• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Aniraf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2132 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I am a completely new pinball owner with a Cirqus Voltaire. I've noticed that the machine is not saving my settings between being unplugged. I had assumed that was what the three double A batteries in the back box, but that doesn't seem to do it. Is there a coin battery somewhere?

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered. I couldn't find it .

#6 6 years ago

Wow! Awesome help here! Thank you so much!

I got a multimeter on it today and sure enough, one of the matters terminals was reporting voltages all over the place. I looked very closely and saw a super tiny amount of corrosion. I used some light sand paper and alcohol to clean it off and now it seems to be working flawlessly.

I didn't realize you could put nvram in there, idk why I didn't, but that is a great idea. I'll check out the link…I could totally do that myself, I have a fairly nice desoldering setup from arcade repair.

IMG_2132 (resized).JPGIMG_2132 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Nice machine.
Don't look at the color DMD website and while your on their site, don't look at their color LED.
It will cost you

HAHAHAHA! Too late! It's on my wishlist. I think my wife might appreciate me waiting seeing as I just got the machine itself .
I also really like these GameBlades http://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/cirqus-voltair-gameblades.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Jtm3:

Most NVRAM chips come with a socket, strongly suggest socketing it since it the same amount of work as soldering in just the chip.

I totally agree...anything I take out of older machines I socket. The only thing that seems like a minor annoyance with the NVRAM is the loss of the real-time clock. I don't think it matters in CV, but it is a little annoying.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

While you're at it, definitely don't research PinSound either.

HAHA, you're evil!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, welcome to the club. I bought my first pin ever a little over a year ago (Getaway), and Pinside has been awesome. Great community, made new friends that share a hobby, and I can't believe how far I've come with repairing and modding my own pin. You will love the hobby and the community.
Also, you need to join/read the CV thread if you haven't done so already. Great overall advise on Pinside, but specific threads are great for your exact pin.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-circus-cv-club-for-owners-fans/page/9#post-3768780

Yeah, before I bought it I read every post in there! I've asked some questions in there, but they seem to get really delayed responses. I figured that it was kind of an old thread and maybe it's not the place to go.

This forum has been completely fantastic so far. I even like this modern forum engine .

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

so CV is your first Pin ? Congrats it was my first one too , Now....... bet you cant stop at just one

Yep, basically I played it at an event in town and immediately decided I had to own it. I've wanted a pin for a while, but I just don't have the room for it . I have a couple of arcade machines, and two kids which pretty much consume my entire house . I wasn't going to buy this straight away, but I saw one on eBay which looked to be in really nice condition. Long story short, I negotiated the price and now I have a pinball machine in my master bedroom :/.

Oh well, my wife and I will have a bigger house soon enough . At least I got the machine and was able to get it back into working condition.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If you want to ship it to me, I can install NVRAM for you for $22. NVRAM, IC socket, and shipping back is included. It is nice having battery free machines.
http://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

Do you know if my game has a 6264 RAM or a 62256 RAM? Is this something where I have to actually look at the game, as they were interchangeable at the factory? The manual just says "IC RAM 8K x8 Static Cmos 100ns."

It seems incredibly easy to do this mod, assuming you don't have to mess with the extra resistor because of the jumper settings.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

Prediction: within a year you will be listing the arcade games for sale to make room for more Pinball

I always loved pinball, but come on...Atari Food Fight is just a perfect game! I wouldn't be surprised if once I move into a new house I find myself some beat up old machine and try to restore it. I like the old electro mechanical ones too.

#22 6 years ago

Likely has a 62256, but no jumper change will be needed to use 6264. So you could use either NVRAM in this board. I mainly have just 6264 at the house for WPC games, which is why I had suggested that one.

OK, thank you. I ordered one. That will be nice to have.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

For what its worth, a battery holder from Marco with a diode and new Lithium batteries is a decent option as well. I recently did this conversion on a Fireball Classic and even though it took adding a little more lead wire the improvement was painless.
I like Lithium batteries. Under 20 dollars for the conversion.

I actually like that a little better. I kind of wish I hadn't ordered the NVRAM . I think I'm just being overly sensitive to the concept that the time/date will stop working. I don't know why...but it annoys me.

#27 6 years ago

I used to think that until I started repairing battery damaged boards for others and I been on a mission since then to protect every game I can for me and any board/game I work on for every one else. I know I already installed over 130 NVRAM in the last 3 years. You will appreciate not having to worry about batteries once your collection grows, and it will grow. Since installing my 3rd NVRAM, batteries have become a thing of past.

Why the hell do they put the batteries in this location to begin with?

1 week later
#30 6 years ago

If you want to ship it to me, I can install NVRAM for you for $22. NVRAM, IC socket, and shipping back is included. It is nice having battery free machines.
http://www.pinitech.com/products/6264_nvram.php

Closing off this thread, I installed the chip PinballManiac40 recommended and it works perfectly. No batteries . It didn't even take very long to do the installation.

Thanks again!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Danbury, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aniraf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backup-settings-battery?tu=Aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.