I’ve met people from all over the world here, everyone’s been here for work, no one wants to be here

#452 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Thanks , I’m still trying to decide if I like it enough... I also have no idea on where to have it screen printed with uv ink.

I believe it. And most of the rooms in town are full most of the time I bet. I’ve met people from all over the world here, everyone’s been here for work, no one wants to be here

Quoted from Pinless:

If you would have built a rentable room, that could have easily paid for your game room and pins in a couple years.

I love that idea! My wife is not that adventurous. Privacy is a high commodity in my household.

#454 5 years ago

Led neon came in, months of measuring and waiting on payment to clear and such... all beautiful!

832587BD-16F6-4A1F-86AC-53826B5E08B4 (resized).jpeg832587BD-16F6-4A1F-86AC-53826B5E08B4 (resized).jpegE0DB6CC6-F87B-4865-BA9D-C5025A495A5A (resized).jpegE0DB6CC6-F87B-4865-BA9D-C5025A495A5A (resized).jpeg
    #457 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

How many feet are those spools? Are they one solid run? What do they cost if you don't mind me asking?

It took me a while to pin these down, they are the thick commercial large version, about 3/4” wide, not the regular ebay 3/8” wide version.

They’re about $400 per spool with shipping to the US... 100 meters long; solid runs; you can pretty much order any length. They can be cut every few feet and have marks on the back to indicate where to cut.

I bought spools of controllable rgbw , blue and yellow

The blue and yellow spools are shorter at 50 meters

There’s a bunch of accessories to buy too , mounting brackets, connectors, controllers, ect

I believe the company is rhein8 on alibaba, a fellow with broken English named Leon took good care of things, even answering emails and calling me lIke a crazy person in the middle of the night (middle of the night for him).

1 week later
    #458 5 years ago

Added a little flair over the weekend, lots of cleaning and some repair, she purrs like a kitten

Also... foo fighters + joust, what could go wrong??

2E01861D-237F-4A96-BFC0-834EF5A81411 (resized).jpeg2E01861D-237F-4A96-BFC0-834EF5A81411 (resized).jpeg38872A32-711A-471D-96FF-9F34FAF2652E (resized).jpeg38872A32-711A-471D-96FF-9F34FAF2652E (resized).jpeg61EC8880-8320-4E84-AFFE-91FD1AFA2C95 (resized).jpeg61EC8880-8320-4E84-AFFE-91FD1AFA2C95 (resized).jpeg8B426CD2-92ED-4A6A-AA11-5E49A9A68F88 (resized).jpeg8B426CD2-92ED-4A6A-AA11-5E49A9A68F88 (resized).jpeg
    #460 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That is gonna give you a nice selection of bottle beer. LOL

You betchya!!

#463 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

You framed my avatar. I feel honored! I'll come by and sign it when you're ready to host.

Nice! Did you get a copy of the poster? It sold out in under a minute when it released, scary stuff!

Quoted from Drewscruis:

I have that pepsi machine's smaller brother. you can fit anything but a long neck in it. Mine has been going strong for the 15years I've owned it. just make sure to vacuum the condenser every now and then, noticed mine gets full of dust and cobwebs at least once a year.
    and your missing the drip tray, it goes under that hose next to the condenser.

Thanks for the advise! I have the drip tray installed now, it was off frame in the photo.

Do you have a pic of how your drip tray is installed??? I just sat it in there the best I could.

Also, I’m missing the bolt that goes to the condenser mounting plate, (that bolts the plate to the machines bottom) I cannot figure out what bolt it is, bought a 1/4”, 3/16”, and an 8mm, nothing works.

It’s funny, the length for a big bottle is there, but if they’re too fat, they won’t pull , hehe.

I’ve been thinking of putting led strips behind the Pepsi sign, and in the inner door light .

Also maybe the push button mod for free play, (not going to permanently drill a hole or anything of course)

1 week later
    #465 5 years ago
    Quoted from Drewscruis:

The drip tray just clips in if I'm not mistaken. The pepsi sign should have a florucent light behind it. If you open the coin door there should be 1 or 2 thumb screws. Pull them and the sign will come right out. If it doesn't have a light fixture there is a plug near the sign that has a 110v tap for the light fixture.
    Edit: I should have looked at the pictures lol. Just saw yours is lit up lol.

Nice! Thanks, The refrigerant must have leaked out, so now it’s not cooling. Hopefully I can get a refrigeration guy out soon to help with the issue. I had to re-tap the bolthole, so the bolt would fit.

Some updated images, I think I put about 30 hours in this week

50E66FDA-0DF3-444E-B9A8-687DEB7FFF36 (resized).jpeg50E66FDA-0DF3-444E-B9A8-687DEB7FFF36 (resized).jpeg59B007FB-1770-4F26-9216-8C6293859F02 (resized).jpeg59B007FB-1770-4F26-9216-8C6293859F02 (resized).jpegA44D815A-46F3-45AB-BA8A-D7DE9DCD17F4 (resized).jpegA44D815A-46F3-45AB-BA8A-D7DE9DCD17F4 (resized).jpeg
    #471 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

chosen_s Thanks for the best game room build ever! Best hour of my life. Watching til the end!

Dude thank you!

So the door on the second floor that leads to the roof of your house? Got to ask. And are you roofing that (guessing) porch on your house looks like Tarpaper but no shingles yet?

The door is for the lift that I’m about to build, the roof that looks unfinished is the awning over my porch , it’s actually not unfinished, just looks that way.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think there'a gonna be a balcony along that wall, that's why there's a big overhang.

I wish, there will be a deadbolt keyed from both sides, and a handle on the inside , as long as it’s locked, no ones going through...

Quoted from merccat:

I just figured thats the door you send people you don’t like through.

... except maybe some people

#472 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think there'a gonna be a balcony along that wall, that's why there's a big overhang.

That was ACTUALLY in the original design, my better half didn’t approve, and neither did the city... actually, the city doesn’t care if I put a party deck up there, they don’t want me connecting it (the building) to the house

I bet after some time passes, the Mrs and the City might forget about little ole me

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

That deck would have been cool but at least you don't have to worry about someone falling off it and suing your ass. So is the lift gonna be exposed?

Yes, I’ll start cutting the metal frame soon to have the pieces welded, there will be unistrut tracks, a foldable deck, and a winch.

I’m finally getting to the fun stuff!!!

#476 5 years ago
    Quoted from someotherguy:

Offroad pinball lift, you're welcome
    Richard
    [quoted image][quoted image]

yeah, I have one of those... its not fitting I'm my back yard, gotta make something more proprietary

#477 5 years ago

Yup... working on the up stairs again, it’s about time

And got the stain and sealer finished on the wood exterior

418CF20E-E30F-4E75-A53D-C4CFB8DA02EB (resized).jpeg418CF20E-E30F-4E75-A53D-C4CFB8DA02EB (resized).jpegF5711726-E6C8-4502-A062-EDA6F2715968 (resized).jpegF5711726-E6C8-4502-A062-EDA6F2715968 (resized).jpeg
    #479 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Would you hurry up.

NO!

There’s a lot little detail things I can’t stand to document, I’m trying to hit the highlights. I’m so ready to be done its not even funny. Lol

#483 5 years ago

You gotta get this thing finished before I get reassigned off of my Odessa client! Looks great!

I'm hurrying!! lol, seriously, you can hit me up, if I'm in town you can swing by.

Quoted from Whysnow:

looking great! keep at it!

Thanks buddy!

Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hear ya, I did the complete inside of my 24x36x9'6" garage by myself and it took 1-1/2 years. Now I'm putting soffit rgb lighting on 3 walls and it's taking forever and of course the walls aren't straight so I have to put molding under it to hide the gaps but I was going to do that anyway to hide the screws so no big deal. I wish I could put the programable led strip in but man that stuff is expensive and power hungry.
    You have the ac on while working inside?

ooooooooooooOOOOOOOOO! thats gonna be cool!, Im going a different direction with mine, I can wait to see what it looks like and to show you guys.

No AC yet, I'm waiting til after final inspection, which will be the first thing I do ( I think) ... I have a bunch of box fans to move the air around, it's ok, its not too hot to get unmotivated. although, Id probably be working on it more if it wasn't so hot before I turn on the fans.

Edit:
    Here’s a shot of the window area down stairs

D6C805EB-5360-4C2F-B1DA-1EDDD7F40532 (resized).jpegD6C805EB-5360-4C2F-B1DA-1EDDD7F40532 (resized).jpeg
    #486 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Finishing is where you spot things you should have done differently way back when and now you have to find a way to cover it up or do a work around. Yeah I'd like to see a thread.

Yup, I keep tearing stuff out to put better correct stuff in

ECE094A6-EABD-45A0-8851-0442C08C895D (resized).jpegECE094A6-EABD-45A0-8851-0442C08C895D (resized).jpeg
    #488 5 years ago

What are you doing for HVAC?

I’ve got a mini split with 4 separate handlers that I’ll install soon

#489 5 years ago

Electrical for the lift

Some more up stairs interior trim work

3EDF49B9-FF8F-47F7-B08D-E902FD714606 (resized).jpeg3EDF49B9-FF8F-47F7-B08D-E902FD714606 (resized).jpegF379C310-9B74-4C1E-B096-104635E80899 (resized).jpegF379C310-9B74-4C1E-B096-104635E80899 (resized).jpeg
    #490 5 years ago

Fun with tools...

52A2A2DC-7C69-4B0B-AA1D-2DBFCFA8DD08 (resized).jpeg52A2A2DC-7C69-4B0B-AA1D-2DBFCFA8DD08 (resized).jpeg56469824-627E-4C53-B3D2-6669CB78FFCE (resized).jpeg56469824-627E-4C53-B3D2-6669CB78FFCE (resized).jpeg873095F1-8079-4236-BA54-FBF120E9B1BE (resized).jpeg873095F1-8079-4236-BA54-FBF120E9B1BE (resized).jpeg
    #494 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Is that a tungsten carbide ring? No fun getting off if you smash your finger. Mine is only worn at my desk job and when the wife and I go out. Any physical work and it is sitting on a shelf.

Quoted from Pinzap:

I might be mistaken, but it looks like a silicone band or similar. Been thinking of getting one to replace my tungsten band for just the reason you mention. And less harm to the pins during a slap-save.

Yup, silicone, tore one up, lost one in the lake washing my hands. Then there’s this one , going strong for a month. A gift from my wife for Christmas . I love em

#495 5 years ago

Lift installed!

2x6 treated pine x3 per column
    Screwed and lag-bolted to the building

1 5/8”x 1 5/8” schedule 12 unistrut mounted to the columns.

1350lb capacity cable hoist hung from unistrut

Tomorrow I plan to install unistrut on the columns to mount a service lift to. Then I’ll start making the service lift soon(ish)

737DA790-4E2E-4456-A1E2-7D70957F4980 (resized).jpeg737DA790-4E2E-4456-A1E2-7D70957F4980 (resized).jpeg85A00434-B7F8-454E-8205-3F7E60D3C035 (resized).jpeg85A00434-B7F8-454E-8205-3F7E60D3C035 (resized).jpeg8FDB5774-42F3-4513-A9E6-F992FC8E5F4D (resized).png8FDB5774-42F3-4513-A9E6-F992FC8E5F4D (resized).png939C21D7-01ED-4CBA-A532-EC8AF8B7582D (resized).jpeg939C21D7-01ED-4CBA-A532-EC8AF8B7582D (resized).jpeg
    #498 5 years ago
    Quoted from Drewscruis:

Just a quick question, are you going to use the lift as the primary means of going upstairs? or do you have a staircase somewhere?

I’m going to build a staircase, the lift is being built to move games up to the 2nd floor

#500 5 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

That's an amazing idea!

I love this idea to, I’m sure the city wont love it so much

#502 5 years ago

Staircase, inside the game room, outside the game room or both? I have some ideas/Envisions about your Lyft kind of want to see where you go with it.

at the moment, I have an attic ladder installed, staircase soonish... as for the lift, Im putting up some track railing, called unistrut, it will be the track for a lift/cage that Ive got to weld together, the games will ride the lift to the door on the 2nd floor.

#503 5 years ago
    A28335FD-3797-4F96-BA97-A5EA3D343FB2 (resized).jpegA28335FD-3797-4F96-BA97-A5EA3D343FB2 (resized).jpegAA7123AF-9FF8-4993-AE04-E8463C246156 (resized).jpegAA7123AF-9FF8-4993-AE04-E8463C246156 (resized).jpegCD6A48C8-9BFE-4B8D-AFBC-045A230A1B34 (resized).jpegCD6A48C8-9BFE-4B8D-AFBC-045A230A1B34 (resized).jpegED708A11-5F6F-4AC0-B21F-C0ED3A36F66B (resized).jpegED708A11-5F6F-4AC0-B21F-C0ED3A36F66B (resized).jpeg
    3 weeks later
    #504 5 years ago
    20DC1C01-13BE-40AF-B438-DCF336CE9E12 (resized).jpeg20DC1C01-13BE-40AF-B438-DCF336CE9E12 (resized).jpeg94403225-29CF-4CF4-8830-D8956009B6CF (resized).jpeg94403225-29CF-4CF4-8830-D8956009B6CF (resized).jpegE4998872-FA2D-4610-B39A-0E0FCDBA7CC1 (resized).jpegE4998872-FA2D-4610-B39A-0E0FCDBA7CC1 (resized).jpeg
    #507 5 years ago

Thanks guys!

8AD484AF-0A2F-4302-9E76-76C83504DC08 (resized).jpeg8AD484AF-0A2F-4302-9E76-76C83504DC08 (resized).jpeg9B34533A-5E19-4BD9-A270-720C6B379D6C (resized).jpeg9B34533A-5E19-4BD9-A270-720C6B379D6C (resized).jpegAFD72920-2747-4BE3-9C57-CFB05364B3B7 (resized).jpegAFD72920-2747-4BE3-9C57-CFB05364B3B7 (resized).jpegCBA7A5AA-866A-4EE0-A7A0-74E2E8DEC75C (resized).jpegCBA7A5AA-866A-4EE0-A7A0-74E2E8DEC75C (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #509 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It looks like you robbed a bank and the dye pack exploded in your secret lair lol. You're a big fan of blue I take it? What's the vision for the rest of the interior design?

I have led neon strips I’m going to put on the top part of the wall, I also have a lot of vintage and new arcade and pinball posters I’m having framed to put above the games in various places. I’ve also collected several playfields, I plan to do something with those too... there’s going to be so much going on with arcade and pinball machines I’m trying not to go over kill. Going dark gray carpet on bottom floor , and arcade fluorescent carpet up stairs.

Update!

Final inspection completed... on to finishing my patio and Hvac soon! Moving forward

50EC5AB5-E698-48D9-92BA-F12F8A568096 (resized).jpeg50EC5AB5-E698-48D9-92BA-F12F8A568096 (resized).jpeg
    #511 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Dang your doing a patio enclosure too, that going to be glassed in.

Yes, building commercial windows for it, wish this week long rain would stop

#513 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

So what is happening to the access to the 2nd floor from the inside? Spiral Staircase? Firemans Pole? Rope ladder? Long ladder with a handrail? Or are you just going to use that attic access ladder? Hey, We want to know.

Good ole fashioned stairs, just need time and few curious inquiring pinsiders to engineer some crazy stuff

#516 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I like the blue and gold, has a blockbuster vibe to it (not being mean, it feels retro)

Hehe , “blockbuster”. I spent years deciding on my next movie to watch in my local bb, I bet that’s why my wife chose those colors... she’s reliving her childhood in this project too

#517 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Make sure you light um up. I got 3 sets of 4 at Ikea so each set of 4 changes color at different times.

You sir are going into legendary status

#521 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If you need artwork for your stair risers just let me know. I can send you the files and you can have them printed....
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hgtv-meets-pinball#post-1236442
    I have replaced those lights with RGB color changers.

Whoah! I’m liking this very much... can’t wait to start detail stuff like this

1 month later
    #522 5 years ago

Update time... no words just pics, too busy to talk about things like building in my patio, air conditioners, and led neon, sorry guys no time at all. Oh and stairs, don’t have time to talk about how I started building stairs and ripped it all out and ordered a metal spiral staircase, not to not mention that a random baseball game fouled out and landed in my doorway. I guess another time

1AEB8DE0-B431-42A5-9164-5FCCEE7401CA (resized).jpeg1AEB8DE0-B431-42A5-9164-5FCCEE7401CA (resized).jpeg64912BDE-0E37-456D-A693-5F31B3DB17F7 (resized).jpeg64912BDE-0E37-456D-A693-5F31B3DB17F7 (resized).jpeg1C0EFB01-9CD7-4D03-942B-BAF3FFCB137E (resized).jpeg1C0EFB01-9CD7-4D03-942B-BAF3FFCB137E (resized).jpeg4FBD9F75-597C-4135-AD4A-AEF1C7DF725C (resized).jpeg4FBD9F75-597C-4135-AD4A-AEF1C7DF725C (resized).jpeg7CCF584F-1AAF-4AD8-9B57-340BD3911838 (resized).jpeg7CCF584F-1AAF-4AD8-9B57-340BD3911838 (resized).jpegDFA369F0-070D-42A0-880F-34378E0F6248 (resized).jpegDFA369F0-070D-42A0-880F-34378E0F6248 (resized).jpegCC680BC5-276F-4D9B-9964-AC374E481085 (resized).jpegCC680BC5-276F-4D9B-9964-AC374E481085 (resized).jpegD0205EE4-15E4-45C1-B524-32B84F5EEC0B (resized).jpegD0205EE4-15E4-45C1-B524-32B84F5EEC0B (resized).jpeg

5DA14DAB-27CF-410B-A93B-85C36E72A285 (resized).jpeg5DA14DAB-27CF-410B-A93B-85C36E72A285 (resized).jpeg
    #527 5 years ago

Nuggets

200DD668-8B40-4A73-94F9-49694FEED22C (resized).jpeg200DD668-8B40-4A73-94F9-49694FEED22C (resized).jpeg248C219E-2594-459A-BE1B-052509621C76 (resized).jpeg248C219E-2594-459A-BE1B-052509621C76 (resized).jpeg6F7D0371-3B48-4897-A8A3-D918EB0D81FF (resized).jpeg6F7D0371-3B48-4897-A8A3-D918EB0D81FF (resized).jpeg
    #530 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Did you already state which rope led light you went with (make/model or website)... would like to do something similar in my shop.
    And same question for the brick (wallpaper?)...

Led lighting

Rhein lighting technology inc in China, you can find them on alibaba, they are the 3/4” thick led neon. Buy the aluminum tracks as well and plenty of splice connectors, talk to Leon,

www.rhein18.com rhein18.en.alibaba.com e: [email protected] Skype:Huliboled

Brick

Brick paneling from Home Depot , I used a gray grout caulk and an exact paint match to the grout for the panels seams, the “bricks” still look separated, the grout lines look mostly connected and perfect ... but once I put games and art up, no one will notice

#532 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd like to ride up and down on the outside lift you have.

That would be a sight!

2 weeks later
    #538 5 years ago

Lift is mostly done!

325F8699-5E46-43B9-8130-2D95CBAB0014 (resized).jpeg325F8699-5E46-43B9-8130-2D95CBAB0014 (resized).jpeg3B02C1CD-8979-404C-9432-2107119A6CE6 (resized).jpeg3B02C1CD-8979-404C-9432-2107119A6CE6 (resized).jpeg9EA89549-2495-46BA-AB96-E5941141D2EF (resized).jpeg9EA89549-2495-46BA-AB96-E5941141D2EF (resized).jpeg
    #539 5 years ago

#542 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now that's cool, gonna make loading you gr a breeze. How much weight do ya think it would handle?

The cable winch is rated at 1200lbs. The existing equipment is about 150lbs...

I don’t think I have any games or anything else that’s over 500 lbs... I think my Virtua Racing Machine is the heaviest, but it comes apart in 2 pieces

#543 5 years ago
    Quoted from BlueBlood:

Very cool! You are busting your ass, and it is paying off. It’s amazing and you’re not even done. Text me if you ever need an extra pair of hands. Can’t wait to see the final product.

Dude you know it!
    Thanks man

#547 5 years ago
    Quoted from markp99:

I'm curious about the asymmetrical alignment of the chains. What was your thought there?

I needed some room to get the games on from the shorter side...

The bottom frame can handle the weight, especially offset by the other side

#551 5 years ago
    Quoted from AUKraut:

Cool lift! Definitely very functional, however not having any rails on there give me great concern. Even if you made them removable so that they could be put away when not it use would be a huge safety improvement.

Yes! Rails! I have some... I just keep forgetting the darn things at work.

Quoted from merccat:

I’m guessing that platform folds up when not in use? If so I hope there is a heavy duty latch to keep it in the down position when the dolly wheels cross the fulcrum of the platform hinge. Otherwise might be a pretty exciting offload.
    It does have me thinking if there is any way I can do something similar for my basement... Hrrrmmm...

It does fold; It folds down, and it folds up. I don’t see any need to fold it for now, but I might need to in the future, if nothing else to keep dirt and whether off of the wooden platform.

As of right now, the only way I have to move this up and down is with the switch on the second floor. I’m brainstorming a way to extend the switch to the bottom floor, so that I can have it on both bottom and top floors. Just another evening project that’s all!

#553 5 years ago

So the real question is how many times have you rode it up and down? I would be a test dummy if I were closer.

Lol... once... I had to get my 5 year old to stand up top and push the button, haha

3 weeks later
    #555 5 years ago
    6815D732-AF8B-41FF-8927-355585D448EA (resized).jpeg6815D732-AF8B-41FF-8927-355585D448EA (resized).jpegE3CEA295-75FB-4359-B371-713BA57B61E8 (resized).jpegE3CEA295-75FB-4359-B371-713BA57B61E8 (resized).jpeg7E50D348-B530-4208-8E3E-70ED5993AC9B (resized).jpeg7E50D348-B530-4208-8E3E-70ED5993AC9B (resized).jpeg7C38B882-B89F-4107-82F2-7DCDE60030B1 (resized).jpeg7C38B882-B89F-4107-82F2-7DCDE60030B1 (resized).jpeg0744F957-3A73-4270-B01F-A202DDEF8FAF (resized).jpeg0744F957-3A73-4270-B01F-A202DDEF8FAF (resized).jpeg522C8F5B-89A9-4A91-BBAF-B338C7BD4C2F (resized).jpeg522C8F5B-89A9-4A91-BBAF-B338C7BD4C2F (resized).jpeg
    #563 5 years ago

thanks everybody.... Been a lot of work, My goal is to be finished by the end of march, working on it every day, I'm exhausted. Ive been putting in several hours a day and then the weekends Im at home, I work on it and take time to spend with my family. working by flashlight and spotlight, ha! I think I work faster alone, unless someones been working with me consistently and we get in a groove. Almost all of the materials have made their way to me; carpet, cabinets, and more,... still waiting on more metal trim, other than that, the only thing that is holding me back is time

#565 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Do you have to worry about the heat this time of year?

No, it’s been between 40 and 60... It dips down a little at night, gotta bundle up

3 weeks later
    #567 5 years ago
    D35226E3-1023-4099-8CD6-21659543A6A0 (resized).jpegD35226E3-1023-4099-8CD6-21659543A6A0 (resized).jpegA938B6DF-FDCB-40FB-89F0-27E2C84F9C97 (resized).jpegA938B6DF-FDCB-40FB-89F0-27E2C84F9C97 (resized).jpeg5BE77D41-8F7B-4806-8809-37D0F23FA75F (resized).jpeg5BE77D41-8F7B-4806-8809-37D0F23FA75F (resized).jpegE9DD5863-E2C9-4909-9E85-B27AE1C45004 (resized).jpegE9DD5863-E2C9-4909-9E85-B27AE1C45004 (resized).jpegD6ABACE5-F482-4A71-B1AC-CBB86B4476C0 (resized).jpegD6ABACE5-F482-4A71-B1AC-CBB86B4476C0 (resized).jpeg65CED044-8AE3-416F-A226-A36C246E6014 (resized).jpeg65CED044-8AE3-416F-A226-A36C246E6014 (resized).jpeg52B5BB58-3C98-472A-BB7C-0D176C71F129 (resized).jpeg52B5BB58-3C98-472A-BB7C-0D176C71F129 (resized).jpeg
    #568 5 years ago

... more electrical done for the tower, installed t&g pine and stained, got the stair case installed about 75% done. Started framing the breeze way.

#571 5 years ago

Thank you for the cool comments !

The lift is on the other side of the tower

Also my wife is super strong

We hoisted the carpet into the top floor ... my buddy Dave posing for the historical pic

C65C7946-A94C-4BCE-B741-F3015C9B291A (resized).jpegC65C7946-A94C-4BCE-B741-F3015C9B291A (resized).jpeg32B85968-3C90-4737-8D0B-176A0A5A50F4 (resized).jpeg32B85968-3C90-4737-8D0B-176A0A5A50F4 (resized).jpeg11E96440-41C0-479A-9932-259BE317C1D5 (resized).jpeg11E96440-41C0-479A-9932-259BE317C1D5 (resized).jpegCA90D5C9-ACFE-4C9C-AF81-9CF566D9FF14 (resized).jpegCA90D5C9-ACFE-4C9C-AF81-9CF566D9FF14 (resized).jpegA65061A4-1B25-42DE-B7BE-26625AC05ABD (resized).jpegA65061A4-1B25-42DE-B7BE-26625AC05ABD (resized).jpegC51A321D-F02E-4B84-8A00-E0CA100489C5 (resized).jpegC51A321D-F02E-4B84-8A00-E0CA100489C5 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #572 5 years ago

Big things have been happening... I finally finished the metal on the tower and the metal on the breezeway, from the outside it looks almost like a complete project!

Carpet install for the upper floor is supposed to be today...

I also found some time to put some work in the bar.... with some luck I’ll have it finished with in the next few days, I’m learning about installing laminate on wood, it’s real important to have a warm day for contact cement to work properly, oh the humanity! Lol

1204F41B-4EE4-42B1-B664-1D2271768CE9 (resized).jpeg1204F41B-4EE4-42B1-B664-1D2271768CE9 (resized).jpeg344B1E31-1585-4427-81B9-A10EF6F30DF3 (resized).jpeg344B1E31-1585-4427-81B9-A10EF6F30DF3 (resized).jpeg6DA9559E-85E3-41CA-8605-28D1644700C8 (resized).jpeg6DA9559E-85E3-41CA-8605-28D1644700C8 (resized).jpeg

#574 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

What are you using for carpet padding? I love my 3/8 inch memory foam.

Yes! I’m using 3/8” padding... (I think it’s memory foam)

#576 5 years ago

He can’t ‘remember’ if it’s ‘memory’ foam! Haha! That’s great!

I’m chuckling a little bit...

Also, the carpet guy is making headway

No one ever post pictures of the middle of the process of installing carpet. Well here’s one

F468F20F-2DF8-4674-9C3E-9924D16C7733 (resized).jpegF468F20F-2DF8-4674-9C3E-9924D16C7733 (resized).jpeg
    #578 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Memory foam looks like all one piece, chip foam looks like chips of different colored foam. Make sure to put black lights under your games, that brings the entire carpet to life.

Yup, definitely don’t have memory foam

Bro, you know me... lights galore

#580 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

OK, I hope the dents don't get to bad with the regular padding. MORE LIGHTS!

Same here! I do have memory foam in my house it turns out

... catching some speed

45DBACEF-2DA9-4DC6-A4B7-ACFA1D4FD3F7 (resized).jpeg45DBACEF-2DA9-4DC6-A4B7-ACFA1D4FD3F7 (resized).jpeg9E534ACA-B621-4B3B-8823-EA3B182D1222 (resized).jpeg9E534ACA-B621-4B3B-8823-EA3B182D1222 (resized).jpegC6E76B5D-ECE2-4811-B62B-F5D87C890955 (resized).jpegC6E76B5D-ECE2-4811-B62B-F5D87C890955 (resized).jpegDF42B748-DBAE-47E0-A3AA-1784EE0449E4 (resized).jpegDF42B748-DBAE-47E0-A3AA-1784EE0449E4 (resized).jpegF70FE194-DE01-48D3-A2D7-3D448E530A40 (resized).jpegF70FE194-DE01-48D3-A2D7-3D448E530A40 (resized).jpeg
    #582 5 years ago

Workin on the bar, almost done (with the bar)

4219376D-6814-4F55-88A5-957E513EF37F (resized).jpeg4219376D-6814-4F55-88A5-957E513EF37F (resized).jpeg44B2C874-6AF0-4A71-B4A8-52A64FF171D5 (resized).jpeg44B2C874-6AF0-4A71-B4A8-52A64FF171D5 (resized).jpeg
    #586 5 years ago

It’s been such a long project that I accumulated too many games to fit, there may be some trial and error, and some games might need to get cut, mostly arcade machines... I think I decided also to put all of my system 11’s up stairs in the 80’s room regardless if they’re from the 80s or not (here’s lookin at you Radical!”) I still have 3 system 11’s that are being worked on (high speed, whirlwind, transporter) that are not ready, so I have some time there. There are a few pieces that I have made deals on but have not finalized but are for sure additions (haunted house, hook, vector)

Also I’m in the process of building 2 four player machines that will utilize modern games (pc and switch... mostly for killer queen black and others) and thinking about maybe finding a big buck wild hd... not small peices

And also a small classic console setup with crt tv and all to play the games I grew up on (Genesis, tg16, nes, snes) ... exciting times gentlemen !

#589 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

So awesome! Keep up the great work! Cannot wait to see the total finished product.
    --Scott

Thanks man! My tna will unbox and slide right in!

Quoted from toyotaboy:

between that carpet and neon, color me jealous

So much work, so much. Thank you

#591 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

[quoted image]
    In all seriousness; are you having a Arcade warming party just before TPF?

I wish, my goal is to be completely finished by tpf, so that when I get home I can relax for a few minutes then start cleaning and loading games in.

Still to do

Complete building window
    Install French doors
    Tile patio
    Carpet tile bottom floor
    Baseboards bottom floor
    Touch up paint top floor
    Wire up audio system in closet
    Mount TVs
    Paint patio interior
    Trim out a few areas interior and exterior
    Install exterior patio light
    Install interior patio lights
    Clean, organize, throw away stuff

I’m sure I’m missing a few to do’s

#592 5 years ago

Huge window frame built!

6F8F367C-4517-4AAC-A170-B046B79BB92B (resized).jpeg6F8F367C-4517-4AAC-A170-B046B79BB92B (resized).jpeg
    #593 5 years ago

Window installed today! I measured the height 1/4” off incorrectly, and the window outgassed a little when we turned it upwards, I think it will be ok. It has a 10 year warranty if it goes bad. The height is ok, I just stacked setting blocks in the bottom to raise it up a little, sealed just fine.

The metal siding above the window was the last and most challenging cut so far, I threw away several finished cuts, and unfortunately it’s not the prettiest when you get close to it, but from 12 feet away, it’s a keeper!

05DD342F-BECC-45A8-8B4E-C3CC9D8730DB (resized).jpeg05DD342F-BECC-45A8-8B4E-C3CC9D8730DB (resized).jpeg4CD874F2-AE35-48D1-BB44-42422D33797F (resized).jpeg4CD874F2-AE35-48D1-BB44-42422D33797F (resized).jpeg
    #596 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

How much did the glass panel weigh?
    As a window maker looks like a fair effort!

the order says 300lbs

it took 3 of us to move it, had to carry it through the alley also, my wheeled glass carrying contraption did not help, hehe

#598 5 years ago
    Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Wow I just read through this entire thread and I am incredibly impressed! Great work! I assume the issues with the city were resolved?

Wow! Thank you, the city is crazy, yes I got a final on everything.

First pin upstairs in the 80’s room... Warning: Robowar!

083A83FB-D589-4EBA-ADE9-8587A908FF77 (resized).jpeg083A83FB-D589-4EBA-ADE9-8587A908FF77 (resized).jpeg3C6830C5-DDBC-4BD6-BF54-4F3BB1981CE4 (resized).jpeg3C6830C5-DDBC-4BD6-BF54-4F3BB1981CE4 (resized).jpeg
    #603 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

There ya go Chosen, $100 a night B&amp;B with unlimited game play. Pay for that building in no time.

Sure! $100 per night... that would be about right, there’s no shower or bed ha! All night pinball for $100, they’ll want to run the A/C in the summer and the games will need maintenance ... so $150 lol

#605 5 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Not sure that junction box pic is up to code. That’s nuts! Have no idea how you got all of that in there and closed!

Slow process with a Rubber mallet and a 1x1, quadrupled checking every connection through the process

#606 5 years ago
    079527A8-A3DE-41F0-B289-3123481A2001 (resized).jpeg079527A8-A3DE-41F0-B289-3123481A2001 (resized).jpeg
    #608 5 years ago

Tile just got finished, closing in on the finish line

7AF059F7-F3AD-43CC-940D-D1D5674CD2BC (resized).jpeg7AF059F7-F3AD-43CC-940D-D1D5674CD2BC (resized).jpegCFD2181A-AA5E-4F58-A39A-14E879B23391 (resized).jpegCFD2181A-AA5E-4F58-A39A-14E879B23391 (resized).jpegD429B86B-6A15-4764-AB37-374B9AAB47FF (resized).jpegD429B86B-6A15-4764-AB37-374B9AAB47FF (resized).jpeg
    #611 5 years ago

Is that an extension to the tower? Will games be in there to? Or is this a area for the wife?

This is in the patio, it will be school area, lego area, maybe a game or 2

Quoted from Yelobird:

I have never wanted so badly to live in the out building behind a house.... My god this looks amazing from top to bottom every detail. Congrats!

Dude, thank you! My kids want to live in there too, ha!

#616 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

can you post a photo from that new window looking up at the spiral stairs?

Quoted from Zavadoza:

Ben this is amazing. Are you going to TPF?

Yes sir. Guys I have to leave early Sunday Am, can’t bring games this year, I did bring flight2k last year

5CFEBD92-C24E-4002-B42F-F87C8173490C (resized).jpeg5CFEBD92-C24E-4002-B42F-F87C8173490C (resized).jpegD614AA4B-F242-461C-8DF3-5089A9FD1607 (resized).jpegD614AA4B-F242-461C-8DF3-5089A9FD1607 (resized).jpeg
    #617 5 years ago

Starting to come together

0F0809E1-F2D2-4818-81B4-DF6664320856 (resized).jpeg0F0809E1-F2D2-4818-81B4-DF6664320856 (resized).jpeg
    #622 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zavadoza:

San Antonio is 5 hours from TPF, which is 5 hours from Midland, which is 5 hours from San Antonio.
    [quoted image]

its like the Texas Triangle of awesomeness!

Quoted from swinks:

That looks sweet, well done

Quoted from Yelobird:

Forget TPF, I’m going to your house !! Lol. Love the perimeter lighting.

Quoted from swillie:

This is an amazing project! Have been watching since you started and shown many people the pics gallery of your progress...please post a video walk thru once you are ready. Complete awesomeness!!

thank you guys, I plan to do a walk thru . I had a few guys over last night and put everything through its paces, electrical is all good, and we were blaring everything fairly loud and the wife and kids didn't even notice ( asleep ) So Im going to celebrate (mostly by going to TPF and coming home to a complete project and several machines to fix LOL)

#624 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

You are an inspiration.
    [quoted image]

Ha! Thanks

Im just an insane ‘organized “hoarder”

1 month later
    #625 4 years ago

I’ve been super busy putting stuff on walls, fixing a water leak, finishing up trim outside, watching tv, and playing borderlands 2... oh and pinball.

A few more games going up stairs, put up art on the walls, need to fix Harley and move it back to my dads office, need to bring in transporter and finish it , somewhere in there I’ll finally get up a walkthrough video

07107AB8-D167-4146-86BD-BCF1A2528FA1 (resized).jpeg07107AB8-D167-4146-86BD-BCF1A2528FA1 (resized).jpeg4119E2B4-6DB6-4675-9B3D-BC907269602C (resized).jpeg4119E2B4-6DB6-4675-9B3D-BC907269602C (resized).jpeg6D96330F-01AE-49DD-8031-71AC610B810F (resized).jpeg6D96330F-01AE-49DD-8031-71AC610B810F (resized).jpeg2BC2432B-23DD-402A-AAB0-FE7379757ECE (resized).jpeg2BC2432B-23DD-402A-AAB0-FE7379757ECE (resized).jpeg8547DD24-91BB-4123-B8DD-48ADF48EED90 (resized).jpeg8547DD24-91BB-4123-B8DD-48ADF48EED90 (resized).jpeg64F86A4C-5972-4020-8B94-BDD491E0E329 (resized).jpeg64F86A4C-5972-4020-8B94-BDD491E0E329 (resized).jpeg96D7EC5A-8990-4BFA-BF20-54FA769AA686 (resized).jpeg96D7EC5A-8990-4BFA-BF20-54FA769AA686 (resized).jpegAA1E122B-A07A-476D-9426-4E1C48F3BF50 (resized).jpegAA1E122B-A07A-476D-9426-4E1C48F3BF50 (resized).jpegD48BC97A-EE8F-4010-B258-4DAF09D8F486 (resized).jpegD48BC97A-EE8F-4010-B258-4DAF09D8F486 (resized).jpegDD597B70-1AC9-44FA-A4BF-E315E00B69A5 (resized).jpegDD597B70-1AC9-44FA-A4BF-E315E00B69A5 (resized).jpeg
    263 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Chosen_S. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chosen_S.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backyard-gameroom-in-the-desert?tu=Chosen_S and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.