(Topic ID: 173882)

backglass resto: anybody heard from steve?

By illawarra92

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Arcane
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170326_203638 (resized).jpg
    20170326_203505 (resized).jpg
    20170324_081849_resized (resized).jpg
    20150922_171331_zpsn4fwuyq9 (resized).jpg
    16177697_1581471171879682_8646569012033310762_o_zpsnl4zdaat (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DSCF3174 (resized).JPG
    miget glass2back (resized).png
    new midget glass (resized).png
    original midgetglass (resized).png
    IMG_6955[1] (resized).JPG
    MyGlass (resized).JPG
    IMG_0650 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0645 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0644 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0651 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 7 years ago

I and two others have been waiting since March of 2015 for 4 backglasses (same game). I can't recall the number of times I have called, e-mailed, and texted Steve. It's always "I'll get them right out to you". His text last week said "have patience". I realize we are lucky to have him making these for us but 20 months and still waiting....................

Do I win the award?

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

no you don't win the award. and you didn't tell the entire story either.
    your glasses were delivered, if i'm thinking this is the same case... but there was some minor flaw (a wrong color i think?) which you didn't like. and steve told you he would re-make them (all 4 glasses were the same game, again if i remember correctly.) So really, your situation is not the same. You received your order. just you got all anal over a color issue.
    it's situations like yours that makes steve wonder, "why do i do this for people?"

Clay, we were told we would be able to approve the artwork before the glasses were made. But instead of being given the option to approve the color choices and then have him tweak the colors, he just made them the way he wanted and mailed them out.

Got anal? Don't think so.

And yes, we do appreciate what he does for the hobby.

#41 7 years ago

Warning - long post.

I agree communication is a big problem with Steve and we all know this is a sideline job - not his day job. We're lucky to have people like him in the hobby.

But, I'm also going to say there are some of us who's jobs were put off because the artwork was time consuming and he didn't want to keep that customer at the top of his schedule. Others were put ahead and that's hard to stomach when you've waited so long.

For the people that got their backglass within 3 months that's great. Others up to six months - slow but the wait was worth it. We all realize this is a side job and not his main income.

But, what about three of us waiting 20 months with Steve not explaining why the wait was so long and promising us five times our backglasses would be sent out that week and never were? I don't even know if they are done because I can't believe what he says anymore.

Ok, you be the judge here (this is the first time any of us has used Steve) I'm not bashing Steve here - just stating my story.

We ask Steve if he can do 4 backglasses for three of us for a Williams pitch and bat game. Steve says he needs the artwork to do them. We provide the artwork. Steve mails us the finished artwork and the three of us agreed on changes we would like made. Steve says he will make the changes and get back to us to approve. This is where the problem started. We were shocked to receive our backglasses in the mail one day. We never had a chance to approve the changes. So, we contacted Steve and told him the changes we would like to see. He stated it's easier to send the glasses out for us to see. He said the time is all in the artwork. Printing on the glass is easy. At that point I thought if I sent Steve my backglass with good colors (had some flaking) he could use that as an example to compare to for the artwork. I ate the shipping costs and gave up my glass which I didn't mind. So then, we get an e-mail saying the glasses are done and he was missing one of the three addresses on where to send. Again, we're shocked that this is twice now we didn't have the chance to approve his finished product. So, I gave him the 3rd address on where to ship and he said that he would get them out by the weekend. That was last Memorial Day - It's been 5 times now that we were promised we would receive our four glasses and we're still waiting - we first contacted him in March of 2015. We pre-paid for our glasses and we don't want a refund (never offered one) - we just want a backglass that's close to the original.

If Steve is having problems as of late I hope he can recover and get back on track with some of his stalled jobs and make amends to some of us that have waited way too long.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from cfh:

but there was some minor flaw (a wrong color i think?) which you didn't like. You received your order. just you got all anal over a color issue.

Quoted from shazzam:

Hey, Steve here from BGresto....
    If you have been waiting a long time to get a restoration shipped, (or 4 replacements on my dime hoov beacuse you think there colors should be more perfect)

minor flaw, got all anal over a color issue
    colors should be more perfect

You be the judge: I'd like the grass to look a brighter green/more realistic was my biggest concern - that would be a good place to start by correcting..........

IMG_0252 (resized).JPGIMG_0252 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0257 (resized).JPGIMG_0257 (resized).JPG

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

as per title: ordered and payed for 2 backglasses, 1 in march and 1 in july..have sent several emails over the past few months and nothing.
    kind of getting a bit pissed off.

illawarra92 - didn't mean to hijack your thread

2 months later
    #88 7 years ago

Just received my glass yesterday from Steve!

2 weeks later
    #104 7 years ago
    Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Hoov, if you or any of your friends would like to sell one of those four glasses with the slightly off color, I'd be interested in purchasing one for my machine. I was going to touch up the paint but I'd prefer a new glass depending on the price. P.M. me if you're interested in selling (and shipping) one.

All I want is actual shipping to send it. Pay anything you want after that to Steve - maybe as a donation for making glasses for us hobbyists. All I wanted was a glass from Steve with green grass and I now have it.

Send me a pm if you're interested.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backglass-resto-anybody-heard-from-steve?tu=hoov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.