(Topic ID: 234388)

Backglass temperature???

By PinballFever

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I hate backglasses anywhere that isn't climate controlled but beyond that one issue we discovered with machines in the garage in the Winter is playfield plastics seem to break pretty easy. We don't have a gameroom in the garage but years ago when we first got into the hobby I sold machines all year cycling through machines we didn't want as we added others to our collection. Anyway when people would come to buy machines & test play them we kept ending up with broken plastics in the machines.

Over the past 5 or 6 years we just totally quit selling during the Winter because of that and other issues with machines in the cold.

Just my 2 cents on playing cold machines.

#4 5 years ago

Inside I doubt you would have any issues. Our basement gameroom is typically around 62 degrees in the Winter and we play games in that gameroom all year long. I think moisture or extreme temp change is more of an issue than anything else. For example moving a machine from a warm house out to a vehicle to transport it. Or buying a machine from a cold garage then loading it into your vehicle with heat cranked up on your way home.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backglass-temperature?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.