Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 660 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kciaccio
  • Topic is favorited by 90 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6CCCFCC7-4C18-45CC-BAE6-D28C9398F75E.gif
    E6E3FF10-4C5E-4EEF-BD19-3DEC5E083748 (resized).jpeg
    D00B7C0B-BB79-4F44-90C6-5202495F7ECE (resized).jpeg
    D2F8EE23-80C9-4A16-8BDA-BC49765A1BCF (resized).jpeg
    709ED91A-18D6-4CEC-BFA9-C3E09D69C034 (resized).jpeg
    4119E2B4-6DB6-4675-9B3D-BC907269602C (resized).jpeg
    D48BC97A-EE8F-4010-B258-4DAF09D8F486 (resized).jpeg
    AA1E122B-A07A-476D-9426-4E1C48F3BF50 (resized).jpeg
    DD597B70-1AC9-44FA-A4BF-E315E00B69A5 (resized).jpeg
    07107AB8-D167-4146-86BD-BCF1A2528FA1 (resized).jpeg
    64F86A4C-5972-4020-8B94-BDD491E0E329 (resized).jpeg
    6D96330F-01AE-49DD-8031-71AC610B810F (resized).jpeg
    8547DD24-91BB-4123-B8DD-48ADF48EED90 (resized).jpeg
    2BC2432B-23DD-402A-AAB0-FE7379757ECE (resized).jpeg
    96D7EC5A-8990-4BFA-BF20-54FA769AA686 (resized).jpeg
    Wayne's World small.gif
    There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
    #351 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks good. How about some neons and lit pf's on the walls.

You bet! All in due time

Moar insulation!!!

FCB8F4ED-9786-47C7-B31F-EC1B45989A3B (resized).jpegFCB8F4ED-9786-47C7-B31F-EC1B45989A3B (resized).jpeg

E9FCCFBD-2385-4FF8-821C-F0FA27835BCB (resized).jpegE9FCCFBD-2385-4FF8-821C-F0FA27835BCB (resized).jpeg

#352 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks good. How about some neons and lit pf's on the walls.

The mods I’m talking about are much bigger than that

#353 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Yeah! Pin Stadium the Crap out of that place with strips on Every joist so we can see you in Chicago! JK. I am So jealous of this build and effort. In my area they won't so much as let me change the garage door without a vote.... Love what you have done thanks for sharing.

#354 6 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah! Pin Stadium the Crap out of that place with strips on Every joist so we can see you in Chicago! JK. I am So jealous of this build and effort. In my area they won't so much as let me change the garage door without a vote.... Love what you have done thanks for sharing.

I appreciate the kind words, I might just pinstadium the crap out of it!! But in a different way

#355 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Bigger??? I gotta see this.

#356 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I appreciate the kind words, I might just pinstadium the crap out of it!! But in a different way

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#357 5 years ago

Now we’re talking ! It needs less dudes and moar lights

#358 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

It needs less dudes

That's just hurtful.

#359 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

That's just hurtful.

I don’t know those guys, besides I’m tired of inspectors. Your cool to play in my gr

#360 5 years ago

We may have landed a name...

“Level Up”

I know there’s already a barcade with this name. Sometimes it just works out that way

The runner up name:

“Another Castle”

I was trying to tell my wife that she is the game rooms princess, And there is a certain game, where the princess is always in another castle. She didn’t get it. Lost brownie points on the fact that she had a game gear growing up and no NES, but I may yet persuade her...

#361 5 years ago

Why not "Texarcada"

#362 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

“Level Up”

Once again...hurtful.

Quoted from zh2oson:

In no particular order:
    1. The Pin-pire State Building
    2. The Best Little Pin House in Texas
    3. Silver Baller City
    4. The Texas Drop Target Massacre
    5. Matthew McConaughey Once Slept Here
    6. Friday Night LEDs
    7. The Lone Star Rollover

#363 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Your cool to play in my gr

Ok. Disregard my previous post.

#364 5 years ago

How about the "Up Level"?

#365 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

“Level Up”
    I know there’s already a barcade with this name. Sometimes it just works out that way
    The runner up name:
    “Another Castle”
    I was trying to tell my wife that she is the game rooms princess, And there is a certain game, where the princess is always in another castle. She didn’t get it. Lost brownie points on the fact that she had a game gear growing up and no NES, but I may yet persuade her...

There are about 3 or 4 barcades(all same owner type deal) named "Another Castle" up in Washington as well lol. I think all cool arcade/barcade names at this point are taken

#366 5 years ago

I’m how about “On Tilt”

#367 5 years ago
    Quoted from nightsearcher:

I’m how about “On Tilt”

Solid name. Our league in LA uses it...not that you should take that into consideration.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1662083717416194/

#368 5 years ago

More insulation, really glad this phase is almost done... about to move on to dry wall. Really excited about that part!

Plus a little victory dance

0D2F247F-134F-43F9-AA59-B7D455625833 (resized).jpeg0D2F247F-134F-43F9-AA59-B7D455625833 (resized).jpeg

3149BF34-57F1-4F11-976C-7F2480DD1D34 (resized).jpeg3149BF34-57F1-4F11-976C-7F2480DD1D34 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
    #369 5 years ago

More stuff done!
    Finished upper ceiling frame. Added drywall to 4 walls

Victory is nearing all the time!

66A0E505-3F74-4B5A-B0CE-2720DFB385B9 (resized).jpeg66A0E505-3F74-4B5A-B0CE-2720DFB385B9 (resized).jpeg

A92E5D1E-7B8B-46CD-808C-F4BF768EA8B9 (resized).jpegA92E5D1E-7B8B-46CD-808C-F4BF768EA8B9 (resized).jpeg

B4B81CCF-A69B-4E46-9B98-F1CD864E4A91 (resized).jpegB4B81CCF-A69B-4E46-9B98-F1CD864E4A91 (resized).jpeg

FBC448CC-36DA-4F8E-BD97-DA0ACE1C2C28 (resized).jpegFBC448CC-36DA-4F8E-BD97-DA0ACE1C2C28 (resized).jpeg

2344FDDD-3E2E-44EF-BCA0-8D02AB747270 (resized).jpeg2344FDDD-3E2E-44EF-BCA0-8D02AB747270 (resized).jpeg

78A6247D-5432-4CB1-86E7-6275A1FBC2F3 (resized).jpeg78A6247D-5432-4CB1-86E7-6275A1FBC2F3 (resized).jpeg

#370 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

More stuff done!
    Finished upper ceiling frame. Added drywall to 4 walls
    Victory is nearing all the time!

Great progress. You go with 3/8 or 1/2 drywall? You do the taping, muding and sanding?

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great progress. You go with 3/8 or 1/2 drywall? You do the taping, muding and sanding?

Went with 1/2” for the walls, probably 5/8” for the ceiling in the 2nd floor due to the 24” on center frame

I hung a few sheets and then called a fellow. He works during the day while I cannot. I wanted to pride myself with doing every square inch, but the oilfield has picked up so much here with the price of oil, and I have gotten super busy, so it is what it is. Now things should move along a little more quickly (I hope any way)

#372 5 years ago

Good choice for thickness but that 5/8 is a pain.

#373 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good choice for thickness but that 5/8 is a pain.

Hehe, one reason I hired a guy

#374 5 years ago

looking good and glad you hired out the drywall!

Your body will be happy with that decision

#375 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Went with 1/2” for the walls, probably 5/8” for the ceiling in the 2nd floor due to the 24” on center frame
    I hung a few sheets and then called a fellow. He works during the day while I cannot. I wanted to pride myself with doing every square inch, but the oilfield has picked up so much here with the price of oil, and I have gotten super busy, so it is what it is. Now things should move along a little more quickly (I hope any way)

There is absolutely no dishonor in getting someone else to hang sheetrock, mud, and sand! BTDTBTTS.....and will gladly pay someone else to do it!!!

#376 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hehe, one reason I hired a guy

Yeah, but do you mow your own lawn?

#377 5 years ago

Great project!

#378 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

looking good and glad you hired out the drywall!
    Your body will be happy with that decision

Yes!

Quoted from AUKraut:

There is absolutely no dishonor in getting someone else to hang sheetrock, mud, and sand! BTDTBTTS.....and will gladly pay someone else to do it!!!

Yes!!

Quoted from zh2oson:

Yeah, but do you mow your own lawn?

A resounding No, I do fix all my sprinkler stuff though

Quoted from lemmsoil:

Great project!

Yes!!!... I mean; thank you!

#379 5 years ago

OK, let the criticism, encouragement and advice commence...

(Deleted txt)

There are several houses in my neighborhood that have violated the same exact code previously, two with large additions, one with an indoor heate there are several houses in my neighborhood that have violated the same exact code previously, two with large additions, one with an indoor heated pool. Another With a trampoline room, another with a large garden room that runs a large amount of water off into the alley, which is a big violations. I realize a lot of this stuff is grandfathered in after the 2015 change to the code that does not allow the additions to connect to the house.

From this point forward, I could finish the building as an out building If forced to, but what fun is that??

I’m not worried about the sale of the house when that takes place, I will list the extra addition as climate controlled storage, and not demand the addition as additional square footage in the price.

A few questions...
    1. I’m contemplating on how long I should wait after the final inspection to start changing things and attach the building to my house.

2. I cannot find what the city will actually do if they decide to come down on me. I’m curious to know what sort of fines and action the city might do.

#380 5 years ago

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I do have some life experience I can provide. I wouldn't post in a public forum your intentions to violate a law, city code or whatever. We live in a society of envy and entitlement and not everyone is your friend. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't put it past someone to send an email to your city code enforcement giving them a heads-up of your intentions. Am I pessimistic? I would say, yes, but I like to error on the side of caution. Just my opinion. By the way, your building is awesome.

#381 5 years ago

An Inspector might come around. If they see a violation from the street, or if a neighbor complains, then you will receive a notice to comply with the building code by a certain date. The main problem is when you go to sell it in the future, a potential buyer will shy away from your home if the building is not up to code, or they will ask for a discount in your asking price to be able for them to get the building up to code. Some buyers will not care, but their lender might.

#382 5 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

I don't know the answers to your questions, but I do have some life experience I can provide. I wouldn't post in a public forum your intentions to violate a law, city code or whatever. We live in a society of envy and entitlement and not everyone is your friend. I hate to say it, but I wouldn't put it past someone to send an email to your city code enforcement giving them a heads-up of your intentions. Am I pessimistic? I would say, yes, but I like to error on the side of caution. Just my opinion. By the way, your building is awesome.

Can you please unquote my entire post

I’ll take it down soon

#383 5 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Was thinking the same thing. I would edit this post immediately and solicit private feedback. And for good measure, rx3 should edit his post to delete the quoted text. Just my two cents worth... maybe I'm a bit jaded.

Edit: you beat me to it on the recommendation to remove rx3's quoted section. We got your back... but not sure everyone on the Internet feels the same.

#384 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Was thinking the same thing. I would edit this post immediately and solicit private feedback. And for good measure, rx3 should edit his post to delete the quoted text. Just my two cents worth... maybe I'm a bit jaded.
    Edit: you beat me to it on the recommendation to remove rx3's quoted section. We got your back... but not sure everyone on the Internet feels the same.

Thanks a million!

#385 5 years ago

Well... I'm a curious sort and you may have already done this. But a search of the Midland Tx code turned up the following. I'm not saying this particular instance relates directly to any proposed changes of your property... there may be other code penalties that might apply. NOTE that the penalty says it can be assessed EACH day.

I want to go on record that I am in no way aiding, abetting, or assisting in any alleged violations that may or may not occur.

General penalty; continuing violations.
    If in this Code or in any ordinance of the City an act is prohibited or is made or declared to be unlawful or an offense or a misdemeanor, or if in this Code or those ordinances the doing of any act is required or the failure to do any act is declared to be unlawful, then the violation of any such provision of this Code or any such ordinance shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $500.00; providing, however, that any violation of an ordinance governing fire safety, zoning or public health and sanitation shall be punished by a maximum fine of $2,000.00; provided, however, that if the minimum or maximum penalty provided by this Code for any such offense is less or greater than the maximum penalty provided for the same or similar offense under the laws of the state, then the minimum or maximum penalty for violation as provided by state statute shall be the minimum or maximum penalty under this Code. Each day any violation of this Code or of any ordinance continues shall constitute a separate offense.

Any person who shall aid, abet or assist in the violation of any provision of this Code or any other ordinance shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished as provided in the preceding paragraph.

In any prosecution for the violation of any provision of this Code, it shall not be necessary for the complaint to negative or for the state to prove any exception contained in this Code concerning any prohibited act unless the state is otherwise required to do so by law; provided, however, that any such exception made therein may be urged as a defense by the person charged by such complaint.

#386 5 years ago

Didn't see your previous post before edit, but maybe get your own inspection done first? I'd be sweating it too but usually this stuff works out without too much pain.

#387 5 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

Didn't see your previous post before edit, but maybe get your own inspection done first? I'd be sweating it too but usually this stuff works out without too much pain.

I have all inspections in place so far, full compliance of the permits.... the final inspection will take place soon.

My problem is, before 2015 and outbuilding could be attached to the main house on the property. They changed the code in 2015 and they’ll say there has to be a distance of 5 feet between the main house and the out building. There are hundreds of houses that have a very large addition to the house in my city. All of my planning was done in 2013-2014

#388 5 years ago

Is there away to ask about it since you did your planning before 2015 and see if it can still be done as it was part of the original plan?

#389 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Is there away to ask about it since you did your planning before 2015 and see if it can still be done as it was part of the original plan?

I don’t have any notorised documents or anything legit enough to present. All I have is my word, and My google sketch up files

#391 5 years ago

Maybe a non permanent covered walkway with roof and sides could be put in place which would not be your ideal but could be easily removed later before selling.

#392 5 years ago

Good to see that all of the really important stuff is being handled by the authorities in your area. Dear lord.

Keep your chin up buddy.

#393 5 years ago
    Quoted from zh2oson:

Good to see that all of the really important stuff is being handled by the authorities in your area. Dear lord.
    Keep your chin up buddy.

Truth be told, if it weren’t for the major power construction with the new telephone pole, I could have skated under the radar with the permit office. This area is growing too fast for itself. Theres only 2 electrical inspectors and 2 framing inspectors which also serve as final inspectors and to my knowledge, only one plumbing inspector, EVERY business has a help wanted sign as well as the city offices

#394 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Truth be told, if it weren’t for the major power construction with the new telephone pole, I could have skated under the radar with the permit office. This area is growing too fast for itself. Theres only 2 electrical inspectors and 2 framing inspectors which also serve as final inspectors and to my knowledge, only one plumbing inspector, EVERY business has a help wanted sign as well as the city offices

Too many Californians crashing the Texas party, huh?

#395 5 years ago

Weird you say that... A new friend asked me and my wife a few days ago if we are from San Diego.

Quoted from swillie:

Maybe a non permanent covered walkway with roof and sides could be put in place which would not be your ideal but could be easily removed later before selling.

This may be the ticket

#396 5 years ago

It’s much easier than all this. Just build another yet larger building that encapsulates the home and the game room. Done and done.

Else- good luck. Where I live- due to a very disliked neighbor, you would have had the city there 10times already just because they were called to report something that looked bad or weird or whatever... your lucky to have tolerant neighbors who mind their own damn business. I worry about diggin holes outside and installing short retaining walls... Damn. I gotta move to Texas.

And as for Californians moving in...

That’s a yes in my neck of the woods- it sure helps keep the property value so up

#397 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

A new friend asked me and my wife a few days ago if we are from San Diego.

Nobody ever has had any feelings (good or bad) about anyone from San Diego. Ever.

#398 5 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

And as for Californians moving in...
    That’s a yes in my neck of the woods- it sure helps keep the property value so up

We're like ants at a picnic. You didn't invite us, but there's no stopping us!

#399 5 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

It’s much easier than all this. Just build another yet larger building that encapsulates the home and the game room. Done and done

That’s what I told my wife!!!

(Headed back up to the permit office)

#400 5 years ago

Drywall on the bottom floor done, a few touch ups with caulk and then in to paneling the back wall with brick panels

547F6FB1-724D-4AC0-A048-852B391386D1 (resized).jpeg547F6FB1-724D-4AC0-A048-852B391386D1 (resized).jpeg
    2C976438-FC5F-4096-ACDB-B5FBBDB429FE (resized).jpeg2C976438-FC5F-4096-ACDB-B5FBBDB429FE (resized).jpeg

Dropped a new gallon of paint in the alley last night!

Finished the trim on the house side today! Yeah Saturday!

Also, the brick paneling is ready for modification #1

37E8D64F-47C0-458C-BAC6-923D4E84A6A7 (resized).jpeg37E8D64F-47C0-458C-BAC6-923D4E84A6A7 (resized).jpeg

7919A47B-3BB3-4DC8-A88E-8D177F37EAF0 (resized).jpeg7919A47B-3BB3-4DC8-A88E-8D177F37EAF0 (resized).jpeg

3698102E-D44A-47B4-BB01-F544EB1808E8 (resized).jpeg3698102E-D44A-47B4-BB01-F544EB1808E8 (resized).jpeg

There are 660 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backyard-gameroom-in-the-desert/page/8?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.