10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by mg81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Just an FYI Event:

Saturday Dec 21
    St.Louis
    Auction

I'm going because there's always a good chuckle to listen to the auctioneer explain the various power up failures with the auction pins.

probably a fuse
    short across the fuse
    bad light bulb
    check the cord
    an easy fix
    loose connection
    needs a quarter
    etc...

#2 10 years ago

The pin with the short across the fuse sounds like it's FUBAR. I've tried to fix that before. Take the fuse out and the short is gone. Replace it with a brand new one, and it's back.

#3 10 years ago

I have a friend who's job many years ago was fixing cheap imported electronics from Japan, back when Japan was still known exclusively for junk/cheap electronics. The main repair method was having a known working one in front of you taken apart and compare with the broken one. Often the problem was a simple assembly error on the circuit board.

He remembers many times how the boss man would point to a resistor and say "that is why it is broken, it is in backwards". Sadly, many of the repair "technicians" did not know any better and would flip them around. Not surprisingly, turning the resistor around did not fix the problem very often.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backwards-resistors-shorted-fuses and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.