Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Atari_Daze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I have a backglass and I have been reading about getting it scanned to life size and put in between 2 pieces of glass could anyone tell me if I can go to staples to get this done and can I bring a picture or the old backglass or the backglass it self

#2 4 years ago

I think you can do it a few ways. Use a professional scanner, VID talks about this with scanning playfields. Places like office stores and such have large format scanners. Otherwise you can use a business/home scanner but you'll have to stitch the pictures together.

Then you could print to vinyl or translite material and just use plexi or glass and treat like a new style translite. I haven't done this yet, but if someone knows something better, they'll post up!

#3 4 years ago

Will staples do it

#4 4 years ago

Wat do you think cost would be

#5 4 years ago

you also need a light mask

#6 4 years ago

I have been trying to research the DIY back glass idea and come up with a lot of different answers thru a span of time. My main need is EM related and therefore things are a bit more simple than the current machines. I believe that most who are willing to go down this path, don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a sheet of glass that will equal the value of the machine. Not looking for perfection, rather finish the imperfect game so it presents itself in a decent manner that can be enjoyed. It would be nice if someone could provide methods with current products available at most print shops with wide format printers. Maybe a new topic should be started for this?

#7 4 years ago

Not sure. I have a HP picture scanner I use for playfield scans, or I use my big konica minolta at work for plastics etc. I've had to stitch long plastic scans together.

#8 4 years ago

Rusty great idea good post

#9 4 years ago

Some places might give you a hard time because of copyright issues.

#10 4 years ago

Staples will not have a scanner large enough.

#11 4 years ago

Instead of scanning, I used my Nikon 5300 DSLR 24MP camera @ highest native resolution on a tripod. Had very good results and no stitching required. Photoshop allows for lens correction, as the image curves at the edges. Images are then saved as TIFF files.

#12 4 years ago

I've done translites from glass in the past, with shipping, trim pieces and a masking layer $147 USD.
    The only thing the buyer has to get is a piece of glass or plexi for it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backglass-scan-copy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.