8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I have been trying to add my personal background story for over a week now but can't get it to save and show up. I've tried several different ways but each time I hit "save changes" it will say saving and never finish... Anyone got any idea or am I doing something wrong????

#2 8 years ago

Before you click "Save", I think there is a drop down menu on the top right. It stays at "Draft" by default. Isn't there a "Submitted" option? I think you have to change it from Draft, and then Robin (or any other possible admin) needs to review it before it gets posted.

So either you need to change that option, or they just haven't been able to review your post yet. I know a lot of people in Holland go on holiday in the month of July.

Hope that helps.

#3 8 years ago

Mine still says draft beside it.....I guess I need to look into that as well.

#4 8 years ago

Ahh. Your correct VT8man. My story has been up there for a year or so as a draft and never noticed till today!

#5 8 years ago

Thx guys but I did change that option to finished (published) and it has made no difference....it never stops saving and each time I look at my profile it states no background story.

#6 8 years ago

RWH, it will not post yet. You have to change it to finished, and it will only publish once Robin, or someone else at pinside.com reviews it first.

You did save it with those changes? If so, you should see it post in several days. They have to review it first to make sure you didn't put anything in your post that violates the content they care to have on the site.

#7 8 years ago

Okay, I'll wait a week or so and check it out then.

#8 8 years ago

I think only Robin can approve stories.
    I remember having issues with my stories and it was because I was using Internet Explorer. This website works best with Mozilla's Firefox.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

This website works best with Mozilla's Firefox.

Really? I am a Chrome user and I haven't had any issues that I KNOW of. Are there additional features that I would get if I switched to Firefox? And, I also had a story that was "finished" a few weeks ago that never changed to approved.

#10 8 years ago

I had problems also when I tried publishing my story. I tried it on both Firefox and IE, and couldn't get it to work. Eventually I got it, but I can't remember how.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

best with Mozilla's Firefox.
    Really? I am a Chrome user and I haven't had any issues that I KNOW

I'm a Chrome user also !!! I added my background story ,, no Prob-- I would like to Edit it tho and add another addiction..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 30.00
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 269.00
    $ 9.99
    $ 93.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 254.99
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 239.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 28.00
    $ 109.99
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside