(Topic ID: 173882)

backglass resto: anybody heard from steve?

By illawarra92

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Arcane
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170326_203638 (resized).jpg
    20170326_203505 (resized).jpg
    20170324_081849_resized (resized).jpg
    20150922_171331_zpsn4fwuyq9 (resized).jpg
    16177697_1581471171879682_8646569012033310762_o_zpsnl4zdaat (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    DSCF3174 (resized).JPG
    miget glass2back (resized).png
    new midget glass (resized).png
    original midgetglass (resized).png
    IMG_6955[1] (resized).JPG
    MyGlass (resized).JPG
    IMG_0650 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0645 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0644 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0651 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago

I took on a glass job. That I strongly didn't want to do because it was already done. Person wasn't happy with the final results. Cost me hundreds of dollars & wasted time. Refunded the persons money in full, & they still complained on Pinside about it.

I do what I can to supply glass, & custom orders. Don't care how many people are doing the same title. Try to do the best for my tiny market. That being said hats of to all the big producers, & the small demand ones around the world.

Color variations, glass or plastic that gets a fine scratch, & mistakes by anyone or any machine in the process. Adds to more costs & delays. Last week I rejected a tempered glass order because the LOGO was stamped to the corner of every one. They checked & verified that it was their mistake. That delay is another month + for customers to wait. Add in the cost of cardboard box(s), tape, printing labels, packaging, & dealing with email is also huge for time. It even takes weeks locally to get our custom cardboard done, but they do a good job!

IMG_0639 (resized).JPGIMG_0639 (resized).JPG

IMG_0640 (resized).JPGIMG_0640 (resized).JPG

IMG_0641 (resized).JPGIMG_0641 (resized).JPG

IMG_0642 (resized).JPGIMG_0642 (resized).JPG

IMG_0643 (resized).JPGIMG_0643 (resized).JPG

#55 7 years ago

Kind of reminds me of the few samples of q-bert I did. People didn't like the purple, yellow, or orange. Don't think much changed in the printers tweaking for the second one donated to TPF in 2015. The artist John Trudeau thought it looked good, & signed it. After that I usually give up, & just allow the printer to print the art supplied. Almost reminds me of the constant bitching you hear from a few people about it doesn't look original. Or the best is the producers that say this is a better version, or far superior. I don't pay attention anymore, about it has to be screened, or next gen this for printing.

Glad that usually 9 out of 10 people are very happy to have a replacement glass. Just like you figure 5%+ of your shipments will be damaged or destroyed by UPS. They always have a excuse not to pay anything. I warn people not to release their package back for inspection. Since it will go into the dumpster! I'm lucky that my superior packing job & materials (not a engineered box with stamp) have my loss ratio around 3% with UPS. If UPS hears the glass has broken in the box, or a hint of serious damage. They can refuse to delivery, & dispose in the dumpster as a safety precaution without even opening the box. Had a playfield crushed at the corner, that look like forklift wheel ran over it. UPS denied the claim, & the owner & myself wasted many hours.

#65 7 years ago

Here is some of the purchase orders I have with Marco Specialties slowly being filled over months. I bundle my glass in lots of 3, & roll the dice with UPS. Cardboard corner protectors likely help out! There is going to be differences in color & methods of production. People need to remember pinball parts were never produced to a high & exact standard. Same thing goes for actual games made now or back when flippers were installed. Glad Rick from Planetary Pinball finally figured that out years ago, or there would be less parts available now. I remember when I started buying pins 20 years ago, junk a bunch to make or keep better ones going. I'm sure I sent 60+ pins to the dump or into a fire. A couple of Bally Spectrums, Asteroid Annie, & other rarer pins had their life ended.

IMG_0651 (resized).JPGIMG_0651 (resized).JPG

IMG_0644 (resized).JPGIMG_0644 (resized).JPG

IMG_0645 (resized).JPGIMG_0645 (resized).JPG

IMG_0650 (resized).JPGIMG_0650 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greatwichjohn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backglass-resto-anybody-heard-from-steve?tu=greatwichjohn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.