IMG_20180709_1126466.jpg
IMG_20180709_1126252.jpg
4BFAA5CB-6C2B-4BA5-BDAB-977F3611EDED (resized).jpeg
20160614_204607 (resized).jpg
A2390BD7-DA77-4DAC-8BDB-1642C7D28245 (resized).jpeg
51A9E1A2-3464-43F1-A47D-AE66F70961EF (resized).jpeg
5CD47414-85C6-4507-AC9F-83EFA57C04AD (resized).jpeg
D8F857A7-1678-4568-8265-0ED494BA5107 (resized).jpeg
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Backglass found....heart repaired

Damn, looks in very good shape too! Nice find.

#52 5 years ago

I'm so glad this story has a happy ending. Hope you and your daughters have many, many more hours of enjoyment out of your machine.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That's great news! I'm glad you were able to find a replacement so quickly.

#54 5 years ago

Awesome! I'm glad it all worked out.

#55 5 years ago

It'll be a happy ending once it arrives in Louisiana safe and sound. Will be shipping it this week.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I’m so upset. Broken unobtanium.
Future Spa is super-popular at my house and the backglass is my favorite. Well, WAS my favorite. I took the glass out and my right hand just lost grip (had wrist surgery 10 years ago and it happens). The glass dropped less than an inch and the corner must have hit just right on the rail and it EXPLODED.
To make it worse, my two young daughters were there and they were in tears.
I don’t have much hope of finding another. Can’t believe I did this. Bad day.

BLAH!

you think about trying BG resto in the future?
http://bgresto.com/
he makes a lot of backglasses for games that are unobtainable.
usually takes him btwn. 4-8 weeks to make them though.

#57 5 years ago

That glass is imamaculate

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

That glass is imamaculate

I see what you did there

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

No less than three Canadian pinsiders were involved in making this happen. We'll have to post the whole story at some point, but suffice it to say these guys have gone above and beyond to make this happen for me. Really impressive and I am very grateful for their efforts.

I love that this backglass is missing the diffuser paper behind the logo, because that's the one piece I have left!

#60 5 years ago

I know you feel better now. Is that glass better than the one that broke? Looks great. I had to replace a BG on my Power Play about 20 yrs ago and finally found a nice one on Ebay. It was shipped UPS and arrived in 1 piece. Felt nice installing it in the game to replace my ruined one. Congrats on the find.

#61 5 years ago

Maybe have someone else install it in case your wrist craps out again...

#62 5 years ago

QUICK- GET IT SCANNED.....just sayin' .....

#63 5 years ago

Good Job! You guys are Awesome!

#64 5 years ago

well done everyone! Great teamwork. What a wonderful community this is

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Thanks to sixtyfourbits and TheHueManatee I might get a replacement! Hopefully it all works out. Thanks guys!

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

A round a beers for you guys helping out a fellow pinsider!!
( that and I am trying to deal with post Baywatch thread syndrome )

cheersforbeers.gifcheersforbeers.gif
#66 5 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

A round a beers for you guys helping out a fellow pinsider!!
( that and I am trying to deal with post Baywatch thread syndrome )

That thread will never die, but forever live on in Pinside yore.

#67 5 years ago

Aw man that is every pinheads nightmare .Glad you are sorted for a replacement !

I once went to pick up a Zaccaria Combat locally . As I was chatting and looking at another game , for some reason the young guy selling it removed the single backbox bolt - the rear panel was missing so he could access it without removing the glass - the backbox crashed onto the cab, backglass in a million pieces

Proper backglasses are beautiful things but everytime you have to remove one is russian roulette ..... I am so ridiculously over cautious around my Skateball glass

I remember being sad when my Earthshaker went ...then I realised I didn't have to worry about that backglass anymore

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

There may be hope at CPR as well.

I gatto know....Simbad?

Abra

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

No less than three Canadian pinsiders were involved in making this happen.

I can see the jokes now....lol

"How many Canadians does it take to buy a backglass?"

*backglass shipped.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from vaevictis:

That thread will never die, but forever live on in Pinside yore.

What thread is it?

#72 5 years ago

BF1850A8-C28A-4523-961D-CEC74CEDB244 (resized).jpegBF1850A8-C28A-4523-961D-CEC74CEDB244 (resized).jpeg

Looks like it should be here Tuesday 17th. Im praying it arrives in one piece!

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Looks like it should be here Tuesday 17th. Im praying it arrives in one piece!

It will arrive in perfect condition no doubt !

#74 5 years ago

1 more day!!

#75 5 years ago

and-im-just-sitting-here-waiting-for-the-postman (resized).jpgand-im-just-sitting-here-waiting-for-the-postman (resized).jpg

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from WillG:

It sucks. bgresto.com can make one if he can get a glass to scan. Give them a try.

BGresto made me a new glass after the original shattered in transit. It's beautiful.

As for the remains of your Future Spa backglass, crush all the pieces until you have nothing but small nuggets. Put them in a large glass vase, add water to cover the pieces and put flowers in it. A nice conversation piece and your wife might like it.

#77 5 years ago

Cue annoying Jeopardy music..............looking forward to seeing it in it's new home!

#78 5 years ago

FedEx notification says delivered.....the suspense is killing me!

Screenshot_20180717-164355.pngScreenshot_20180717-164355.png
#79 5 years ago

IT MADE IT!!

1693F908-408E-4EFD-91EA-312237BB6E54 (resized).jpeg1693F908-408E-4EFD-91EA-312237BB6E54 (resized).jpeg

Looks amazing and I’m very grateful to all who helped get this to me. Thanks again!

Kind of a roller coaster getting this. The story roughly goes...

I emailed the seller in that kijiji ad and she was very succinct. I asked if the glass was still available, she replied “yes” with her address. Ok... weird. So I mailed back and asked for her phone number. Called and called for a couple days but no answer. Once, I got a call back but she hung up on me. Finally later I tried once more and she answered. Sounded like an older lady, she said she didn’t answer my calls because it wasn’t a local number and thought I was pranking her. Ok, fair enough. Then she drops the bomb on me... “I just promised it to someone else, they’re coming Monday”. I tried to outbid the other guy (maybe a jerk move) but she wouldn’t budge. Good for her, bad for me.

At this point I thought it was over. I had talked to ImNotNorm on the phone earlier and he was going to pick it up and ship it if I got it. So I called him to give him the bad news. We both figured I got sniped and feared someone saw the ad posted in this thread and jumped on it. ImNotNorm didn’t give up and he somehow figured out another local pinsider DID get the glass, but not to poach it... he wanted to make sure I got it!

We collectively all realized the seller could get spooked easily, so then ImNotNorm arranged with the real buyer to get the glass and get it to him to pack up and ship. And it made it! He did a great job packing it up.

What a great community.

#80 5 years ago

Finally!! Glad to see it made it safe & sound!

Now don't break this one!!!

#81 5 years ago

I said “oh wow it’s gorgeous” she looked at me sternly and said “if you’re into that kind of thing”.
She was quite a treat alright, glad it worked out and found it home safe.

#82 5 years ago

I love everything about this thread. It gets my vote for thread of the year, despite other more notorious threads and their spawn.

Keep on flipping everybody!

#83 5 years ago

Great to see people helping out so much. Such a nice condition replacement as well & luckily you didn't have to wait long as their was one out there.

#84 5 years ago

To the people that helped @radium...this is pinside. We all have our opinions...some abrasive. But, this is what pinside is all about. We are here for the love of pinball, and to help each other out. Play on pinside, play on.

#85 5 years ago

Awesome job to all Pinsiders involved.

#86 5 years ago

Just like tempered playglass, anyone that remains in the hobby eventually will have this happen incidently or otherwise even caused via shipping.

Always remember this rule in your home to reduce risk. Use a towel on the playfield glass to prevent it touching even momentarily, and what is called the "inverted two hand hold", or chances are it could happen again.

Spare backglasses should be stored in racks vertically, in proper boxes, or framed to prevent edges from stress.

IMG_20180717_222433 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_222433 (resized).jpg
#87 5 years ago
Quoted from radium:

thehuemanatee didn’t give up and he somehow figured out another local pinsider DID get the glass, but not to poach it... he wanted to make sure I got it!

Was the person who bought it getting it for you all along?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Was the person who bought it getting it for you all along?

What happened was radium was going to contact the woman and then tell me how he wanted to proceed. While he was trying to call the seller, pinsider schwarz messaged the seller through the ad and wanted to grab it before a locally known "poacher" got wind of it and snapped it up to sell for a markup.

So I think the lady selling said to herself, "I'll just sell to the guy from town instead of dealing with a possible scammer & shipping glass."

So schwarz messages me and says he's picking it up while he's in town buying a pin. He suggests to pretend I'm him and go grab it. But the last thing I wanted to do was spook this seller. I gave him my address and he drops it off for me to prep for shipping to @radium. Bada boom Bada bing the rest writes itself.

#89 5 years ago

Nothing like a happy ending. Great work gentlemen.... nicely done indeed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backglass-shattered-heart-broken-rip-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.